• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Oh man, after Palutena and Robin/Lucina's trailer it makes me think what the other characters would look like in the WarioWare style.
Well, Ko Takeuchi has drawn plenty of characters on their personal blog. I am sure some Nintendo stuff is in there. I know I've seen the fast food chain mascot Wendy in his style and I am pretty sure I have seen some Simpson stuff as well as Bee and Puppycat....

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Well, in fact is the south-american voice for Ashley, Gold got two dubs in spanish, this one and other for Spain, so wait for another one.
Huh, they actually bothered to do separate Spanish dubs? I don't recall them going through that effort for Breath of the Wild, at least not for the French dub.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Huh, they actually bothered to do separate Spanish dubs? I don't recall them going through that effort for Breath of the Wild, at least not for the French dub.
Yeah, south-american spanish and the one for Spain are a bit different, even the american countries got some differences between them. Expressions, accents, some words... For Spanish speakers feels strange a different accent in their media. If movies don't do it, games neither. The main detail could be that Spain depends of european and its own divisions while S. America got theirs. For example Gears of War 4 was dubbed for South America, not for Spain because Microsoft Esp. was ruined. Was poorly dubbed right after with a patch using the S. America version as model.
Also, there's a video with the scenes in Spanish for Spain. Ashley is around 13:40, you can check out the difference.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I hope balancing Ashley's status stuff isn't seen as too much of an undertaking by Sakurai. I want her to implement some status you could only get from items, like shrinking, lipstick, and metal to reference her song, but would that be too OP?
Well, flower effect has been on a couple of moves in Smash 4, being a poison effect under a different name. Mostly customs, but Jigglypuff's Rest has been flowering people since Brawl.

Why would you want to turn opponents metal except offstage though? It makes them almost impossible to kill otherwise. That and shrinking would just kill the pace of matches.

Changing overall stats like weight, speed & attack power for your opponents would be unique (like a reverse Shulk). Imagine strategically increasing weight at low percents to make more combos possible, then decreasing to make KOs easier. For actual status effects, maybe things that mess with controls, like temporarily disabling specials or jumps for small periods of time, or reversing directional inputs.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Yeah, south-american spanish and the one for Spain are a bit different, even the american countries got some differences between them. Expressions, accents, some words... For Spanish speakers feels strange a different accent in their media. If movies don't do it, games neither. The main detail could be that Spain depends of european and its own divisions while S. America got theirs. For example Gears of War 4 was dubbed for South America, not for Spain because Microsoft Esp. was ruined. Was poorly dubbed right after with a patch using the S. America version as model.
Also, there's a video with the scenes in Spanish for Spain. Ashley is around 13:40, you can check out the difference.

For some reason, Ashley sounds a lot more caring in Spanish. Atleast to me, it sounded like in English that she was being sarcastic with her reactions and part of why she wanted to help was to flex her magic. Not sure which I prefer...

Small thing, Red sounds a lot braver in Spain Spanish.

Dilliciouz

Smash Cadet
Okay with the recent isabelle leak, if it end up being true (The one with Simon) then I'm definitely going to believe ashley is in.

VillagerX3

Smash Cadet
Isabelle leak?
Yeah, so this leaker is supposedly suggesting that Simon Belmont, Ridley, some veterans, and Isabelle are gonna be in smash ultimate. It’s a big deal because he predicted correct things in the past and was right about Ridley and the veterans.

I don’t believe it, even if he did get some things right.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm pretty much new to this thread, and I'll just input my two cents for Ashley.

While I don't have any complaints about Ashley being a potential fighter, my only real concern is what kind of moveset she would utilize. Also, her victory theme would have to be completely different from Wario's.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Honestly, Isabelle makes me a bit nervous. I suppose they could go the whole "Idol 3" from Badge Arcade and include Ashley because Isabelle is in but just the fact that one of the ATs has already been promoted makes me wonder if we'll really get any more promotions. I understand it's arbitrary and not a rule by any means but to be honest, the more the roster dwindles down, the more worried I get. >_>

Vergeben also said we'd get half a dozen additional newcomers so this would only leave 4 left. (Counting Simon and Isabelle.)

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'm pretty much new to this thread, and I'll just input my two cents for Ashley.

While I don't have any complaints about Ashley being a potential fighter, my only real concern is what kind of moveset she would utilize. Also, her victory theme would have to be completely different from Wario's.
She's a witch. A moveset shouldn't be hard. Add Red into her moveset and you can probably get some cool ****.

Honestly, Isabelle makes me a bit nervous. I suppose they could go the whole "Idol 3" from Badge Arcade and include Ashley because Isabelle is in but just the fact that one of the ATs has already been promoted makes me wonder if we'll really get any more promotions. I understand it's arbitrary and not a rule by any means but to be honest, the more the roster dwindles down, the more worried I get. >_>

Vergeben also said we'd get half a dozen additional newcomers so this would only leave 4 left. (Counting Simon and Isabelle.)
Vergeben said "at least" 6 characters. 6 isn't and never was a definite number.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
She's a witch. A moveset shouldn't be hard. Add Red into her moveset and you can probably get some cool ****.
I know that she utilized a spell that causes food items to hurt fighters, but it won't have any use in an itemless battle.

Anyway, for Ashley to work as a fighter, she would have to mix up her magic abilities with some closed-ranged bouts. And last I've checked, Ashley isn't exactly someone who punches or kicks, so that staff of hers would have to do all the attacking.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Wow there's a lot of people in here after the Isabelle leak. I remember an Event hubs leak including Ashley and Isabelle. I think Isabelle getting in the game looks good for Ashley's chances.

VillagerX3

Smash Cadet
I know that she utilized a spell that causes food items to hurt fighters, but it won't have any use in an itemless battle.

Anyway, for Ashley to work as a fighter, she would have to mix up her magic abilities with some closed-ranged bouts. And last I've checked, Ashley isn't exactly someone who punches or kicks, so that staff of hers would have to do all the attacking.
You should go check the movesets made by supporters on the first page.

Also, Ashley obviously does more than the one spell she did as an assist trophy. And Olimar isn’t exactly someone who kicks or punches, but he does it anyway.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You should go check the movesets made by supporters on the first page.
Yeah I'm so new to this place that I never took the time to look at any of the older pages.

With that said, Ashley's moveset could focus primarily on the use of her staff, using it to cast damaging spells at her opponents. The spells could range between close-range or long-range, with the former being impossible to reflect.

And of course, certain spells may possess extra effects that can hinder Ashley's opponents for a while.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm so new to this place that I never took the time to look at any of the older pages.

With that said, Ashley's moveset could focus primarily on the use of her staff, using it to cast damaging spells at her opponents. The spells could range between close-range or long-range, with the former being impossible to reflect.

And of course, certain spells may possess extra effects that can hinder Ashley's opponents for a while.
She can also punch and kick like Olimar does.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Honestly, a moveset involving Red transforming into various things that Ashley could use for... say her smashes, would be really neat. And he could hover around her like he usually does until he gets used for an attack. And yes, Ashley does have quite a bit of spells from the games, it's not like it would be hard to come up with a moveset. She doesn't even have to be a debuff character to be unique (Red already gives her a unique flair) but that could be thrown on top of it.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Wow there's a lot of people in here after the Isabelle leak. I remember an Event hubs leak including Ashley and Isabelle. I think Isabelle getting in the game looks good for Ashley's chances.
Yeah I remember talking about that leak on an earlier page. I'm starting to believe it's real too especially since Isabelle wasn't included too much on many leaks. The Event Hubs leak included the following:

Newcomers:
-Simon Belmon
-Isabelle
-Ashley
-K. Rool
-Dixie Kong
-Chorus Kids

Echos:
-Dark Samus
-Octoling

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, I feel like Red would be a fairly significant part of her moveset. Not that Red would have his own AI, hitbox, etc., but she would summon him for attacks and spells and whatnot.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I remember talking about that leak on an earlier page. I'm starting to believe it's real too especially since Isabelle wasn't included too much on many leaks. The Event Hubs leak included the following:

Newcomers:
-Simon Belmon
-Isabelle
-Ashley
-K. Rool
-Dixie Kong
-Chorus Kids

Echos:
-Dark Samus
-Octoling
Not just that but Ashley and Isabelle had many similarities between the two of them. Both were ATs, Both had Mii outfits, Both had many badges in the Badge Arcade, and both probably did well on the Japanese voter ballot.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
I could totally see Ashley throwing her opponents into a cauldron as ingredients for a potion, and then it erupts or explodes for a Final Smash. It'd basically be a touched up version of Kirby's Final Smash from Brawl

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Vergeben just needs to come out a confirm Ashley now. We all know Ashley's going to be in the game!

VillagerX3

Smash Cadet
I could totally see Ashley throwing her opponents into a cauldron as ingredients for a potion, and then it erupts or explodes for a Final Smash. It'd basically be a touched up version of Kirby's Final Smash from Brawl
It would be a nice callback to Brawl. But I don’t want it to be an exact copy of it. Maybe add the spell cloud around it from her assist trophy so people that don’t get thrown in take damage when they are near. Idk just something that separates it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Vergeben didn't say those were the only characters did he? Just because his (probably fake) leak didn't mention Ashley doesn't mean she's not in.
Because let's be real, she's obviously in. sakurai please

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Vergeben didn't say those were the only characters did he? Just because his (probably fake) leak didn't mention Ashley doesn't mean she's not in.
Because let's be real, she's obviously in. sakurai please
Vergeben said there is at least half a dozen more Newcomers. We know Isabelle and Simon but he never mentioned anyone else yet.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Vergeben said there is at least half a dozen more Newcomers. We know Isabelle and Simon but he never mentioned anyone else yet.
So six more? As in 6? Which is divisible by 3? As in three sixes? Meaning 666? As in the number of the beast? The symbol of evil, spooky things?
Meaning magic? Like a witch?

ASHLEY CONFIRMED

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

Newcomers:
-Simon Belmon
-Isabelle
-Ashley
-K. Rool
-Dixie Kong
-Chorus Kids

Echos:
-Dark Samus
-Octoling
That would be an awesome roster. It is missing Geno and Bandana Dee, which is a bit of a let down, but they'd make good contenders for DLC. I don't believe this leak though. Elma seems like a shoe in for giving Xenoblade another rep, but maybe Sakurai wanted to really focus on the ballot? Another thing that makes me want to dismiss the leak is Octolings. It'd most likely be too early to add them.

I'm not sure if I'm completely on board with Vergeben either. Although he did say all the veterans from 4 would be returning, I don't think he said every fighter from the series would be. Of the things that he get right nothing was really that surprising. He didn't even mention Daisy

Also he didn't specify that Isabelle is an echo (at least form what I know)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Okay, I'm going to at least try to think up Ashley's mechanics if I can...

Ashley's moveset would focus primarily on the use of her staff. The staff can not only deal damage, but it also has a small chance (around 5%) of inflicting a status condition on the affected target. Status conditions can include the following...
  1. Speed Reduction: The target's speed will be cut in half, acting as if he/she got affected by the Timer item.
  2. Flower Spawn: The target gets a flower planted on his/her head, which causes him/her to take additional damage for a while.
  3. Standard Attacks Only: The target can't execute grabs or use special moves for a while. This condition is basically similar to Melee's Single-Button mode.
  4. Slippery Feet: The target's traction gets cut in half, and is much more likely to trip when hit by attacks that use a 0 degree knockback angle, or the Sakurai Angle.
  5. Dizzy: The target will act as if he/she just had his/her shield broken.
  6. Control Reversal: Reverses the Control Stick's actions for the affected opponent, with right becoming left, and up becoming down.
  7. Anchors Away: The opponent's falling speed and gravity values get doubled, which can potentially be detrimental to his/her recovery.
  8. Frozen: The target will be frozen temporarily.
  9. Harmful Healing: Healing items will damage the opponent instead.
  10. Feather Fists: The target's direct attacks will deal 0.5x their normal damage for a while.
  11. Damage Prone: The affected target will take 1.5x more damage from attacks for a while.
  12. Size Shrink: The target will act as if he/she received the effects of a Poison Mushroom.
  13. Backfired: Since Ashley is classified as a mediocre magician, there's always a chance that her spells will backfire, causing her to be affected by her own status conditions. Fortunately, the chances of a backfire happening are very low, being less than 1%.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Ashley would be an interesting fighter to see. She has high chances of getting in. She's hugely popular, especially in Japan. Add me as a supporter.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace

I uploaded a video on Ashley
They sound so similar. Makes me think that localisation got pretty specific and consistent guidelines for the voices in Gold.

Newcomers:
-Simon Belmon
-Isabelle
-Ashley
-K. Rool
-Dixie Kong
-Chorus Kids

Echos:
-Dark Samus
-Octoling
Is there any reason we should believe the event hubs leak? Does it come from someone with any kind of credibility?

Top Bottom