• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
You know what, while she obviously wouldn't work as an Echo I could see the basic functionality of Wario's specials working with Ashley.

Reskin neutral B into her trapping the opponent with magic.
Reskin side B into her using the broom, and change the properties to fit the new vehicle.
Change the visuals on up B to look more magic-y.
Down B, uhh, have her throw an exploding potion onto the ground.
The down b can be what her assist trophy does on a smaller scale. This would be funny honestly.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Ashley time! Oh yeah.. no announcement.

Seriously nintendo be cool, announce a direct next week okay!!

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
Ashley time! Oh yeah.. no announcement.

Seriously nintendo be cool, announce a direct next week okay!!
This drought is killing me... anything smash related would be good or even Nintendo in general.

Saiko18

Smash Rookie
Hi y'all,

I've been observing this thread for a while now, and finally decided to create an account. I just wanted to say that I fully support Ashley for Smash Ultimate! Please add me to the support list (if that's still a thing)!!

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
Hi y'all,

I've been observing this thread for a while now, and finally decided to create an account. I just wanted to say that I fully support Ashley for Smash Ultimate! Please add me to the support list (if that's still a thing)!!
Welcome. Ashley for Smashley!!!

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Hi y'all,

Welcome, brother. Or sister, I don't know.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Hi y'all,

Welcome! Always great seeing new supporters.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hi y'all,

Welcome to Smash Boards. I hope you enjoy your stay and may our Diamond Witch Curse the battle field!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hi y'all,

Welcome, new Ashley Friend!

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
Hi y'all,

Welcome to the Ashley Empire!

ThePhantomBrawler

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4270-4810-0127
Switch FC
SW-5544-4206-3906
Nintendo is definitely having Wario represent Wario Ware over Wario Land.
Exhibit A:

Cmon Nintendo! Give us Ashley! (I would even get it as DLC!)
Then again I realize I sound really Needy, im already Really Happy as it is that we are getting everyone, but please! Give Ashley a chance!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nintendo is definitely having Wario represent Wario Ware over Wario Land.
Exhibit A:

Cmon Nintendo! Give us Ashley! (I would even get it as DLC!)
Then again I realize I sound really Needy, im already Really Happy as it is that we are getting everyone, but please! Give Ashley a chance!
In the alternate universe where Ashley doesn't get in, i'd be disappointed but having everyone back along with Inkling and Ridley would ease the pain.
But as of right now we don't know Ashley's fate, and I feel like Nintendo is gonna start really pushing Ashley.
And what better way to push a character than with Smash Bros?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
In the alternate universe where Ashley doesn't get in, i'd be disappointed but having everyone back along with Inkling and Ridley would ease the pain.
But as of right now we don't know Ashley's fate, and I feel like Nintendo is gonna start really pushing Ashley.
Nintendo already has been pushing Ashley since Smash 4.

Badge Arcade, 3DS themes, Mii costumes.

Being a Smash fighter is the next logical step.

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo already has been pushing Ashley since Smash 4.

Badge Arcade, 3DS themes, Mii costumes.

Being a Smash fighter is the next logical step.
Especially with the badge arcade bunny hinting at a brighter future for Ashley, which may be smash ultimate.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Especially with the badge arcade bunny hinting at a brighter future for Ashley, which may be smash ultimate.
Was she already an assist trophy by the time that hint was dropped, or was it before?

But I do think Ashley has much more going for her this time and all the signs are in her favor.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Was she already an assist trophy by the time that hint was dropped, or was it before?

But I do think Ashley has much more going for her this time and all the signs are in her favor.
I believe the badge arcade started after Smash 4's release, so she was an Assist at the time.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I believe the badge arcade started after Smash 4's release, so she was an Assist at the time.
Which makes it more likely that they were hinting at something bigger for Ashley's future.

And the Badge Arcade was likely around during the beginning of Ultimate's development, and they were heavily pushing Ashley, so maybe that is a hint.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Oh yeah the Badge Arcade push was after her assist trophy was around for sure. So many Ashley's in badge arcade by the end that you can ususally see her atleast in one catcher a day.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Don't forget the Alternate Universe where Crazy Galaxy is a hit and a character from Ashley's game will be having her own spin off.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, while I don't think they would ever go with something like Crazy Galaxy as Ashley's own individual game(I feel they would stick closer to the magic element and stuff like that), I am curious if the characters they made due to Crazy Galaxy would make an appearance, be it major or as a little Easter egg to reference the joke.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Is the Warioware tag on the blog gone now?
I read someone saying it was gone but when I look it up it's still there... Makes me confused

Last edited:

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
I read someone saying it was gone but when I look it up it's still there... Makes me confused
It was a mistake, so I'm not surprised to hear it was fixed.

EDIT: To clarify, I think that was the only post on the entire English blog to have a series tag.

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
It's still not fixed for me, could be a cache Error but, as of now it's still donked up on my end on the u.s Smash bros website.

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
It's still not fixed for me, could be a cache Error but, as of now it's still donked up on my end on the u.s Smash bros website.
The tag is gone for me on the main page, but is still there if I go to the dedicated blog page. I think it's probably supposed to be gone on both, though - WarioWare isn't even an option in the "By Series" filter on the blog, yet "WarioWare" is available as a general filter alongside stuff like Stages and Items.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The tag is gone for me on the main page, but is still there if I go to the dedicated blog page. I think it's probably supposed to be gone on both, though - WarioWare isn't even an option in the "By Series" filter on the blog, yet "WarioWare" is available as a general filter alongside stuff like Stages and Items.
So it was just clearly an advertisement thing? Heh, I called it.

Regardless, I hope we see more Series tags for ease of finding stuff.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Took a lot of work for a pretty underwhelming graphic but here goes.

View attachment 155726

Each data point is the first post number of each day starting from E3 up until today.
Nice the news and release of Warioware Gold no doubt helped get her into peoples minds. Really great job on the graph thanks for the hard work.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Took a lot of work for a pretty underwhelming graphic but here goes.

View attachment 155726

Each data point is the first post number of each day starting from E3 up until today.
Pretty cool! Ashley was definitely the one who got the biggest kick from E3. K.Rool seems to have a high growth rate, and Isaac and Banana Dee have been much more steady.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Nice the news and release of Warioware Gold no doubt helped get her into peoples minds. Really great job on the graph thanks for the hard work.
Yeah, while I was making this I was thinking of reasons why we grew so immensely and others didn't. I think Gold has a ton to do with it. That first jump we had was pretty much entirely do to Gold speculation, while the second was much of the same because we expected there to be news because of it's worldwide release this week.

Oh yeah here's the link to the data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pGuKeiOVCmvI2y6vdKT19RCq6r9lsdbECyocLZWs5GY/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Graph solidifies Ashley's status as best girl around these here newcommer threads.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Graph solidifies Ashley's status as best girl around these here newcommer threads.
Speaking of, I was gonna do Dixie, Lip, and Geno but I decided not to after seeing that the Bandana Dee thread had a surprising amount of dead air in it.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Why do I feel like the Ashley Empire is only gonna grow from here...?
6DD45245-79D2-41E1-82C7-E534E337B8F4.jpeg
I feel like Ashley as a character has massive amounts of potential, I strongly feel like Nintendo including her in Smash would be a smart move on their part, I seriously feel as a character they have potential to really push her as a all-star.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Why do I feel like the Ashley Empire is only gonna grow from here...?View attachment 155729I feel like Ashley as a character has massive amounts of potential, I strongly feel like Nintendo including her in Smash would be a smart move on their part, I seriously feel as a character they have potential to really push her as a all-star.
I think Warioware needs to get a lot popular for that to happen. They already messed up by letting 1000 ways to die take its niche away on mobile, and not having a Warioware Switch at launch, meanwhile 1-2 switch sold ridiculously well because of its timing as a Switch tech demo. I think Ashley being in Smash would be a good way to get the word out more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom