• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
The power was pretty much gone. The power of healing and etc. is with her hair, nothing else if you exclude the tear. The hair reversed her aging for a certain period of time. My b on that one, but the song hints at it. "Give me back what once was mine," her youth. Her aging normally is what killed her. She was very old at the beginning when she found the flower and probably much much older when she raised Rapunzel, therefore as a result of the hair being cut, the healing power of it is gone and the aging effects are eliminated, thus turning Gothel into dust.

The only true "power" left is in the single tear of Rapunzel which represents the single tear of sunlight. But the main power was ultimately in her hair.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Remember, HOBO 30 is on Jan 8th which is 10 days from now. There will not be a HOBO in Feb so this is pretty much your last major chance at some quality practice before the big one(WHOBO). So if you haven't already, please check out the HOBO 30 thread to get a partner for reg teams and MT teams or just post to let me know if you plan on going or not.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293690

Also, please head to the WHOBO 3 thread and make it big! Ask for partners(reg/low tier), issue MMs, trash talk or just generate some hype. This may be the last WHOBO i do so lets try and make it better than the previous 2.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287843

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
but what i was saying, nitez, was that once you stop singing, the effects of the hair stop. so why would the loss of hair reverse its effects?

look at it this way. the flower healed the mother from her sickness. when the flower was consumed and destroyed in her stomach acid, why didnt its healing powers cease? the mother didnt go back to being sick. maybe its because the power was still existing, in her childs hair? well, why didnt the mother die when the hair was cut?

real mother, not the fake creepy old lady mom.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace

Savon

Smash Ace
I lol'd quite hard. I do not think Pickle is going to be coming back anytime soon though. I think it is pretty safe to say that we scared him off for good.

LF>Ride to CI monthly. I live in New Orleans east.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I lol'd quite hard. I do not think Pickle is going to be coming back anytime soon though. I think it is pretty safe to say that we scared him off for good.

LF>Ride to CI monthly. I live in New Orleans east.
Iceman brought up the idea that Curlz=pickle at the last CI monthly. Seems legit only because neither received respect sand wanted/looked for it. On another note, somebody get him a ride ASAP!

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
but what i was saying, nitez, was that once you stop singing, the effects of the hair stop. so why would the loss of hair reverse its effects?

look at it this way. the flower healed the mother from her sickness. when the flower was consumed and destroyed in her stomach acid, why didnt its healing powers cease? the mother didnt go back to being sick. maybe its because the power was still existing, in her childs hair? well, why didnt the mother die when the hair was cut?

real mother, not the fake creepy old lady mom.
Ok here comes my explaination. The mother didnt die because she was just a small sickness not life threatning. The flower made the birth safer. As for the mother that one is self explanitory. Fake mother was old. Really old. She song the song everyday to keep her aging away. When the hair got cut, all the magic left. All that was left was aging. She turned to dust. Dont forget she like 200-300 or more years old.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
but the magic doesnt stay with the old lady at all times. otherwise the hair would be glowing the whole time. the old lady could function without the magic constantly working. she only needed one dose a day. what was stopping the old lady from turning to dust a few seconds before the hair was cut?

Savon

Smash Ace
This convo is still going on. That bothers me greatly. The state of Louisiana is losing so much street cred right now. Lets just pray that nobody from another state notices the conversation going on in this thread.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
R
I've learned one thing from all this: BSL is a raging homo for looking for logic and sense in a pixar movie.
This! You beat me to the post! It's a freakin fairytale, not rl nor is it based on it.

@Savon, we never had street cred. Ain't nothing wrong about convoy on Disney films. There's more to media than the Boondocks, n***a.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Remember, HOBO 30 is on Jan 8th which is 10 days from now. There will not be a HOBO in Feb so this is pretty much your last major chance at some quality practice before the big one(WHOBO). So if you haven't already, please check out the HOBO 30 thread to get a partner for reg teams and MT teams or just post to let me know if you plan on going or not.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293690

Also, please head to the WHOBO 3 thread and make it big! Ask for partners(reg/low tier), issue MMs, trash talk or just generate some hype. This may be the last WHOBO i do so lets try and make it better than the previous 2.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287843
I would like to go to at least one of these, plus maybe OH SNAP, but no one else seems interested. I MISS TEXAS :(

They're too busy talking about Tangled. FAHGOTS

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Oh God, man just let it go. There's nothing wrong with criticizing a fairy tale, but the entire concept of arguing the logicality of a fantasy story is pointless because the very nature of fantastic stories is to have nonsensical things in it. Since the subject matter isn't logical there's little surprise that the story has logical inconsistencies.

Tl;dr: what Sudai said

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
I would like to go to at least one of these, plus maybe OH SNAP, but no one else seems interested. I MISS TEXAS :(

I'll go to WHOBO if someone's carpooling, sadly everytime I posted anything about WHOBO everyone seemingly ignored it to chat about unimportant ****! It kinda bugs me because despite the tourney being a while away you still have to get **** straight before you go to it especially a big OoS tourney.

On a serious note, who is wanting to go to WHOBO besides me and JNig?

Turazrok

Smash Master
Me and BSL are skipping school to go to whobo
Im beating my grandma til she requires medical attention so she cant attend grandparents day and I can skip

ChKn

Smash Ace
School is gonna be the end of my smash career sadly lol. I need to figure out a way to get practice in + doing homework.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace

Sadly I can't go to this one but I thought there would be one in February =(

I'll go to WHOBO if someone's carpooling, sadly everytime I posted anything about WHOBO everyone seemingly ignored it to chat about unimportant ****! It kinda bugs me because despite the tourney being a while away you still have to get **** straight before you go to it especially a big OoS tourney.

On a serious note, who is wanting to go to WHOBO besides me and JNig?
I've sacrificed 50 newborn kittens and puppies to ensure I go to WHOBO so yeah I'm going.

Top Bottom