• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

ima agree with freddy on this one. last page was particularly ********.
new topic::
gayness of mutalisks in sc2. discuss.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
@JNig- What about WHOBO? It's a big OoS and I plan to make it my first Regional. I've only gotten answers from you, jio, BSL, and Tura. Anyone else wanna go?
I dont see why hyro/lee would not want to go. They have been to both and im pretty sure they will go to the 3rd one too. This event is looking huge. Out of COUNTRY players are going to this.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm interested in going to Oh Snap. I just need to know how much everything would cost. If not, I'll go to Hobo.

Also, I'm confirmed for Whobo.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
SD, i figured it out. the font you chose is thicker than the default font. so it has the same effect as staring at a white screen, almost. obviously not the same intensity, but its worse than the default font for sure. find a thinner font, pl0x.

not trollan either.

eet

Smash Ace
i got this noob friend who's alredy going to be there though.
his name is RickyB.

"definitely nothing to do with brain cell growth/death"
im pretty sure the opposite of this has been technically scientifically proven, but i dont think it effects intelligence per say.

Myth: Marijuana Kills Brain Cells. Used over time, marijuana permanently alters brain structure and function, causing memory loss, cognitive impairment, personality deterioration, and reduced productivity.

Fact: None of the medical tests currently used to detect brain damage in humans have found harm from marijuana, even from long term high-dose use. An early study reported brain damage in rhesus monkeys after six months exposure to high concentrations of marijuana smoke. In a recent, more carefully conducted study, researchers found no evidence of brain abnormality in monkeys that were forced to inhale the equivalent of four to five marijuana cigarettes every day for a year. The claim that marijuana kills brain cells is based on a speculative report dating back a quarter of a century that has never been supported by any scientific study. Also, Marijuana produces immediate, temporary changes in thoughts, perceptions, and information processing. The cognitive process most clearly affected by marijuana is short-term memory. In laboratory studies, subjects under the influence of marijuana have no trouble remembering things they learned previously. However, they display diminished capacity to learn and recall new information. This diminishment only lasts for the duration of the intoxication. There is no convincing evidence that heavy long-term marijuana use permanently impairs memory or other cognitive functions.

source:this site and it has further sources listed.

Sudai

Stuff here
Still, none of us have smoked out of it, so none of us can name it. :p

It's funny though, it looks like the bowl on your first piece looks -exactly- like the bowl from my first piece. lol

eet

Smash Ace
I think Kyle is trollin but, just in case ..weed doesn't cause lung cancer lol. also when is someone in la gonna get project:melee? Gets old beating noobs in melee sometimes.

and vaughn instead of sighing you should be coming over and bringing your video recording shit so we can be awesome

edit: cool pipe, curlz. No idea on a name ..usually a name just comes up when everyone is high lol D:

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
jio ignored for the past few weeks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDYd0ifaXU4&feature=player_detailpage#t=213s

I think Kyle is trollin but, just in case ..weed doesn't cause lung cancer lol. also when is someone in la gonna get project:melee? Gets old beating noobs in melee sometimes.

and vaughn instead of sighing you should be coming over and bringing your video recording shit so we can be awesome

edit: cool pipe, curlz. No idea on a name ..usually a name just comes up when everyone is high lol D:
Inhaling smoke will always cause lung cancer eventually. Its just that weed doesn't have arsenic, cyanide and other poisonous chemicals to exaggerate the effect of smoke on lungs. That's why most pot smokers normally don't suffer from lung cancer at a rate anywhere close to that of cigarette smokers. When you smoke weed, you smoke weed. When you smoke cigs, you smoke tobacco with a shitload of other stuff.

eet

Smash Ace
For sure, marijuana smoke contains a number of irritants and carcinogens, just like cigarettes. But, there have been no reports of lung cancer related solely to marijuana, and in a large study presented to the American Thoracic Society in 2006, even heavy users of smoked marijuana were found not to have any increased risk of lung cancer. Also, Unlike heavy tobacco smokers, heavy marijuana smokers exhibit no obstruction of the lung's small airway. That indicates that people will not develop emphysema from smoking marijuana.

I'm not saying there aren't some negative consequences to marijuana use - only that I think they are largely exaggerated. A real solution to carcinogens is to buy a vaporizer. :D

And, I think it's really kinda bizarre they are keeping it so top-secret(switching to P:M talk - keep up). Come on, now - it's a game mod not a ****ing nuclear weapon. I guess they are trying to wait until it is largely playable, and avoid another Brawl+, but it seems more beneficial to release an alpha and let everyone rather play around with it and test it. But whatev, wishful thinking. D:

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Why would they be so secretive about something like that?

*goes back to work on making Diddy Kong image*
For whatever reason, they don't want people playing it until it's finished. They only give the files to people who are devs and some select testers who are very knowledgeable and experienced players.

ChKn

Smash Ace
lol at this comment:

"Is this an anti gay commercial? The young mans friends invite him to go get twisted. I assume that means going to a sock hop where they will do the twist, like they did last summer, like they did last year. He chooses not to go and the homophobic proprietor rewards him with a free meal because they are both straight."

Heard this on the radio earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgCo5DVX3XQ

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
there was a leak recently of one of the PM builds. D@nt@r10n (not sure if he's a namesearcher [probably not, just playing it safe]) made up some stuff about how if you play it, it bricks your wii and that you should delete the files immediately, but it didnt make any sense. i didnt get the files, so i cant tell you for sure if it bricks or not, but i doubt it. highly.

Lee should definitely get PM and let us all play it though.

Top Bottom