• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I was actually thinking how her reveal would be like while at work yesterday and it was pretty much the same as what you said. Lol.

One thing however, would the trailer be in the style of “WarioWare” or “fully 3D rendered”? I couldn’t decide myself yesterday. It’s be interesting if they had it WarioWare art style but it would be an instant give away the second we see the trailer in that art style, and it might be a little more “epic” if you will in a 3D rendered trailer.
I think for Smash it would have to be in 3D. The 2D style probably wouldn't work for a Smash trailer, especially if there's another Smash character involved.

Plus, keeping it in 3D could keep up with the suspense with people thinking it might be a new Luigi's Masnion game.

Hat Kid

Smash Cadet
Just wondering because the Robin/Lucina and the Palutena Trailer were in their games’ art style. But yeah I agree, 3D would be the way to go imo.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I just realized something

The Ashley is 66 story mode and 16 alts for everyone leak

It just hit me it's fake

On the smash reveal listen to 10:31

"Eight villagers to chose from"

That deconfirm the leak right there since villager only has 8 alts

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

It just hit me it's fake

I treat all leaks as fake, but it could have been they just haven't implemented that feature yet or don't want to give it away.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
We're actually pretty close to Rool's Replies
View attachment 155663
The growth rate has been pretty insane.

I've been keeping an eye on it since we were less than 50% the amount of replies as the K. Rool thread and since then we've grown to be within 80% of its reply total. If things continue as they have been then we should surpass the K. Rool thread in the coming weeks.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

It just hit me it's fake

I'll be honest, It's a very, very odd thing to highlight. It's old information so I don't understand why it was brought up in the first place.

StormC

Smash Hero
I could very well see that happening in October, and we totally need a Diamond City stage! Complete it with various other WarioWare characters hanging out in the background like in the Animal crossing stages~

That being said I'm still hanging on to hope that there's going to be some kind of reveal this Evo weekend..

Great idea, but if it was in the new style of WarioWare, it would give the reveal away much too soon, and Sakurai just enjoys surprising people too much to that! :laugh:
Little Mac and Palutena’s trailers are both in their distinctive art style and have them as the first character shown.

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
I'm not taking Vergeben seriously just because he made a few lucky guesses, and I'd advise everyone here to do the same. Anyone can claim to have "sources" and make a few lucky guesses.
This. With how secretive Sakurai is trying to be, I'm almost 100% sure that anyone who actually knows anything would be Japanese to begin with.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think for Smash it would have to be in 3D. The 2D style probably wouldn't work for a Smash trailer, especially if there's another Smash character involved.

Plus, keeping it in 3D could keep up with the suspense with people thinking it might be a new Luigi's Masnion game.
I could see the start of the Ashley trailer in Game and Wario Style and then transitions into 3d after Ashley transports into Smash Brothers via her magic book.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Because the leak specifically saids all characters will get 16 alts by this I don't think that's happening anytime soon.
I'm talking specifically for the E3 video. I feel that it's weird as hell to highlight it in a segment that was 99% changes or reintroducing veterans that weren't in WiiU/3DS. Rereading my post, I see that I wasn't exactly clear enough.

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I'd like Ashley's trailer to be some reprise from wario ware gold trailer with Sakurai making the calls instead of Wario

Sakurai makes a call :
-"Waa ?"
-"Sorry, wrong number." *hangs up phone*

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3

I'd like to see it in 3D as soon as possible! I'm very eager to see how they treat Ashley's 3D model for Ultimate- I hope they use her new model from the Pumpkin Panic minigame~
If you ask me, it tells us spectators a lot being she's the only character in Gold (and in WarioWare in general) to ever get a true 3D model of her own :smirk:
Little Mac and Palutena’s trailers are both in their distinctive art style and have them as the first character shown.
Yes and I remember catching on that it was little mac that was going to be revealed right away before he was even shown. I didn't know with Palutena's though. All I was thinking about was what if Smash became an anime!?!? :crazy:

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
If you ask me, it tells us spectators a lot being she's the only character in Gold (and in WarioWare in general) to ever get a true 3D model of her own :smirk:
Mona and her animal friends got (really bad) 3D models in the Gamecube port of the original game, and now I have to post the monkey because I have suffered and you must suffer too

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Mona and her animal friends got (really bad) 3D models in the Gamecube port of the original game, and now I have to post the monkey because I have suffered and you must suffer too

That monkey was ugly even in 2D and with his goggles on.

Downloaded Gold today. Boy did I miss that Wii U/3DS Eshop music.

So Ashley defeats "Hum Gree" (how many people thought it was just Hungry?) by making him friendly... well if Tharja's Donnel supports have taught me anything, it's that dark magic can just as easily cause positive effects as negative. Or maybe Ashley just scared him into compliance? Either way it's a nice turning point for how Ashley deals with people in her way or that upset her, redeeming instead of destroying. She's definitely become more compassionate since her Badge Arcade stints.

harukaamami

Smash Apprentice

It just hit me it's fake

8 villagers, each villager with 2 alternative colors.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Whenever I see the question "what is holding Ashley back" I always respond with "Sakurai himself".

Ashley checks all the boxes for a playable character - popular, great moveset potential, and she's obviously relevant due to WarioWare Gold and Nintendo promoting her. There is no reason not to add her.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Alts for the koopalings could easily be their SMB3 designs, and Bowser jr. could just be baby bowser

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Do I even want to know what the Mona one looked like?

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
I was wandering if you guys, in some alternate world, would be okay with Ashley being an echo fighter of Wario. ( not gonna happen but would you guys be okay with that XD)

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I was wandering if you guys, in some alternate world, would be okay with Ashley being an echo fighter of Wario. ( not gonna happen but would you guys be okay with that XD)
Given echo fighters have the exact same movesets and are of similar build... what would Ashley even look and act like in this universe?!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I would be more confused about how that would even physically work tbh.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
You know what, while she obviously wouldn't work as an Echo I could see the basic functionality of Wario's specials working with Ashley.

Reskin neutral B into her trapping the opponent with magic.
Reskin side B into her using the broom, and change the properties to fit the new vehicle.
Change the visuals on up B to look more magic-y.
Down B, uhh, have her throw an exploding potion onto the ground.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'd say that Ashley would be more likely to be an echo of Rosalina and Luma or Ice Climbers, but I think she's more likely as a completely new character.

But even if Ashley is an echo, I'll be happy since she'd be playable.

Top Bottom