• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The London Thread (Tournaments, etc) FIRST POST UPDATES

Kman25

Smash Ace
lovely thats dans booked ^^

and to all the londoners who flaked TNJ2 (with a few exceptions)

well done, seriously GZ the closest tourney in a whole year and you **** it up. man your all ****ing amazing
And those exceptions are? Cos I really hate when people just assume **** about people

J03

Smash Master
lol if you have to pipe up a response then you clearly have a guilty conscience ;)

nah tbh you were on my list of exceptions because i specifically remember you saying something about an exam clash or exam revision or something. besides your going sweden so its all ok XD

that said, no johns, and i didnt assume **** about no-one

basically what pisses me off are players that refuse to attend a tourney because of travel distance/cost especially when if they book early is ridiculously cheap. but its funny how only londoners seem to have this problem...yet not one londoner will host a large tourney. except maybe charles...

...charles, host a tourney XD

Kman25

Smash Ace
lol if you have to pipe up a response then you clearly have a guilty conscience ;)

nah tbh you were on my list of exceptions because i specifically remember you saying something about an exam clash or exam revision or something. besides your going sweden so its all ok XD

that said, no johns, and i didnt assume **** about no-one

basically what pisses me off are players that refuse to attend a tourney because of travel distance/cost especially when if they book early is ridiculously cheap. but its funny how only londoners seem to have this problem...yet not one londoner will host a large tourney. except maybe charles...

...charles, host a tourney XD
lol Okay no johns then dude, Yeah I got like quite a lot of exams this week, Still wanted to go though xD, Definitely next one, If I aint there Im mentally ******** ;)

But yeah see ya in Sweden dude

J03

Smash Master
just so you guys know, AR364 is pretty much confirmed on 11/12th of august and the date will be confirmed by the end of the week. if you book over a month early then travel will be less then a tenner there and back! theres going to be alot of reminders becuase i have a big mouth so no-one will have an excuse to forget, the date is there and its in the summer holidays so no johns ^_^

J03

Smash Master
AR is in lancaster. the simpliest way to travel is by coach to preston then train to lancaster i think. the coach is between 1-5 quid and the train is about the same, maybe a pound more so go funfare FTW

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
****... i want in on AR364 - hands down i gotta be there been too long! lol

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Man, I was hoping we could host the london biggie tourney some time around the beginning of August, cause that's when I'd probably be able to house.

Kone

Smash Master
Thats a shame frost, you being able to host wouldve allowed for a london tourney. However, i think early august would possibly be to early for the next UK tourney, especially adter ROS4 ?

@ charles - look slike you'll be missing your first UK tourney, would even up the rankings though ;)

@ paul - maybe able to sort out a lift for you and craig. dont bank on it tho! ill try my best.

J03

Smash Master
i think the spacing is pretty good tbh. 4 weeks after sweden you got AR364. makes sense

and nice to see it looks like some londoners are manning up for the travel challenge :laugh:

J03

Smash Master
seriously though, whenever we (STFU) travel, we always book and travel together, so seeing as theres like 20 londoners then surely everyone can travel with at least some other ppl

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Please dont,Scottish school holidays end at like August 7th so this weekend wont be good for some of us,whereas Charlie boys just one johnning johnner,roaming the world thinks he can come back and saunter into a smash tourney:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
im gonna have to call friday off, i have the moleria jab for my malaysia holiday.

next week ill try my best to make sure something big happens though

FrostByte

Smash Lord
I've been looking at venues for a tourney. I've found some nice, easy to find locations so far that are close to the subways. Charles, you said you knew about some places right? Also, will any Londoners be able to house some during the last weeks of august?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
my grandpa said he knows a venue with a stage and we can get it cheap, but hes on holiday for 3/4 more days and cant find out till then, if we can't use the retirement home hall we can try use that (Next week saturday) hopefully! SO LMT IS GONNA BE ON FINALLY!

Kone

Smash Master
Frost : with BB looking to host mid-august i think its likely that a london tourney in the same month wouldnt be good. Its hard enuff getting people booked for one tourney, never mind two with only one weekend gap.

However, do you have housing ability for the last weekend of august ? you could always talk to BB and see whether he could host hte first weekend of aug and then london the last weekend of august.

Heck, if you could find a venue and hositng for last weekend in august id help my best to step the london tourney into something european size.

But yeah that sall specualtion until you can:

*find a venue cheap enuff

*a venue for last weekend in aug

*housing, at the venue would work

*convince BB to push his forwards (not likely)

unless of course your just wanting a local london thingy. but if you really good ge ta venue, housing , two day event for last weekend of aug youd be looking a ta lrge euro thing.

il chat to u on msn man ^_^

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
chuckleluckle. i just found a subway's voucher book outside my door last night. buy one foot long, get one free, free 6" sub when you buy a drink mmmm
Go Spam-a-totally-unassociated-and-irrelevant-comment!

Oh how i cant wait till next saturday! More smash for my veins! Smash junkies ftw!! JOY!!

:yoshi: :mario:

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
im hosting a lmt if I can sort of the vneue for next week sat, Also spam i got 2 books full of subway vouchers which work till september, multi pwnt!

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Well that means ur a greedy lil rat then coz u didnt even want to part with one voucher and u probably wont even end up using it!
Hmmm Go Spam-a-selfish-rodent!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Im expecting Jam + (hopefully Dan) to come to this, even if it isnt a LMT i'll host a smashfest at my house if i fail getting the venue, getting as much practise in before ROS4

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
London Mini would be great, comon Rage Air Force! Seriously you had so many vouchers and you didnt give me or Nhat any...WHY! :(

Anyways i think* im able to come to this session

*:Think is a relative term

FrostByte

Smash Lord
IMO, this should've been done a bit earlier, but it's still good either way. I'm guessing all the regulars will be able to make it then.

Regulars:
Charles
Kman (&bros?)
R&F
Nhat
Nexus
Pdot
FrostByte (and co. possibly)

That'd be around 12, give or take. So people, prove me wrong about the London community getting smaller.

Kone

Smash Master
guys, theres been quite a few random londoners wanting in ons mashfests, like that luigi guy a while back,

if your starting to lose interest, go through the london thrread and re-contact those that showed interest but never turned up etc. dont lose potential players that easily ;) . id love to have had the interest you guys have had in newcastle =p

Top Bottom