• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lonely Island Mafia- Town Wins!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The pace of this game has become unbearably slow... nobody is discussing anything or asking anyone else questions unless it has to do with the name/role claim...

I'm getting more and more upset at everyone for just lurking around.

We have an obvious contradiction between Mentosman, Junglefever, and Rockin. Deadline is one week from today. Everyone needs to discuss more about this situation, and answer the following questions:

1. Who do you think is lying out of Mentosman, Junglefever, and Rockin? At least one person is lying, maybe two.

2. In follow up to 1, which are scum out of Mentosman, Junglefever, Rockin? Which of them do you think are *town*, and neither scum nor independent?

3. What do you think about Xsyven's claim?

4. What do you think about junglefever's doctor claim?

5. Who do you think we should lynch today, one of the Mentos/Junglefever/Rockin or someone outside that triangle of lies? Why should we take the route of action that you are suggesting, and why should we not take the opposite road?

I would greatly appreciate it if everyone would answer those questions in thorough detail.

Omis

my friends were skinny
@Jungle
What is your proof that you were blocked? You kept on saying "I have proof" but you keep failing to post said proof. Im not too sure I believe you on your claim. It just didnt make much sense. However, Im not too sure why anyone would lie about being blocked seeing as how obvious it is too counter claim said block.

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Tom, did the person you track ever come out yet? Kinda curious.

As to your questions, we do have to consider a possibility that there is a Mafia roleblocker out there as well.

Anyway, I personally am learning towards Rockin, only because circumstances are against him in that he was found at the body of someone that was killed and it is also possible that him and jungle are working together.

I don't "think" mentos is scum, but I'm not entirely sure about being town either, if he is a boombox and independant it makes me kinda curious what his win condition would be.

I find Xsyven's claim a bit wierd, how can you be a drug dealer first, then a cop? If he said that he was a cop who was undercover as a drug dealer sure, but the way he explained his role made it seem like he only thought he was a cop, so It makes me wonder if he really is PR like a cop.

As to who we should lynch, I have honestly no idea, there really isnt a lot to go on and im curious as to what everyone else has to say on the matter.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Alright, I guess I can answer these questions

1. I still feel that Mentosman is lying, only cause he has yet to state that if he has the option to use his power role or not on the following day. As for Junglefever, I'm unsure of. At first, I frowned cause I blocked a possible doctor role, but as you said Tom 'It doesn't make sense.' So I am suspicious as to what is his actual name.

2. I guess I can't answer for myself,since I'm involved in this somehow (although if I'm allowed, I'll answer)

3. Unsure about Xsyven's claim. Numbers was fairly inactive I think on Day 2 and 3. I got nothing really much to add since there's yet a counter claim on him.

4. It's...something at least. At first, he seemed kinda convincing, since he's a cool dude and what not and always considers himself awesome. However, since he's arrogant cool person in terms of that, yeah...I can't see him much for being a doctor.

5. Look at two plz.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
The pace of this game has become unbearably slow... nobody is discussing anything or asking anyone else questions unless it has to do with the name/role claim...

We have an obvious contradiction between Mentosman, Junglefever, and Rockin. Deadline is one week from today. Everyone needs to discuss more about this situation, and answer the following questions:

1. Who do you think is lying out of Mentosman, Junglefever, and Rockin? At least one person is lying, maybe two.
Well, obviously, from my view, mentos is lying about jizzing in his pants. Does this automatically make me think he's mafia? not really. in fact, i think out of the two, Rockin is more likely mafia then mentos, where i think mentos just might be some random independent. I think Rockin could still be lying about being a town roleblocker. I think it's quite possible he knew i was a town roleblcoker (even by the hilariously ridiculous role i have). Also, I botched my name, oops, big deal.

2. In follow up to 1, which are scum out of Mentosman, Junglefever, Rockin? Which of them do you think are *town*, and neither scum nor independent?
i accidently answered this in #1

well i don't really know. Paranoid cop sounds justified, but hell a drug dealer? still leaves room for suspicion i guess.

believe what you want. i mean, hell, even i said it was pretty ****ing ridiculous.

5. Who do you think we should lynch today, one of the Mentos/Junglefever/Rockin or someone outside that triangle of lies? Why should we take the route of action that you are suggesting, and why should we not take the opposite road?
my suggestion would be rockin or nix. Nix hasn't really revealed anything that helps us (i tried looking up the name but came up short actually). I think he could be using this as a safeclaim, a name that's almost unsearchable with little information, unless someone can prove me wrong.

I would greatly appreciate it if everyone would answer those questions in thorough detail.

answers in bold yo :cool:

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
errrr...i'm having a really ****ing hard time lately

"I think it's quite possible he knew I was a town DOCTOR ..."

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
Was just about to point that out jungle, first you get your name wrong, then you mix up your role. Looks kinda scummy if you ask me!

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
well okay

the name was just ********, and if you want to lynch a townie for being ********, be my guest. i prolly would :urg:

for the role, i clearly had rockin on the mind and had just talked about him, so i made a mix up.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Smashman, would you please name claim, only also role claim if you find it pertinent to the discussion or important to do, and then answer the questions that I asked?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
ON THE SUBJECT OF JUNGLEFEVER:

1. You protected Yaya night 1 and there was only ONE death. I tracked the Serial Killer to Marshy. That means the mafia kill might have failed. You protected Yaya (now played by Smashman) night 1. That would make Smashman a possible town clear. Do you agree with this?

2. Are you a doctor or are you a bodyguard?

3. Why are you so constantly reminding us that your claim is unbelievable? Why did you not take the proper care to spell your name claim correctly, and why the hell would you say "I would lynch myself too in this situation?"

4. Why do you think Rockin is the liar instead of Mentosman?

ON THE SUBJECT OF ROCKIN:

1. You are REQUIRED to roleblock every night? Night 1 was Evil Eye, Night 2 was Frozenflame, Night 3 you say was junglefever? Who are you going to **** tonight depending on who we lynch?

2. Please be more specific in your analysis of the current situation. Who do you think we should lynch? Why? Why not the other individuals? BE THOROUGH. USE LOGIC AND GOOD REASONING.

ON THE SUBJECT OF MENTOSMAN:

1. PLEASE ANSWER THIS THOROUGHLY: Why do you think there is the disparity between the **** claims? What do you think caused it, who do you think is mafia? Please explain the situation logically and thoroughly from your perspective. THOROUGHLY.

ON THE SUBJECT OF XSYVEN:

1. Why did your investigation fail on Night 2? What information were you sent? Please feel free to ask the game mod, because you were replaced.

ON THE SUBJECT OF OMIS:

1. You have yet to answer the questions that I asked everyone to answer.

Yaya

Smash Champion
As I told EE, I was swarmed with school work, it's the end of the year at school, and I've been trying to get on, but unable to.

Sorry I let you guys down.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well, obviously, from my view, mentos is lying about jizzing in his pants. Does this automatically make me think he's mafia? not really. in fact, i think out of the two, Rockin is more likely mafia then mentos, where i think mentos just might be some random independent. I think Rockin could still be lying about being a town roleblocker. I think it's quite possible he knew i was a town roleblcoker (even by the hilariously ridiculous role i have). Also, I botched my name, oops, big deal
well actually, I didn't knew at the time. All I figured was that you had some post restriction of some kind.

As to Tom's questions

1. Yes, I am reqired to roleblock every night. Gay, yes, I know. I've roleblocked EE, FF, and Junglefever, yes. As far as who to roleblock tonight, my target will be MexicanBJ. Only cause he seemed to have a pr that could threaten town (or an importance of some kind to Mafia).

2. It's a tossup between Mentos and Junglefever.

Junglefever has kinda messed up his claim in terms of that post he made. Misspelled the name a bit, which tell me he rushed the claim. Also, if Tom's right about his roleclaim not making any sense, then he must've rush that claim as well. Then again, there was only one kill on Day 2, so it could be possible that he's actually the doc in the game.

I'm still slightly leery over Mentos. He still hasn't answered my question as in terms of him having proof if he could optionally use his pr or not. If he had a option to use it or not, then he could've easily framed me, knowing that I would follow orders to not roleblock from Tom and Nix. I wouldn't be suprised if a Mafia tried to make an attempt to frame me for the sole purpose that I could possibly stop their kill. >>

As for the others

Tom, I don't get no bad vibes from you at all, considering you've been helpful thus far with your tracker role, so you're clear in my book

Nix has been pretty good so far. Fairly helpful, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more posts from him. No vibes from him yet.

Xsyven's claim is still pretty weird IMO. That first post he made about the claim was a bit 'wtf,' but soon claimed later that he was drinking (remember kids, beer + DC games are a BAD mix LOL ). I don't see why a drug dealer can be a cop, unless he was a undercover one. I want to keep an eye on him and see what more he has to say. so I guess FoS: xsyven

Omis has also been fairly helpful, though I've only seen several post as compared to the original person that's playing (Ronike I mean). His claim seems pretty believeable (Honestly, didn't think guest stars would make the cut in this, but lol on this game). I still want to see more post from him so I can make my final virdict about him.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I personally didnt want to name claim but seeing as how almost everyone else it doing it I shall.

Im T-Pain from Im on a Boat. I know what you are thinking; he isnt really TLI! I guess it is because he was so recognizable in the video
Gentlemen, I believe we found ourselves a mafiaoso.

Vote: Omis

Why? Because I'm the real Tpain from Im on a Boat.

Tom, I promise I'll answer your questions later. My head hurts from reading all these pages. Need to chill out for a little bit and absorb all of this info.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Another interesting development. Two people claiming roleblocked allows for a contradiction; two people claiming T-Pain allows for a contradiction. If either of you think that you can PROVE you are the real T-Pain and not the mafia or lyncher or impostor, please make your arguments.

Smashman, the deadline is creeping up soon and we have no established relationship with you - please jump into the discussion as soon as you can and answer a lot of the questions posited to you and the town in general.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright, I guess I can answer these questions

1. I still feel that Mentosman is lying, only cause he has yet to state that if he has the option to use his power role or not on the following day.
Bah, I thought I had answered that question. Yes, it is mandatory for me to pick a song each day.

ON THE SUBJECT OF MENTOSMAN:

1. PLEASE ANSWER THIS THOROUGHLY: Why do you think there is the disparity between the **** claims? What do you think caused it, who do you think is mafia? Please explain the situation logically and thoroughly from your perspective. THOROUGHLY.
Now, to explain my thoughts thoroughly, it is going to require me to run through the different scenarios I have thought of. In honesty, there are several ways that have spun through my head at some point throughout the day.(I will alternate between bold and normal text for each idea to make formatting easiest to read)

Now first and foremost, there is the possibility that Jungle and Rockin are mafia. Now there are a few reasons that would incline me to believe this. First of all, Rockin claiming that he blocked jungle(does have other possibilities, but for this situation we will assume he is flat out lying.) Secondly, he claims he HAS to roleblock, an action that has higher chance of hurting town than hurting mafia in most occasions.

Meanwhile, Jungle's claim is strange. Not only on his role-->name combo, but he messed up saying his name, and saying his role. Also, his character thinks they are too cool for everyone else, which does not sound fitting of a town role.

It is very much possible that Rockin does not, in fact, HAVE to role-block, and chose not to n2 in the event of himself getting tracked. It would also set up the ability for a safe claim if tracked to the death.

Now, there is only one problem I could potentially see with this theory, and that is it would require either 4 mafia or a conversion role, otherwise I could be lynched as town and we would have two scum known. Not impossible, just feel I should point out the questionable part of the idea as well.

Another possibility is that Rockin is, in fact a town roleblocker, and Jungle is scum. This theory is weaker in my opinion, as it would require a lucky guess and a driver sort of role to switch actions between me and Jungle(essentially causing Rockin to believe he role-blocked Jungle and think that I'm lying.

Yet another is that there are both mafia and town roleblockers, but this has major problems. First of all, if that was the case we should have had two role-blocks each night so far, as both would likely be required to do so if one was. And if one of the two was allowed to choose, it would likely be the town one meaning Rockin is scum.

These are the only three ways I can really think of to have this disparity of claims. If Rockin were to have said he role-blocked me, knowing I'm town I would likely have assumed that Jungle was an independent(mafia doing that kind of maneuver without backup is far too risky). However, since Rockin and Jungle agree he was roleblocked, I am inclined to believe both are scum. It is also possible that Yaya, whom Jungle claimed to have saved n1, was a yakuza, and converted Jungle. This would make the numbers play perfectly for mafia to fake in this situation, knowing there were four of them and if any but the yakuza were lynched it would still be a win for mafia. Honestly, right now my best thoughts are that Jungle and Rockin are both on the same side. Whether his doc claim was fake and they were taking a risk with only three of them, or he was converted, that is the only way the situation adds up 100% in my mind.

Now, on the case of the other mafia, I would say Xsyven is very likely one. Not only does his claim not make sense, but it seems like a role he tailored to be useless, but cover himself. Well, that's that, feel free to ask me to clarify anything as this was a long enough post my wording may have fell through a bit.

Also, @ Omis' mention of he doesn't know why someone would claim role-blocked, remember your game and me being counter-claimed twice(three times?) as cop? It's for the same reason, to attempt to cause a mislynch.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Gentlemen, I believe we found ourselves a mafiaoso.

Vote: Omis

Why? Because I'm the real Tpain from Im on a Boat.

Tom, I promise I'll answer your questions later. My head hurts from reading all these pages. Need to chill out for a little bit and absorb all of this info.
Vote: Smashman

IMO, I think Smashman is purposely lying as a counter claim. Look at the numbers; we have 9 out of 15 starting people left. With 15 people we could have 3 mafia or 4 mafia. Personally I think we have 3. So that leaves 6 town. Smashman counters and gets me lynched. 5 town 3 mafia. Night falls. I dont think we have any vig so it is only a mafia kill. Day 5 comes. 4 town 3 mafia. Those are horrid odds. We would probably lynch Smash anyway so that leaves 4 town 2 mafia. Night falls mafi kills. 3 town 2 mafia. At that point we are more or less boned. We wouldnt have much to go off of and mafia could easily speed lynch. Plus, with 3 mafia I believe they are bound to have some PRs. Again with said powers they could screw some stuff up. As I said earlier, I think Rockin, who I think is mafia block, and maybe even Jungle are mafias who are lying about who Rockin blocked. After all, why would mentos lie. I think they were going for that to create the same situation of numbers I described above.

In addition, I think Smash is using his new status to his advantage. He is new so we couldnt have had any tells on him which makes it harder to attack him.

Everything I said is in my opinion of course.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
To everyone, Omis, Smashman especially:

Please do NOT vote yet. If you have voted, please unvote.

I do not want mafia to pile on a quick lynch or end the day before we have decided on the lynch. Even if you feel that he is lying, or know that he is lying, please unvote so that I don't get rushed.

Thanks for understanding.

Omis

my friends were skinny

I think Jungle and Rockin are liars. I dont see why Mentos would lie and as I detailed in my earlier post, the Jungle Rockin mafia lie could lead to the good number setup.
This is more or less the same question as above. I think Jungle and Rockin are scum
Im honestly not too sure about this one. I dont see why a drug dealer would be a cop. Also he said he was drunk when he wrote that so I could imagine him slipping up and saying the wrong thigns.
I dont believe it. He has no evidence to prove it and it could jsut be to make us feel guilty about maybe lynching him.
Smashman for lying about his claim
Answers in bold.

Handorin

Smash Hero
D4 Votes:
Omis: smashman (1)

I will be willing to extend the deadline a bit since half the game has been replaced. When time comes closer to this deadline, I'll make an evaluation.

smashman90

Smash Lord
As Tom requested, Unvote: Omis...for now.

Vote: Smashman

IMO, I think Smashman is purposely lying as a counter claim.
Your argument is weak. I have no reason to lie. Besides that, it would be an incredibly stupid move for any Mafia member to do something like that. Why would I do something that would get myself lynched when I could just sit back, answer Tom's questions to get it so that the Town would continue lynching themselves and then have the mafia nightkill each night. Sounds much easier and safer then sacrificing a mafia member just to kill a townie, doesn't it? Only thing I would be doing is harming the mafia if I did purposely lie(assuming I was a mafia member). So again, I have no reason to lie or to do something that foolish. You're just trying to complicate things.

Look at the numbers; we have 9 out of 15 starting people left. With 15 people we could have 3 mafia or 4 mafia. Personally I think we have 3.
Thanks for telling us how many Mafia members there. ;)

In addition, I think Smash is using his new status to his advantage. He is new so we couldnt have had any tells on him which makes it harder to attack him.
Do you honestly believe that I'm that smart?

I just reread my post and sorry for the atrocious structure and semantics. I wanted to get it out there before Smash could snowball his lies further.
Again with the insults?

Unvote Smashman
I still know you are lying but Tom makes good logic
Omis, you are the one who is lying and one way or another...you will get lynched/nightkilled. You're just trying to get in an extra townie lynched before you yourself will get lynched/nightkilled.

As for Toms questions:

1. Mentos is definitely keeping a secret about that boombox. There's more to his role that he's letting us on. So I don't trust him. Rockin seems suspicious as well due to the fact that he must always pick a target. And I am 100% certain that Jungle is mafia as well. My role allows me to be bulletproof. He claimed that he saved me when it was actually my ability that saved me.

2. I trust none of them really. I'm certain that Jungle is mafia, the others I'm not so sure on.

3. X's claim is very fishy, I don't really trust him.

4. See the answer to question #1.

5. Omis for fake roleclaiming or Jungle for lying about him protecting me.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Handorin, PLEASE extend the deadline, especially considering two of the replacements are contradicting each other in game!

Handorin

Smash Hero
I suppose I could extend the deadline.

Except I really just want to post my new avatar. O.o

Nix2100

Smash Rookie
And I am 100% certain that Jungle is mafia as well. My role allows me to be bulletproof. He claimed that he saved me when it was actually my ability that saved me.
Oddly enough, unless you have proof you got hit, you can't really say it was your ability that saved you, If Jungle IS a doctor, then he would of saved you and you would not of known it.

Also, Tom, that was brilliant! Much Props for pulling that one off.

Top Bottom