• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

FarquadMoses

Smash Cadet
Unless they reveal Ashley in the finals at EVO then I guess now It's time to speculate a Nintendo Direct.

Anyone think We'll see a new direct within two weeks?
During the Smash 4 days we pretty much had a Nintendo direct every two months after Rosalina. Since the amount of time between E3 and Ultimate's release is so short I would imagine Nintendo having a similar pattern.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
During the Smash 4 days we pretty much had a Nintendo direct every two months after Rosalina. Since the amount of time between E3 and Ultimate's release is so short I would imagine Nintendo having a similar pattern.
But the Smash 4 game had a larger time frame to release information. Due to a shorter time frame before release, one would believe information would be coming out faster.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Wasn't there some tweet thst got people excited for Evo that said to look forward to sunday. It didn't mention Smash specifically but could be something too.

harukaamami

Smash Apprentice
Vergeben potentially confirming that Mimikyu IS NOT playable in the game brings mixed feelings for me. On one hand, Mimikyu was my most wanted Pokemon. On the other, it leaves Halloween open for Ashley. My idea was always that either Ashley or Mimikyu were going to be revealed on Halloween. Without Mimikyu around, I guess Ashley is the perfect Halloween reveal.

She even has a special Halloween song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc4_mGLShbg

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I am in the boat of taking Vergeben with a grain of salt, but man I would be worried if someone presses him for Ashley, and he said she isn't playable.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yep vergeben said that the same is true for lycanroc and and Geno 7 rep will happen

I'm only watching him cautiously (both believing And not believing)

Personally I can see

Incinoroar
Zygrade (complete) (I know gen 6 but techniquely 7 since the forms are introduce)
A ultra beast
And necrozma

As possible

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm not taking Vergeben seriously just because he made a few lucky guesses, and I'd advise everyone here to do the same. Anyone can claim to have "sources" and make a few lucky guesses.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Besides Ashley's extreme popularity, who do you guys and gals think the second popular WarioWare character is? I'm not talking about Wario either, since he outranks all of them. Wah hah hah!

Jokes aside, I always thought Mona or 9-Volt was at least the second popular character behind Wario in the old days before Touched. After Ashley was introduced, Ashley seemed to have overtaken both of them by storm, so I'm curious as to how the popularity list looks now.
I believe that Mona has a decent amount of popularity, thanks to being a romantic option for the Wah.

1. Wario
2. Ashley
3. 9-Volt
4. Kat and Ana (Smash is a big audience)
5. Mona and Jimmy T
6. Everyone Else
Poor Penny, she tries so hard.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...scene_frames_within_warioware_gold_game_files

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Best Characters in Warioware are
1. Ashley
2. Ashley
3. Ashley
4. Ashley
5. Red

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
it seemed to me you put a good amount of thought and work into it so I didn't want you thinking it was underappreciated or anything.
I messaged Falkoopa for both of us, in the hopes we can get our movesets in the OP soon ^_^
Oh, well, thank you, haha. I won't lie, it would be pretty cool to have my moveset on the front page, but I just did it for fun.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm still waiting for Amazon Canada to have WarioWare Gold in stock, but I suppose I could always buy it digitally. It's important to show the franchise some love if we're getting Ashley.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I also don't believe in leakers unless they have an extensive and very through history, but I guess this might be worth considering:

And: https://twitter.com/DarkFalcon7/status/1025154425147584515?s=19

Note the dates. He said there was a correct 4chan leak out in the open as soon as that tweet began spreading the one with Ashley.
I know this guy. He says similar things to Vergeben on GFAQs. Nothing direct, mind you. More like... a second source, maybe? But yeah.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Oh, is that Lupenko? He was a credible source in leaking Marvel vs Capcom's 3 roster and I think the first Injustice as well. Hmm, this is interesting.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
Just realized something. Know how Ike is voiced slightly different with his Path of Radience and Radiant Dawn skin?
What if Ashley had 2 skins based on her original design (or game and wario but with red eyes) voiced by Peyser, and her Gold design voiced by Lindbeck?

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
While I don't believe leaks, have any of them ever deconfirmed Ashley?

It seems like more of them have her being playable than not.

I think she still has a very good chance of being added along with Isabelle, K Rool, Geno, and Simon.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Vergeben potentially confirming that Mimikyu IS NOT playable in the game brings mixed feelings for me. On one hand, Mimikyu was my most wanted Pokemon. On the other, it leaves Halloween open for Ashley.
I would actually rule out October for an Ashley reveal if we assume Vergeben is completely correct. October is the most obvious and likely time for them to announce Simon Belmont, both with it being a fitting time of year and the second season of the Castlevania cartoon premiering on Netflix that month.
I also don't believe in leakers unless they have an extensive and very through history, but I guess this might be worth considering:

Note the dates. He said there was a correct 4chan leak out in the open as soon as that tweet began spreading the one with Ashley.
Who is this? Should I be interested in this?

Even if this is a reliable leaker, he doesn't specify which leak so this isn't exactly helpful.
To be honest, if Ashley does get revealed for Smash, I was planning on buying the game guaranteed.
I've been considering moving my Switch plans up from "buy one with Smash and Mario at Christmas" to "buy a Switch ASAP and get Smash day 1" in the event that Ashley's revealed.
Just realized something. Know how Ike is voiced slightly different with his Path of Radience and Radiant Dawn skin?
What if Ashley had 2 skins based on her original (or game and wario look but with red eyes) voiced by Peyser, and her Gold look voiced by Lindbeck?
It'd be rather difficult to tell them apart from a glance so that probably wouldn't happen, unfortunately.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
While I don't believe leaks, have any of them ever deconfirmed Ashley?

It seems like more of them have her being playable than not.

I think she still has a very good chance of being added along with Isabelle, K Rool, Geno, and Simon.
One Simonbelle leak says Ashley was an assist.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
I would actually rule out October for an Ashley reveal if we assume Vergeben is completely correct. October is the most obvious and likely time for them to announce Simon Belmont, both with it being a fitting time of year and the second season of the Castlevania cartoon premiering on Netflix that month.

Who is this? Should I be interested in this?

Even if this is a reliable leaker, he doesn't specify which leak so this isn't exactly helpful.

I've been considering moving my Switch plans up from "buy one with Smash and Mario at Christmas" to "buy a Switch ASAP and get Smash day 1" in the event that Ashley's revealed.

It'd be rather difficult to tell them apart from a glance so that probably wouldn't happen, unfortunately.
Fair enough, thought it'd be a decent way to include both voices. Only real differences would be her bangs and lack of stockings in her Gold look

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
One Simonbelle leak says Ashley was an assist.
But more leaks have her playable than not, or don't mention her either way. Same with Isabelle. It's entirely likely that both will get the promotion from assist to playable. Although I expect Isabelle to be an echo or semi-clone of Villager.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
One thing to realize is that no leak at this moment will have the full roster. If Nintendo really is keeping the roster on a need to know basis, then the only real leaks will be when a character is close to being revealed. Full roster leaks will likely show up in November.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Which is why I'm not believing any leak about the roster, no matter how "credible" the leaker is. Nintendo is keeping a much tighter lid on them this time compared to the Smash 4 development.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Just a little note, the person only said that Friday was a possibility, it says that regardless of the date Ashley will be the next character announced as Fightrr 66.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
But more leaks have her playable than not, or don't mention her either way. Same with Isabelle. It's entirely likely that both will get the promotion from assist to playable. Although I expect Isabelle to be an echo or semi-clone of Villager.
I know but you did ask for one. Regardless, the amount of leaks she's in doesn't matter. I doubt any of them are real. Although I do hope Vergeben adds her in just for the hype.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Remember, no matter how many leaks say that Ashley is or isn't playable, her chances are still just as good as they were after E3.

As with any character we want, we won't know for certain until they're officially revealed by Nintendo.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
From what I’ve heard I don’t think Vergeben has l been able to verify if Ashley is in the game or not.

Just thought I’d let you guys know.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
From what I’ve heard I don’t think Vergeben has l been able to verify if Ashley is in the game or not.

Just thought I’d let you guys know.
Vergeben doesn't know anything outside of what he has already publicized with the exception of the one character that he's not sure about (Which may or may not be the Gen 7 Pokemon)

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Since the Ashley hype hasn't died yet, what do you imagine her reveal trailer to look like?

My ideal trailer is Luigi investigating a haunted mansion with only a flashlight on a dark and stormy night. He's even more scared since he doesn't have his Poltergust. He hears some noise, and we see a small shadow move across the screen. It's Red messing with Luigi and having some fun with him. Luigi makes his way into another room and is terrified when he sees another shadow in the distance as well as a pair of red eyes. There's some lightning, and we finally see Ashley's figure in the light. Red transforms into her wand and she zaps Luigi when the lights come on and she's fully revealed.

Ashley's Song then plays when they show off her moveset, complete with her own Haunted Mansion/Diamond City stage.

Hat Kid

Smash Cadet
Since the Ashley hype hasn't died yet, what do you imagine her reveal trailer to look like?

My ideal trailer is Luigi investigating a haunted mansion with only a flashlight on a dark and stormy night. He's even more scared since he doesn't have his Poltergust. He hears some noise, and we see a small shadow move across the screen. It's Red messing with Luigi and having some fun with him. Luigi makes his way into another room and is terrified when he sees another shadow in the distance as well as a pair of red eyes. There's some lightning, and we finally see Ashley's figure in the light. Red transforms into her wand and she zaps Luigi when the lights come on and she's fully revealed.

Ashley's Song then plays when they show off her moveset, complete with her own Haunted Mansion/Diamond City stage.
I was actually thinking how her reveal would be like while at work yesterday and it was pretty much the same as what you said. Lol.

One thing however, would the trailer be in the style of “WarioWare” or “fully 3D rendered”? I couldn’t decide myself yesterday. It’s be interesting if they had it WarioWare art style but it would be an instant give away the second we see the trailer in that art style, and it might be a little more “epic” if you will in a 3D rendered trailer.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3

Ashley's Song then plays when they show off her moveset, complete with her own Haunted Mansion/Diamond City stage
I could very well see that happening in October, and we totally need a Diamond City stage! Complete it with various other WarioWare characters hanging out in the background like in the Animal crossing stages~

That being said I'm still hanging on to hope that there's going to be some kind of reveal this Evo weekend..
I was actually thinking how her reveal would be like while at work yesterday and it was pretty much the same as what you said. Lol.

One thing however, would the trailer be in the style of “WarioWare” or “fully 3D rendered”? I couldn’t decide myself yesterday. It’s be interesting if they had it WarioWare art style but it would be an instant give away the second we see the trailer in that art style, and it might be a little more “epic” if you will in a 3D rendered trailer.
Great idea, but if it was in the new style of WarioWare, it would give the reveal away much too soon, and Sakurai just enjoys surprising people too much to that! :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom