• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Sign ups start at 5. I'll be starting the bracket around 6. If you aren't there when I start, tough!

Also, let Awstin go! I want him to be there. MM? :D

Hyro

Smash Lord
Yeah, smash rap for smashboards, trying to record was too serious...like lol no

youre all gay. ****** about smash. a new level of lame. in other news, im signing the paper work to buy a house tomorrow. praise me for my awesome.
Pretty much that lmao

I gotta take a break from smash. Justin knows me too well and i'm not making any cash from it lol. And I should be in college on the weekends not in nola sheeeeeeeeeet

ping pong was legit

rallys was ****ing good yeah rallys even though i was high and tripping balls

k peace

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I gotta take a break from smash. Justin knows me too well and i'm not making any cash from it lol. And I should be in college on the weekends not in nola sheeeeeeeeeet
I don't know whether to feel good or bad about that...

But at least you're getting your priorities straight.

Curlz

Smash Lord
So I'm glad you guys enjoyed the venue. Special thanks to ChKn who found and booked the room for us.

The guy who was watching over us at the tournament said he really enjoyed us being there and that we should expect future tournies in the room.

Next time we should have a ping pong side event. :p

Blaino

Smash Cadet
Taking time away from smash ain't so bad, John. It should give you plenty of time to figure **** out. gl on the rest of your semester. Venue was pretty cool, and it also needs to get some window units or something, got a little stuffy but nothing unbearable. GGs to everyone i played in bracket and friendlies.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Lol John, the only thing worth doing there at the weekend is tailgating. Trust me, I'm there every gameday Saturday. Not to say your choice is Smash or get drunk, but it kinda is.

Sudai

Stuff here
Hyro, just start playing Melee more seriously for a while. In the end it'll make you better at Brawl when you start playing again. Unless you don't wanna play games right now then **** it. lol

D

Deleted member

i lost to ken and avery. im having a weird problem with smash that i never thought id have. i never want to play serious. at home i play mostly like ness and cfalc. i quickly get tired of playing and stop. i never play like im practicing for a tournament and rarely ever sit down to play at all. but then i go to tournaments and try to just play for fun like i do at home but get upset when i lose. i played almost all cfalc in this tourney. i played marth only once against avery and lost. i never play marth or fox anymore at home and still i got upset when i lost. it seems ******** that i care about losing when i never play seriously. thats why i dont think im going to attend tournaments anymore. unless i for what ever reason i decide i want to play smash like i used to that is. or if i feel like i wont care about losing to people i think im better than, but i doubt ill get past that. ggs saturday. ken is gay for picking FoD. ping pong was fun.

D

Deleted member

that is something i dont need more of. concern to play seriously would be something i need. but it doesnt really matter.

'V'

Smash Lord
Yeah I pretty much think I'm finally retiring from serious smash altogether for real this time. The only times I ever wanna play is if I wanna play with people that I haven't seen for a while and just wanna chill with them for a bit. That's the only time I ever really think about smash, but to be honest, I'd rather play something else with you guys. I never travel for tourneys anymore and I only really wanna play with more than two people on the screen, whether it be free-for-alls or teams. 1v1's are boring.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think i've done like 3 tournaments a year from now. i think a part is just 'growing up', although it wouldn't be for anything beyond the context of how serious we take a video game. we've been playing smash for 10 years, and its not a magical experience anymore. we've needed progressively more drugs to keep the game exciting while the game only grows more mechanical, repetitive, and predictable. most people dont play games for 10 years. And for many of us, its just not something we can afford the attention and effort into anymore. We go to school and work and, personally, as much as i'd love to be pro at smash (and like many, believe i CAN...), its discouraging when you dont have the time to keep up with people who do. its a process of just accepting where you are in the game, and being ok with not getting any better. we can all get better, but unless you can devote tons of time to smash, you gotta accept the limits, and i often despie that. but shoop dop.

D

Deleted member

yet we could all make time, at the cost of other activities, so it really comes down to playing a old game or trying some new **** out. no drive to care and get better. like i said, its not like i dont have time to play or something. we get together maybe once a week for an hour or so but i just play ness. another big thing that cuts down on my concern is that it doesnt have much of a national scene anymore. dont matta shrimp platta.

btw im not ranting or complaining just incase. this is just what is up *****

Griffard

Smash Ace
I'm trying to rake up all the competitive smashers at Tulane University/Loyola/Uptown NOLA. Should I make an entire thread for that purpose or just post in here? I'd like to arrange some tournaments and smashfests.

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm trying to rake up all the competitive smashers at Tulane University/Loyola/Uptown NOLA. Should I make an entire thread for that purpose or just post in here? I'd like to arrange some tournaments and smashfests.
For tournaments, make a thread. For general chat use this one. I recommend utilizing our Facebook group and inviting players into it as well.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
You can start by suckin a ****.

'V'

Smash Lord
i think i've done like 3 tournaments a year from now. i think a part is just 'growing up', although it wouldn't be for anything beyond the context of how serious we take a video game. we've been playing smash for 10 years, and its not a magical experience anymore. we've needed progressively more drugs to keep the game exciting while the game only grows more mechanical, repetitive, and predictable. most people dont play games for 10 years. And for many of us, its just not something we can afford the attention and effort into anymore. We go to school and work and, personally, as much as i'd love to be pro at smash (and like many, believe i CAN...), its discouraging when you dont have the time to keep up with people who do. its a process of just accepting where you are in the game, and being ok with not getting any better. we can all get better, but unless you can devote tons of time to smash, you gotta accept the limits, and i often despie that. but shoop dop.
TL;DR version: This **** is old, and so are we.

-Ran

Smash Master
Everyone tries to find a reason to keep playing. Stop trying so hard. It's incredibly hard to play a game for two years, much less eight.

Sudai

Stuff here
Congrats Ran.

So, I'ma be stranded at DIBBZ from 6 till 11ish if anyone wants to come chill (y'all need to bring a set-up if ya wanna play smash, I won't be able to bring one, not even a controller :[ )

Preferably I'd like someone to bring me back to my apt and bring me back to dibzz some time before 11 but yeah, if not we can just chill at dibbz. lol

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Lol, and he looks extremely similar to TvC's Zero in playstyle, with some actual fixes (like being able to use that laser rain in combos). How fun. :D

Avery

Smash Cadet
Idk what your ride situations like, but theres myself and jackets on the westbank who love playing melee. We dont get to play people besides each other and our one friend often so Im sure we could plan something :D

Top Bottom