• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lonely Island Mafia- Town Wins!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
And a traitor claim is pretty silly of you. Depending on Mac's flip, I still find you suspicious. Why would I send them after you if Mac flips innocent? The way I see it, if Mac is innocent, you're mafia or a lyncher. As a traitor I gain little from either pursuit.
Oh yeah? And what if I'm a TRACKER. Do you even recognize the problem when what you said about a knee-jerk lynch? I know you do, because you advise openly against it in Samuel L Jackson mafia. Do you not recognize, especially considering other people openly have, why I kept my claim ambiguous as either a tracker/cop/ or watcher claim?

Hey Macman, respond to this: who did you visit last night? Who did you punch? Because I've pointed out that I *know* you went to Marshy.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
My point is that you have more anti-town behavior than I do. All I've done is not be a sheep.
So let me get this straight... You're not being a sheep by voting for the tracker claim you're suspicious of's potential mafia, just because you say you would want to lynch him if said potential flips town which is always a possible downside to the tracker role? I just don't see how you aren't being a sheep when you're voting with Tom anyway...

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Because I don't trust Macman, either. I feel his defences haven't held up to scrutiny.

I see this game as a balance of priorities. I have people I suspect most to least, and people whom I see a gain in information from their lynch from most to least.

Plus it's just smart play. Lord knows it'd be completely unacceptable if Mac flips scum and I was the only player that hadn't voted for him.

What makes me "not a sheep" is that I had the stones to question Tom's claim initially, and still do (less so, if that hasn't been clear thus far). As Macman said more and Tom revealed more, I became less questioning and the balance of probabilities favors lynching Macman.

Really now, going after me is a significant waste of time.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just wanted to see your response at the moment, seeing as you said you would be gunning for Tom tomorrow if Mac flips town, when it's always possible tracker can have a "guilty" on a town pr. Honestly I see that as weak reasoning to gun for Tom tomorrow, even including the reasons I was questioning him outside of the claim.(and remember, this is coming from someone who severely questioned his claim earlier in the day)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
You're right in assuming I thought about the possibility that I was outing a town power role when I claimed by results, because the odds are still greatly in my favor that I'm not misinterpreting anything. I am a tracker, and I tracked you last night to Marshy. Marshy died. While there is a jump in the information, as I'm not told you *killed* Marshy, the situation plays itself out like this:

Macman was tracked to Marshy. Would he be tracked to Marshy if he killed him? Yes.

Macman was tracked to Marshy. Would he be tracked to Marshy if he didn't kill him? Only if he was a town PR who chose Marshy at the same time that the killer(s) chose him.

So you see, if there are 3 mafia that can be tracked to the kill, and one PR who happens to target the same person that night, then I still have 75% odds that my result is mafia.
Why would you think that 3 mafia can be targeted to the kill? Usually it is only one person from mafia that makes the kill and only they should can be tracked/roleblocked for the kill. And I guess you are assuming there are only 3 mafia?

lol @ my being 'manipulative' for calling 6.5 days 7 when you called 6.5 days 1.5
You said I was 'severely inactive' when I hadn't posted for 3 days. Also I never called it 1/5 days, i said not posting for 1.5 days doesn't seem inactive to me. Which is a very valid statement given that the day started 1.5 days ago.

Well I don't have enough time to make a huge post, but I'll try to get my thoughts out there:

Macman seems to be acting really scummy. Between the 1.5 days, the waiting til everyone is suspicious of him, and "I wasn't suspicious day 1" stuff, along with him trying to discredit Tom and the really strange role, I'm more than comfortable with voting on him now. Vote: Macman

Be back later with more maybe
When did I try to discredit Tom, and isn't that what you are supposed to do? I can't control what role is given to me. The 1.5 days argument is pretty much bull****. Tom just spun it in a way that made me seem scummy.

Ok, after Macman's claim and having read Tom's explanation of why he was so vague+him actually claiming a specific role, I am sold on a Macman lynch. I agree we shouldn't do so now, but hold off a bit to keep discussion going.

The way Mac describes his role definitely helps this. He claims it only takes effect if he targets someone who is committing a kill. Now, that says 3 main things to me.

1. If this is really his role, and it is as he described, he is essentially an investigative doctor. With a tracker, and likely as Tom said, a watcher at the very least, this seems like a very strange role as he would be able to actually tell almost infallibly(minus hitting a shooting vig) that someone was an anti town role. It may be the case, but it's essentially a protective investigative vote-blocking role, which seems overpowered.
2. If it only takes effect on someone committing a kill, going from the flavor(I know, risky) it definitely took effect, and Marshy was a vanilla townie. Something doesn't add up.
3. This kind of role seems strange for the town anyway. A vote blocking role like this could potentially end the game a day early.(If there's a vig, let's say it's down to 4 townies, 2 scum. Vig shoots and is hit by the ability. Another person is killed. The votes are now 2-2 due to the effect, making it impossible for town to lynch when they absolutely have to, AND revealing the role of the vig so they can be shot avoiding their shot going through.)
I would only be able to tell who the SK is and who the person killing for Mafia is. And I doubt my action caused Marshy's kill seeing as how Marshy was the only person killed yesterday.

Hey Macman, respond to this: who did you visit last night? Who did you punch? Because I've pointed out that I *know* you went to Marshy.
I thought I made it clear that I targeted Marshy.

Anyways, I thought I'd give my opinions on who I find scummy since I am going to die soon.

I pretty much agree with A6Mzero for some reason. I think pythag, KevinM and Ronike are mafia. I might write up a longer post about it, but not right now since I'm not in the mood too.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am Andy from Andy Punches.
I punch people just before they eat. Not only does it deprive them of food but it also gives them concussions.
I get to choose one person each night to punch and if they are targeting someone for a kill I stop the kill and cause them to lose their vote for the next day.
The punching matches the death flavor.

The description of the role is ambiguous. Who is "them"? The killer, or the person you protected? Also, if you're punching the killer, doesn't it make sense for the KILLER to be unable to vote, in which case, your role could almost double as a cops role? I want a fully fleshed out description of this role from Macman, and I don't want ANYONE to assist him or give him ideas. The exact nature of his role is crucial to discovering whether or not he is lying.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
If my target tried to kill someone, it negates the kill in addition to causing my target to lose their vote the next day.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Junglefever replaces Niiro.
Also, people have been prodded. Some have been prodded twice now. One more and you will be replaced or killed if I have no more (unless I find a huge objection to this.)

D2 Votes:
Macman: Tom, FF, Pythag, Ronike, Rockin, EE (6)

8 required to lynch. Deadline is supposed to be on the 23rd. However, I will be in attendance at Event 52 and will not be back till sometime on Monday the 25th. I doubt I will have much internet access. So I am shortening the deadline to Thursday the 22nd @ 11:59 PM. Hopefully this will open some eyes and increase some activity as well.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Anyways, I thought I'd give my opinions on who I find scummy since I am going to die soon.

I pretty much agree with A6Mzero for some reason. I think pythag, KevinM and Ronike are mafia. I might write up a longer post about it, but not right now since I'm not in the mood too.
Not that I enjoy lurking so much, but I just got prodded and this is the only relevant comment so far to my cause this game, that being to lynch KevinM first, after he's scum lynch Pythag, change my mind about Ronike and then have to re-read this mess of an ego-fest to figure out which of you is number 3.

Macman, I don't suppose you could try to find some words to describe why you feel they're scummy, I find it hard to get the right ones.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
IMPORTANT Edit to what I just said.

"to why you feel they're /scum/" is what it should say. They don't feel "scummy" in the traditional subjective tells that people like to toss around.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also A6 has the spam master gut going on.

And both of your plans are clearly terrible.

Lynch this guy, so if he turns up we lynch this guy, and if this guy flips we lynch this guy.

If one of these is wrong then well.. we uhh.. we uhh.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ok, mac, you said you were inactive for 1.5 days. You hadn't posted in 7 or whatever, so as much as you want to say otherwise, you weren't active for 7 days and lied and tried to make it seem less. You don't lie without a reason, and a big reason to lie about being inactive is because you are scum. So it is scummy, don't say its not.

Looking back, discredit was the wrong word (wow am I failing the english language recently...) I really meant you tried to get him to reveal his role, which would allow you to create a role based on the claim as others have said. I think I said discredit because the way you went about doing it, at least the way you seemed to do it in my eyes, was to pose a bunch of situations wherein Tom's claim would be false or really stupid, but I don't really know what I was thinking...

So... why are you suspicious of me? I don't even think A6 is suspicious of me like you said, though I could be wrong. I can't actually understand what he is saying anyways...

Regardless, my vote still stands on you. You've done nothing to alleviate your guilt in my eyes, and as others have pointed out, your role fits Marshy's death to the letter.

Oh, and just as a side note, I find the idea of me and Kev forced to cooperate as mafia mates extremely hilarious...

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Ok, mac, you said you were inactive for 1.5 days. You hadn't posted in 7 or whatever, so as much as you want to say otherwise, you weren't active for 7 days and lied and tried to make it seem less. You don't lie without a reason, and a big reason to lie about being inactive is because you are scum. So it is scummy, don't say its not.
Stop being ridiculous, the day had only started 1.5 days ago. I never lied. And there would have only been 3 days where even had the ability to post in which I did not seeing as how there was a night phase in between. I never heard of anyone counting inactivity through night phases. And even if you did it does not measure out to severe inactivity like Tom said. The fact that you are using this reason for the basis of your vote on me is incredibly ********. This actually reminds me of conversation I had with tom about reasoning and logic vs psychology and manipulation.

Looking back, discredit was the wrong word (wow am I failing the english language recently...) I really meant you tried to get him to reveal his role, which would allow you to create a role based on the claim as others have said. I think I said discredit because the way you went about doing it, at least the way you seemed to do it in my eyes, was to pose a bunch of situations wherein Tom's claim would be false or really stupid, but I don't really
know what I was thinking...
When did I ever try to make him reveal his role. And wtf is wrong with going through a bunch of possible situations. That's what you are supposed to do, try to figure out the motives behind why people did the things they did. Yet again another faulty reason for voting me.

So... why are you suspicious of me? I don't even think A6 is suspicious of me like you said, though I could be wrong. I can't actually understand what he is saying anyways...
I am not suspicious because of anything A6M said. I'll write up a post about it later when I feel like getting my thoughts together.

Regardless, my vote still stands on you. You've done nothing to alleviate your guilt in my eyes, and as others have pointed out, your role fits Marshy's death to the letter.
Good for you

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
A6M, you seem to only respond to things concerning you. Much other stuff have happened and I think everyone would like to hear your opinion on them.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
So yea this is why I think Ronike, Pythag and maybe KevinM are mafia. Though most of my reasons are shaky at best, so I wouldn’t really feel comfortable placing a vote or making an argument against any of them at this current point of time. But since I am about to be lynched I might as well get my opinions out there. Most of this is just things that I want to point out make a note of.

I'm fine with that

Giraffatitan

herbivore
Pythag responds to Tom’s question about name claiming. Originally for it.

For real, I actually dont want it to happen.
Flip flops a few posts late, after KevinM expresses that he isn’t for it

Well, I've already wasted too much time tonite with escape rather than my finals, but I feel I have been lurking in this thread for too long, so I felt I owed it to share some of thoughts.

First off, I apologize for being so inactive, but like I said, I have finals next week, of which I am not prepared for, along with a project that was due today and another due tomorrow. Plus, I'm having some personal problems, but hopefully those will end with the school year.

[Other stuff]

Fourth, on the subject of Tom, he seems to be playing strangely to say the least. I early mentioned that he only opposes no lynch when he is mafia. I really was kidding, but if you look back, you will notice that pattern a bit IIRC. Then again, its not much to go off of, just thought it was worth mentioning in a non-joking manner. Then he pushes for a mass name claim, which I will touch on after this. Then we have a post where he defends himself from KevinM with a picture and the words "unhelpful", which really goes against his normal style of... I dunno, actually defending himself! Sure, he had a playful banter going with Kev in HP, but still man, come on... For those reasons, I feel fairly comfortable with my vote on him. I don't want him lynched, and yet if I have to disappear for a while, and taking into account the inactivity of this game thusfar, I'd like to leave my vote somewhere, and this seems as good a place as any.

Next (I've lost count and I'm too lazy to scroll up), the mass name claim. I'm fairly against it. I admit I don't know much about TLI besides the three or four songs I've heard, but from the little I know and the feelings others have expressed, a name claim won't do us much good except to reveal possibly strong roles, such as samburg and the like. Now granted, in a game like this, the main names aren't necessarily all that important rolewise, but why take the chance. So again, I'd rather not, but I have nothing to hide.
What we can see from this post is Ronikes RL johns and his argument for leaving his vote on Tomothy.

He also is against the name claim. So Ronike, Pythag and KevinM are all against the name claim. Personally this makes me feel as though they aren’t mafia together because I know when I was mafia with ROW NIKEE we tried to make it so that we had some atleast one of us was against the nameclaim in dinomafia and atleast one of us for it. But nonetheless it is something to note.

vote tomatocat
I'll show you unhelpful.
Baby Jesus, you are not.
Pythag votes for Tom, knowing about the joke and also being the one to put him at -3.

Eh, w/e its a joke. So...
unvote: tom

As for my mistake, I did say I meant EE, but that doesnt make my point null. Plus I did say my reasoning was quite weak on the no lynch thing, but as far as I can remember, the games where you play as a mafia, you are against no lynch, but in HP you were for it. Its not a really big deal tho, so yeah.

At any rate, Im programming so I havent had much time to read carefully, which is why I got it wrong. 104 on the other hand had no reason to not read so far as I know, which is why I said it.

Well, hopefully Ill be back soon, definetely before the deadline (which I wasnt sure of before) so thats really why im taking my vote off.
Ronike unvotes quickly after Tom starts to respond, noting that is a joke. He however continues to push his argument even though he is no longer voting for Tom.

Look, I realize that most of us aren't really contributing much right now, but what do you expect with finals imminent? At any rate, I realize they aren't contributing to discussion, but neither is a giant red x and the word unhelpful. At least pulling johns out can later be called out for inactivity, doing what you are doing is impossible to call out like that because you'll just say its a joke/impersonation, and thats why I have a problem with the baby jesus thing. Well besides that its annoying. It just gives you a free pass to essentially lurk. But fine, if thats what this mafia game is going to devolve to, and that will be accepted as a contributing post, I guess I won't be inactive anymore.
Later Ronike makes the argument that Tom's behavior gives him a free pass to essentially lurk. Though a few posts earlier he said it was just a joke and was enough to convince himself to unvote for Tom. Though it is obvious he doesn't think it was "just a joke" if he made a post like this one. What it seems like here is that he just quickly moved away from a sinking ship, the Tom bandwagon, and gave a mediocre reason as to why he unvotes.

My vote stands.
It's also bull**** to turn my vote on you into an entire OMGUS argument. Because that is ALL you have, especially on D1.
You were the first to suggest a nameclaim, which will really give the mafia an advantage in this the theme. Since any mafia could potentially be any person from lonely island, there's no way a name cliam would help.
And you were the first person to be for it.
Pythag continues his argument and keeps his vote on Tom for seemingly shoddy reasons.

Because FoS doesn't really mean jack, again, especially on day 1.
EE you could say that. I don't really like how defensive he got either, and then immediately continued the BJ joke. That may be me being pissed at him as a person more than a scum tell, but I feel between his defensiveness, the name claim, and his push to get the discussion off of him, is good enough to warrant a d1 lynch. IMO
Continues

I really shouldn't be doing this... I really should be studying... GOD**** YOU SMASHBOARDS AND YOUR DISTRACTIONS!!!

Well at any rate, though I realize the last post wasnt directed at me, I do feel I ought to make some points:

First off, just because mafia could be anyone doesn't mean power roles could be anything. In given the choice between killing Debra from Like a Boss or Andy Samberg from... well anything TLI really, I think the mafia will probably opt for the latter, and they will have a much better chance of hitting power role. On the other hand, given that no one can actually think of a scumish TLI role, we don't gain any extra info on who to lynch! Thats why I'm against it.

Oh, and the BJ joke is not harmless. It may be harmless if used on inactives, like last time, but by using it like you did against EE, its far then harmless. And just think, what if KK decides he likes BJ jokes and when he comes on, thats what he posts?
Makes the exact same point as pythag regarding the nameclaim. Also gives his reasoning for why the BJ vote isn’t harmless which Tom said in his response to Pythag. So it seems as though he is coming to Pythags defense. I find it odd that he unvoted earlier noting that it was just a joke, but now that joke is actually harmful.

Oh, wow, I still have my vote on you Tom? Whoops...

unvote: tom Vote: Pythag

I don't get why he continues to go after you for BJ joke. I mean, I don't like it because I can see our mafia games spiraling downward because of it, but I don't think its scummish. And Toms right, being defensive isn't scummish, not when you have 5 votes, some of which are real and completely unbased.
Oh, ok. And, like I said in my post, it can be fairly harmless when someone smart uses it, but what if KK gets his hands on it? Plus, you used it to practically nullify EE's arguments, so theres a bit of harm.

Right after coming to Pythag's defense regarding the BJ thing he votes pythag even though they both seem to share the same views. Looks to me like D1 mafia voting for their scummate while continues shed a negative light on someone else. In this case Tom and his BJ crap.

And I say there is! In a game where you yourself are pushing for discussion, why on earth would you keep this going. PLUS if I say there is something wrong with it, I have provided the exact same amount of proof to the argument as you have. There's no right or wrong here, just opinions.

I've stated why my vote is on you. if we both agree that this is a D1 lynch, then how is your vote on my any more valid? D1 lynchs I always view as a "take what you can get".
If you would prefer, I can change my reasoning to "It's RL, DEAL." And give you absolutely nothing to talk about.

I agree.
Continues to argue against Tom even though he must know his reasoning is pretty weak. Reminds me of me in dinomafia against Marshy.

Apparently Pythag was dealt the role of Spam_Master's gut.
unvote tom
I reread the thread, and really don't have any reason I should be voting for you. ::shrugs::
Would it have helped if I had done this earlier, sure. That's how it is though.
Vote Pythag
First you keep your vote on him then suddenly just a bit before the deadline you take it off tomcaat when you have defended it weakly

That seems very scummy to me
I just wanted to point out this is the first time I've seen KK think on his own. congrats

Meh this is all D1 stuff, and it's mostly why I think Ronike and Pythag are mafia. My opinion on this is heavily backed on my gut feeling.

The only reason i included KevinM is because of his argument with Ronike. It seemed a little bit forced and seemed to come from nowhere. I thought it was odd that such an argument like that would occur like that right after Tom made his claim about me. But in retrospect, I thought the same thing when ronike and KevM were arguing in HP mafia and KevM and ronike werent scum partners so iono maybe they are just destined not to get along.

Right now I would say I think Ronike is the most likely to be mafia, and than pythag comes in second.

Also, people like 104, yaya, a6m, niiro, KK and others have barely posted at all and I have no idea of what to think of them.

So yah; I don't really like this post, it seems stupid and unnecessary but meh w/e.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Sup fools. I need to read the whole thread but, psh it should only take a few minutes.

:pimp:

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ok, most of your argument seems to be based on the fact that I joke voted Tom and then quickly unvoted. This is not what I did. I didn't know about the bj joke, so I thought that whole unhelpful thing was serious, which is why I unvoted. The "w/e, its a joke so" thing, was regarding the bj joke, not my vote. If the bj thing was a joke, I no longer felt comfortable voting on him, but I was still suspicious of him, so of course I kept going after him. In addition, any feeling on the bj joke are mostly just arguments for or against a particular playstyle, and as such I wasn't reading into them for suspicions unless someone used it to avoid conversation, like Tom did against EE once. So I don't think its weird at all that I voted on Pythag after "agreeing" with him about the BJ joke.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
And most of your suspicion on me comes from my joke agreeance with the name claim. Why I so "quickly changed" was because I didn't want anyone to actually think I was for it. Hence the "For real" part of my second post.
I'm sorry that my posts are convienently scattered among your other lame suspicions, because really, I'm not mafia, and it's only going to hinder the town more if this keeps getting brought up.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
for the love of god, please stop saying BJ. cause I'm thinking of ya wanting to blow job or something

Just....call him Jesus at this point. At least when it's mentioned here, I can tell ya are talking about Baby Jesus and not the Jesus that is ****** M2K LOL

ahem. continue.

Smash Master
My somewhat large post went away... rather annoying.

Sorry it's been so long since I made a post. I just think it's a foregone conclusion that Macman will be lynched today, since the punch role matches the death flavor. I don't like to think about possible lynch targets "down the road" because nightkill(s) and cardflips will almost assuredly change our plans.

That said, Pythag is still suspicious to me for his D1 shenanigans regarding Tom's vote. Also, saying "I'm really town" is like saying "I have no defense." I also posed a question to A6 earlier which I don't think he answered.

A6: Why is KevinM more suspicious than others if Pythag turns up scum? (You said, "Pythag lynch goes towards a KevinM lynch is he's mafia".) Also, your posts contain a few awkward phrasings, which indicates that you are backspacing several times in your posts, perhaps to avoid scumtells. You've also been (prepare for epic hypocrisy) highly inactive.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
For the record, Me and Ronike almost always get into arguments in mafia games. I like him well enough outside the game, our styles are just flat out different and lead to a lot of clashing.

I still look at his posts logically, regardless of the bias I have of him AS a mafia player.

<3 Ronike otherwise man.

Also A6, Macman brings up a solid point.

You've yet to weigh in on any of the days actions and instead you've pushed your own agenda. What do you have to say about the rest of this?

Yaya

Smash Champion
Hmm, having played with A6M (Who I am going to refer as Fox at some point in the game, I know I will.) his playstyle is similar to the way he plays on IRC, though, I don't think I've seen him only respond to stuff aimed at him though.

Just my two cents on the A6M situation.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
You people actually want me to try and type out my thoughts on the game so far? I'll be as brief as I can.

Ronike Vs. KevinM

Town for Ronike, scum for KevinM

Ronike's responses and the timeliness with which he made them tell me that he was genuinely opposed to KevinM, as opposed to two mafia separating each other. On the other hand, when KevinM isn't engaged in a one on one conflict with anybody, he goes very quiet. Most of his contribution is in an argument with somebody else directly, with distinctly less constructive comments made to more general aspects of the current situation.

Focus on conflict with little on opinionated contribution is scum.

~~~~~~

Tomato vs. Macman

Little doubt in my mind Tom isn't town, confused as to what Macman could be and what is causing this conflict.

Assuming Tom is mafia, he wouldn't make this play. Assuming Tom is town, he also usually wouldn't make this play (I'm guessing, seems pretty god awful to me).

I'm torn on Macman. his defense and claim tell me Indi. but his behavior is telling me town.

Main thought on this topic is that Tom is pulling a town gambit, and that he has a role that may be confirmable should macman die, or he gains an ability, or possibly he is fulfilling some sort of restriction. I don't know at this point.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Every conflict in this game isn't going to have a town vs scum outcome.

Stop limiting yourself, also I'm highly suspicious of this:

"You people actually want me to try and type out my thoughts on the game so far? I'll be as brief as I can."

Yes of course we want you to type out what you think of the game.

That's the point of the game. Don't be brief go into detail, both of your "tells" on me and Tom seem nothing more then weird hit or miss calls.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also if Tom is town, his vague role claim allows him to trap Macman just as he explained in his giant post, which I'm assuming you didn't read if you're just going to write it off as a god awful play.

I'm not putting out whether I believe Tom or not, I'm just saying it doesn't seem like you've read anything.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've got to agree with kevin on pretty much everything he just said. Especially the part on that quote being suspicious. And as he said, not every argument has to be town vs scum or two scum arguing to make one less suspicious. And, judging by the content of the argument between ronike and kevin, I would say there's no real way to tell if there's a scum involved or not.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
On the other hand, when KevinM isn't engaged in a one on one conflict with anybody, he goes very quiet. Most of his contribution is in an argument with somebody else directly, with distinctly less constructive comments made to more general of the current situation.
Not really as scummy as it is just how he plays the game.

And anyway, why are you making this like its a one on one boxing match :laugh:? It ain't that simple kid. It's the town working together to find the mafia, who is working together to look like town. But hey, whatever, what do i know?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I did some rereading, and things were sticking out to me that didn't before. Namely, I'm really upset at a lot of people's play style, but I guess there's nothing around that ::shrug::

mentosman - you play REMARKABLY safe. Whenever anyone posts something, you're very quick to agree. You don't make waves. You're very 'me too', and your wordage makes it seem like you feel somewhat in charge. Maybe you are to some degree, if the leaders like 'yes men' It's bothersome, because you appear to be on everyone's side when the crap hits the fan, and you slip by unnoticed. (that's potentially you could slilp by)

A6 - You put a lot of pride in your posts, and seemingly expect everyone to accept that you are town, and the voice of reason, yet you really lack when it comes to defending your claims. Like kevin pointed out. You're not above discussion. (premptive response for when you say "I never said I wasn't" or "look at this post" Those exact words haven't come out of your mouth yet, but you might as well have said it through you wordage)

Numbers - You chose the midst of that argument to point out that I'm scummy by my defense. Everyone claims "town" so there should be NO reason you find that scummy, because that fact should merely be understood.

Macman - You're actually fighting hard enough that I'm tempted to believe you may not be mafia. However, at the risk of you turning up indie, I will keep my vote on you.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I dunno man. From what I've read so far, There is just too much against macman to not vote for him.

so with that :)

vote: macman

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
mentosman - you play REMARKABLY safe. Whenever anyone posts something, you're very quick to agree. You don't make waves. You're very 'me too', and your wordage makes it seem like you feel somewhat in charge. Maybe you are to some degree, if the leaders like 'yes men' It's bothersome, because you appear to be on everyone's side when the crap hits the fan, and you slip by unnoticed. (that's potentially you could slilp by)
You do realize that I was one of the hard opponents to Tom's claim at the start of today, right? In fact, I was probably one of the top two arguing against his claim, and continued to do so until I got an answer that was satisfactory. However, seeing as it's early in the game and I work full time, many times anything that I have to say has been said by the time I get a chance to get on, and I would rather say that I agree with the thoughts than just not post because it's already been said.

Smash Master
Pythag: I do find it scummy when people say 'I'm really town, so don't lynch me.' It's understood that everyone in this game is going to claim town except in a few fantastic scenarios. When someone explicitly says that they are town as part of a defense to their arguement, it raises a red flag that their defense is insufficient.

Handorin

Smash Hero
It has been brought to my attention that I messed up on my deadline.

It is on Friday the 22nd at 11:59 AM.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Erm...not to let know the obvious, but if we're gonna lynch someone, we should do it.

I'm only saying this cause it's not good to have another 'no lynch' day, you know? >>

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Oh yes, almost forgot

I'm gonna be in anime Boston starting tomorrow and won't be back till Sunday. I doubt they have a free (or cheap) internet access, but if they don't...well, you know why of my inactivity.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Oh yes, almost forgot

I'm gonna be in anime Boston starting tomorrow and won't be back till Sunday. I doubt they have a free (or cheap) internet access, but if they don't...well, you know why of my inactivity.
Lucky for you, I will be at event 52 and won't be back until sometime on Monday. It gives PRs plenty of time to send me in night actions.

And maybe Tom, if he doesn't John out.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I believe that puts him at 7 votes, and since I don't see our lynch target being changed any time within the next day, and the fact that Mac has posted in HP and not come to post a final defense nor given any solid argument convincing me he was town, I'm going to go ahead and Vote: Macman

Top Bottom