• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

VVB

SD Champ
Spring Break is 2 weeks from now (April 5 - 15...for us). eet, are you talking about Bake's tourney? If so, its on hold for now :dizzy:. I'm sure he will come to a conclution of whats gonna happen by the end of this week.

@ Ice - Lafayette is down. Bring it.

And for those who are going rep La at INN5, good luck. I'm sure you'll put us on the map.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
Good words icy, good words, im glad youre finally gonna play smash again, also today is wed. that means there are 2 more days left until we go to tennessee, i think we should get some games in before we leave, anyone want to play?

Sudai

Stuff here
I can play tomorrow. A friend's been dying to come over and he's coming today. Hell, if you could get a ride, I could possibly talk my mom into letting you come over, Freddy.

Icy, I'll play you any time aside from spring break as I'll be on a cruise~ :x

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
sweet. i switched with another manager tomorrow so i work 8-4 pm so ill be free any time after about 4:30 if anyone wants to come over. i want to get in some serious last minute craming before the tournament. we could also be *******s and go tomorrow night instead of friday morning if we wanted to catch teams or w/e. we have to pay the same cover no matter what so it might be fun but w/e yall want to do. but either way mary, freddy, kyle, and boss should head over here when ever convenient and yall can sleep here and we can leave friday morning or leave tomorrow night or what ever.
ggs everyone, wish br luck.

Kmartfetus

Smash Rookie
I'm not going to the big-boy tourny, but i'll gladly come by your place after work thursday night taylor.
with an optional small tv and cube, of course.

Kmartfetus

Smash Rookie
oh, and yea.
kmart = phil.

and yea, i second some kind of spring break tourny EET.
we could have 2 for each respective break Neo.
:)

UncleDee443

Smash Rookie
Has anyone heard of a smash tournament in Broussard L.A. at the play-n-trade on good Friday? I doubt most of ya'll would waste your time with this but was hoping meet some good players there so i could see what its like playing other good people besides my friends. If anyone lives around new iberia maybe we could play a game some time.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
KYLE! okay look bring the free-loader to taylor's place tomorrow when you go!

if you forget i wont have anything to do when i lose :[

for naruto that is :D

VVB

SD Champ
I am actually from Lafayette. Dee, if you feel like playing this weekend, PM me or something. We are always looking for someone around the area to smash with.

So play n trade is having that tourney on friday, huh? We were actually the ones who requested for a tourney the first time we went there and saw the tourney request form. Do you have any other info on it? I'll show my face if i'm free.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Smash at Taylor's tonight? I thought y'all were leaving. Guess not. Where the hell is your place again, Taylor? I've been there before, but I don't remember where exactly it was. If an address is too personal, PM me.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
my address isnt personal; however idk if we're actually having a smashfest. bossman doesnt get off work till like 9:30 and i havent contacted mary or kyle, nyte is in qutar or something, and freddy probably doesnt have a ride. also bossman got a flat tire so i have to pick him up tonight, but my address is 330 ingleside drive baton rouge, la apt. 307. i may not be back till like 9:45 tho i have to find out what mary wants to do about leaving in the morning. aparentlly they dont open the doors until 2 p.m. anyway so we could probably leave at 8:00 am and still make teams. itd be awesome if mary wanted to stay at my house with boss and everyone else but if not we could all just meet at his place at 8. mary what sounds best to u? my number is 225-892-4778 so give me a call sometime tonight.

i made battle rouge lol

Kalzar

Smash Cadet
lol i hate beening in school I WANNA GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

and jesus made battle rouge i saw him :D

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
yo taylor, when you go to pick up boss for work, would you want to also pick me up? i live like.. right next to the mall

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Where in the world is Elvis Sandiego?

I have a maid here named Akbah and there is barely any stop lights. Some people dress in those...muslim dress...Let me find a pic.

Bbl gotta go grocery shopping :p

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
lmao at elvis. what an update. be sure to keep us posted.
i also like how in his world map pic the whole country has a box around it lol.

so la got pwnd and br got pwnt even harder. none of br made it out of pools; i had plank and big d (sheik and falco; respectivly) who were 100% more skilled than me, i lost to a guy named bird who i def. shouldnt have lost to, and i just am unable to preform at my top level in tournaments. this is most unfortunate and brings me to a stand still. should i give up and quit after playing like more than 2000 hours, or should i main fox and put in many more hours of playing a silly game. input?

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Wtf Pokemonz? Lol. Dragonyte And Omaspyke.

Doha Update 2.
Time 12:39pm (aka Anyone from LA shouldnt be awake yet)

So I went to the Al Corniche yesterday which is a road that borders the Persian Gulf. The water is EXTREMELY blueish green. Sorta creepy but exilarating, Ill post pictures soon.

I went to the City Center (the mall) and it has 4 floors with Escalating conveyer belts O_O

AND I SAW THIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWmV4O3Nia0

Spiffy.

Today Im going back to the Corniche so I can take pictures of the Sea and try to get an evening shot of the city across the bay.

This pokemon music makes it relaxing to type :p

I took pictures of my flight...I know Im not supposed to take pictures on the plane but I couldn't resist.

-74? WTF?!

Nyte spiking all over the world.

En route to Doha.

I'll post more pics late. Bai! (Pokemon music is awesomez)

Mary

Smash Rookie
there was some insane skill at the tourney. i think we could have done better, it doesnt bother me much. does anyone know who won.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ite so i think there was 95-ish people(maybe 90..maybe 100+)
and john got 32nd-ish, i got 16-ish, and i think lee got 8-ish.
i can't be sure though..but
john lost immediately in both winners and losers bracket
i lost in winner, won in losers, than lost in losers
and lee lost, won, won, lost, i think

i first fought Chad, best ganon in the tourney, and it was last stock high damage on Stadium, and i ****ed up my edgeguard and he came back and KOed me. So i counterpicked Corneria, where i was ****** until i glitch-fell through the level with a fresh stock..so there went that match.
then i beat some guy, who didn't deserve to be in the 32-man bracket, then lost to a Smeesh, a really good capt player.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Go LA. Seeing as how we're far away from pretty much every major smash capital (Austin maybe being the closest?) while the majority of the good competition is mired with good players, I'd say LA did a lot better than most people expected. Especially since most of the players are all home grown and haven't been to the sort of major events that every other state towards the east gets easy/ier access to.

So go LA, and congrats especially to Cyphus, Lee, and John.

And on a similar note about success, guess who got 4th place at Math Bowl at Mu Alpha Theta >_________>

*go math nerds*

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
oh my goodness me and paul agree, more nyte time videos please. kind of like ovalteen.

so i feel if i was playing how i actually play i would have made it too the bracket but i dont know how to make myself not nervous and have a steady game. any suggestions?

Entreri

Smash Cadet
So, I'm in Metairie for Spring Break and totally want to play even more smash, so I'm going to give out the traditional "Yo Sars, we totally have to get together at Dibz."

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys.. I just got word from Stephen on Saturday. Gameware's going to host a Naruto 4 tourney in a month!! That's right, Naruto 4!! So get those freeloaders and action replays ready, cuz it's gonna be on!! I'll keep you guys posted on more details later.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
WHHHHIOOOOOOOOO

Count me in voughn, that will be awesome. also, im thinking about quitting smoking... because this morning when i woke up i like did what i alsways do " pissed, then hocked a loogie?" but like i hocked up blood :[ anyway, i wanna play naruto 4 today, so like if anyone has a free loader and the game or something.. give me a call.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
ite so i think there was 95-ish people(maybe 90..maybe 100+)
and john got 32nd-ish, i got 16-ish, and i think lee got 8-ish.
i can't be sure though..but
john lost immediately in both winners and losers bracket
i lost in winner, won in losers, than lost in losers
and lee lost, won, won, lost, i think
There were sixteen brackets of at least six, so that's 96. My bracket had seven though, and some of the others might have as well, so it was probably around 100.

i first fought Chad, best ganon in the tourney, and it was last stock high damage on Stadium, and i ****ed up my edgeguard and he came back and KOed me. So i counterpicked Corneria, where i was ****** until i glitch-fell through the level with a fresh stock..so there went that match.
then i beat some guy, who didn't deserve to be in the 32-man bracket, then lost to a Smeesh, a really good capt player.
That really sucks about Corneria. I'd think they would redo a match for something as rare and random as that. Does anyone know what causes that glitch? I've only seen it one time before.

Oh and if you don't remember me I was the guy at Pizza Inn discussing Ice Climbers with you at the crack of dawn.

Was your group from Baton Rouge or New Orleans? My brother lives in NO and if you have biweeklies I may come down sometime. New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Memphis are my closest biweeklies at ~3 hours each. :(

RAM

Smash Lord
112 participants were in singles. some pools had 8 ppl like mine which made it really hard to claim the top 3 to advance to the next round of pools, luckily I claimed the
2nd seed. hey Cyphus Props go to you for being a fellow Mid/Low Tier to make it to the brackets.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
So sudai is comming over to smash for a bit, if anyone else wants to come over just like come over.. lol

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
actually i had a change of heart, Sudai.
i used no falco. I used all doc...minus 2 occasions where i used an unwobbling IceClimbers. Once where it allowed me to beat Plank a round(who got 9th place), and another time where it got molested by RAMs luigi on DL64(NO CLUE WHY I DID THAT)

all the tourney brackets and info is available now...
http://www.lbpolymusic.com/tio/tournament.aspx?id=112

me and John got 17th
lee got 13th

there were 116 entrants

Entreri

Smash Cadet
Congrats to Cyphus and John for getting 17th, and way to go Lee for 13th. Nice to know we've got some really good players around to kick our *****.

Top Bottom