• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lonely Island Mafia- Town Wins!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey guys sorry I've been so inactive the past couple days, lotta stuff goin on unexpectedly and I haven't had much chance to be on. I'm about to start work but I'll be popping on afterwards to make a real post.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Tom, what is the difference between a fail bp and a true bp? I want to say that a fail bp has a chance of not protecting his/her self while a true bp will always be successful (unless he/she get's roleblocked), but I'm not 100% for certain. Sorry, but my knowledge in mafia terms is a bit lacking.

If my guess is true then I would be a true bp as I was guaranteed to be protected by my bulletproofing unless I got roleblocked, which I didn't. And yes, Hando did notify me in my role PM that I was shot at on N1.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
@Xsyven: I'm still waiting to hear from you on all the questions I've asked and the relevant discussion. I know that replacing into a game, especially at the end of Day 3 - beginning of Day 4, can be very hard, but you are only making it harder on yourself by starting to coast along and refusing to actively answer questions and cite your opinions.

If you need, it should only take an hour to do a quick read-through of the thread. Start by writing down all the names of the people who replaced everyone else, and then go through finding what you find fishy. Really, all you need from that is general ideas, because the real **** went down today and yesterday.

I asked everyone to make a scumlist and state their opinions of everyone. I'm almost decided on the lynch but I would like to hear everyone's opinions, and that includes you Xsy.
This is honestly what's holding me back from posting. I've started reading the thread like, eight times, but every time I do, something comes up. I'd love to contribute...I'm usually overeager and gungho in Mafia games. Its just that I'm extremely confused about the situations so far. Signing up as a replacement this late in a game has been one of the hardest things ever. xD

I'm just not contributing due to the fact that I can honestly say that I don't know what the hell is going on most of the time. To be honest, I'm even ashamed of my own inactivity. :( I joined during a really bad time. Life is pretty crazy right now. But I'm still gonna try harder.

Luckily, the second half of your post doesn't require me to be caught up.

Xsy, I would also like you to go into as much detail as possible about your role again, okay? Name rank serial number and everything you can tell us, including investigation results for each night, and any flavor thats part of your descriptions that you think might or might not be relevant.
Alright, so first off, it turns out that I slightly misread my role. I'm the son of a drug dealer, not the actual drug dealer. Even though it's not much better, its still better than being an actual drug dealer in my eyes. :p Here's the jist of my mod PM-- altered to keep myself from breaking rule #3.

My name is Craig Stanton, from the Bu. I'm Son of Red Stanton, who's the best drug dealer in Malibu. It also says that it's really hard to please him, and that I often mess up when trying to do so. I think that's the part of the flair that's hinting at my wrong readings. And to be honest, that's the only flair I've gotten. I haven't gotten any cute smells or pants jizzing or anything like that.

I have no idea why I'm a cop, but it says that I can choose one person a night to investigate, and will receive a PM with an innocent or guilty report. You said no one else has claimed as a cop? Though it seems like a redflag against me, I'm seeing it as someone else not claiming their real power.

As for my investigation results, night one, numbers investigated Marshy. I guess he got to him before the Mafia did. Report showed up saying that Marshy was guilty.

Night two, it said my attempt to investigate failed. No flair, no flavor. Just a fail.

Night three, I investigated EE. (God, this looks terrible.) Once again, it seems like I got to him before the Mafia did. Report showed up saying that Evil Eye was guilty.

And that's all I've got from Handorin. I don't blame you for finding me suspicious-- everything I've just said looks really bad. Its just that really bad is all I have to give. :( I wish I could be more useful, but unfortunately, I'm not caught up, and I have a bogus power.

If you've got yourself a couple of lynch candidates floating around in your head, let me know who they are. I can at least do my research on the few people you're suspecting, and get in my opinion and vote before the deadline. It'd be much easier for me (being pretty busy with work and other things) to look into two or three people, rather than to start from square one. Then once night comes around, I can take advantage of the silence and catch up even more.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I figure I should have said something about Smashman vs. Omis. Both replacements, both really hard reads. I'm going to get a haircut in a few minutes, but I'll have my opinion on them sometime tonight.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I've given this as much thought as I think I can. Its time we move ahead.

I've made my decision. I took into account all the information we have, as well as the answers you all gave to the questions I asked, shaped by whether or not I think you are town-aligned. Here is my logic for today, as well as orders (yes, orders!) to all of the claimed power roles. If you have questions about the logic, the plan, or the orders, let them be heard, because I think this is the best plan.

I want to lynch Omis, and this is why.

There were three major points of contention today, which were:
1. Jf claims jizzed, Mentos claims jizzed, Rockin claims to have jizzed Jf.
2. Omis claims T-Pain (vanilla townie), Smashman claims T-Pain (hit BP).
3. Jf (doctor) claims to have saved Smashman N1, Smashman claims he got hit N1.

#1 is the only one that does not have a mutually exclusive conclusion. In #2, if Omis is town, Smashman is not; if Smashman is town, Omis is not. In #3, if Jf is town, Smashman is not; if Smashman is town, Jf is not.

I believe the following:
1. I think that junglefever is not a doctor, and is mafia. I cannot be certain, but I can apply gambit logic. (Thank the lord for McCloud for teaching me gambit logic)
2. I think that Omis is not T-Pain, and is either mafia or a T-Pain lyncher.
3. I think that Smashman is T-Pain, a town aligned hit BP.
4. I do not know whether Rockin is a town roleblocker or a mafia roleblocker.
5. Xsyven's claim is highly suspicious and alone makes me think he is mafia.
6. I do not know anything about Nix.
7. I do not know anything about Mentosman besides his name/role claim that are basically worthless. Could be town, mafia, or independent.
8. MexicanBJ has not claimed but I am certain that he does not need to. Tomorrow I may force him to name claim.
9. I'm the Tracker and I want to live another night and track again.

I really do think that Junglefever is mafia, but here is the gambit: he claims doctor and is not trusted, Rockin claims roleblocker and is not trusted. There has been no doctor counter-claim, meaning that if Junglefever is the doctor, he is the only doctor, and that if he is mafia, there is no doctor. Either way, if I leave him alive, he must "protect" me, and I cannot die. To ensure this works, Rockin will make MexicanBJ **** in his pants. This way, if I die, junglefever can be immediately lynched, because he is not a doctor: he did not protect me and was not roleblocked (MexicanBJ was), so he is mafia. I also cannot be roleblocked, because Rockin is blocking MexicanBJ: if Rockin blocks me, we lynch Rockin because he is not town aligned.

Leaving Junglefever and telling Rockin exactly who to block ensures that I live to tomorrow with a tracker report or we immediately know a mafia (and can use the information to put more together). Mentosman is involved with those three in #1, so he is not to be lynched today either.

Left to lynch who directly contradict each other are Smashman and Omis, and honestly, Smashman's story lines up the best. It also explains a fact in the junglefever story, that he is not a doctor because though he claimed to protect Smashman N1, Smashman claimed hit BP. If Jf were mafia, he would have known the target. So Omis goes today.

Xsyven, your role is highly suspicious. Tonight, you are to investigate me. When Day comes, you are to give us your result in your first post. Do not alter from this plan.

Mentosman, you are to choose lyrics from the song Little Weapon by Lupe Fiasco.

Junglefever, if it was not clear, you are to protect me tonight.

Rockin, here are your orders: if Omis is Tpain, make MexicanBJ **** in his pants. If Omis is not Tpain, make Smashman **** in his pants.

I think that's it.

vote: Omis

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If I am killed tonight, and Junglefever claims that Rockin made him **** in his pants, but MexicanBJ also claims that he was jizzed in his pants, trust MexicanBJ over Junglefever.

Handorin

Smash Hero
D4 Votes:
Omis: smashman, Tom, Rockin (3)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
WAAAAAAIT

quick question.

You said in your paragraph about Jungle for me to roleblock mexican. But at the bottom, you told me to roleblock whoever Omis comes up as.

which is it?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
To ensure this works, Rockin will make MexicanBJ **** in his pants.

Rockin, here are your orders: if Omis is Tpain, make MexicanBJ **** in his pants. If Omis is not Tpain, make Smashman **** in his pants.
****, sorry.

These are your orders:

1. If Omis is Tpain, make Smashman **** in his pants.

2. If Omis is NOT Tpain, make MexicanBJ **** in his pants.

This is because if Omis is Tpain, Smashman lied and needs to be blocked. If Omis is not Tpain, Smashman is and is pretty cleared and will probably be killed and so you should make MexicanBJ ****.

Okay?

Omis

my friends were skinny
Pro Tip One: Lynch teh mafia
Pro Tip Two: Omis=/= mafia
Pro Tip Three: Dont lynch Omis
Pro Tip Four: Smashman=mafia
Pro Tip Five: See Pro Tip One
Pro Tip Six: Vote Smashman

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, that puts him lynched. I do fully agree with the lynch, although I wish I could have been more active about it. I'll use the song you suggested tonight Tom, and for d5 I'll be back to being able to be active consistently. Stupidly enough both games turn to night as I'm able to be active again>_> But yeah, long story short, I'll be back with a solid post on my thoughts(which will be expanded based on the results of this lynch) as early as possible into d5.

Handorin

Smash Hero
D4 Votes:
Omis: smashman, Tom, Rockin, Nix, X7 (5)
Smashman: Omis (1)

Alright guys. It's time for the SPACE OLYMPCS.
So you all head over to the station to get prepped for the outer space experience.
You all sign some release forms for all that legal shifty stuff.
When they are all handed in, the attendee says "Wait a moment, two of these are signed Tpain. Due to forgery, one of these people can't go."
After several accusations, Tom decides that the only way to figure it out was a freestyle rap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6H0i1RAdHk
After this, it was clear that Omis was not Tpain. In fact, after the disguise was off, he looked quite different from Tpain.... he was tall, white, and old.

Omis, aka Red Stanton from the 'Bu and the mafia godfather, has been lynched.

You have two days to send in actions (until Thursday).

Handorin

Smash Hero
You stand on a distant planet
Skyline of red plateaus
Strange air and vegetation
You're a winner!

Welcome to the Space Olympics
The year Thirty Twenty Two
Take part in a grand tradition
Your name echoes in the holes of the universe!

You all wake up
"Attention Athletes, it's time to start the day."
A wake up song starts to play:
Little Terry got a gun, he got from the store,
He bought it with the money he got from his chores,
He robbed candy shop told her lay down on the floor,
Put the cookies in his bag took the pennies out the drawer.

Little Kalil got a gun he got from the rebels,
To kill the infidels and American devils,
A bomb on his waist,
A mask on his face,
Prays five times a day,
And listens to Heavy Metal.

It gets cut short
"Attention:
All the oxygen has run out due to a temporary problem, please head toward the airlock."
As you congregate, you notice one member is missing.

When it's safe to go back to your rooms, you notice that that someone was Tom. He looked breathless, and quite dead actually, hanging onto his door latch, which was locked.

Tom, aka George Washington the town tracker, has suffocated.

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is July 3rd.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
That sucks....really bad.....

Rockin, you better be saying you jizzed who you were suppose to.

Jungle, what's your excuse for not protecting Tom?

Mentos, nice job on the lyrics, although i still think your independant.

Smash, congratz on getting cleared!

Mexican, anything you'd like to say today?

Xsy, whats your "investigation" show?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Little Terry got a gun, he got from the store,
He bought it with the money he got from his chores,
He robbed candy shop told her lay down on the floor,
Put the cookies in his bag took the pennies out the drawer.

Little Kalil got a gun he got from the rebels,
To kill the infidels and American devils,
A bomb on his waist,
A mask on his face,
Prays five times a day,
And listens to Heavy Metal.
Sorry for the double bah post, but if you two didn't know, this request was totally a shoutout to macman and kevinm!! <3

smashman90

Smash Lord
That sucks....really bad.....

Rockin, you better be saying you jizzed who you were suppose to.
Agreed. We know that you or anybody else can't claim that somebody switched your targets or else that person would've done it to somebody like Tom and they would've mentioned it that their targets got switched by now.

Jungle, what's your excuse for not protecting Tom?
Jungle doesn't have one. This along with my claim proves that he isn't Doc. Rockin was suppose to **** MexicanBJ, so if he did do as he was told then there should be 100% proof that Jungle isn't doc and should be lynched.

Mentos, nice job on the lyrics, although i still think your independant.
I'm still iffy on whether or not he is indy or town. If he is independent then let's keep him around for now and wait til later to lynch him. Indies are more helpful to us than Mafia are.

Smash, congratz on getting cleared!
Thanks. Although I wished that it was me instead of Tom that got nightkilled. Tom was probably trying to get the Mafia to get me nightkilled so that he could track the killers by choosing me as his target.

Mexican, anything you'd like to say today?
Mexican, I hope you will be more active on this day because you're gonna have to. You're gonna have to tell us if Rockin made you **** in your pants and defend your statement. You may even have to nameclaim (possibly roleclaim as well) today if it's deemed necessary. If you happen to be cop or doc, or anything like that then it maybe a good idea now to tell us this considering we're getting close to the end of the game and it appears that the mafia may win this again.

Xsy, whats your "investigation" show?
I predict that he'll say that his target came out as "Guilty". Btw, who did you target? And I find it even more suspicious that Omis played as Red Stanton, Xsy's character's father. Any word on this?

And I feel like I've just taken up Tom's role as leader of the group. I finally get to wear the big boy pants. XD

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay...that royally sucks. >>

Junglefever is suppose to protect tom. Since Tom died, that pretty much means that he lied, which would make Jf our next canidate for a lynch. No way he'd protect anyone else, especially since that order was given from Tom. I'll wait to hear what everyone else has to say as well as hearing JF's reasons before putting up my vote.

Xsyven, what did the scouter say about Tom? (lolz)

Mexican, you best either nameclaim or roleclaim. One or the other. Everyone has has has mostly nameclaim and roleclaimed (except nix. just nameclaim) except you. The more you hold back, the more suspicious you become.

And incase anyone ask, I did roleblocked Mexican. >>

smashman90

Smash Lord
Okay...that royally sucks. >>

Junglefever is suppose to protect tom. Since Tom died, that pretty much means that he lied, which would make Jf our next canidate for a lynch. No way he'd protect anyone else, especially since that order was given from Tom. I'll wait to hear what everyone else has to say as well as hearing JF's reasons before putting up my vote.
Agreed. I do want to hear what everybody else wants to say about this before I vote.

Mexican, you best either nameclaim or roleclaim. One or the other. Everyone has has has mostly nameclaim and roleclaimed (except nix. just nameclaim) except you. The more you hold back, the more suspicious you become.
I'd prefer it that Mexican at least nameclaims. But now that I think about it, I do think that they might as well reveal their roles. We know that the doc is most likely dead so neither of them would be Doc. Cop I doubt it. So yea, I guess they might as well. They got nothing to hide unless of course they're mafia members which I doubt is the case with Nix. Mexican...I'm not sure about him considering he has been rather secretive about his role and he rarely posts much. That's why I want him to post more and post a lot of info. I hate it that he is kinda stalking. Mentos, this goes for you too. I know that you've been busy and stuff, but we're gonna need you to start posting more often as well.

And incase anyone ask, I did roleblocked Mexican. >>
I would like Mexican to confirm this just to be 100% certain.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Alright, understandable. I guess we can get some confirms from xsyven and Mexican before we vote

Unvote
Yea, I'm ready to vote on JF too but I want some answers from the others first before I cast my vote. Normally I would vote on him due to me knowing that Jungle is lying and Tom's orders, but I don't want any of the others to vote Jungle and lynch him before I get my information from Xsy, MBJ, etc. This info could be useful in determining our next target because I got a good feeling that I'll get nightkilled tonight.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I want Mexican BJ to say if he was roleblocked. I want him to lie to me before you guys lynch me.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Also, even if Mexican isn't roleblocked, if he is mafia, he has a perfect set up to kill me. Just sayin guys :D

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I investigated Tom, as he told me to, and came out guilty, per usual. And omg, I just killed my own father. D:

Jungle's doctor claim, orders to protect Tom, and then Tom's death is obviously a huge red flag to me. I'll wait for everyone else to report back before making any final decisions about Jungle.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Okay, Seriously. I know you all want to hurry and lynch me. But can we not just take a second and think about what you guys are going to do if I DO flip town? Let's not waste a whole **** day just because Tom said so, okay?
:D
I know I'm going to die, since you all seem to think you are right. So with that in mind, generate some discussion so that this day doesn't go to waste, eh?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, well, I've got work in less than 5 hours, so I'll keep this brief and respond to anything people want to hear from me when I get back tomorrow. Obviously, our course of action for today is to lynch Jungle. It's quite clear he faked doctor(I knew he was faking yesterday with his counter-claim of being a pants-jizzer), both by his claim of protecting yaya(smashman), our now confirmed townie bp who was NOT protected, and the fact that Tom has died. That's simple.

Now, our course from there is a bit harder to decide. From my perspective, I know that I was role-blocked for yesterday, and Rockin's claiming to have blocked Jungle, obvious scum, leads me to a clear conclusion on who is next, and possibly last mafia.

The problem I will have is convincing you all that I am not independent. Obviously, if I can do that the results flow easily down to the conclusion on our third scum. So, here's what I want while I'm away getting me 4 hours of sleep and working: Who thinks I am independent? Town? I don't believe I've heard any accusations of mafia toward myself, but do you think I'm maf? And, if you think I'm independent, what role do you think I have that would possibly benefit calling attention to myself by essentially making a 50/50 chance of getting lynched?

Meanwhile, if you have any questions for me let me know. I'm back to being able to be active, so I'll be sure to get back on all of the them. Our biggest discussion maker is down, so we need to step up what we bring to the table. Most importantly, remember this: Jungle is our lynch today. No matter what. However, we have a whole day of discussion and we should focus it on who the remaining scum are. Xsy claims paranoid cop, if we have any sane cops who have a guilty on someone who is alive and not jungle, it may be a good time to let us know. Similarly, if we have a watcher who was watching Tom, let us know who visited him. This game is relatively well in the bag for town, so let's get some stuff talked about today and figure out where we're going next.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Is it in the bag for town mentos? Is it? Can we PLEASE consider the idea that IM NOT ****ING MAFIA?!?!. and what you plan to do if you off another townie? like i'm not saying to not go ahead with your automatic lynch or whatever. i dont care at thsi point, i can't convince you guys that i'm town, especially barring the circumstance. but please, for the sake of the town, figure out your options for tomorrow.

get em :D

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Also, I'm going ot be in Chicago all day with my lovely lady. Please don't lynch me until I can say something first. I won't be back till late. So, for the sake of the town, think of your next move after you lynch me.

:D

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jungle- your claim makes no sense, your n1 protection is falsified by our, at this point, nigh confirmed bp, you have completely stopped with your "posting restriction" for the last days worth of posting, our tracker died, you lied about being roleblocked yesterday, am I missing anything? Do you honestly expect us to possibly believe you're town right now?

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Definitely want to hear back from Mexican before we start lynching....also have to consider the slight possibility that there is another mafia out there.

Also jungle....you give us no reason NOT to lynch you. You claimed Doc, with the order to protect Tom who just died....and you made no claim of being jizzed to at least make Rockin suspicious. Your n1 action claim just got thrown out the window due to smashmans hit bp claim.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
LOL. Even if I wanted to lie about Rockin, I was away from my computer all day yesterday (and will be today) and he beat he to the punch. I also know that I know I'm ****ed for today. The evidence is overwhelmingly against me. If you can't tell, I'm not trying to prove my innocence anymore. All I am trying to tell you is to prepare for the next day, and don't let the whole day go to waste. That's all :D

Top Bottom