• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The London Thread (Tournaments, etc) FIRST POST UPDATES

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice

The link for the videos are here: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=imoneofthem
More videos: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Fuzzyness

Gary finally makes an update, yey!
Hey everyone! I've been a little lazy recently and haven't organised anything in the smash community for the past couple of months, ^_^" Gomen Gomen
*I want to give all of you a little task
**Please can everyone look out for a venue which will allow people to stay there overnight
***I want to start organising the big London tournament, and if we start next month venues will be booked to the max.

Make sure Charles organises the venue, if not then I'll see what I can do

Ok this is Charles editing this post finally for some updates

We will be discussing the next date for the London mini tourney at my next smashfest which will be hosted on sunday this week. It will take place at the same venue and may have to start getting more serious by introducing proper tournament rules with cash prizes. London isnt a beginners zone anymore and we have to fight to climb that mountain for victory!

Also im considering sorting out going to ROS4 in the summer which should be the biggest European tourney and id like a few of London to tag along to represent along with the UK =), as always LONDON FTW. Everyone find out the dates for your start of the summer holidays and the end so we can book our plane tickets together, nice and early and be as cheap as chips :)

Always check the first post (the most important post on the thread for info.)!

We currently are hosting this at our house, the details are provided below
7 Sydney Road, Barkingside, Essex IG6 2ED
Directions: Get off at Barkingside Station (Zone 4, Central Line, Hainult Via Newbury Park/Woodford tube) and follow the map. The road is situated just off the high street next to Barclays bank. If you are unsure upon arrival, please ask someone how to get to Barkingside High Street.

Details are listed below
Location: Kelvin Lodge - 406, Clayhall Avenue, Ilford, Essex IG5 0TA
Date & Time:
Costs: £1.50 entry fee
Directions:
-Get off at Gants Hill station (Zone 4, Central Line, Hainult Via Newbury Park/Woodford tube).
-The bus stop for the 128 bus is outside cash converters or the bus stop which is accross the road from the kebab shop (if you leave the station in the wrong direction)
-You'll go through Barkingside High Street and eventually pass another roundabout.
-After the second roundabout the venue is 2 stops away.
-You'll be able to identify the venue by an off-licence situated just outside of the venue.

Rules: (If there are any concerns with the rules, tell me)
RULE NUMBER 1 - BYOC i.e. Bring Your Own Controllers
You're coming to this tournament, I presume you own a Gamecube, SSBM and a controller. No excuse ;)

RULE NUMBER 2 - Be punctual and on time
Don't be late for a match otherwise you will be disqualified. We cannot afford to waste time because Sunday has a very tight schedule. If you arrive late for either tournament, the same rule will apply.

RULE NUMBER 3 - Tournament layout
*The singles tournament will consist of pools and will then proceed with elimination rounds.
*The doubles tournament will only consist of elimination rounds.

RULE NUMBER 4 - The Match
# of Stock - 4
Duration of match - 8 minutes
Character Exceptions - None
Item Usage - Banned
*The matches will be best out of 3 games.
*Semi finals will be best out of 5 games and Finals will be best out of 7 games.
*For the first game the stage will be selected randomly.
*For the second game, there are two rules:
++The loser can select a stage from the counter stage list.
++ If The loser does not change character, neither can the opponent/winner.
*If there is a draw on the 3rd game a 4th game will be set up but with 2 stocks and 4 minutes. The level will also be selected at random.
*Team games must have friendly fire enabled.
These rules apply for both Single and Team matches.

RULE NUMBER 5 - The Stages
*Random Stages:
=Final Destination=Pokemon Stadium=Battlefield=Dream Land 64=Yoshi's Story=

*Counter Stages:
=Final Destination=Pokemon Stadium=Battlefield=Yoshi's Story=
=Fountain of Dreams=Dreamland 64=Mute City=Rainbow Ride=Poke Floats=Kongo 64=

*Banned Stages:
=Corneria=Mushroom Kingdom II=Peach's Castle=Jungle Japes=Green Greens=Onett=Brinstar=
=Kongo Jungle=Big Blue=Icicle Mountain=Great Bay=Flat Zone=
=Hyrule=Mushroom Kingdom I=Brinstar Depths=Fourside=
=Yoshi 64=Venom=

Help with travelling
Tube <--- For the Londoners
Coach <--- A cheaper solution
Train <-- A quicker solution
Car <-- For drivers​

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
Very nice. If I am (hopefully...please?) free that weekend then I'm there!

EDIT: Aww, I can make Sunday, but not Saturday. So there's a question for you. What will happen on which day and what would I be able to do >_>

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
whoot after my exams are done and in the middle of summer holidays!

ofc i can go :p

spKz

Smash Ace
i Can Give Housing, if Ed (Kone) is coming then it will be naturally reserved for them ^__^ <3 but i can house a fair few

shadowlaw9000

Smash Rookie
Well done kimmel, I'll be looking forward to the tourny, as usual I should be able to help with a GC but cant on the accomedation at the moment.

tone

Smash Cadet
Hooray im glad to see people arnt givin up on this tournament in London, cause sh** i didnt make it to newcastle today so i want a tourney. Anywayz the reason im posting is because i think i may have found a big enough venue in North London, Hackney. Its in Stamford hill estate community center in Stamford hill. my gran is a tenant so ill be able to get a discount on renting the place out for the end of july and im gonna be talkin to the ppl in charge this tuesday so ill post again to let you guys kno how i get on with the place. ill include Prices and that. If anyone wants to contact me directly my msn is tbone_like_steak@hotmail.com tho its better to email me cause im not always on.

Look out for my post on tues!!
Tone

dr.nikey

Smash Rookie
neil, fresh from the newacstle tournament might be able to turn up! its too far way to confirm but id be up for it. plus il be pro b y then i swear. too pro.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
theres a hall near where i live in warren road :p its a big hall, but normally its fully booked for business meetings and the like.

tone

Smash Cadet
Yo Peeps! well this is a bit later than tuesday but tuff i dinne care
I've Reserved the hall that i posted about for the friday 29th of july, it was fully booked on the sat, so i dont kno wat u guys will want to do.
The Hall is 10Pounds an hour, which has been reserved from 11am to 7pm. i could probably increase the hpurs if needed. there is also a 125Pound deposit which will be given back if the hall is in the same state as it was left.
The face that i sat is fully booked could be a problem but i could get the next weekend if someone cant arrange an additional place.
Maybe the tournament can be split into singles on one day and teams on the next cause more people might show up on differnt days and stuff.

This for me will have to be arranged within two weeks last tuesday, I will be goin to Ireland for a while and will be comin back for the tourney, specially if im arrangin the place.

Ill will try and keep lookin for updates and try to hang on msn for as long as i can but i dont have a comp at the mo so its preety hard. its probably better to email me...

The hall's address is:
Stamford Hill Community Center
Stamford Hill Estate
London, Hackney
N16

Local Tube Station: Seven Sisters
Local Train Stations: Stamford Hill, and Stoke Newington. (On the same line anyway :p)
Local Buses: 67, 73, 76, 149, 243, 349, 476

Kingscross & Euston: 73, 476,
Waterloo & Oldstreet: 243, 76
London Bridge & Liverpool Street: 149
Aldgate: 67
Enfield: 149 & 349
Wood Green: 67 & 243
Victoria: 73 (this would take u a while...)

Cool

MeleeUltimate

Smash Cadet
I'll come no probs since it's my relaxation time, refreshing from the exams, but what we need is a list off people who are up for it , If you want, paste your Username and e-mail please. Then we'll get an Idea off how many people coming.

UltimateMelee: psycokenetic@hotmail.co.uk

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
brilliant. will we need to pay anything to attend? i wuold be willing to do so.

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested and will probably turn up! my emails in this topic ^ somewhere already.

I expect that lots more people will come than people post in here anyway!

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
gary = who?

not kone? bah w/e.

anyways this is a two day thing right... so are we gonna be staying over to sleep there or something? i can make it from there to my house pretty easy.

Omnius

Smash Rookie
Haven't heard anything on here for a while? Are we still on? Im coming no matter what. Even if i have to quit my job and leave my girlfriend i'll be there :chuckle:

Big Al 001

Smash Rookie
Just some questions; i know you are probably still organising it, but here's what i have to say:
Do we have to go to the singles tourney to be in the doubles?
If you have a partner for doubles and he cant make it to the singles, can you still go to the singles or is the whole thing set around the same people for both parts?
Just a general question about how everything will work really as in rules and organisation for the games - will there be items, how many lives or time etc...

thanks for any answers

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Big Al 001 said:
Just some questions; i know you are probably still organising it, but here's what i have to say:
Do we have to go to the singles tourney to be in the doubles?
If you have a partner for doubles and he cant make it to the singles, can you still go to the singles or is the whole thing set around the same people for both parts?
Just a general question about how everything will work really as in rules and organisation for the games - will there be items, how many lives or time etc...

thanks for any answers
This might not be 100% accurate, but I think that this is what will happen:
No, I think that you can be in the doubles if you do not turn up to the singles. That also answers the second question, too. It won't be the same people for both parts.
General rule set: Stock match, 4 stock, no items, 8 minute time limit. Some stages are disallowed, but I can't remember which off of the top of my head. Matches are best out of 3, after the first game then the winner gets to change their character, then the loser of the first game, and then the loser chooses the stage. I think.

If I got any of the above incorrect, someone please correct it :)

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
Wow, crazy cheap tickets, E3.98 for the flights, that's a total of 53.10 euro's including taxes.

I have to look for other dutchies who want to go with me. :p

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
My exams finish on the 26th June, so some time soon after then I could come voer for some practise. I think I've improved quite a bit since last time too!

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
spKz said:
i Can Give Housing, if Ed (Kone) is coming then it will be naturally reserved for them ^__^ <3 but i can house a fair few
Room for another three? I'll bring me, my brother and Bobby easy - if we can make it to Newcastle then London is a walk in the park.

tone

Smash Cadet
Well since Gary (imoneofthem) failed to give me a ring or contact me or anything, i can no longer provide a place of worship, (by that i mean venue), because i now reside in Ireland. i have attempted to give details to gary but he is an ignoring sort of bloke it seems. maybe because i told him he looked cute in his photo on msn, i dunno...

Gary if your readin this u los t our place man. I told u i needed financial help for the deposit, but i was just ignored. as for making it and howing of my my turnip skills as Princess Peach (DAISY!!) i think i wont be able to make it. Im stuck in Ireland for the time being. sorry guys!!

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, i've been busy job hunting for the past few weeks now and on and on again i have forgot about this tournament. With less than a month to go I feel that I have to forward this tournament to a later date. Also regarding this tournament, I believe it will be a one day tournament unless we can really deal with housing (then we can consider a two day tournament). When I get a job and have some money in my pocket the london crew will host something. When that time comes i'll post here again.

*Tone I always forgot to phone you regarding the venue, **** my laziness ^_^" + Thanks for the cute remark hehe.

*RE This Tournament: Lots of people want this to happen, it has happened once but there were problems; so what's going to happen....let's wait and see!

Sorry about this everyone =(
I'll try and sort something out later this year. ^_^

D-Day

Smash Rookie
I was so looking foward to a tourney, make sure it is in the near future, and definately keep us updated

ant-d

Smash Lord
All these new fellow Londoners. Add me to MSN if you play Super Smash Bros. I mean the original game.
Also, where in London are you at?

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
A lot of people are inquiring, so I'll hiughlights some stuff that's been said:

imoneofthem said:
Sorry, i've been busy job hunting for the past few weeks now and on and on again i have forgot about this tournament. With less than a month to go I feel that I have to forward this tournament to a later date. Also regarding this tournament, I believe it will be a one day tournament unless we can really deal with housing (then we can consider a two day tournament). When I get a job and have some money in my pocket the london crew will host something. When that time comes i'll post here again.

*Tone I always forgot to phone you regarding the venue, **** my laziness ^_^" + Thanks for the cute remark hehe.

*RE This Tournament: Lots of people want this to happen, it has happened once but there were problems; so what's going to happen....let's wait and see!

Sorry about this everyone =(
I'll try and sort something out later this year. ^_^
Will all of this stuff about the new london tourney go here or will it be in a seperate thread?

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Bloodbrawler! + To anyone else reading this!
:) Check out the 1st page!!!!!
Details have been updated.

Top Bottom