• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Okami is a port of an old ps2 game, but the point is that even with those games in mind there are still WAYYYYYY more quality ps3/xbox games in comparison to the Wii, this includes the non-mainstream games you are talking about. The simple fact of the matter is that the Wii does not have anything makes it better than the other two gaming systems. Most of the better Wii games hardly use the motion sensor that the Wii seems to pride itself on.

Also I totally disagree with your M-Rating comment. While it is true that people buy many m-rated games these days, I think it is totally inaccurate to state that people are LOOKING for m-rated games. There are many popular games series that do quite well that are not m-rated.
Pretty much all the "quality" games on the ps3/xbox follow the same ridiculous pattern. Either it's a primarily online shooter, or it's some game focused around killing everything. In most of the "quality" xbox/ps3 games the subject matter is incredibly shallow and the gameplay is monotonous. That's why I'm not interested in games like Assassin's Creed. I'm sure it has soem substance in the story line, but in the end it tries to fill the void using the "cool" factor of being an assassin, which doesn't impress me.

The Wii's "quality" games seem so few because Nintendo doesn't milk modern gamer's need for instant gratification (and because the online sucks.) The good Wii games are actually distinguishable from one another for having drastically different purposes, subject matter, and gameplay, but when it comes to the other systems it's pretty much "shoot/kill," it gets boring.

Also, the wii uses its motion sensor mostly for the family-type games like wii sports. Whenever they try it in a large title people complain like hell. Other M has incredibly well functioning motion control (for anyone who's not a ******) yet people loathe it. Skyward Sword will probably be the first major title to incorporate motion sensors on a large scale and do it well. Besides, some games just aren't meant for motion sensor, it's a stretch to expect them to incorporate it in a game even when it's a bad idea.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
^^^ that, although I disagree about assassins creed, as that's one of the Modern games i really like, particularly due to the gameplay having its own unique feel that no other games have (even if AC2 messed with a lot the better aspects of AC1 too much for my comfort, it still added plenty to fix the problems of AC1, but im getting off topic)

I don't think raising the D-pad on the 360 will make it much more responsive, I could be wrong, but until i see that its actually goes in the direction i push it, i stand by my statement. And anyways, you notice how that controller doesn't have colored buttons, a lot of people recognize the button by color first and it shows the colors in the games. it might be nit picking but I think its silly that they went monochrome.

also: I wasn't aware that braid was on PSN, so sue me.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I don't think raising the D-pad will make it more responsive, I could be wrong, but until i see that its actually goes in the direction i push it, i stand by my statement. And anyways, you notice how that controller doesn't have colored buttons, a lot of people recognize the button by color first and it shows the colors in the games. it might be nit picking but I think its silly that they went monochrome.

also: I wasn't aware that braid was on PSN, so sue me.
the only people who will be using the new controllers are those who:
a) like the monochrome
b and more likely) play games that require the d-pad enough to buy a controller with a better one.

those guys wont need to look at the controller for the buttons, lol.

the new d-pad will have only 4 directions, so accidentally pushing a different direction wont happen any more.

am i understanding your problem correctly?

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Hyro, very nice. For some reason I read that with Lil Wayne's voice...

So I randomly got Saturday off without asking off of work, so I'm going to LOST! Dicey, I can bring you, hit me up with your address and phone number.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744

So I randomly got Saturday off without asking off of work, so I'm going to LOST! Dicey, I can bring you, hit me up with your address and phone number.
awwrightttttt now i get to beat a PR player!!!1

oh, btw, turbosox, you can have your hat back.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Noobs I could go on and name more non-shooter/all-killing games for the 360/PS3, but too lazy.
Truth

Wish I was so lucky...

Good **** john, punchline flow crazy

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Mura, there are plenty of games that don't rely on killing and stuff that are still amazing on both ps3 and 360.

Super meat boy is actually a quite amazing platformer that pays homage to many old nes and sega games. Then there's the gundemonium games and triggerheart excelica on ps3 and 360 respectively. Both are absolutely amazing bullet hell games that didn't get much attention.

Hmmm, what else? That's all I can really think of off the top of my head at the moment, but I'm definitely gonna be back to list all that I can. You just wait.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Hey guys, anyone with a Wii with replays of me, I need to get in touch with you so I can have them and record them and upload them. I never found my SD card, so I'm just using my bro's.

Ran and Jio come to mind. Anyone else, like from BR, or Curlz?

Curlz

Smash Lord
Bored. Savon for you lol

High-ro.
Bi? No.
It’s straight bitches all day
cuz no I’m not gay
that’s just how I play
campy, aka
throw shit, stay away,
kanye, runaway,
all day everyday…
Fear, son…that’s why you put me on your hitlist..
but your poo. and you aint even on my shitlist..
its toon link, kid tricks,
some might call em gimmicks,
returning boomerang into this motherfuckin big dick…
yeah…we call that shit ****
surge of creativity…when I hit the vape,
one bomb in the air, one bomb on the ground,
slide it to you with dair, now your trapped - bound.
You can try and win,
but you can’t even scope this,
your like Razer with a gamecube controller – ya hopeless
They said I ***** yo ass so hard that I gave you constipation,
I said man that wasn’t ****, but it WAS insemination,
like a sexual relation without any lubrication,
Willy Wonka muthafucka just use your imagination
Bish, don't you even try.
You're nothing but a mid-tier.
Without your spamming items
You're caught in the headlights; like a deer.
Everything you do
Can be neglected by a fox shine.
Throw your bombs, shoot them arrows
This is coming from the guy who hates items.
Where will you counterpick?
Is it Final Destination?
You can't lose to a Samus
If you wanna be the best in the nation.
Dark Toon Link. Lawl!
It looks like a silhouette!
Pick up a top tier.
MK is no roulette.
Be like the best.
Sit in my champion seat.
I just fucked this song
It completes my victory; you're defeat.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Ok, there's also Limbo, which is another amazing platformer/puzzle game. Sure, you could die absolutely terrible deaths, but that's not what made the game so god **** amazing. It was the dark environment and eerie tone that made the game such a great play.

There's also castle crashers and the Scott pilgrim game(which is one that DID get alot of hype). Those are both incredibly fun beat em ups that don't rely on mindless killing, but rather fun gameplay, awesome design and some very great humor.

Also, what about Snoopy Flying Ace? It was like playing Crimson Skies all over again. :o Such amazing gameplay and super awesome multiplayer.

Geometry Wars 1 AND 2 are both superb titles, granted they get pretty hard and frustrating(like a boner) when you're going for those super high scores, you can still lose many hours in.

I know most of what I mentioned has been XBLA titles or PSN titles, but honestly that's what I play the most, it seems. I don't actually own any disc based games(due to my recent streak of being completely broke for 2 months).

Disc based games:

I can't really name that many right now off the top of the dome, but I'll list a few.

There's Tekken 6(amazing) SF4 and SSF4(pretty awesome), and Blazblue CS and CT(almost as good as tekken) for your fighting games, not to mention the KoF games(on XBLA) which just recently went up and MVC2.

Also, while it's true alot of the games people play on their consoles are shooters with lots of, I guess, immoral things in them, that doesn't mean that all of those games are absolutely bad. MW2 is terrible, I feel very strongly about this. But Red Dead Redemption was a great play. As was Both Gears games. Also MGS4 was a cool movie to play(yes I meant to put movie... the game was a fucking movie).

There's also the Orange Box. All THREE Skate. games were fun(I thought so at least). Also, both F.E.A.R. games were pretty **** legit, too. The first being the best, but that's besides the point.

I've been thinking mostly 360 up until now, but on PS3 there's LBP which has absolutely NO horrendous violence and is easily one of the best games ever made.

More later. I'm tired now.

Sudai

Stuff here
Everything you do
Is it Final Destination?
Dark Toon Link. Lawl!
Pick up a top tier.
MK is no roulette.
Be like the best.
Sit in my champion seat.
I just fucked this song
You lack rythm and flow.
This haiku is better than you.
Fifth line don't count!

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Everything you do
Is it Final Destination?
Dark Toon Link. Lawl!
Pick up a top tier.
MK is no roulette.
Be like the best.
Sit in my champion seat.
I just fucked this song
Not only did you randomly rhyme and not rhyme, but then this? GOD DAMMIT.

I am still reading Hyro's over and over. Insert a random celebrity's name for a rhyme, and you have Drake, but better.

"slide it to you with dair, now your trapped - bound." Love it.

Anyone else need a ride to LOST?

D

Deleted member

youre all gay. ****** about smash. a new level of lame. in other news, im signing the paper work to buy a house tomorrow. praise me for my awesome.

Curlz

Smash Lord
You guys are literally only trolling because its me. -.-

JNig, A, B, C, B rhyme scheme says hello. I'll admit my typo, but still. Its whatever.

Hyro

Smash Lord
youre all gay. ****** about smash. a new level of lame. in other news, im signing the paper work to buy a house tomorrow. praise me for my awesome.
well it's pretty appropriate for smashboards...it's not like if i was rapping anywhere else it'd be about toon link lol.

Not only did you randomly rhyme and not rhyme, but then this? GOD DAMMIT.

I am still reading Hyro's over and over. Insert a random celebrity's name for a rhyme, and you have Drake, but better.

"slide it to you with dair, now your trapped - bound." Love it.

Anyone else need a ride to LOST?
lmfao @ the edit reason, i dont know how i noticed that.

but yeah, I love doing that kinda ****...i should really try it high one day. and i wish i knew of anyway to record or ****ing try this for real ya know? ...or major in music anything...w/e lol

Curlz

Smash Lord
but yeah, I love doing that kinda ****...i should really try it high one day. and i wish i knew of anyway to record or ****ing try this for real ya know? ...or major in music anything...w/e lol
I still need to show you how to do all that kind of stuff. You and I could do a song together one day if you want. Lol.

or I could just produce a beat for you to rap on for fun as well.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I still need to show you how to do all that kind of stuff. You and I could do a song together one day if you want. Lol.

or I could just produce a beat for you to rap on for fun as well.
Well I'm sure i could find instrumentals and ****...i just don't understand how to record a voice with perfect quality like they do for songs...

and then even if i could do that...i woudln't know how to overlap the voice on the sound...haha

Curlz

Smash Lord
Well I'm sure i could find instrumentals and ****...i just don't understand how to record a voice with perfect quality like they do for songs...

and then even if i could do that...i woudln't know how to overlap the voice on the sound...haha
I'll teach you this weekend if you come to lafayette. We could even record at LOST if you want. xD

But if you want to start writing, I'll send you a beat.

Edit: Recording does not take long at all. We could literally record in between matches. Lol.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
You guys are literally only trolling because its me. -.-

JNig, A, B, C, B rhyme scheme says hello. I'll admit my typo, but still. Its whatever.
That's only profound when reading stuff and sounds like **** when spoken.

auto-tune. It doesn't always have to sound like T-Pain. That plus a proper noise canceling sound booth.

'V'

Smash Lord
ATTENTION METAIRIE AND N.O. PEOPLE!!!

GO TO DIBBZ TONIGHT!!!

I will be in town taking my friend to the airport, and I plan on sticking around for a little while. I haven't played for a few months, but I'd like to play for a bit.

'V'

Smash Lord
I'd say around 7. I'm bringing Melee with me. Not bringing a TV though I'm sure there'll be a monitor open. I might bring Eric and Sudai seeing as how they won't have a car until 10. I'll call them.

Savon

Smash Ace
Ok Hyro. You wanna come to me talking all that ****. Lets get it..

Just so you know John, when I kick your ***, no Johns.

I might main Snake but son you main the Anaconda,
I guess it runs in family and you got it from ya mama.
When it comes to this rap game there really is no other,
I'm hittin up ya b*tches, call a super SMASH brother.
You main Toon Link cause you're so childish and kiddy,
Bust a nut in face last stock- Complements of Diddy.
Snake explosive game 1 shot with the bazooka,
I'll put a shell in your back and make you look like a Koopa.
You say ya not bi, but you do weird sh*t at them parties
I'll utilt kick you to the Superbowl like Garrett Hartley.
You can call me Waka cause I'll go hard in the paint,
But I always sandbag cause i gotta show restraint.
I bring you Havok, I'm not your friend or your Ally,
You win small change at NOM, I've my own cash supply,
You're up sh*ts creek and your boat is like the titanic
Slit ya throat with my Razor and dump the body in the Atlantic.
When you brawl with me son, for you its an instant loss,
Cause when you step in my game you will never beat this Big Boss.
When I'm done you'll be seeing lights
thinkin ya bout to go heaven,
but if you think I'm talking out of my ***,
MM me at NOM VII.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Ok Hyro. You wanna come to me talking all that ****. Lets get it..

Just so you know John, when I kick your ***, no Johns.

I might main Snake but son you main the Anaconda,
I guess it runs in family and you got it from ya mama.
When it comes to this rap game there really is no other,
I'm hittin up ya b*tches, call a super SMASH brother.
You main Toon Link cause you're so childish and kiddy,
I'll put a shell in your back and make you look like a Koopa.
You say ya not bi, but you do weird sh*t at them parties
I'll utilt kick you to the Superbowl like Garrett Hartley.
You can call me Waka cause I'll go hard in the paint,
But I always sandbag cause i gotta show restraint.
I bring you Havok, I'm not your friend or your Ally,
You win small change at NOM, I've my own cash supply,
You're up sh*ts creek and your boat is like the titanic
Slit ya throat with my Razor and dump the body in the Atlantic.
When you brawl with me son, for you its an instant loss,
Cause when you step in my game you will never beat this Big Boss.
When I'm done you'll be seeing lights
thinkin ya bout to go heaven,
but if you think I'm talking out of my ***,
MM me at NOM VII.
Wow hahaha best part

"You main Toon Link cause you're so childish and kiddy,
I'll put a shell in your back and make you look like a Koopa."

Good ****

anyways, I added more lyrics and a beat to that song...i really do wanna record this if i can make it to lost lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj-Ky94mj4A&feature=related

0:07 secs
High-ro.
Bi? No.
straight bitches all day
cuz no I’m not gay
that’s just how I play
campy, aka
throw shit, stay away,
kanye, runaway,
all day everyday…yeah
*random shit*

0:29
Fear, son…that’s why you put me on your hitlist..
but your poo. and you aint even on my shitlist..
it’s toon link, kid tricks,
some might call em gimmicks,
returning boomerang into this motherfuckin big dick…
yeah…we call that shit ****
surge of creativity…when I hit the vape,
one bomb in the air, one bomb on the ground,
slide it to you with dair, now your trapped - bound.
You can try and win,
but you can’t even scope this,
like Razer with a gamecube controller – ya hopeless
Said I ***** yo ass so hard that I gave you constipation,
I said man that wasn’t ****, but it WAS insemination,
like a sexual relation without any lubrication,
Willy Wonka muthafucka just use your imagination
Projectile decoration up on final destination
Flow always on time like a fucking menstruation

1:13
EUUUUGHHHH that’s nasty
I time you out, nobody can outlast me
If you can’t take the heat, then go home lassie,
I’m turning up the beat, now it’s maximum blast see?
My ears start to ring, my thoughts get less shallow,
I can’t hear a thing, Does Everyone Hate Falco?
Cuz he gays you like the pope would in the vatican palace,
Like MLG did M2K up at MLG Dallas…

1:36
Damn…that shit was callus…
But forget about that, get your head out Uranus (pronounce it so it rhymes)
Get lost in the beauty, aurora borealis
Get lost in your mind it’s wonderland and you’re alice
Sure ally beat me but he lost to mikehaze,
So I’m better cuz I beat mike without even tryin,
Inui logic, it’s the truth so stop cryin,
cept I heard he would punch you if he finds out your lyin..
yeah that’s a fact
yeah boii, lil shaq :yeahboi:
mulititask
sittin back
sippin jack
while I’m chillin on my mac
while I’m playin blackjack
while I’m spittin on that smashville track

2:09
I deserve a bone
knick knack, pattywhack
Never catch me anywhere without my fuckin backpack,
Always got a bomb in hand, always ready to attack,
But I’ll never approach. What the fuck is that?
*chatter (like wtf is an approach lol)*

Top Bottom