• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'm bored, so I'm gonna do something I don't normally do. Talk about smash.

In recent terms, I feel like my new Jigglypuff is a nice compliment to my Zelda in Melee when it comes to taking care of all of the high tier matchups. I'm finding that I'm thinking more on my feet with her while having the ability to actually avoid some things that Zelda can't against them, such as Marth/Fox/Falco's OoS options. Being able to edgeguard them more effectively is a much needed bonus, while also being able to crouch cancel a lot of Sheik's ground moves. Ducking underneath grabs is nice too, especially against Falcon and Peach, but I usually use Zelda for those matchups.

I feel like my Brawl Zelda is almost back to the way she was before I put Brawl on the shelf, but she's got a few new tricks and mindgames too. I need to figure out when to grab more, but I'll leave that for another time. Her grab's not all that useful anyway, but it could be a nice situational tactic.

TL;DR - Smash alright. Fun to play every now and then.
sounds like fun. jiggz is gay though, for real.

shoop doop good games at dibbz.

-rickyb
I wish I was there, but I've heard the damned story so many times from so many different people that it feels like I was actually there. D:
what happen? PM if it isn forum appropriate, please

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
oh that happened today. i assumed they were actually talking about a long time ago.

Melee?

D

Deleted member

a long long time ago... in a galaxy pretty damn close.
i was feeling too pro because i had recently beaten lee and cyphus in a tournament in lafayette with my new main, marth. they came to the next gameware tournament in br for rematches. me and cyphus had an epicly close set, going to last game last stock last hit, and he wins. later i face lee and get 3 stocked twice for no reason. basically anything you could do wrong i did it. and i didnt live the joke down for multiple years to come. THIS IS A TRUE STORY.

more importantly, kyle and i are rank 6 in DIAMON LEAGUE on sc2. get at me.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
lol at Jiggs complementing Zelda in "taking care of all the high tier matchups"

Speaking of Zelda, Vaughn you must be excited if you've seen the project M videos of her. Yoshi is looking badass too.

Also, we were rank 5 diamond league, but then we won a game and became rank 6.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I feel like my Brawl Zelda is almost back to the way she was before I put Brawl on the shelf, but she's got a few new tricks and mindgames too. I need to figure out when to grab more, but I'll leave that for another time. Her grab's not all that useful anyway, but it could be a nice situational tactic.

TL;DR - Smash alright. Fun to play every now and then.
The only problem with your grabs is that you dash grabbed in Brawl. Most characters in Brawl have terrible dash grabs. Since there's no JC grabs, try canceling your dash with shield then grabbing so that you get the increased range from doing a standing grab.

'V'

Smash Lord
lol at Jiggs complementing Zelda in "taking care of all the high tier matchups"

Speaking of Zelda, Vaughn you must be excited if you've seen the project M videos of her. Yoshi is looking badass too.

Also, we were rank 5 diamond league, but then we won a game and became rank 6.
Meh... I don't really care so much for all of the modded games for Brawl. I figured may as well just play the real games. They're both silly enough as it is.

The only problem with your grabs is that you dash grabbed in Brawl. Most characters in Brawl have terrible dash grabs. Since there's no JC grabs, try canceling your dash with shield then grabbing so that you get the increased range from doing a standing grab.
I figured that would be a problem, so I'll try that.

And Sudai, I have an interview today, but we'll play sometime soon.

D

Deleted member

generally, the higher rank means youre the better player but let's say we're rank 5 and beat a team rank 6, but the rank 7 people beat the team rank 3. we may stay 'in the same spot' but rank 7 may move up to rank 5, us down to 6, 6 down to 7, and maybe the rank 3 down to 4 or something.

also there are multiple divisions within each league. so diamond league may have 10 divisions(100 spots per ldivision, 1000 players) so being ranked 6 doesnt mean we are the 6th best team, but it means more like we're in the top 6% of players. but also there are many more divisions per league in the lower tiers. there are 5 leagues, so maybe 40% of players are in copper, 30% are in silver, 20% in diamond, 10% in platinum, and 5% in diamond. (i know thats 105% but just as an example go with it.) so if we're in the top 6% of the top 5% of players... we prolly just pro. (and in the top 1% of players)

but for the record, we could lose a couple and be pushed down far. and idk if we're really as good as the game says we are. we should go to korea and find out.

Pritch

Smash Lord
The whole ranking system for sc2 is ********. It's designed to make the maximum number of people feel good about their position rather than provide an accurate representation of, you know, rank. They should just run a normal ladder like every other game known to man.

My comp hasn't arrived yet.:( Hopefully tomorrow. Then depending on how long it takes me to get myself set up here I should be joining you guys soon, taylor.

Pritch

Smash Lord
At the end of the day it's fairly meaningless anyways, so I fail to see why that's a big deal. Given that, I'd rather have an accurate representation of where I stand than a pat on the back from blizzard that no one really gives a rat's *** about.

Sudai

Stuff here
I have a feeling more people care about being high ranked than actuate ranking.

As for the religion comment: My problem with religion isn't it's accuracy, it's the fact that people like to use it as an excuse to do the most ******** ****. I'm perfectly fine with religion being inaccurate and making a bunch of people feel better about themselves, just like Blizz's ranking. Smart people will still see it for what it is. ;]

D

Deleted member

wow. i just looked up full rankings. our diamond division, urun eta, is rank 3rd out of 232. it updates rankings every hour. we havent played since last night and some people moved ahead of us. rank 8 now. but damn.

Savon

Smash Ace
I asked my mom about going to WHOBO and basically her response was

:smash:
*My hopes of going*

LF> White parents please

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I really wanna go to Oh Snap, guys. Why don't you? :(

They will have Brawl, Melee, 64, AND Brawl-!

We're gonna be missing out if we don't go...

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
WHAT MUST I DO TO GET YOU GUYS MOTIVATED TO GO TO OH SNAP?

Pros:
-Brawl, Melee, 64, and Brawl-
-It's on MLK weekend, so you don't have to worry about school on Monday
-Yawara misses us and will suck your **** (LOL)
-OK, Dallas, CO, MO, KS, and more FREE regions are all going
-The nearby zoo is FREE!
-Free housing

True, it is 11 hours away, BUT we could try to get housing in Dallas on Friday.

eet

Smash Ace
Well, I'd only feel like going if it was free, and instead of just driving I got laid by two sexy cheerleader twins while riding a unicorn and smoking a blunt while I snacked on some cherry cheesecake, and Roni came.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Who wants to get butt****ed tomorrow?

Edit: Oh, my spellcheck says I spelled butt**** wrong. But****? Butt ****? There it goes. Question still stands.

ChKn

Smash Ace
WHAT MUST I DO TO GET YOU GUYS MOTIVATED TO GO TO OH SNAP?

Pros:
-Brawl, Melee, 64, and Brawl-
-It's on MLK weekend, so you don't have to worry about school on Monday
-Yawara misses us and will suck your **** (LOL)
-OK, Dallas, CO, MO, KS, and more FREE regions are all going
-The nearby zoo is FREE!
-Free housing

True, it is 11 hours away, BUT we could try to get housing in Dallas on Friday.
F that..............

Top Bottom