• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Sa after just unlocking the pumpkin minigame, I can confirm that the badges pics are part of the galery mode of said minigame but cannot be used as anything but collectables.

As for the minigame, it's pretty good, it's like some weird combination of Tower Defense & Bowling, I won't play it as much as Pyoro but I'll definetly play a lot of it, well, after I manage to unlock Ashley's theme in english anyway.
Okay good. If they were to just pass them out like that after I had spent money trying to get them in Badge Arcade I would have been pissed.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Running with the assumption Ashley gets that hair color whenever she does certain moves, what would they do if one those alts already had white hair?
I was thnking on that too. Like when she charges her smash attacks or does a final smash/special her hair could quickly flash white but... hmm I'm not sure. That does present a design hurdle doesnt it? Persoanlly I'd go with something funky like orange and green- PUMPKIN color! but seriously i dont know.. I just have faith Sakurai is a better game designer than me lul
I like how the pink and orange ones are references to Kat and Ana!
Yeah this artist was really spot on with the references, I think one of them is a shout out to Mona as well~
Oh my~ Ashley blushed :0
"Did you say next time?" :surprised:
Red: Sounds like Ashley's in! :redface:
T_T "...No it doesn't." *blush*
https://twitter.com/SSBUNews/status/1022896508914552835
NintendoUK are hosting their own Smash Ultimate invitational on the 29th. Most likely to be the E3 build again, but it's always possible for a new reveal at the least
Yeah Nintendo is going to be doing something special this upcoming Evo weekend as well, that's going to be Aug 3-5
So maybe it will be the perfect time to put their new favorite witch into play ? (i can only dream)

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Seems like not only Ashley's theme, but all the old songs are back and in much cleaner quality. Really awesome.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Let's all hope for that reveal next week, even if it is not Ashley, I'll take any character reveal at this point as this drought is quite a killer.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well I do like one thing though- they brought back Ashley's red eyes! :) (but they got rid of her black stockings :() anyone else upset about that last part?
I did not like that they got rid of the black stockings. It was pointless and complimented her red dress perfectly.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Honestly, for me regardless of Smash Ashley's eye color or stocking, as long as we have her it is fine. Though I do have a red eyes and black stocking preference though.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
On top of her saying ''Did you say...Next time?'' and then blushing when she denies when Red says ''It sounds like Ashley is in''. This really does show how much she has evolved, especially when compared to Touched and Game&Wario's ending where everyone else is dancing while she's just standing around doing nothing. That honestly speaks to me on a personal level and i'm sure others feel the same. It just feels like it's perfect for her to be included now
I believe this is appropriate:

Ashley has established a social Link.
1532740256964.png

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I don't really agree with this but hey, sponge memes can be funny :rotfl:

Heh. While I prefer the artstyles of other games over this, I don't hate it. WarioWare always had simple character designs, but this one is a lot more chibi which some people aren't fond of, which is fair. Though I think it fits this game fine.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
Heh. While I prefer the artstyles of other games over this, I don't hate it. WarioWare always had simple character designs, but this one is a lot more chibi which some people aren't fond of, which is fair. Though I think it fits this game fine.
I feel same way, Gold's style has grown on me though. Only thing I don't like is that they shrunk Orbulon

Last edited:

Tony Duck

Smash Rookie
It did not get everything else right, since it claims that amiibo is used for microgames, and that the camera is used. I feel it’s a very lucky guess. Though, I wouldn’t doubt it started in 2015.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
It did not get everything else right, since it claims that amiibo is used for microgames, and that the camera is used. I feel it’s a very lucky guess. Though, I wouldn’t doubt it started in 2015.
Another possibility is that it was a real leak, but with some false info mixed in to either screw with people or to throw off Nintendo ninjas from figuring out who leaked it.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
100% completed. Every single souvenir collected. This was a good game.
Glad you got that thing to work, and it's pretty impressive that you got everything considering how high of a score you probably needed to get. I hope you consider getting Gold when that comes out too.

We have the Japanese versions now.
Yikes, I can see why people believe Ashley is 8 in Japan... Regardless, I wanted to ask which version of Ashley's Song you all like the best. Personally, I'm partial to the English Brawl theme, but this cover is a pretty close second.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I think it's too accurate to be just called a lucky guess. The leaker could've just been referring to the amiibo thing as a micro game and they could've accidentally said camera would be used because of snapped!. It's possible they didn't know everything or guessed on a few details. The 300+ micro games is what really gets me to believe it though, considering it's one of main selling points and all.

I assume Gold will be datamined soon, so we should look out for that. I doubt the smash ultimate amiibos will have any data though unless Nintendo messes up bad lol

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to ask which version of Ashley's Song you all like the best.
I'll do you one better and rank all (official) versions of the song in my opinion:

1: Japanese original
2: English original
3: Smash 4 remix
4: Japanese Brawl remix
5: The "Star Revolution" themes
6: English Brawl remix

I assume Gold will be datamined soon
It's already started. Earlier today I read about someone from The Cutting Room Floor finding an early version of a Penny cutscene.

https://twitter.com/OtherEhm/status/1022656540044652544

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Thought this was interesting, not sure if it's been discussed already here, but gold was leaked on 4chan a while back if it true.

Interesting how development started late 2015....like around the time the roster for SSBU was finalized.

I know for a fact that I've discussed it here. It was leaked alongside a Link's Awakening remake and a Warioland Virtual Boy Remake and correctly got the Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate title correct.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I know for a fact that I've discussed it here. It was leaked alongside a Link's Awakening remake and a Warioland Virtual Boy Remake and correctly got the Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate title correct.
It's not like the naming conventions for all previous Monster Hunter G games starting from gen 3 were hard to follow...

About the Gold design... by all accounts the lack of black stockings should be odd, and it is... yet something about the way this Ashley looks and acts makes the lack of them seem fitting. Like, her face is saying "yeah, I'm walking around in my bare legs. What's it to you?", and on a more symobolic note, maybe taking them off is meant to be a sign of her growing more open and less uptight? Or maybe I'm looking too much into this...

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hmm... it'd truly be interesting to see Ashley at an EVO tournament if the possible August Direct even happens, honestly: the amount of hype that would be generated from her presence would be astonishing.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Hmm... it'd truly be interesting to see Ashley at an EVO tournament if the possible August Direct even happens, honestly: the amount of hype that would be generated from her presence would be astonishing.
I'm not sure if the EVO audience would be the type to holler at an Ashley reveal trailer, but I would be pleasantly surprised if they were. Really, if any venue doesn't burst out into singing Ashley's song after being shown her debut reveal, they are doing it wrong.

I wasn't convinced about the leak's legitimacy until I read the Leak Reviews analysis of it.

https://twitter.com/LeakReview/status/985331127647744000

It's not like the naming conventions for all previous Monster Hunter G games starting from gen 3 were hard to follow...

About the Gold design... by all accounts the lack of black stockings should be odd, and it is... yet something about the way this Ashley looks and acts makes the lack of them seem fitting. Like, her face is saying "yeah, I'm walking around in my bare legs. What's it to you?", and on a more symobolic note, maybe taking them off is meant to be a sign of her growing more open and less uptight? Or maybe I'm looking too much into this...
That honestly make a lot of sense... plus her shoes could be considered a bit more "girlier". Maybe as she's opening up she's letting some femininity that she repressed out as well. I don't want to apply this analysis to all girls with less feminine traits, but it could be the case with Ashley.

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdzxwTyoV8Q

People are insisting that this is some "clean" version that Nintendo has kept hidden away. I've tried pointing out that in the DS version, Ashley didn't chime in when the group was singing her name. People insist it was always like this, Nintendo just "changed it" during the DS game.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace

People are insisting that this is some "clean" version that Nintendo has kept hidden away. I've tried pointing out that in the DS version, Ashley didn't chime in when the group was singing her name. People insist it was always like this, Nintendo just "changed it" during the DS game.
I'm sticking to that belief. They sound exactly the same. A reason as to why they cut Ashley's line short is because If two compressed vocals sang over each other at once, it would have sounded weird, I'm guessing.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

It sounds pretty much 1 to 1 of the original, just a tad faster. I highly doubt they rerecorded it. She was either not heard in the original or she original did chime in and it was cut out. It does not sound like a rerecord at all to me.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace

You wouldn't happen to follow the Warioware Gold threads on /v/? I saw someone who was pretty adamant on the Gold version being a rerecording on there too. In fact, I think I've seen some of you guys' post on Ashley threads there based on really uncanny writing similarities.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
How so? It's typing.
Much like writing, some people have quirks when They type. To Use me, for example, I have a couple typing quirks. I capitalize Random words in the middle of sentences and when I start off a sentence with a word where the second letter is an 'h' then there's a high probability that I capitalize both letters. For Example, A lot of times I would type "SHould" rather than "Should" at the start of a sentence. Sometimes I catch it, sometimes I don't, but it's one way to tell that it's me who typed something up should those tells appear.

If you can figure out quirks or 'attitudes' from a person's typing, you can usually figure out who it is if they actually aren't making an attempt to hide their way of typing.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
How so? It's typing.
Basically what perfect chaos said. People fall into the habit of repeating the same phrases or having a certain tone when writing. In your case, I saw someone write that they couldn't believe people were peddling that Peysner didn't come back to rerecord Ashley's song. I'm guilty of this too, what I said to that person was something I said in this thread, "do you really think they made Peysner stop at You better know my name because it's-".

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Count me in on the Ashley support train! Ashley is my favorite WarioWare character, and her theme is quite catchy. More mages in Smash is a good thing to too, and I think she could bring a lot to Smash with magic and the use of Red as an ally (perhaps he can turn into a broomstick so that she can fly on it for her up-special).

No doubt I'd be quite happy if she is added in Smash, and with no mention of her return as an Assist Trophy at the moment, her chances are looking good right now.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Considering how accurate the WarioWare Gold leak was I'm super hopeful WarioWare Switch is revealed sometime in the next year. Strange. WarioWare as a franchise seemed like it'd never get a new game, now Gold is around the corner (out for Europe), and we might be getting a Switch game too. Such a great franchise. It wouldn't surprise me if they've been simultaneously developing both.

Poor Takeuchi though lol. Dude's probably mad busy drawing a ton. Also busy drawing Ashley's Smash reveal amirite :seuss:

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Considering how accurate the WarioWare Gold leak was I'm super hopeful WarioWare Switch is revealed sometime in the next year. Strange. WarioWare as a franchise seemed like it'd never get a new game, now Gold is around the corner (out for Europe), and we might be getting a Switch game too. Such a great franchise. It wouldn't surprise me if they've been simultaneously developing both.

Poor Takeuchi though lol. Dude's probably mad busy drawing a ton. Also busy drawing Ashley's Smash reveal amirite :seuss:
Haha, I can't say I feel sorry for Ko Takeuchi. Between Megamix, Badge Arcade, and (hopefully) two new WarioWares, he's getting paid the big bucks. And on top of that, he's certainly also working on a trailer for one of his most unforgettable creations getting promoted to the most prestigious appearance a video game character could ask for. The man's got to be on Cloud 9 with all this work.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
Haha, I can't say I feel sorry for Ko Takeuchi. Between Megamix, Badge Arcade, and (hopefully) two new WarioWares, he's getting paid the big bucks. And on top of that, he's certainly also working on a trailer for one of his most unforgettable creations getting promoted to the most prestigious appearance a video game character could ask for. The man's got to be on Cloud 9 with all this work.
Oh man, after Palutena and Robin/Lucina's trailer it makes me think what the other characters would look like in the WarioWare style.

Top Bottom