• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lonely Island Mafia- Town Wins!

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
simply statistically speaking, dont you think it's pretty lucky for omis to claim tpain if he happened to be your role. like how would he have known to randomly pick that

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
If Omnis is scum, depending on exactly how much he knows of TLI, T-Pain is well known for being in the "Im on a Boat" it could of been his safest bet....that or he hoped that Hando wouldnt give anyone a well known character such as T-Pain out....either way, we have 2 T-Pain's so one of them is obviously scum.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Oddly enough, unless you have proof you got hit, you can't really say it was your ability that saved you, If Jungle IS a doctor, then he would of saved you and you would not of known it.
Nix, Hando stated in my role PM that the doc didn't save me. My ability is what protected me/Yaya on N1. I'm a one time only bulletproof, meaning that I can be bulletproof for only once if I get targeted for a Nightkill. I got targeted N1 and Jungle tried to cover it up by saying he was Doc. No doc managed to counterclaim most likely because the Doc is dead and seeing as Yaya was inactive for most of the game, it seemed pretty easy for Jungle to cover it up without anybody figuring it out until I showed and basically screwed Omis and now Jungle. So I'm betting that Jungle is most likely SK or Mafia. So yea, Jungle is definitely not the doctor and the Doc is most likely dead. So tell us Jungle, what's your real role? Same goes for you, Omis.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Nix, Hando stated in my role PM that the doc didn't save me.
People type things so oddly....why would Handy say that the Doc didn't save you, instead of saying that you took a hit but your vets protected you?...and for that matter, why would he say that in a Role PM?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
I mean....really, I dont know if its any different in other Mafia games, but in EM atleast, you NEVER know if the doc saves someone or not....and Handy specifically saying that the doc didnt save you seems like a cheat, which im sure Handy would NOT do...

And yea, Double Post =P My Bad!

smashman90

Smash Lord
People type things so oddly....why would Handy say that the Doc didn't save you, instead of saying that you took a hit but your vets protected you?...and for that matter, why would he say that in a Role PM?
He stated that because I replaced Yaya and I didn't replace him at that time so I didn't know if his ability was used at the time. He stated that my ability saved me on N1, so I know that the Doc didn't save me because if he did then my ability wouldn't have been activated.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
There we go, that sounds better ^_^ Now the problem with this is that it's plausible that Omnis and Jungle are telling the truth, but smashman is lying...but to be honest, I can totally see T-Pain being a BP PR....*shrug* Any thoughts on what's going on Tom?

smashman90

Smash Lord
There we go, that sounds better ^_^ Now the problem with this is that it's plausible that Omnis and Jungle are telling the truth, but smashman is lying...but to be honest, I can totally see T-Pain being a BP PR....*shrug* Any thoughts on what's going on Tom?
But, If I get lynched and it shows that I am town then you'll be guarenteed (sp) 2 mafia members or at least one of them has to be, the other could be Independent which I somewhat doubt seeing as we already had two Independents. Unless for some reason there is no mafia and we have only Independents (which I doubt is possible, but it would make for a great mafia game though, IMO)...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So we've got a little mafia triangle of love goin' on here, eh? It looks like we have at least one Mafia cornered. Which of the three it is, or how we're going to pick which one to lynch is a different story.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
We have at least two non-townies singled out with two contradictions.

I'm going to post my extensive thoughts later tonight, and then ask two simple, important questions of each player.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I am inclined to believe Smashman's T-Pain claim, which would mean Omis is lying about his name-claim and Junglefever is lying about his role. I don't know what it says about Mentosman or Rockin, as Mentosman could still be independent or something and Rockin could still be town or mafia easily. Xsyven's claim is totally bogus: a paranoid cop without any signs of any other cops, who got a guilty on the Night 1 death and a guilty on the Night 3 miller death and his investigation on the cleared tracker failed Night 2. MexicanBJ has refused to name or role claim, but I guess that is his perogative. If his name or roleclaim could prove helpful, I'm going to hate him if he didn't tell us. Nix is fairly off of my radar.

The obvious contradictions that arose today are the following:

Junglefever claimed to **** in his pants, Mentosman counterclaimed to **** in his pants. Rockin says he made Junglefever ****, but Mentosman cites the lack of yellow music flavor in the Day as his evidence. Junglefever has no evidence except the roleblocker's word (could be true, could have been bus-driven, could be a mafia lie). Junglefever claims doctor and to have protected Smashman Night 1. Smashman claimed Bulletproof hit Night 1, which counteracts Junglefever's claim. Omis claims T-Pain, Smashman counterclaims Tpain and also roleclaims with it.

Junglefever, Rockin =/= Mentosman
Junglefever =/= Smashman
Omis =/= Smashman

So I have two questions for each player, and I would appreciate it if you would answer these questions as soon as you possibly can. I want each and every player to answer these.

1. Would you please go through the list of the players and say who you think is town and who you think is non-town? The list is the following: Junglefever, Mentosman, Omis, Tom, Xsyven, Rockin, Nix, Smashman, MexicanBJ.

2. If you could choose the lynch today, who would you choose and why? Who would be your second choice?

I also have specific questions for a few of you:

@Omis: Smashman has claimed your name-claim and has role-claimed. What do you role-claim? Also, how did Handorin spell your name in your role PM?

@Smashman: How did Handorin spell your name in your role PM?

@Handorin: When is the deadline?

Handorin

Smash Hero
3 days past the last one at least. More if I decide to be nice.

You will find well before if you receive more time or not.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
1.) I have a feeling Mentos is independent...being a boombox and only changing the song at day roll seems kinda odd for a village PR. and coming to think of it...its totally possible that Mentos is some form of the Fool, only counter-claiming the roleblock to possibly get lynched....

Xsy seems plausible mafia, as does Rockin, Jungle and Omis if smashmans T-Pain claim is true...that slightly worries me however as it would mean 4 mafia, 4 town and 1 independant....however if Mentos is a "fool" then Rockin could quite possibly be village and Jungle really was jizzed.

Bleh, too many possibilities!

As for the second question, I think I will hold off on answering that and wait for Omis and Smashman to respond to their questions first.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Myself: Town
Omis: Mafia or at least non town
Jungle: Mafia or non town
Tom: Town
Nix: I believe him to be town. But he seems to be off of everybody's radar, so it does make me a bit suspicious of him.
Mentos: Still don't trust him about his abilities, I still think he's not telling us the full truth but until Jungle provides a response then I believe him to be Town.
Rockin- If Mentos is right about his counterclaim, then I'm pretty certain that Rockin is Mafia.
MBJ- I want a nameclaim and stuff before I give my opinion on him.
Xsyven- I'm still weary of Xsy's claim. I want to hear more out of him and what others think. I can see him somehow being a townie, but I can also see him turning out to be Mafia as well.

2. Omis is my first choice, Jungle is my second. My reasons for those two are pretty obvious but I can say them again. Omis for claiming my character, Jungle for saying that he protected me when I didn't get protected by anybody except for my own abilities.

@Tom, my name in the role PM was spelled "Tpain". I assume that Hando didn't notice it or something, but that was how it was spelled in my role PM. I believe that it is spelled T-Pain though.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Junglefever- I think he is mafia. His failure to prove how he was roleblocked and his unbelievable doctor role makes him mafia in my mind.
Mentosman- I honestly have no clue on this guy. His roleclaim is just plain weird
Omis-So town you can believe it
Tom-Townie
Xsyven-Im not too sure. His tole seems odd but something makes me want to believe him.
Rockin-Mafia Roleblocker for sure.
Nix-Dunno
Smashman-Mafia
MexicanBJ-Townie

I want to lynch Smashman for the obvious reasons.

My name is spelled T-Pain
I am a vanilla townie which surprised me due to how much *** he kicks. However, a lot of the characters in this game could be a PR but there can only be so many. I guess he got left to the wayside.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
YO Tom, I've had work and paper due so it's been tough for me to think about this game though. DON'T WORRY THOUGH, I got this.

Junglefever: I'm town. duh :D
Mentosman - sorry my dude, but for some reason i just CANT see a boombox being town. I dunno why
Omis - I'm not 100% sure here to be honest. I think the Omis/Smashman can go either way. More will be explained in my analedysis of smashman
Tom - town, or ima be pissed at you for making me save you *******
Xsyven - leaning towards mafia right now
Rockin - a very plausible mafia.
Nix - his claim may just be a safeclaim since no one has any idea who the **** he is (if anyone does, explain)
Smashman - I think Smashman could be mafia. This is the scenario running through my mind. The mafia has watched my stupid screw ups and decided to frame me (I know I've ****ed up alot, I'm a bit ******** lately). So they used the claim of T-Pain to cause confusion in the game. The mafia also developed a clevor ruse to say that he protected himself night one. This only makes my claim look more false, making the framing of me so much better. Unlikely? I don't really think so. If there is an intelligent mafia player on the other side with him then this could be executed perfectly.
MexicanBJ - I have absolutely no idea.

I would vote Nix right now, since his nameclaim is super fishy and no one has really tried to dig more information out of him.

There you go Tom nom nom. :D

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
.....You would want to lynch me when we clearly have 2 people with conflicting names? That seems REALLY odd.

None the less....I'm sorta 50 - 50 here with smash and omis......I find it weird that Handy would actually misspell a name and yet, It's really bizarre for T-Pain to be a vanilla role....Ugh, I need more time to think this over I think

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
i think we should vote for either smashman or omis, since no matter what, it tells us who's mafia

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
I kinda agree with Mexican, It doesn't really matter WHO we lynch. If we lynch Smash and he really IS T-Pain, then we know Omis and Jungle are mafia. If Omis is the legit one, then we know Smash is mafia and jungle is "slightly" more town-sided then what he appears to be now.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
I never said it would clear you. I just said it would make you seem slightly more town-sided then you do now due to smash's counter-claim.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Are you not creating the false dilemma that if one flips town the other MUST flip mafia?

What if mento's turns up town, does this make me mafia? no not really. I've been playing myself very poorly, yes. But we don't have a conflicting a nameclaim, so all you are basically saying is that sicne we both claimed to **** are pants, one of us HAS to be mafia

in smashman/omis case, it's more possible that one is mafia and the other is. But you still shouldn't say that "if one is town the other MUST be mafia"

:D

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Gotta keep in mind that a mafia roleblocker is still possible. What doesnt change the fact though, is that if Smash is T-Pain, your claim as a doctor goes down the drain along with Omis....To be honest though, the more I think about it, the more i wonder if one of them is the fool role....

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
After giving it some thought, I think it might be safer to lynch Omis. If he is T-Pain then we only have to worry about smash. If he is not T-Pain, then there's just jungle. If we lynched smash and he was T-Pain then both Omis and Jungle would be alive as most likely mafia making it harder on the rest of us.

Outta ideas otherwise on how to figure out who's telling the truth and who isn't/

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
After giving it some thought, I think it might be safer to lynch Omis. If he is T-Pain then we only have to worry about smash. If he is not T-Pain, then there's just jungle. If we lynched smash and he was T-Pain then both Omis and Jungle would be alive as most likely mafia making it harder on the rest of us.

Outta ideas otherwise on how to figure out who's telling the truth and who isn't/
But that's the thing. What if Omis IS town? I mean sure, we can lynch one or the other with the next day, but let's look at this. Two indies are killed (possibly a third one from Mentos) and we lost 4 townies. We have yet to kill a mafia and if we lynch a townie, Mafia will be closer to winning. We have to make garantee that either Omis or Smashman is telling the truth. If Junglefever's doc role is real, then Smashman would've lied. There's several possibilities that could happen within this lynch it's not funny.

Now to answer Tom's questions...

Junglefever - I'm not sure about him.Doc role seems kinda eh. If he's lying about his role, then he has to be mafia.
Mentosman - Like several have mention, I believe he could be either Mafia or indie.
Omis - Ehhh...I think he's town, but it's undecided really cause of the name claim
Tom - I don't sense any kind of mafia vibes from you, so you're town in my book
Xsyven - paranoid cop is kinda suspicious, but he could be town. Again, story doesn't exactly add up
Rockin - I'm town, but I can't blame others for easily believeing that due to Day 3 and such...>>;;
Nix - For the moment, I don't see any mafia vibes, so town
Smashman - check Omis' reply
MexicanBJ - Right now, he's on my supicious book cause we're unsure of his nameclaim or roleclaim. For now, I'll consider him town, but I'm watching him...

I would say that we lynch Smashman. It could be possible he used the inactivty to his advantage. By using the inactivity, he could easily mask himself along with the town side incase his Mafia buddies get lynched. There could be, although a low chance, that he was actually saved by the doc. Another reason to lynch him is that if, godforbid, he DOES turn out to be the bulletproof, we can then lynch Jungle upon the next day, since he lied. As for a second lynch, we can try the Jungle lynch to see if he comes up doc (if he does, anyway >> )and then go to Smashman. Also, we're not sure if there's a doctor truely in the game, so for protective reasons, I'm more of a smashman lynch. Mainly cause the doctor could at least try to protect for the following night.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Very interesting.

What if mento's turns up town, does this make me mafia? no not really. I've been playing myself very poorly, yes. But we don't have a conflicting a nameclaim, so all you are basically saying is that sicne we both claimed to **** are pants, one of us HAS to be mafia
You really did not finish this line of thought, junglefever. Continue it for me, out loud. I'll start you off: does it make you mafia if we lynched mentos and he turned up non-mafia? You both claimed jizzed. There is only one jizzmaker. One of you would be lying. Why?

Gotta keep in mind that a mafia roleblocker is still possible. What doesnt change the fact though, is that if Smash is T-Pain, your claim as a doctor goes down the drain along with Omis.
Very much this.

Junglefever, what do you think about Smashman's claim that he is a BP got shot Night 1 instead of being protected by you? Please PLEASE be extremely thorough, because honest to God, and pending on what I hear from the other players who have not answered my questions, I'm about to lead the lynch on you.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@Smashman: Is there anything more you can tell us about your BP role? In comparison, possibly, with Karthik_king's "fail BP" role?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
But that's the thing. What if Omis IS town?
If Omis IS town, the Smash is obviously NOT a BP and jungle seems more likely to be a verified doctor claim.

Handy says the deadline is tuesday, so we still have a couple days to figure this out.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
What about the second half of the question?

Karthik_king was Andy from "I'm on a boat," and he was a "Fail" BP. Are you a "True BP" or anything?

Also, Handorin notified you when you were shot?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Don't lead the lynch yet Tommy Boy! I have to work and want to make sure my post is well thought out :cool:

I'll be back late tonight

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@Xsyven: I'm still waiting to hear from you on all the questions I've asked and the relevant discussion. I know that replacing into a game, especially at the end of Day 3 - beginning of Day 4, can be very hard, but you are only making it harder on yourself by starting to coast along and refusing to actively answer questions and cite your opinions.

If you need, it should only take an hour to do a quick read-through of the thread. Start by writing down all the names of the people who replaced everyone else, and then go through finding what you find fishy. Really, all you need from that is general ideas, because the real **** went down today and yesterday.

I asked everyone to make a scumlist and state their opinions of everyone. I'm almost decided on the lynch but I would like to hear everyone's opinions, and that includes you Xsy.

Xsy, I would also like you to go into as much detail as possible about your role again, okay? Name rank serial number and everything you can tell us, including investigation results for each night, and any flavor thats part of your descriptions that you think might or might not be relevant.

Handorin

Smash Hero
The deadline is being extended to sometime toward the end of the week. I need to double check my work schedule. Expect to know tomorrow.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
What do I think about smashmans claim that he was BP N1? I obviously think its bull****. I don't know how you want me to be thorough about this. But I'll answer your first questions first.

He could've claimed he jizzed when he didn't to protect rockin. I find the idea that Rockin HAS to roleblack really odd, so I'm assuming that this is false, obviously. I think that, actually, Rockin makes someone **** at random. The Club girl in the music video just dances with alot of guys. I can see her being a roaming girl that just makes a random guy **** his pants. Likely? No. But if Mentos and Rockin are working together in some way, he could be trying to protect rockin again from getting lynched like he was D3.

tl;dr: mento's is lying to protect rockin, whom i think, by pure gut feeling, are both town. :urg:

Again, I stated the scenario about smashman being mafia and trying to frame me after i've already made mistakes. There's nothing we can do to prove that he wasn't bulletproof. In the end, it's my word versus his. And, especially someone who is a replacement so we have no reads on him. It makes his word seem more viable, and his scenario is also more likely, especially since my role is...really strange and I've made several mistakes. I really don't know what more to say Tommy boy, other than that if you lead this lynch, you're going to lose a townie.

Thats all i got Tom, your move dude.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@Xsy, buddy, you need to post or I am going to lead the lynch on you out of SPITE for replacing an inactive player and then refusing to be active yourself. I'm literally waiting on your voiced opinions before I make my decision...

@Omis: do or die right now, man. Convince me you are not my best lynch option. Why are you town and why is Smashman the fake T-Pain? Give me everything you've got, everything you know.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
UGH. I READ AND I READ AND I READ AND NO DICE

DIDN'T ANYONE BREADCRUMB THEIR NAME ANYWHERE??? xD

It would make me a lot happier if Yaya or Ronike had breadcrumbed some Tpain **** but I can't find any.

Top Bottom