• The Metagame documentary is a finalist in three awards this year. You can vote for it on the Esports Awards or rewatch today on Twitch.

• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

• Hey, you there! Yes, I'm talking to you, Guest!

Following Sora's announcement as the final fighter coming to Smash Bros. Ultimate, we've got an update on the future of the Newcomer Speculation forum. Please check it out!

The Future of Ultimate Newcomer Speculation

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
Won't be able to play the game until the end of my shift. Won't stop me from briging you fanart. How's everyone enjoying the game?

I'm enjoying it a lot! Although, Ashley's voice is really hard to understand.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Won't be able to play the game until the end of my shift. Won't stop me from briging you fanart. How's everyone enjoying the game?

I've been having a lot of fun with the game so far, though I can't wait until I meet and play with my friends in a couple of days because that's when the game is gonna turn magical for me.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Master
If Ashley & Red were to get in Smash it'd be pretty cool for their moveset to have some food-related attacks - magic should be the focus no doubt, but food would add that quirky WarioWare sensibility to them given that hunger is slowly becoming a prime character trait for Ashley

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
Guess who got to appear on the cover of Nintendo Dream's commemorative issue?

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
Guess who got to appear on the cover of Nintendo Dream's commemorative issue?

Honestly, I get jealous of Japan sometimes lol. They get way more Ashley appearances than the west does.

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
Those planetoids were only ever drawn for the crazy galaxy april fool's and the details (accounting differences steeming from different orientation and drawing techniques) are too close to be coincidental.
Artists recycle their ideas all without them necessarily referencing their older works. Im thinking this may be the case here.

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
Artists recycle their ideas all without them necessarily referencing their older works. Im thinking this may be the case here.
The art gallery in WarioWare GiT features a lot of nods (both subtle and overt)to previous WarioWare games, Rhythm Heaven and even Wario Land. I could dismiss some of the other stuff in the game like

Ashley holding the red-eye skull from her crazy galaxy design or Ashley/Red both liking the electric guitar present
as coincidences or subconscious reuse of past designs without necessarily intending to callback to crazy galaxy specifically, but the scenario and nature of what's being reused here is just too on the nose to not be a nod, imo.

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
A little tweet about Ashley. She apparently loves sweets, a big contrast from her behavior in Game & Wario.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Oracle Link

Smash Lord
That shes (and all other wario ware chars) Are finally playable derfinitly helps! But still ill probably prefer a wario land villian or Wario land wario!

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
Here's my Get It Together tierlist:
B5B5D9E0-A4D9-4099-B049-C06B4F300CFC.png

Also, after the Newcomer Speculation forum closes, I might continue to try to post Ashley fanart and other related content in my profile post section, if any Ashley fans who stick around would like to see.

Last edited:
Top Bottom