• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
No. It's a piggy back off of a 4chan leak.
That's disapointing. Does anyone have a link of the leak on hand?

I've seen what Vergeban said and I'm still not entirely sold. How would he know if there's at least 6 roster slots left and not know who they are? It sounds like a given that there would be anyway.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Honestly, Isabelle makes me a bit nervous. I suppose they could go the whole "Idol 3" from Badge Arcade and include Ashley because Isabelle is in but just the fact that one of the ATs has already been promoted makes me wonder if we'll really get any more promotions. I understand it's arbitrary and not a rule by any means but to be honest, the more the roster dwindles down, the more worried I get. >_>

Vergeben also said we'd get half a dozen additional newcomers so this would only leave 4 left. (Counting Simon and Isabelle.)
We should be safe on that front. I doubt ATs are really a thought during the time the roster is being finalised, so Sakurai holding a character back due to another newcomer already being a AT previously is pretty unlikely. They're both popular, relevant, and have potential for unique movesets, they're both pretty likely to be there together.
Yeah I'm so new to this place that I never took the time to look at any of the older pages.

With that said, Ashley's moveset could focus primarily on the use of her staff, using it to cast damaging spells at her opponents. The spells could range between close-range or long-range, with the former being impossible to reflect.

And of course, certain spells may possess extra effects that can hinder Ashley's opponents for a while.
That's pretty much the general idea of her moveset around here too. She also has a sentient spellbook that's as big as her and her wand can also turn into a broom, parasol, and into Red's original Imp form. with a pinch of creative liberty she's got an easy moveset to make.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
That's disapointing. Does anyone have a link of the leak on hand?

I've seen what Vergeban said and I'm still not entirely sold. How would he know if there's at least 6 roster slots left and not know who they are? It sounds like a given that there would be anyway.
Looking back, that Leak lacks Isabelle. Unless there was another Eventhubs leak

Eventhubs: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...east-half-dozen-characters-still-be-revealed/

Page one of the comments by YTPHaruko

4chan: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/420623896/#q420625123

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Is there any reason we should believe the event hubs leak? Does it come from someone with any kind of credibility?
No leak was posted after E3 the guy is a nobody but the It included Ashley and Isabelle putting it ahead of the curve of other leaks.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Eh, I refuse to believe text-based leaks from here on out, really it keeps you more sane that way, as we seems to get a new leak every single day.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Eh, I refuse to believe text-based leaks from here on out, really it keeps you more sane that way, as we seems to get a new leak every single day.
Based on tehponycorn's collection, there's at least several leaks a day. He's currently keeping track of around 370 leaks atm.

Talking about leaks, the only leaks that even got so much as a feeling of validity from me were the Resetera **** relating to Ridley and the OG Riddle leak hilariously enough.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Based on tehponycorn's collection, there's at least several leaks a day. He's currently keeping track of around 370 leaks atm.

Talking about leaks, the only leaks that even got so much as a feeling of validity from me were the Resetera **** relating to Ridley and the OG Riddle leak hilariously enough.
That riddle is some spooky stuff. Anyway, why do you give credence to these, and do you trust Vergeben for that matter? I'll be honest, I think he is credible based on him getting some stuff right so far. Whether or not his sources will end up being correct is another thing, but any character he leaks gets a pretty big amp to their chances, in my book.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
That riddle is some spooky stuff. Anyway, why do you give credence to these, and do you trust Vergeben for that matter? I'll be honest, I think he is credible based on him getting some stuff right so far. Whether or not his sources will end up being correct is another thing, but any character he leaks gets a pretty big amp to their chances.
I've been dealing with Vergeben for nearly a year. I don't trust him. I consider him a leak compiler. IMO, he's trying to put his name out there so that people will contact him to leak stuff. In doing so he get a lot of bull**** that isn't true that he passes off as true because of what he was told. I don't think he makes **** up persay. But his vetting process is something that is very much flawed. In general, being named is his biggest weakness and strength. The only reason Simon shows up in as many leaks as he does now is because of Vergeben and I can guarantee Isabelle is going to jump up a lot as well, but on the other side of the coin, I'm able to use his name to show that he's wrong far more than he's right. Vergeben is a neutral entity on the leaking scene, and isn't somebody who should be unabashabley trusted.

As for the others, it's just a feeling. The riddle leak, though, is not something I fully trust, but I feel there's legit or correct info in it. Nothing more than intuition.

Isabelle now being leaked does nothing for me since I considered her a top 5 likely newcomer alongside K. Rool and Ashley.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know several text based leaks have been real (April 1st Let's Go leak, anyone?) but until there's some real, solid evidence in this leaks favor i'm not buying it.
And even then i'd still be extremely skeptical, it could just be a coincidence after all.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm begging for some actual news to shut up all these fake leakers. It doesn't even need to be Ashley, just anything worth talking about instead of some random jerks on 4Chan trying to get Youtube attention.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ashley would be an interesting fighter to see. She has high chances of getting in. She's hugely popular, especially in Japan. Add me as a supporter.
A little late but-
Welcome to the thread! I noticed you like Blaze, always great to meet another man of culture.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
https://twitter.com/jamesperrott1/status/1022917937731194881

It's pretty reassuring that ashley VA hasn't replied to this yet, since if she was in smash as ashley she obviously couldn't talk about it.
Should we ask her? That person kinda wrote the question in a memey way which could be why she didn't respond. Really, the only people who could be voicing Ashley are Peysner and Lindbeck, and since Peysner is unreachable, Lindbeck is our only lead.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
All I know is that something's gotta get announced in the coming weeks. July has been pretty uneventful, outside of some neat tunes. Surely, Nintendo will put some pressure on Sakurai to announce something interesting in order to make up for Nintendo's lack of literally anything interesting in the month of August (well, other than WarioWare Gold).

That being said, I await Ashley VA Lady's response. Fingers crossed that she dodges the question.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Guys, I think we shouldn't take this Isabelle leak as gospel truth. That, and even with the E3 info Vergeben proven right, remember that he has gotten just as much info incorrect. My position on leaks, regardless of whether I'm in agreement or not, is to always take them with a grain of salt. I'm not worried about Geno frankly this time, I'm very much certain Sakurai had him in mind for the base roster along with K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Decidueye, Elma, and Ashley.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Isn't she under contract not to speak about her character being in Smash Brothers?
I suppose I should clarify. When I said that I await her response, I just meant that I am waiting to see how she responds, if at all. If Ashley is in Smash(ley), and this person voices her, then yes, she will be contractually obligated to either ignore the question or, at the most, give a non-answer. If she is not contractually obligated to do anything other than voice Ashley in WarioWare Gold, then she can talk about how she isn't voicing Ashley in Smash Bros. all she wants. At least, that's my understanding of the situation.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Isn't she under contract not to speak about her character being in Smash Brothers?
That's assuming Ash is in Smash. Her answering at all kinda eliminates the chances of her voicing Ashley in it. Luckily we still have OG Peysner to fall back on.

Guys, I think we shouldn't take this Isabelle leak as gospel truth. That, and even with the E3 info Vergeben proven right, remember that he has gotten just as much info incorrect. My position on leaks, regardless of whether I'm in agreement or not, is to always take them with a grain of salt. I'm not worried about Geno frankly this time, I'm very much certain Sskurai had him in mind for the base roster along with K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Decidueye, Elma, and Ashley.
Vergeben's record from what I've been told has been pretty much 75% on the mark with his leaks. Although this could be wrong. Perfectchaos83 has some pretty skeptical opinons of him. I would be interested on a tally of what he's gotten wrong and right in the past.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
That's assuming Ash is in Smash. Her answering at all kinda eliminates the chances of her voicing Ashley in it. Luckily we still have OG Peysner to fall back on.

Vergeben's record from what I've been told has been pretty much 75% on the mark with his leaks. Although this could be wrong. Perfectchaos83 has some pretty skeptical opinons of him. I would be interested on a tally of what he's gotten wrong and right in the past.
That's not quite accurate, it's closer to 60/40. He infamously leaked the "second season" of Dragonball FighterZ DLC which was confirmed to be bunk.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

MattX20

Smash Hero
That, and one more thing we musn't forget. The Gematsu leak from the Smash 4 era was for a long time considered to be the absolute truth when it came to Smash Bros newcomers, and then Lucina and Robin were confirmed. I think the Vergeben info is going to be a repeat of this scenario and we shouldn't readily believe it 100% until undeniable proof is shown.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Even if she didn't voice her in Samsh Sakurai could still fall back on old Christina Peyser voice clips.
But I really hope she doesn't answer, her Ashley voice is cool and i'd love to hear it in Ultimate.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
She could be approached to do the voice work as late as a week before the trailer goes live.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
She could be approached to do the voice work as late as a week before the trailer goes live.
Unlikely. She'd still be doing voice work for the actual game alone by that point. The character is already being made and all. Voice work also is used during the movesets and all.

Besides that, she shouldn't answer regardless of Ashley's role. It'd give it away. Sakurai wants to surprise people. So it makes sense that she's under NDA for an AT or playable.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Unlikely. She'd still be doing voice work for the actual game alone by that point. The character is already being made and all. Voice work also is used during the movesets and all.

Besides that, she shouldn't answer regardless of Ashley's role. It'd give it away. Sakurai wants to surprise people. So it makes sense that she's under NDA for an AT or playable.
Good point, I didn't consider her voicing the assist trophy, mostly because I don't remember her Sm4sh one having a voice. All this could potential confirm is her status as the voice for Ashley in Ultimate.

I admit, I don't know much about the process of game development. All I've heard is that voice acting comes pretty late into it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Good point, I didn't consider her voicing the assist trophy, mostly because I don't remember her Sm4sh one having a voice. All this could potential confirm is her status as the voice for Ashley in Ultimate.

I admit, I don't know much about the process of game development. All I've heard is that voice acting comes pretty late into it.
I'm pretty sure her AT didn't talk.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

It probably would still be later on, but yeah, her answering would be a bad idea regardless. I'm probably wrong about the moveset factor, though.

I'm pretty sure her AT didn't talk.
But it could in Ultimate. That's more the point being made.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
It probably would still be later on, but yeah, her answering would be a bad idea regardless. I'm probably wrong about the moveset factor, though.

But it could in Ultimate. That's more the point being made.
Possibly. I imagine they outline what lines a character is going to say when certain actions are happening while planning their moveset. You don't need an actor for that step.

One hole you could poke is that we know Marth and Ike got new voice actors and that David Hayter was contacted before Snake's reveal. So Lindbeck playing a non assist Ashley hinges on newcomer voices being recorded later on when it's relevant to reveal them.

StormC

Smash Hero

There are characters at E3 without voice work done.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lyn's assist trophy talked in Smash 4, but Ashley's did not. Why the change?
To be fair... Ashley has a voice now in WarioWare. So that changed.

There are characters at E3 without voice work done.
Doesn't much change the point that she could be hired a bit earlier than "just before the trailer". Which is all I'm saying.

Possibly. I imagine they outline what lines a character is going to say when certain actions are happening while planning their moveset. You don't need an actor for that step.

One hole you could poke is that we know Marth and Ike got new voice actors and that David Hayter was contacted before Snake's reveal. So Lindbeck playing a non assist Ashley hinges on newcomer voices being recorded later on when it's relevant to reveal them.
Ah, good point. It's really hard to say.

But yeah, her not replying is the most likely thing to happen due to NDA, regardless of her actual role.

Top Bottom