• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
To be fair... Ashley has a voice now in WarioWare. So that changed.
Ashley always had a voice since her debut. Weird how they didn't give the girl with a famous namesake ballad a voice, but they gave one to Lyn who never had a voice. I can still argue for your point. Voice acting is a lot more prominent in Warioware and, assuming that they were aware of Gold's development which we all like to believe, they would want to show off assist Ashley's cool new voice.

Hopefully this is the case for Kat&Ana as well. Hey, why don't we hit up their voice actors too?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ashley always had a voice since her debut. Weird how they didn't give the girl with a famous namesake ballad a voice, but they gave one to Lyn who never had a voice. I can still argue for your point. Voice acting is a lot more prominent in Warioware and, assuming that they were aware of Gold's development which we all like to believe, they would want to show off assist Ashley's cool new voice.

Hopefully this is the case for Kat&Ana as well. Hey, why don't we hit them up their voice actors too?
...I did not know that.

Well, I got nothing.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
A little Nintendo magic will give Ashley the voice she needs! All we need is a little faith, trust and, pixie dust!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Is it because she's still taking care of Red? :p

(No, I don't play WarioWare, so I actually don't know the backstories that well)
I don't think Red has a backstory, they're just always seen together.
I like to think she tried to summon an eldritch abomination to be her servant but she got Red instead and she just rolled with it.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I like to think she tried to summon an eldritch abomination to be her servant but she got Red instead and she just rolled with it.
An Ashley backstory would be interesting. It would tell us how she became who she was. What happened to her parents? What intrigued her about magic and who was her teacher? There is so much you can do with the character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
An Ashley backstory would be interesting. It would tell us how she became who she was. What happened to her parents? What intrigued her about magic and who was her teacher? There is so much you can do with the character.
Ah, huh. I know some characters have backstories/etc.

It'd be honestly interesting to see more information on her. Did she practice black magic and turn them into toads or something? Was it far darker than that kind of silliness? Are we never going to find out because the game is still Mario-related(extended universe) and Miyamoto says "lolno" to Mario stories?

Noipoi

Howdy!
While I would love to know Ashley's backstory, I wouldn't mind too much if she didn't get one. She's one of those characters that just works.
That being said i'd love to see her parents reaction when they found out their little girl was learning the dark arts. Maybe that's why they're not around.

Ah, huh. I know some characters have backstories/etc.

It'd be honestly interesting to see more information on her. Did she practice black magic and turn them into toads or something? Was it far darker than that kind of silliness? Are we never going to find out because the game is still Mario-related(extended universe) and Miyamoto says "lolno" to Mario stories?
Ashley is responsible for turning the Toads into blocks in the first Mario Bros. Bowser hired her and gave her a great review on Yelp.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Even if the voice actress confirms that she voices Ashley in Smash don't start with the fireworks. Still remember when the Krystal actrees was confirmed in Brawl and everyone went mad, she was one of the most wanted characters by then. Then appeared the definitive list with Wolf, Krystal actress did her job in the codec conversations. One of the biggest meltdowns I've seen in gaming.
And I don't think that the Gold voice will be used in ultimate. Koopalings used a brand new voices (and better) in MK8 but in Smash the voice clips were from older games, and many other chacters too. If Ashley is in the most possible scenario for me is the old voice. Also, not so much time between Gold-Smash.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Ashley doesn't deal with the Devil anymore, He still owes her money.
I guess it good knowing Satan's on our side...? I just feel bad for my grandma who's going to bust her back with the Hail Mary's over Ashley's reveal!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
You can copy the picture in paint, use the selection tool to select the parts of the image you want us to see, then you right click and select copy.

Go to Smash Boards and right click and paste in one of your text boxes.

It is how I add images to Smash Boards.
are we talking about paint tool sai? Because im using my phone rip, can't use the laptop because the hotspot has turned dry. I'd have to use it next time rip

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I did tweet to her that I would love to hear her do her own version of Ashley's song, haha.

Last edited:

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna level with you. If Ashley is confirmed I'm set for life on Smash Bros, I'd have no other wanted newcomers, just good surprises. At the point Ashley is confirmed, "leaks" and people claiming other characters are in would no longer be of use to me.

I'd have gotten Ashley, at that point I'd need nothing more. Paper Mario, maybe would be my other most wanted newcomer after that. I'd also like Goku, but come on, that ain't happening so yeah, just Paper Mario and Waluigi would be ones I'd root for. (Waluigi rooting during Smash 6, lol)

I'd do my best to main Ashley and become the best that I can with her. The only thing I don't like is the thought of better Ashley players. I will rule over all with Ashley!

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
If Ashley gets confirmed, who becomes your new most wanted? Well, probably Geno or Simon Belmont in my case.
Same boat as Kyon. There is no other character I could ever want as much as her, or discuss about like I do here. Her inclusion is the climactic end for Smash hype for me.

I even consider Paper Mario my second most wanted too, but there's a huge gap between him and Ash.

My Goku pick (want but its never happening) is Master Chief. It would just be really cool to have him present and he's definitely iconic

VillagerX3

Smash Cadet
If Ashley gets confirmed, who becomes your new most wanted? Well, probably Geno or Simon Belmont in my case.
In my case, it would be Chibi-Robo or Paper Mario. They may not be the most popular, but I think they would be good fighters. I played all the ChibiRobo and Paper Mario games, and they have become my favorites.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Freaking zero I've become obsessed with the thought of him being in smash
I'm gonna level with you. If Ashley is confirmed I'm set for life on Smash Bros, I'd have no other wanted newcomers, just good surprises. At the point Ashley is confirmed, "leaks" and people claiming other characters are in would no longer be of use to me.

I'd have gotten Ashley, at that point I'd need nothing more. Paper Mario, maybe would be my other most wanted newcomer after that. I'd also like Goku, but come on, that ain't happening so yeah, just Paper Mario and Waluigi would be ones I'd root for. (Waluigi rooting during Smash 6, lol)

I'd do my best to main Ashley and become the best that I can with her. The only thing I don't like is the thought of better Ashley players. I will rule over all with Ashley!
I think the others here feel the same way, everyone here is going to want to be the Ashley overlord

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
My priority list is as follows:

1) Ashley
2) Ridley
3) K. Rool

If I don't get at least those three, then I'll be a sad boy.

After those three, I'd focus on Isaac and Geno.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
If Ashley gets in i wouldn't care too much about who else makes it in, i have never wanted a character as bad as her. But my 2nd picks would definitely be between K. Rool and Amaterasu

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
None that I can think of. Ashley is the last character I want that'd make me seriously over the moon. Banjo and a not echo'd Dark Samus would be cool, but it wouldn't have me explode like Ashley.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Ashley, Banandana Dee, and a rhythm heaven character are really the only newcomers I can see myself being this hyped about ever. While I'd really like a lot of other characters as well, I don't think I'll ever be this into speculation again once they're revealed. Seeing all my favorite characters being announced will be great, but I'll definitely miss being this obsessed with characters during the next game's speculation cycle. After those characters though, I would probably try to support Banjo, Geno, and Chibi-Robo (also K Rool and Dixie but I have no attachment to them).

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Hard to say since a lot of my wishlist has already been deconfirmed. Right now I'm rooting for either K. Rool, Isabelle and/or Nikki.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
fwiw, Ashley's not quite my most wanted. Counting Ridley, she was 3rd. So I'd Still want K. ROol since he's 2nd after Ridley. Shantae and Vaati round out my Ultimate top 5. But with Ashley and K. Rool, I'd Consider the Roster perfect. Though there are a few characters I'd like to see just for curiosity.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Once Ashley is in i'm set for life, but I would like to see Mimikyu, Rayman, Paper Mario, Amaterasu and Bandanna Dee.
K Rool and Geno too, but only because I know their fans have been begging for years and I want them to be happy aswell.
But even if none of those guys get in, if Ashley's in i'm set. I'll never ask Sakurai for anything ever again.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Since Vergeben brought up Isabelle, I've been thinking... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Ashley and Isabelle were revealed together considering both of their prominence in the Badge Arcade.

Top Bottom