• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I did not like that they got rid of the black stockings. It was pointless and complimented her red dress perfectly.
Honestly, for me regardless of Smash Ashley's eye color or stocking, as long as we have her it is fine. Though I do have a red eyes and black stocking preference though.
It doesn't really bother much me that her stockings are gone, but they really should have kept them.
Thank gawd i was starting to worry if i was the only one who ever felt that way about her design.. Glad im not alone on this ^_^

Hmm... it'd truly be interesting to see Ashley at an EVO tournament if the possible August Direct even happens, honestly: the amount of hype that would be generated from her presence would be astonishing.
Agreed. That would be siiick~

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Since Vergeben brought up Isabelle, I've been thinking... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Ashley and Isabelle were revealed together considering both of their prominence in the Badge Arcade.
That would go along with the idea that she might be a Villager Echo, since many feel Echos are not going to get whole trailers dedicated to them like unique newcomers.
Though I'm convinced that if Isabelle is in, she'll probably be unique.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
If Ashley gets confirmed, who becomes your new most wanted? Well, probably Geno or Simon Belmont in my case.
Well, Ashley is actually my 3rd most wanted so... Geno and Shantae are my top two. No matter how good Geno's chances are this time around, I'll still absolutely flip my lid if he gets in and if Shantae gets in? I might go into shock. I legit don't think she has a chance at all.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
That would go along with the idea that she might be a Villager Echo, since many feel Echos are not going to get whole trailers dedicated to them like unique newcomers.
Though I'm convinced that if Isabelle is in, she'll probably be unique.
That sounds about right. Lucina was revealed along with Robin, and Dark Pit (sorta) along with Palutena.

What kind of moveset would a unique Isabelle have? I heard of a terraforming moveset, but I'm not sure how that could work.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who wants Ashley in Smash. It seems like she has a pretty large support group. Ashley is easily in my top three most wanted characters along with King K. Rool and Simon Belmont.

I think she has good chances of being playable in Smash this time. The fact that she was not seen with other prominent assist trophies (like Waluigi and Midna) was what initially made me think that they were holding out on her as a playable character.

Ashley is a popular character, especially in Japan. Ridley was the fanservice character for the West. I could see Ashley being the fanservice character for Japan.

The question is when would they reveal her? WarioWare Gold is coming out very soon. It would make sense to announce her now to promote the game. Or they could do a Direct in October and announce her and Simon Belmont for a Halloween themed Direct.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who wants Ashley in Smash. It seems like she has a pretty large support group. Ashley is easily in my top three most wanted characters along with King K. Rool and Simon Belmont.

I think she has good chances of being playable in Smash this time. The fact that she was not seen with other prominent assist trophies (like Waluigi and Midna) was what initially made me think that they were holding out on her as a playable character.

Ashley is a popular character, especially in Japan. Ridley was the fanservice character for the West. I could see Ashley being the fanservice character for Japan.

The question is when would they reveal her? WarioWare Gold is coming out very soon. It would make sense to announce her now to promote the game. Or they could do a Direct in October and announce her and Simon Belmont for a Halloween themed Direct.
Welcome to the club!

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace

If that loz18 guy is trustworthy, then that August Direct he talked about would a good time to reveal Ashley.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Daisy didn't get a newcomer trailer reveal. More than likely, echo fighters will just be revealed as just a general website update like returning veterans.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Some nice answers we have here. Honestly, Ashley is all I really need to be satisfied with the game, even if no one else in my signature makes the cut, everything else after Ashley gets no complaints from me, and is a welcomed addition to the crew. I am hoping that next week we will finally get that reveal. The stars are all aligned: Next week starts August, WarioWare Gold releases in Japan and NA, EVO, Sakurai's birthday. I am hyped!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Daisy didn't get a newcomer trailer reveal. More than likely, echo fighters will just be revealed as just a general website update like returning veterans.
I think Ashley is much more likely to be a completely new character rather than an echo.

If she does end up being an echo, who would she be an echo of? The only ones who come to mind are Robin (the other mage) and Rosalina (if Ashley comes with Red).

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
We only have Daisy as an Example though and I feel she was more used as an example rather than "this is how it will be going forward". I feel that Echoes will be revealed more like they were in Smash 4.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think Ashley is much more likely to be a completely new character rather than an echo.

If she does end up being an echo, who would she be an echo of? The only ones who come to mind are Robin (the other mage) and Rosalina (if Ashley comes with Red).
No, they were talking about Isabelle who could possibly be an echo of Villager.
There's no way Ashley's an echo, it wouldn't make sense.
Welcome to the thread, by the way!

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Ashley is only my third most desired character, the first ones are K. Rool and Dixie, I don't wanna take the hype train seriously, I really doubt that the 3 make it. For Smash U they didn't gave me anything, I only wanted Dixie and also removed one of my mains, the Ice Climbers. At least Palutena, Bayonetta, Koopalings and Duck Hunt give me characters that I like now.
After Ashley and Kongs are Banjo-Kazooie , but I think that there's no chance for them, so I'm not waiting for bear an bird. If they come it will be like Bayonetta reveal, a character that I love but I didn't think that would happen. Bayo reveal was a shock.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Wow, I just realized we are on 90 pages. To think, we were only around 4 or 5 pages pre-E3
It's truly amazing seeing the boon of Ashley supporters after E3. I know I tried to keep this thread relevant and on the front page as much as I could without double posting. Look where we are now!

Also, after Ashley, I'd just want Sora and Mimikyu. That's my top 3 (though i also want K. Rool and Dixie because they're so needed).

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
AngrySun88 AngrySun88 . Would you like to be added to the supporters list for Ashley? :3

Since everyone else is talking about their most wanted, the others in my top ten are definitely: Geno, Lip, Paper Mario, Adeleine, Dixie Kong, Amy, (from Okami) Shadow, Shantae, and Vaati in that order.

And obviously it goes without saying that our girl Ashley takes precedence over all those others to the point that I'd be willing to trade in all 9 of em' just to get her in as playable he he~

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
My most wanted is and always will be Karate Joe and I would legitimately be 100% okay if he was the only other newcomer left. Though of course, our favorite witch is second place. The rest of my top 10 are in order in my signature.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
My most wanted is and always will be Karate Joe and I would legitimately be 100% okay if he was the only other newcomer left. Though of course, our favorite witch is second place. The rest of my top 10 are in order in my signature.
Out of curiosity, do you want Karate Joe because he's your favorite Rhythm Heaven character, or for the virtue of him being a recurring Rhythm Heaven character? I always thought that the Barista was the best choice for a Rhythm Heaven rep, but everyone seems to primarily rally behind Karate Joe and the Chorus Kids. (Of course, I'd be down with any of them. I love RH, haha).

Getting both a Rhythm rep and Ashley in the same game would be so cool. Both of those franchises are two of my favorites, honestly. I always find myself coming back to Fever, Megamix, and Smooth Moves when I'm bored (and I'm sure the same will be true of Gold).

Noipoi

Howdy!
Watching this thread explode in real time was an experience, it had only fifteen pages when I joined.
E3 was truly a miracle.

Last edited:

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
Out of curiosity, do you want Karate Joe because he's your favorite Rhythm Heaven character, or for the virtue of him being a recurring Rhythm Heaven character? I always thought that the Barista was the best choice for a Rhythm Heaven rep, but everyone seems to primarily rally behind Karate Joe and the Chorus Kids. (Of course, I'd be down with any of them. I love RH, haha).

Getting both a Rhythm rep and Ashley in the same game would be so cool. Both of those franchises are two of my favorites, honestly. I always find myself coming back to Fever, Megamix, and Smooth Moves when I'm bored (and I'm sure the same will be true of Gold).
Both, really. The barista would be cool too, and i’ve been warming up to the idea of Tibby or Marshall. On the other hand, the Chorus Kids are the only real newcomer Sakurai could possibly add that would actually make me upset.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Both, really. The barista would be cool too, and i’ve been warming up to the idea of Tibby or Marshall. On the other hand, the Chorus Kids are the only real newcomer Sakurai could possibly add that would actually make me upset.
Back during the Smash 4 days, I thought that the Monkey would be a cool idea (it even got a Streetpass hat, so it seemed kind of likely). But now, I'm just at a point where anything Rhythm Heaven would be neat. What is it about the Chorus Kids that you don't like? Did that Gematsu leak sour the idea for you?

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
Back during the Smash 4 days, I thought that the Monkey would be a cool idea (it even got a Streetpass hat, so it seemed kind of likely). But now, I'm just at a point where anything Rhythm Heaven would be neat. What is it about the Chorus Kids that you don't like? Did that Gematsu leak sour the idea for you?
Mainly because there are so many better choices that everyone ignores or dismisses for Chorus Kids only because they were in Gematsu.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Tbh. I've only played a bit of Wario Ware Smooth Moves and that's it, But i still know alot about the franchise. I really want Wario Ware Gold when it comes out.
I kinda want Warioware Gold. I promised i'd only buy two more games this year, Let's go Pikachu (despite my better judgement) and Smash Ultimate.
But I might break that promise for Gold, it looks really fun.

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Mainly because there are so many better choices that everyone ignores or dismisses for Chorus Kids only because they were in Gematsu.
I gotcha. While I wouldn't care too much, either way, their design is so simple compared to other characters in the series, so it'd be cooler to get someone a little more ... flashy.

Count me in on the supporter list! Ashley's a great character!
Welcome aboard the Ashley for Smashley Hype Train! In all honesty, I've only played Smooth Moves and some of Mega Microgames (and a little bit of Gamer from Game & Wario at a Best Buy kiosk), so don't feel the need to be a seasoned WarioWare aficionado just to like Ashley, haha.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I gotcha. While I wouldn't care too much, either way, their design is so simple compared to other characters in the series, so it'd be cooler to get someone a little more ... flashy.

Welcome aboard the Ashley for Smashley Hype Train! In all honesty, I've only played Smooth Moves and some of Mega Microgames (and a little bit of Gamer from Game & Wario at a Best Buy kiosk), so don't feel the need to be a seasoned WarioWare aficionado just to like Ashley, haha.
I'm a pretty big Wario Fan in general though.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
AngrySun88 AngrySun88 . Would you like to be added to the supporters list for Ashley? :3

Since everyone else is talking about their most wanted, the others in my top ten are definitely: Geno, Lip, Paper Mario, Adeleine, Dixie Kong, Amy, (from Okami) Shadow, Shantae, and Vaati in that order.

And obviously it goes without saying that our girl Ashley takes precedence over all those others to the point that I'd be willing to trade in all 9 of em' just to get her in as playable he he~
Sure!

Ashley is one my top thee most wanted characters. I'll be very disappointed if she's an assist trophy again.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
I'm a pretty big Wario Fan in general though.
Outside of WarioWare, I have only recently gotten into Wario Land, personally. I played 4 and Shake It, but that's about it. I'd like to play more Wario games, though. It's odd that such a scoundrel is able to influence so many awesome games, haha.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
Outside of WarioWare, I have only recently gotten into Wario Land, personally. I played 4 and Shake It, but that's about it. I'd like to play more Wario games, though. It's odd that such a scoundrel is able to influence so many awesome games, haha.
Wario Land Shake It is one of Nintendo's hidden gems imo, I've played it once or twice when i rented from GameFly years ago but I could already tell I would love it. The art style is what infatuates me the most and I really wish more games were like that. Just recently bought it on Virtual Console and it's just as good as I remembered.

Dilliciouz

Smash Cadet
Still no tweet so far back from ashley VA.

Part of me think she really happening, but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes too up.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Still no tweet so far back from ashley VA.

Part of me think she really happening, but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes too up.
I wouldn't bank Ashley's chances on a tweet, but I do feel like she might be in this time.
There are too many weird little things that on their own mean nothing, but all together seem suspicious that lead me to believe in her inclusion.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
The fact that she hasn't been revealed as an assist trophy yet, but Waluigi (another highly requested character) was, leads me to believe that she has good chances of getting in.

Then there's the whole Badge Arcade. Why push Ashley so much if they weren't going to make her more prominent, like in Smash?

Dilliciouz

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't bank Ashley's chances on a tweet, but I do feel like she might be in this time.
There are too many weird little things that on their own mean nothing, but all together seem suspicious that lead me to believe in her inclusion.
Yeah, the chances are the best It's ever been, and I know people pointed out that other possible reason her VA not replying to the tweet is that she could just be voicing the AT of ashley in the game, but I don't think sakurai would do that, at least I really hope not.

Honestly, I just really hope for a direct announced for the 2nd of august, I'm really crossing my fingers for it.

Last edited:

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
The fact that she hasn't been revealed as an assist trophy yet, but Waluigi (another highly requested character) was, leads me to believe that she has good chances of getting in.
The thing about the Assist Trophy absences that worries me the most is that a good number of them (Shadow, Skull Kid and of course Ashley) had technically complex effects to them involving disorientation or applying random debuffs in only a specific range. It seems possible that they may just have not been finished yet, since ATs can now interact with each other and getting those three to play nicely with others may be a trying task.

...And on the note of Waluigi: I honestly think it's kinda weird he's not in the demo. I certainly don't think that the "Sakurai is playing us and Waluigi's actually playable" theory has any merit, but considering that he was used as the example of AT KOs now giving points and he'd be a relatively simple port you'd think he'd have shown up.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The thing about the Assist Trophy absences that worries me the most is that a good number of them (Shadow, Skull Kid and of course Ashley) had technically complex effects to them involving disorientation or applying random debuffs in only a specific range. It seems possible that they may just have not been finished yet, since ATs can now interact with each other and getting those three to play nicely with others may be a trying task.

...And on the note of Waluigi: I honestly think it's kinda weird he's not in the demo. I certainly don't think that the "Sakurai is playing us and Waluigi's actually playable" theory has any merit, but considering that he was used as the example of AT KOs now giving points and he'd be a relatively simple port you'd think he'd have shown up.
It is true that there's a chance she simply wasn't implemented yet, but it's not over until she's either confirmed or deconfirmed.
As of now she's still got a great chance so never give up! Never surrender! The Ashley train rides on until the bitter end!

Last edited:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Yeah, the chances are the best It's ever been, and I know people pointed out that other possible reason her VA not replying to the tweet is that she could just be voicing the AT of ashley in the game, but I don't think sakurai would do that, at least I really hope not.

Honestly, I just really hope for a direct announced for the 2nd of august, I'm really crossing my fingers for it.
Honestly, I don't think the possibility of a voiced Ashley AT is as likely as we think it could be.

Take the jump from Brawl to Smash 4, for example. I don't recall any silent Assists from Brawl getting a voice in Smash 4. The Brawl Assist trophies, to my knowledge, still have the same exact voice clips in Smash 4 as they did in Brawl.

Logically, the Assist Trophies that debuted in Smash 4 will follow the same trend, where the ones with voices carry over the same voice clips, while the silent ones remain silent. And Ashley was silent, so no VA is necessary.

Well, sure, it's possible that they weren't finished yet, but I doubt it's because of elemental physics, or anything like that. Krystal is about as complex - if not more so - than Shadow (one slows time, the other freezes people and beats them up with a staff). As far as Skull Kid and Ashley go, they've had 2+ years to rip them from Smash 4 and put them in Ultimate. If they aren't finished yet, it's because 1) they aren't Assist Trophies anymore, or 2) they are low priority.

Characters like Andross and the Arcade Bunny show us that the non-combatant ATs aren't giving the team any problems. Remember, only some of the ATs can be attacked.

Top Bottom