• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
there was also that now debunked "Ashley is a rising star" comment, which I have to give you credit that without you saying in that thread that you didn't believe it to be true, we would have never brought this to the attention of Source Gaming.
live footage of me trying to kill some self-inflicted spreading of misinformation, only to realize I didn't quite do it right

I don't think Ashley is meant to be an orphan exactly. The implication was more like that she has to live far away from her hometown as part of her witch apprenticeship. I think.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
I should be focused on my vacation tomorrow, but a potential reveal or at the very least a hint is all I'm concerned about at the moment

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Now this is getting interesting. If it is a 3DS focused Direct, there's no doubt that they'll mention WarioWare. And if they do, they could easily tie it into an Ashley reveal.

Not getting my hopes up, but man, this is getting both exciting and nervewracking.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
...Oh, what the heck.
Here is some Ashley art I made a few weeks ago:
HNI_0044_MPO.JPG

I also made a version with red eyes:
HNI_0046_MPO.JPG

This was done in Colors! 3D, btw.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I want it to be a 3DS focused direct with one single Switch thing..or maybe 2. Ashley reveal, and WarioWare Switch announced for next year since if that leak is accurate that's been in development too.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I also can't help but notice that WarioWare Gold is the default video when you click on the link. It's obvious they're going to talk about it.

This could be it, but it also could be nothing. I honestly have no idea what to think.

There's also a rumor about Luigi's Mansion 3DS coming out in October. They could also easily tie that into an Ashley reveal.

Last edited:

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
I don't recall if they've ever talked about or shown off Wii U or Switch-exclusive games in a 3DS-focused Direct. Sure, Shulk was revealed in a 3DS Direct, but Smash 4 was on the 3DS. Even if his trailer only had Wii U footage, it still was relevant to someone seeking 3DS news.

Not that I don't see the logic in tying an Ashley reveal to a 3DS Direct, I just don't know if there's any precedent for them going off-topic for the sake of promotion.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
About the 3DS private videos, there are merely old trailers, such as Zelda Triforce Heroes. Take the link of a video and search it on google, you'll find what it was.

Welp. Good on you for looking this up, though. Has Nintendo had a history of making old trailers private for no apparent reason?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
About the 3DS private videos, there are merely old trailers, such as Zelda Triforce Heroes. Take the link of a video and search it on google, you'll find what it was.

I still think we'll probably have a Direct this month, even if it won't be exclusively 3DS focused.

Strange that they made some older videos private.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Welp. Good on you for looking this up, though. Has Nintendo had a history of making old trailers private for no apparent reason?
I don't know much about this but apparently, they do that before removing completely videos.

I still think we'll probably have a Direct this month, even if it won't be exclusively 3DS focused.

Strange that they made some older videos private.
I do believe in a direct this month too, and except if the direct is really small, I doubt that we will get 3DS focused directs from now on.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Even if these private video listings mean nothing, a Direct is bound to happen soon, what with all the lack of Switch games, lack of Smash news, and the impending release of an online service that everyone still has questions about.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
I do believe in a direct this month too, and except if the direct is really small, I doubt that we will get 3DS focused directs from now on.
Even if these private video listings mean nothing, a Direct is bound to happen soon, what with all the lack of Switch games, lack of Smash news, and the impending release of an online service that everyone still has questions about.
I get the feeling the Gamescom appearance might be Nintendo's "news dump" for the month. Though I could see them doing a mini-Direct or maybe a 3DS-focused Direct before then.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
live footage of me trying to kill some self-inflicted spreading of misinformation, only to realize I didn't quite do it right

I don't think Ashley is meant to be an orphan exactly. The implication was more like that she has to live far away from her hometown as part of her witch apprenticeship. I think.
It's all good. At the very least, you got featured in an 11k view video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdpfvbGqIkU

I find it funny how you edited in the phrase "Yo lurkers, check this" which links to the bottom of the page where you tell us not to believe you, but it looks like you're hyping up the fake news you were about to spit. Not the most effective way to go about it, but you eventually did saved the wolrd.

Oh yeah her parents are still alive, so not technically an orphan. I'm not sure about the apprentice ship thing tho. I always kinda assumed that Ashley was a self taught witch (spoon teacher notwithstanding) who only gets help from Red.

Edit: Okay so I just learned an apprenticeship doesn't imply being an apprentice to someone. So all that you said makes sense.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I tend to forget that Paid Online is coming in September. Just for this, a Direct must happen, to clarify things or at least remind prices and such to people.

Leehzart

Smash Cadet
Here's a crazy theory.
At E3 we got three characters, so I'll say we are going to get the same pattern every reveal, one villian, one female and an echo.
What do you think?

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Here's a crazy theory.
At E3 we got three characters, so I'll say we are going to get the same pattern every reveal, one villian, one female and an echo.
What do you think?
I'll believe anything that makes me happy!!!

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
How often do we get directs? E3 was almost a couple months ago which was basically a direct. Are we about due for one?

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Here's a crazy theory.
What do you think?
That would require that they have specifically planned out the newcomer roster like that, which I doubt.
I don't see Sakurai putting himself under such a restriction when deciding characters.

Also Inkling isn't really a female character in my opinion, they count about as much as Corrin or Villager do
How often do we get directs? E3 was almost a couple months ago which was basically a direct. Are we about due for one?
About every 3-to-4 months from what I hear. Though right now is a weird case, where there's a bunch of things coming soon that we could use info/reminders on like the Switch's online service, and yet Nintendo is still silent. This is why some are predicting a Direct so relatively "early" after E3.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
There's been a drought of information since E3, and I think that's why people are predicting a Direct this month. Particularly with the lack of Smash info and info about the online service coming out next month. Nintendo should get that information out there sooner rather than later.

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
It's all good. At the very least, you got featured in an 11k view video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdpfvbGqIkU

I find it funny how you edited in the phrase "Yo lurkers, check this" which links to the bottom of the page where you tell us not to believe you, but it looks like you're hyping up the fake news you were about to spit. Not the most effective way to go about it, but you eventually did saved the wolrd.

Oh yeah her parents are still alive, so not technically an orphan. I'm not sure about the apprentice ship thing tho. I always kinda assumed that Ashley was a self taught witch (spoon teacher notwithstanding) who only gets help from Red.
At first I put a big bold warning before the OP saying I was sure it was nonsense , but I changed it to that after seeing people on Resetera and w/e were still linking to the stupid thing despite the disclaimer. Why I replaced it with something even less efficient, I can't tell. Beside that I'm an idiot.

Ashley's stage in Smooth Moves has her learning to do a spell from everyone's favourite WarioWare character, the floating sapient spell book, who could be a teaching figure. At this point, I'm in dangerously radioactive levels of putting way more thoughts into the deep WarioWare lore than its developers ever did, though!

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Even in the unfortunate chance she ends up as an assist trophy, we still need to support her. Especially if DLC happens. They've never upgraded an assist to playable in the same game, and clearly she'd have competition in that regard, but just in case it's possible we gotta support her even in the worst case scenario.

The Eternal Penguin

Smash Apprentice
Even in the unfortunate chance she ends up as an assist trophy, we still need to support her. Especially if DLC happens. They've never upgraded an assist to playable in the same game, and clearly she'd have competition in that regard, but just in case it's possible we gotta support her even in the worst case scenario.
I will support Ashley through death. Even if she is an assist trophy this game I will push for her as dlc.

But we need to make sure we don’t riot, that would not look good.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm pretty confident in her chances, but if worse comes to worse we need to remain calm.
I'm quite sure Waluigi will never be in Smash because of this E3.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B8L6xrNXTUY

WiiUGamer12 Posted a video about a leak claiming that Chorus Kids, Belmont, Sora etc. are new fighters.
He says that Ashely is an assist trohpy.

I’m pretty sure it’s fake and I want it to be fake, but you can check it out if you havent.
That guy is like "massive LEAK" in every single video. He just finds any leak and makes videos on it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm pretty confident in her chances, but if worse comes to worse we need to remain calm.
I'm quite sure Waluigi will never be in Smash because of this E3.
Well, it means he isn't coming to Ultimate as is. Whether or not he could get in in a future game is too hard to say.

Top Bottom