• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B8L6xrNXTUY

WiiUGamer12 Posted a video about a leak claiming that Chorus Kids, Belmont, Sora etc. are new fighters.
He says that Ashely is an assist trohpy.

I’m pretty sure it’s fake and I want it to be fake, but you can check it out if you havent.
Yeah, that one lost me at Sora. I'm pretty sure that's not happening.

There are just as many leaks that say Ashley is playable, so I'm not buying any leak until Nintendo officially confirms it.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
At first I put a big bold warning before the OP saying I was sure it was nonsense , but I changed it to that after seeing people on Resetera and w/e were still linking to the stupid thing despite the disclaimer. Why I replaced it with something even less efficient, I can't tell. Beside that I'm an idiot.

Ashley's stage in Smooth Moves has her learning to do a spell from everyone's favourite WarioWare character, the floating sapient spell book, who could be a teaching figure. At this point, I'm in dangerously radioactive levels of putting way more thoughts into the deep WarioWare lore than its developers ever did, though!
Oh I love dissecting pop media like this! You don't really have to invest a whole lot of time to discuss it and when you do you find that other people come up with different conclusions from yours. It brings me back to when I was analyzing short poems back in 12th grade English.

So while I don't think Ashley's particularly deep, there is a lot holes you can fill into her story and conjecture you could make regarding her character. Me and meleesmasher have done a lot of that in past pages, and it's just fun

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
By any chance, does anyone know if those Japanese WarioWare Gold displays are for sale anywhere? I'm looking around for Ashley merch, and while I know the game just came out yesterday in Japan, that kind of stuff is always at the top of my list.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Oh god, if Ashley gets deconfirmed, I'll probably lay low for a while. I really do not want to be a part of one of those meme cringe compilations.

I honestly laughed a little
"Peach is in the game, make do with that you perverted pigs"
Some of these people make Ashley supporters look bad

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Uh... Sora can happen. The hard part is really how the Disney-related content would be handled. Getting the character in isn't honestly that hard alone. It's a matter of Disney asking the creator to say yes. Boom, done. The details aren't as hard as the basic licensing of Sora alone. Though Geno has an easier chance, imo(due to less licensing nightmares).

As for Ashley, while I want her playable, her being an AT again is of course possible. When it comes to that leak, you need better details than "just this character in this role" to write it off. Is the leaker credible? Are we talking about someone like Goku(who is impossible due to Sakurai's rules on non-game characters, namely 3rd parties)? Etc. I won't put any real beliefs into a leak in general, regardless of biases, because we need details first and foremost.

I honestly laughed a little
"Peach is in the game, make do with that you perverted pigs"
...Of course you can tell this is fake by this alone. Not necessarily the "leaked contents", heh.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just pre-ordered Warioware Gold! It looks so fun!
A voice told me if I bought the game Ashley would become playable!
Or maybe I was dreaming...
Oh well!

Last edited:

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Uh... Sora can happen. The hard part is really how the Disney-related content would be handled. Getting the character in isn't honestly that hard alone. It's a matter of Disney asking the creator to say yes. Boom, done.
I feel like the problem with Sora is that I couldn't see Disney agreeing to have him in Smash before, like, a dozen other Disney characters.

He's not the only third-party to have this problem IMO, but he's perhaps the most glaring.
Just pre-ordered Warioware Gold! It looks so fun!
A voice told me if I bought the game Ashley would become playable!
Or maybe I was dreaming...
Oh well!
As long as the voice didn't say "I have granted kids to Hell", you're good.

cybersai

Smash Ace
The big question is, if Ashley isn't playable...who on earth is going to be the new roster this time around? There really aren't many other popular choices to choose from, besides the obvious Dixie/K Rool, maybe Geno, etc.

Ashley seems to be one of the most likely choices, if she doesn't make it....I have no idea who Sakurai is going to fill the roster with unless we really do only get like 5 newcomers or something...which would be disappointing.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The big question is, if Ashley isn't playable...who on earth is going to be the new roster this time around? There really aren't many other popular choices to choose from, besides the obvious Dixie/K Rool, maybe Geno, etc.

Ashley seems to be one of the most likely choices, if she doesn't make it....I have no idea who Sakurai is going to fill the roster with unless we really do only get like 5 newcomers or something...which would be disappointing.
There are certainly many Newcomers who could make it even if Ashley doesn't. but Smash is running out of the best of the best Video Game icons and has to start looking at characters who are interesting and popular, but not quite Mario and Pikachu levels. Kind of like, you know, Ashley.

Last edited:

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman

Isabelle comes to mind, for me. Animal Crossing is considered overdue for a second rep, and Isabelle is one of the most recognizable characters Nintendo's put out period in recent times. And for 3rd-parties, I think people are sleeping on Heihachi and Simon Belmont (at least the Vergeben deniers anyway).
Another possibility I don't see many people consider is that Ridley may've been the only "fanservice" character, with the rest following the same pattern of "prioritize recent and successful titles" that Smash 4's newcomers generally followed. I don't think this will necessarily be the case due to lack of evidence and there being circumstantial evidence against it, but it is possible.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
The next blog update should happen shortly. They usully happen just after 9:00pm Eastern. If there's no mention of Ashley, then she still has a shot.

I'm hoping it's a WarioWare stage or the Katana AT, which still leaves the door open for our favorite witch.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

I am a big supporter for Geno, and he has a lot going for him. Though I don't support him much, I think Travis Touchdown is a big one people are sleeping on. He has a big history with Nintendo, a game coming soon, his creator is a friend of Sakurai and has voiced his desire to get him in Smash to the point of asking Sakurai on several occasions(We could have another case of Snake), and Bayonetta showed M rated characters could get in the game.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Isabelle comes to mind, for me. Animal Crossing is considered overdue for a second rep, and Isabelle is one of the most recognizable characters Nintendo's put out period in recent times. And for 3rd-parties, I think people are sleeping on Heihachi and Simon Belmont (at least the Vergeben deniers anyway).
Another possibility I don't see many people consider is that Ridley may've been the only "fanservice" character, with the rest following the same pattern of "prioritize recent and successful titles" that Smash 4's newcomers generally followed. I don't think this will necessarily be the case due to lack of evidence and there being circumstantial evidence against it, but it is possible.
Ridley was the obvious fanservice character for the West. Ashley would easily fit the bill for a fanservice character for Japan if Sakurai goes in that direction unless there's another character who is very popular in Japan that has a realistic shot at being added.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace

Some guy I was debating gave me a decent list: Either Decidueye or Incineroar, Dixie, Elma, Isabelle, Octoling, Chorus Kids, Paper Mario, and Simon Belmont. You also have to take into account 1 or 2 characters that no one would expect getting in, tho thats probably covered if Simon gets in.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I feel like the problem with Sora is that I couldn't see Disney agreeing to have him in Smash before, like, a dozen other Disney characters.
Eh, seems easy to me. It's not hard for them to say yes at all to Sora. It's a matter if his creator is good with that idea. If so, boom, done. The details of what to include from other Disney works is the actual issue. Saying yes to "Sora" is not hard. Saying yes to "everything else" is, basically.

There's definitely issues, it's just not as simple as "a 3rd party company is hard to work with". You're working with two 3rd party companies for Sora. Considering the content in Kingdom Hearts has multiple song creators, Disney to work with as is, Disney characters(which might get trophies due to their notability as is, as I can see Sakurai agreeing to that itself at best. I mean, don't forget that he has no issues with trophies that aren't specifically from a game itself. Remember the Misty trophy in Melee? That's specifically her Anime portrayal. He even references the anime in context to Pokemon Trainer alone. It's not a big issue in itself for Trophies. Assist Trophies and Characters are a clear different ballpark. Besides that, using the KH specific versions of Disney, Donald, and Goofy would make a lot of sense in itself. Well, that and some of the other KH originals. So the biggest issue at best would be either A) Sakurai not allowing any character that wasn't from a game first as even a Trophy or B) Disney charging too damn much for the content).

It's simply a lot more complicated than you're making it, yet also easier than you're making it. Funny that, heh.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace

Well, I'm the probably only one who feels as if he has a great chance for being 3rd party but zero oofy

Noipoi

Howdy!
The only problem with Sora is how Sakurai handles all the Disney stuff.
If he chooses to ignore that Sora could come in with no issues at all.

Dilliciouz

Smash Cadet
Won't lie, if sora got in and donald and goofy became assist trophies and they act like how they did in the chain of memories games when you summoned them to attack heartless that'd be pretty rad.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The only problem with Sora is how Sakurai handles all the Disney stuff.
If he chooses to ignore that Sora could come in with no issues at all.
I do think any interaction with Disney might be to far in Sakurai's book. The community has made a lot of "rules" for Smash Bros, but Sakurai not wanting non video game Ip's as characters is very real. Sora might just get to close than Sakurai is willing. Plus, I really don't see Square forcing Sakurai to choose Sora. They were very hands off while Sakurai made Cloud(I was shocked by that), and the idea of a company saying you have to pick a character they don't even have the rights to seems unlikely, even for Square.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I do think any interaction with Disney might be to far in Sakurai's book. The community has made a lot of "rules" for Smash Bros, but Sakurai not wanting non video game Ip's as characters is very real. Sora might just get to close than Sakurai is willing. Plus, I really don't see Square forcing Sakurai to choose Sora. They were very hands off while Sakurai made Cloud(I was shocked by that), and the idea of a company saying you have to pick a character they don't even have the rights to seems unlikely, even for Square.
Assist Trophies are not playable characters. He also doesn't care nearly that much about what the "players" think in regards to that. It's just a matter of how he feels specifically. It's also a good reason to expect them as no more than regular trophies too, which we know isn't a problem inherently.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
The thing about these "leaks" is that anyone can make them. Anybody can say that they have a "source" to tell them about certain characters and anyone can create an account to post random "leaks" on 4Chan or GameFAQs. I could post a "leak" right now and people would believe it. This is why we shouldn't take what some random YouTuber says seriously without a huge grain of salt.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Congrats on 100 PAGES everyone! And Welcome Hat Kid Hat Kid ^_^

I finally finished my Ashley Moveset! So glad I got it done before tomorrow! Here it is:

Ashley’s Moveset:

The idea in mind I have for Ashley involves around having a variable amount of options and mix ups to choose from by being able to transform Red into various summons and throwing in her debuffing potions and ranged spells into the mix. Her strength lies in her unpredictability even to veterans of the match up becuz several of her moves have the chance to bestow/cause different effects each time they are used so that they can be greater capitalized upon in certain situations. She’s got an average running speed, a lightweight without being too floaty and a great aerial mobility with 2 jumps so she can get kill confirms off her spells and summons in conjunction with the effects her potions bestow. Her potions and spells act as projectiles, so she can have out more than one at time. So I’d call her something of a zoner type character who is able to keep surprising her opponents at every turn!
However, one final thing to note is Ashley is still an aspiring ‘mediocre magician’, so sometimes her special moves have a 10% chance of having no added effect at all, or Red won’t transform and will just do a regular attack instead. What’s a little witch to do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Specials:

B Neutral: Potion Toss!
Ashley chucks potions that come in clear vials, test tubes, and bottles so you can see what color they come in as she throws them. Along with normal damage and stun, each of the different colors denote a different effect so you can know how to react once you hit your opponent with them, and the different containers they come in will slightly affect their trajectory. While under the effect, bubbles the color of the potion she threw will pop and fizz around her victim. When you throw them, they travel in an upwards arc before falling down to the ground, (Think of an upside-down U shape.) so you can score a hit with them after a combo or use them to control space to deter your opponent from approaching. You can also affect their range by flicking left or right on the control stick after pressing B.

Potion effects:
Potions work like Game & Watch’s hammer move. They come in one of nine random colors when thrown. You can usually have out up to 2 of them in the air at one time, but if the opponent is already under a certain effect from one, that effect won’t change or stack if you hit them with another potion, they’ll just have received the normal damage and stun. That’s becuz each effect has a duration of 5 to 15 seconds, and they can only be under one effect at any given time.

1. Red - adds a fire effect that does ongoing damage, like Lip’s Stick. (Duration 7 secs)
  2. Orange - damage they can deal to you is decreased. (Duration 15 secs)
  3. Yellow - damage Ashley is able to deal is increased. (Duration 15 secs)
  4. Lime Green - enemy traction is decreased, they become slippery. (Duration 12 secs)
  5. Green - enemy running speed is decreased, not their moves or aerial speed. (12 secs)
  6. Lite Blue - enemy becomes lighter, able to be knocked back farther. (Duration 10 secs)
  7. Blue - enemy falls faster and has shorter jumps, juggle them! (Duration 10 secs)
  8. Purple - SLOW! Works like Bayo’s Witch Time! (Duration 5 secs)
  9. Black - Mini effect! Works like they ate a Poison Mushroom! (Duration 5 secs)
Smash B: Tri Attack!
This is a spell move that borrows from the animation the Magikoopa enemy uses in Super Mario World. It will even make that same cool sound when produced! For reference, check out this video:

The spell travels throughout the air in much the same way, so it travels slowly but far, and you can angle it in several ways like Magikoopa it by smashing/lightly flicking up or down on the control stick. But unlike Magikoopa you can have out up to 2 of them at one time, and instead turning blocks into generic Mario enemies, it will have 1 of 3 stun effects along with it’s dmg based on it’s flashing color the moment it connects.

1. Red - it will be as if they got hit by an explosive projectile.
  2. Yellow - they will be shocked in place, works like Zamus stun gun.
  3. Blue - they will be temporarily frozen, works like PK Freeze.
B Down: Spellbook Counter!
Ashley holds her sentient spellbook in front of her to guard against incoming attacks. This move is a trapping move that does not work on projectiles. Instead of immediately countering with an attack like other counters do, the spellbook closes shut on the attacker and traps them inside! After this Ashley is free to move around while the spellbook keeps them in place where the counter happened. You can then press B+Up/Down/Left/Right for the spellbook to spit them back out in that direction, which means while they are inside you are limited from using any of your Specials besides Potion Toss. So if you try to use this in the air with no ground beneath you… well, you’re toast! Be careful, becuz your opponent has the chance to break out of this quickly if their damage is too low, so it basically works like any grab and throw move, except you have the ability to walk away from it and ready another attack for them or a Potion Toss for a follow up.

B Up: Broomstick!
Ashley turns Red into a broom she can fly around on freely for a short period of time. She can fly in any direction, and the longer you hold a specific direction, the faster she will accelerate in that direction as well. She takes on that cute animation from WarioWare of her nonchalantly sitting on the side of it while she zooms around~ The move works like R.O.B.’s in that it takes time to charge back up after getting the full use of it. So if you keep using it too much, and for too long each time, you won’t be getting much distance off from it in consecutive uses. It’s better to use it only when you need to recover, or in short bursts to keep it active. Ashley’s wand is the indicator of how long you can use the broom, the brighter the red orb at the end of it glows, the longer you can use it. Ashley can still airdodge, use other specials, and attack while on her broom but some of them will be limited as she uses Red for a few of her aerial attacks. Red is her ride after all~

Smash Attacks:

Ashley’s Smash attacks all revolve around her transforming Red into various summons/enemies from popular Nintendo games. Namely Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. Each Smash attack has a 30% chance to be one of these creatures that attack in different ways as to send the opponent flying in different directions. They also have different ranges and animations. (think of how Peach’s F-smash works.)
Also of course, Ashley’s hair flashes stark white whenever she transforms red into one of these things!

Forward Smash:

F-smash summons an ally to take on opposing damage for you in the front while attacking at the same time; think of them as a character performing a F-smash while having Hyper/Super Armor. So if you see a powerful projectile or charge move coming your way, F-smash is a good tactic!

1. Chain Chomp - the chain chomp from Mario comes out to stall for half a sec, then lunge forward. It’s chained to the ground so it can’t go far, but this version of the F-smash has the most range.
  2. Armos - the living statue that hops around from Zelda come out to swipe it’s sword. This is the quickest version of her F-smash.
  3. Golett - the Ghost/Ground type mecha from Pokemon comes out swinging an uppercut. This has more of a vertical knockback than the other F-smashes.
Down Smash:

1. Piranha Plant - the pipe plant from Mario comes out to bite at both sides beneath you. Sends enemies away and to the side at a lower trajectory than the others.
  2. Octorok - instead of shooting a rock like it does in Zelda, it does a little spin with its tentacles to swipe enemies away at both sides.
  3. Gengar - Gengar delves into the ground around Ashley, turning into a shadow to suck foes in before spitting them away. This is like a move from Pokken Tournament. It has vertical knockback, think of it as like Bowser’s old D-smash.

Up Smash:
  1. Spiny - Ashley holds Spiny from Mario above her. This move has ‘Shell Armor’ so it protects her from most attacks from above but not the sides.
  2. Peahat - one of those weird plant thingies from Zelda with the copter blades appear above Ashley. This behaves like one of the U-smashes such as Link’s or Pit’s. It has the most range to the sides compared to her other U-smashes.
  3. Misdreavus - the screeching Ghost Pokemon appears over Ashley to emit a sonic sound wave/dark aura to blast foes away. It has a powerful sweet spot in the center.

Tilts & Aerials:

F-tilt: Ashley pokes out her wand in front of her, and there is a puff of smoke and a flash. Two hitboxes come from this attack, one when she moves her wand forward and the 2nd from the flash. The 1st hit will usually knock opponents into the 2nd, which can be powerful if sweet spotted. You can angle this tilt up or down.
D-tilt: Ashley swipes her wand horizontally at her feet. This attack plops enemies up for a Potion Toss or a follow up.
U-tilt: Ashley whips her gorgeous twin tails above her in a beautiful arc~ This attack acts like a sword swiping move to quickly cover the area around her.
Fair: once again, Ashley’s hair flashes white as she transforms Red into a variety of things. (30% chance of each)
  1. Boo - the ghoul from mario comes out to whip his tongue at enemies. This is quick and sends em straight forward.
  2. Poe - the eerie souls from Zelda come out brandishing a lantern with will-o’-the-wisps to drag opponents in and the send them flying away. This is the most damaging of the fairs.
  3. Crobat - the Poison/Flying type bat from Pokemon does an aerial flip out in front of Ashley. This attack has more vertical knockback than the other two.
Bair: Ashley swings the poor hapless Red by his tail for a quick swipe behind her. This move can be chained into itself from shorthops and stuffs.
Nair: A flash will happen as Ashley performs one of several poses from WarioWare or Badge Arcade, while spouting out quotes like, “That’s right!” or “Hocus Pocus”, etc. These poses are merely aesthetic, as the large hitbox around her that comes from the flash will always behave the same.
Uair: Ashley once again relies on Red by holding him above her while he stabs his pitchfork upwards into the air. This move has two hitboxes, the hitbox from the fork is the vertical launcher, while the hitbox from Red’s moving body is the sour spot that has the potential to semi-spike.
Dair: Ashley pokes her wand underneath her while a puff of smoke and a flash appears. Two hitboxes come from this attack, one when she moves her wand downward and the 2nd from the flash, which is a powerful spike when sweet spotted. This move is very similar to F-tilt, however the 1st hit will not lead opponents into the 2nd, it will knock them off to the side. You will have to use good timing and spacing if you want the sweet spot to connect!

Remaining Attacks, Taunts, & Victories

Jab: Ashley swipes twice with her wand and then begins spinning it, you can see sparks coming from it as it spins. She then ends off the jab with a poof of smoke blasts you away.
Dash Attack: Ashley spins her whole body forward while her twin tails stretch out doing so. This has a lot of range for a dash attack and it acts similar to Megaman’s.

Grab: Red grabs for Ashley, and he pummels with his claws.
Down throw: This one is fun! Ashley drops you into a boiling pot and stirs it for a bit adding dmg until you explode out of it! Most damaging throw, and a stall tactic.
Up throw: The pot again, except no stirring this time and you shoot straight up!
Forward throw: Red boots you forward.
Back throw: Red swings you back and Ashley finishes you off with a whip of her hair behind her.

Taunts:
Up taunt: Ashley’s hair glows white and her trademark transformation lightning zaps at all angles from her wand as she holds it above her. She also exclaims, “You’re Toast!”
Side taunt: Ashley shrugs and shakes her head while saying, “You must be cursed…”
Down taunt: Ashley pulls out her bunny and hugs it while protectively pulling it away from your view. She gives you scowl/glare while doing so, but you can also notice there’s a slight blush on her cheeks. daaaw~ (.^ ^.)

Victory Screens:
  1. Ashley can be seen dancing with several of her coworkers/(friends?) from the WarioWare series. Though sometimes she’s just standing there looking agitated lol
  2. Ashley is standing on top a pile of spellbooks while stirring a large witch’s pot, with a shadow on her face. Sometimes Red can be seen spinning in the pot. Poor Red!
  3. Red sings, “Who's the girl next door living in the haunted mansion?” -- Ashley interrupts standing in front of him, pointing her wand towards the screen and menacingly asks us, “Did you learn my name by now?”

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think that any other WarioWare character (excluding Wario himself, because he's already playable) would get in before Ashley.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Assist Trophies are not playable characters. He also doesn't care nearly that much about what the "players" think in regards to that. It's just a matter of how he feels specifically. It's also a good reason to expect them as no more than regular trophies too, which we know isn't a problem inherently.
True. No matter what with Sora though, Disney is gonna become apart of the equation. All up to how Sakurai feels. I do think Geno has the leg up over Sora, since we know that Sakurai wants him and that he gets a lot of requests, so I can easily see Sakurai going for him over Sora. There is also the fact that Geno has the "Path of least resistance advantage," as Sakurai has worked to get his rights before with the costume, so it can be done.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
True. No matter what with Sora though, Disney is gonna become apart of the equation. All up to how Sakurai feels. I do think Geno has the leg up over Sora, since we know that Sakurai wants him and that he gets a lot of requests, so I can easily see Sakurai going for him over Sora. There is also the fact that Geno has the "Path of least resistance advantage," as Sakurai has worked to get his rights before with the costume, so it can be done.
Considering Geno and Sora are owned by two different companies(though both are related to Square, but in opposite ways. Square's thing with Sora is more akin to what Nintendo has with Geno), not much really. It depends mostly on Disney for Sora where Square easily can work together with Sakurai on both. It's actually really easy to get both as long the Disney content isn't an issue or they aren't interested enough to ask his creator to do so. Even the KH music is somewhat easy with the main FF music composer on Sakurai's team overall.

I wouldn't consider Square the hard part to work with at all. Sakurai and Disney are actually the more stubborn ones. Kind of ironic, as SE has been known for being hard to work with in the past.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

I finally finished my Ashley Moveset! So glad I got it done before tomorrow! Here it is:

Ashley’s Moveset:

The idea in mind I have for Ashley involves around having a variable amount of options and mix ups to choose from by being able to transform Red into various summons and throwing in her debuffing potions and ranged spells into the mix. Her strength lies in her unpredictability even to veterans of the match up becuz several of her moves have the chance to bestow/cause different effects each time they are used so that they can be greater capitalized upon in certain situations. She’s got an average running speed, a lightweight without being too floaty and a great aerial mobility with 2 jumps so she can get kill confirms off her spells and summons in conjunction with the effects her potions bestow. Her potions and spells act as projectiles, so she can have out more than one at time. So I’d call her something of a zoner type character who is able to keep surprising her opponents at every turn!
However, one final thing to note is Ashley is still an aspiring ‘mediocre magician’, so sometimes her special moves have a 10% chance of having no added effect at all, or Red won’t transform and will just do a regular attack instead. What’s a little witch to do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Specials:

Ashley chucks potions that come in clear vials, test tubes, and bottles so you can see what color they come in as she throws them. Along with normal damage and stun, each of the different colors denote a different effect so you can know how to react once you hit your opponent with them, and the different containers they come in will slightly affect their trajectory. While under the effect, bubbles the color of the potion she threw will pop and fizz around her victim. When you throw them, they travel in an upwards arc before falling down to the ground, (Think of an upside-down U shape.) so you can score a hit with them after a combo or use them to control space to deter your opponent from approaching. You can also affect their range by flicking left or right on the control stick after pressing B.

Potion effects:
Potions work like Game & Watch’s hammer move. They come in one of nine random colors when thrown. You can usually have out up to 2 of them in the air at one time, but if the opponent is already under a certain effect from one, that effect won’t change or stack if you hit them with another potion, they’ll just have received the normal damage and stun. That’s becuz each effect has a duration of 5 to 15 seconds, and they can only be under one effect at any given time.

1. Red - adds a fire effect that does ongoing damage, like Lip’s Stick. (Duration 7 secs)
  4. Lime Green - enemy traction is decreased, they become slippery. (Duration 12 secs)
  5. Green - enemy running speed is decreased, not their moves or aerial speed. (12 secs)
  6. Lite Blue - enemy becomes lighter, able to be knocked back farther. (Duration 10 secs)
  7. Blue - enemy falls faster and has shorter jumps, juggle them! (Duration 10 secs)
  9. Black - Mini effect! Works like they ate a Poison Mushroom! (Duration 5 secs)
This is a spell move that borrows from the animation the Magikoopa enemy uses in Super Mario World. It will even make that same cool sound when produced! For reference, check out this video:

The spell travels throughout the air in much the same way, so it travels slowly but far, and you can angle it in several ways like Magikoopa it by smashing/lightly flicking up or down on the control stick. But unlike Magikoopa you can have out up to 2 of them at one time, and instead turning blocks into generic Mario enemies, it will have 1 of 3 stun effects along with it’s dmg based on it’s flashing color the moment it connects.

Ashley holds her sentient spellbook in front of her to guard against incoming attacks. This move is a trapping move that does not work on projectiles. Instead of immediately countering with an attack like other counters do, the spellbook closes shut on the attacker and traps them inside! After this Ashley is free to move around while the spellbook keeps them in place where the counter happened. You can then press B+Up/Down/Left/Right for the spellbook to spit them back out in that direction, which means while they are inside you are limited from using any of your Specials besides Potion Toss. So if you try to use this in the air with no ground beneath you… well, you’re toast! Be careful, becuz your opponent has the chance to break out of this quickly if their damage is too low, so it basically works like any grab and throw move, except you have the ability to walk away from it and ready another attack for them or a Potion Toss for a follow up.

Ashley turns Red into a broom she can fly around on freely for a short period of time. She can fly in any direction, and the longer you hold a specific direction, the faster she will accelerate in that direction as well. She takes on that cute animation from WarioWare of her nonchalantly sitting on the side of it while she zooms around~ The move works like R.O.B.’s in that it takes time to charge back up after getting the full use of it. So if you keep using it too much, and for too long each time, you won’t be getting much distance off from it in consecutive uses. It’s better to use it only when you need to recover, or in short bursts to keep it active. Ashley’s wand is the indicator of how long you can use the broom, the brighter the red orb at the end of it glows, the longer you can use it. Ashley can still airdodge, use other specials, and attack while on her broom but some of them will be limited as she uses Red for a few of her aerial attacks. Red is her ride after all~

Smash Attacks:

Ashley’s Smash attacks all revolve around her transforming Red into various summons/enemies from popular Nintendo games. Namely Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. Each Smash attack has a 30% chance to be one of these creatures that attack in different ways as to send the opponent flying in different directions. They also have different ranges and animations. (think of how Peach’s F-smash works.)
Also of course, Ashley’s hair flashes stark white whenever she transforms red into one of these things!

Forward Smash:

F-smash summons an ally to take on opposing damage for you in the front while attacking at the same time; think of them as a character performing a F-smash while having Hyper/Super Armor. So if you see a powerful projectile or charge move coming your way, F-smash is a good tactic!

1. Chain Chomp - the chain chomp from Mario comes out to stall for half a sec, then lunge forward. It’s chained to the ground so it can’t go far, but this version of the F-smash has the most range.
  2. Armos - the living statue that hops around from Zelda come out to swipe it’s sword. This is the quickest version of her F-smash.
  3. Golett - the Ghost/Ground type mecha from Pokemon comes out swinging an uppercut. This has more of a vertical knockback than the other F-smashes.
Down Smash:

1. Piranha Plant - the pipe plant from Mario comes out to bite at both sides beneath you. Sends enemies away and to the side at a lower trajectory than the others.
  2. Octorok - instead of shooting a rock like it does in Zelda, it does a little spin with its tentacles to swipe enemies away at both sides.
  3. Gengar - Gengar delves into the ground around Ashley, turning into a shadow to suck foes in before spitting them away. This is like a move from Pokken Tournament. It has vertical knockback, think of it as like Bowser’s old D-smash.

Up Smash:
  1. Spiny - Ashley holds Spiny from Mario above her. This move has ‘Shell Armor’ so it protects her from most attacks from above but not the sides.
  2. Peahat - one of those weird plant thingies from Zelda with the copter blades appear above Ashley. This behaves like one of the U-smashes such as Link’s or Pit’s. It has the most range to the sides compared to her other U-smashes.
  3. Misdreavus - the screeching Ghost Pokemon appears over Ashley to emit a sonic sound wave/dark aura to blast foes away. It has a powerful sweet spot in the center.

Tilts & Aerials:

F-tilt: Ashley pokes out her wand in front of her, and there is a puff of smoke and a flash. Two hitboxes come from this attack, one when she moves her wand forward and the 2nd from the flash. The 1st hit will usually knock opponents into the 2nd, which can be powerful if sweet spotted. You can angle this tilt up or down.
D-tilt: Ashley swipes her wand horizontally at her feet. This attack plops enemies up for a Potion Toss or a follow up.
U-tilt: Ashley whips her gorgeous twin tails above her in a beautiful arc~ This attack acts like a sword swiping move to quickly cover the area around her.
Fair: once again, Ashley’s hair flashes white as she transforms Red into a variety of things. (30% chance of each)
  1. Boo - the ghoul from mario comes out to whip his tongue at enemies. This is quick and sends em straight forward.
  2. Poe - the eerie souls from Zelda come out brandishing a lantern with will-o’-the-wisps to drag opponents in and the send them flying away. This is the most damaging of the fairs.
  3. Crobat - the Poison/Flying type bat from Pokemon does an aerial flip out in front of Ashley. This attack has more vertical knockback than the other two.
Bair: Ashley swings the poor hapless Red by his tail for a quick swipe behind her. This move can be chained into itself from shorthops and stuffs.
Nair: A flash will happen as Ashley performs one of several poses from WarioWare or Badge Arcade, while spouting out quotes like, “That’s right!” or “Hocus Pocus”, etc. These poses are merely aesthetic, as the large hitbox around her that comes from the flash will always behave the same.
Uair: Ashley once again relies on Red by holding him above her while he stabs his pitchfork upwards into the air. This move has two hitboxes, the hitbox from the fork is the vertical launcher, while the hitbox from Red’s moving body is the sour spot that has the potential to semi-spike.
Dair: Ashley pokes her wand underneath her while a puff of smoke and a flash appears. Two hitboxes come from this attack, one when she moves her wand downward and the 2nd from the flash, which is a powerful spike when sweet spotted. This move is very similar to F-tilt, however the 1st hit will not lead opponents into the 2nd, it will knock them off to the side. You will have to use good timing and spacing if you want the sweet spot to connect!

Jab: Ashley swipes twice with her wand and then begins spinning it, you can see sparks coming from it as it spins. She then ends off the jab with a poof of smoke blasts you away.
Dash Attack: Ashley spins her whole body forward while her twin tails stretch out doing so. This has a lot of range for a dash attack and it acts similar to Megaman’s.

Down throw: This one is fun! Ashley drops you into a boiling pot and stirs it for a bit adding dmg until you explode out of it! Most damaging throw, and a stall tactic.
Up throw: The pot again, except no stirring this time and you shoot straight up!
Back throw: Red swings you back and Ashley finishes you off with a whip of her hair behind her.

Taunts:
Up taunt: Ashley’s hair glows white and her trademark transformation lightning zaps at all angles from her wand as she holds it above her. She also exclaims, “You’re Toast!”
Side taunt: Ashley shrugs and shakes her head while saying, “You must be cursed…”
Down taunt: Ashley pulls out her bunny and hugs it while protectively pulling it away from your view. She gives you scowl/glare while doing so, but you can also notice there’s a slight blush on her cheeks. daaaw~ (.^ ^.)

Victory Screens:
  1. Ashley can be seen dancing with several of her coworkers/(friends?) from the WarioWare series. Though sometimes she’s just standing there looking agitated lol
  2. Ashley is standing on top a pile of spellbooks while stirring a large witch’s pot, with a shadow on her face. Sometimes Red can be seen spinning in the pot. Poor Red!
  3. Red sings, “Who's the girl next door living in the haunted mansion?” -- Ashley interrupts standing in front of him, pointing her wand towards the screen and menacingly asks us, “Did you learn my name by now?”
Nice moveset. I think that it should be added to the OP.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Ashley’s Moveset:

Specials:

Potion effects:

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash:

Down Smash:

Up Smash:

Tilts & Aerials:

Taunts:

Victory Screens:
Out of all the Ashley movesets iv'e seen (and made) this is definitely the most creative!
Let me just Email my Uncle who works at Nintendo, he'll call Sakurai and get this to him.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace

Ashley’s Moveset:

Specials:

Potion effects:

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash:

Down Smash:

Up Smash:

Tilts & Aerials:

Taunts:

Victory Screens:
The summoning other Nintendo characters idea is one so out there that I would've never thought of it, but I love the thought around. It would be a great way to include some characters into Smash without using pokeballs and assists.

One thing I always mention when it comes to Ashley movesets is Red's parasol transformation in Game and Wario. It would be perfect move to have as her up air and it could work to help her recover or land without using up her broom's magic.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

Ashley’s Moveset:

Specials:

Potion effects:

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash:

Down Smash:

Up Smash:

Tilts & Aerials:

Taunts:

Victory Screens:
If a random person on the internet can come up with an amazing moveset for Ashley, then I'm sure someone as talented as Sakurai can. He has no excuse not to add her.

Although what would be her final smash?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Considering Geno and Sora are owned by two different companies(though both are related to Square, but in opposite ways. Square's thing with Sora is more akin to what Nintendo has with Geno), not much really. It depends mostly on Disney for Sora where Square easily can work together with Sakurai on both. It's actually really easy to get both as long the Disney content isn't an issue or they aren't interested enough to ask his creator to do so. Even the KH music is somewhat easy with the main FF music composer on Sakurai's team overall.

I wouldn't consider Square the hard part to work with at all. Sakurai and Disney are actually the more stubborn ones. Kind of ironic, as SE has been known for being hard to work with in the past.
Yeah, it really is Sakurai and Disney on this one. Disney did have Ralph in that Sonic Racing game, but I think Smash is n a much bigger level than that and that will change how this is handled during legal conversations. You can never really know. Also, fun fact, SMRPG's music was also done by Yoko Shimomura, so the whole thing about it being easy to get the series music works in SMRPG's favor as well.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice

Ashley’s Moveset:

Specials:

Potion effects:

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash:

Down Smash:

Up Smash:

Tilts & Aerials:

Taunts:

Victory Screens:
I really like the references to other games in your moveset! Really neat idea! It lives up to WarioWare with it's Nintendo game based microgames

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Who else is reloading the Japanese site like mad? I'm both really nervous and excited, but mostly nervous.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Who else is reloading the Japanese site like mad? I'm both really nervous and excited, but mostly nervous.
I'm really ****ing nervous, like my heart is beating pretty fast rn.

I just hope whatever the outcome, it will benefit in the end.

Top Bottom