• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
So everything after my last post was TL;DR, so yeah.

I ended up breaking my arm at a show tonight, so no smash for me for a while. :[ I'll still be coming to tournies to support and help out though.
rofl.

turaz, evan's in town. come over tomorrow.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Invoke the hounds, let them separate their genitals while we feast the n!gger flesh.

eet

Smash Ace
Freddy and his friends have this thing where they say the most ridiculous shit they can think of. They've also somehow convinced themselves it's always clever and hilarious and always edgy, cause they don't care who hears it, in fact, they want their strangeness to be extracted onto others.
You never really get used to it - you just ignore it.

Sudai

Stuff here
Freddy and his friends have this thing where they say the most ridiculous shit they can think of. They've also somehow convinced themselves it's always clever and hilarious and always edgy, cause they don't care who hears it, in fact, they want their strangeness to be extracted onto others.
Like most things Freddy does.

Curlz

Smash Lord
So I need legal help guys...

My band posted a song back in April of this past year (2010) on our myspace. Well, it came to my attention about 3 days ago that some random solo artist stole my song and posted it on his own personal band page. He didn't edit, alter, or change anything about the song. He just illegally downloaded and posted the song as his own.

Would I be able to press charged on him for copyright infringement or no? I'm almost positive that he isn't making any money off of the song, but he hasn't given me credit for my own work and is basically claiming the song as his own.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Take this with a grain of salt, because I'm not totally sure this is correct...

The fact that you made the song first does give you rights even though you didn't actually copyright it yourself. You don't actually have to officially apply for something or anything like that.

That said, the fact that he's not actually attempting to make money off of it makes it kind of hard to actually have a claim against the guy. So I'm not sure what you can actually charge him with.

eet

Smash Ace
Your works are copyrighted from the moment you wrote the music or the lyrics or recorded the song. You do not have to register it until you want to sue someone in federal court, but you should register within 3 months of publishing or identification of infringement if you want to claim statutory damages (up to $150,000 per song) rather than having to prove actual damages by infringers.

You can optionally "remind" people that you own the copyright by putting copyright notice on everything (the music, lyrics, recording labels, etc). You are protected even if you don't use the notice, if your work was first published in the USA after 1989.
Source(s):
http://www.copyright.gov

Just write him a takedown email and make it sound legit.

le sigh

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
So I need legal help guys...

My band posted a song back in April of this past year (2010) on our myspace. Well, it came to my attention about 3 days ago that some random solo artist stole my song and posted it on his own personal band page. He didn't edit, alter, or change anything about the song. He just illegally downloaded and posted the song as his own.

Would I be able to press charged on him for copyright infringement or no? I'm almost positive that he isn't making any money off of the song, but he hasn't given me credit for my own work and is basically claiming the song as his own.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3n0vBcW5fc

that's what he just did to you. xD

Hyro

Smash Lord
lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f-91fB8y-w&NR=1
i rather the extended nontrolled version. its actually creepier.
lmao @ the lyrics

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
V! Me and turaz just went to gameware and you weren't there playing pop'n. What's going on?!

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
link to the song J$? I don't believe you actually made a song.

Drinkin. aldo, something clever and witty. now you laugh

Savon

Smash Ace
Wow. That pic basically ended the year of 2010 on a very negative note for me........lets hope the year begins with something good to cancel that out.

Savon

Smash Ace
Fox is such a fun character to play. Once I learn how to SHDL and SHTL I am going to be golden. Snake is so boring compared to Fox and Sonic.

Top Bottom