• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Could someone explain the Team Builder to me please? The reasoning and how it works.

And also, our MLG passes aren't going to have our screen names from MLGpro.com are they? I used my old old screen name to buy the pass.

Edit:

PLEASE tell me there is a way to change our name on the Team Builder. I DO NOT want to be signed up for MLG as my scenie weenie name from 8th grade (jareddjuvenile). I have to change it! >.<

Curlz

Smash Lord

Sudai

Stuff here
purple thing is Pidgin (better version of Trillian), thing below torrent is calculator, thing below that is task manager. I use chrome for normal surfing, FF for browser games. lol

Edit:

New Professor in Pokemon: What's your name?
Me: Sudai
Prof: Ok, well now I'll introduce you to your friends! Well, I guess you already know them..but yeah..

Curlz

Smash Lord
Okay so everyone who has registered for MLG should lemme know so we can get rooms sorted out. I hate last minute ****. So far we have:

Jio
Lee
John
jareddjuvenile
**** you. -.-

I submitted a ticket to see if I could get a name change to my other account on mlgpro.com, hopefully that'll pull through. Curlz was already taken, weirdly enough, so I got the name TheCurlz (Hollywood Undead reference). Maybe that'll work out. :p

Look what I'm playing. You jelly? :D

"Press Start Button"

English Patch? Link me please.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
So I'm taking another poop at work. It's taco bells fault this time........ Wait it was yesterday too LOL

So like... What if we started counterpicking moves? Like if you get 3-stocked you can ban one of the other person's moves and be like, everytime they use the move you ban they have to give up a stock or pay you $2. like that way we could ban tornado spamming, laser spamming, chain grabs (ban dthrow)...

Ok back to work. Sudai I might get you to hook me up with some blizack later... :3

Gnes

Smash Master
This is what I'm wondering..

Curlz, I don't think you can change your name bc Gnes had to enter mlg Columbus as L-storm or something like that lmao. *waits for namesearch*
Lmao yes u can change it but u need to email someone about it WELL in advance. They had already made the bracket when i tried so i was screwed. It's all good L-storm ***** his first and last mlg :(

ChKn

Smash Ace
So I'm taking another poop at work. It's taco bells fault this time........ Wait it was yesterday too LOL

So like... What if we started counterpicking moves? Like if you get 3-stocked you can ban one of the other person's moves and be like, everytime they use the move you ban they have to give up a stock or pay you $2. like that way we could ban tornado spamming, laser spamming, chain grabs (ban dthrow)...

Ok back to work. Sudai I might get you to hook me up with some blizack later... :3
K someone bans my Marth's fair. ****.

I submitted a ticket to see if I could get a name change to my other account on mlgpro.com, hopefully that'll pull through. Curlz was already taken, weirdly enough, so I got the name TheCurlz (Hollywood Undead reference). Maybe that'll work out.
Thuendoftime

I haven't taken a **** in more than 24 hours. My stomach is swelling up bad.

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
K someone bans my Marth's fair. ****.

Thuendoftime

I haven't taken a **** in more than 24 hours. My stomach is swelling up bad.
Ok basic amendment:

Can only ban b moves and certain throws. Also cannot ban up+b for obvious reasons.

pickle962

Smash Lord

Nik? What did I tell you about eating at Taco Bell?

Curlz

Smash Lord
People for MLG:

Curlz
Devyn (Curlz's Friend)
Hyro
^Jiovanni
JNig
Lee
^Ran

^ Denotes possible carpool.

This was basically the initial list minus BSL, Everett, and Nitez. BSL can't go and I haven't heard anything about Everett and Nitez being able to go. How should we split the carpools and rooms? Carpools will be 6 people with rooms being 7. (as of now)

ChKn

Smash Ace
^^lol saw that on Kotaku.

Yankees win!! Da Yankees Win! Repeat this year baby.

And we got a new shindig, but I'll let Curlz tell u guys about it.

Curlz

Smash Lord
ChKn and I found a new, possibly permanent, venue in Lafayette for the Lost Series. Its on the UL Campus and its in the Engineering Club Room. ChKn is part of the club and whenever the organizers mentioned something about a fundraiser he was all about throwing a Brawl Tournament there.

We both went to a meeting today about booking the room as a tournament room on Saturdays and they hastily agreed. All we'd have to do is pay a $3 venue fee to give to them as the "fundraiser" and then we get the room from 5pm - 10pm. Not only that, we're able to give out cash prizes. Its not part of a business and ChKn and I are running it and not getting paid, the club is only hosting us with the room.

Now about the room; it comes with 2 working TVs already as well as couches, chairs, tables, plenty of outlets, and enough room to walk around. There are soda machines in the room for only 50 cents/can. We could also order pizza through out the day if people get hungry.

The club also said that they would advertise around the ENTIRE UL campus for us, so expect plenty of new locals to play.

I, however, don't want to end tournaments at Play N Trade just yet, so I want to have a tournament in November at the new venue to test out the waters and to see what you guys think. Does this all sound good to everyone?

ChKn

Smash Ace
Trying to find parking sucks. That's just about it.

If any of you guys went to Anime and Games in Lafayette, the backroom that ANG has is as big as the room we got, so it's pretty roomy.

We can still milk out tournaments at PnT regardless.

There's a ping pong table there as well. =D

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
$3 venue per person? Or per tournament?

Just read the link. Sounds like a good idea. The only thing is that SOOO MUCH STUFF would change. "combos" and all that. But I'd like to try it out for a tourney or two.

ChKn

Smash Ace
I really haven't played under those settings. We'll just have to take a wait and see approach like we always do(success from it? idc).

@BSL: 3 dollar venue/ 5 dollar entry.

Top Bottom