• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace

Well Day 5 is Yoshi. I don't understand his face. I really don't. Also markers seem to be the enemy. Never again.
Feel like I should redo the ones I botch, but we will just do it if we run out of characters and Ashley still isn't confirmed/deconfirmed.

How do people feel about a mechanic or move that mimics the 'Speed Up' in WarioWare? Either as a stacking buff move that is more effective the more moves you use prior to it? Or it becomes stronger the longer Ashley stays alive?
That art is fantastic, and I think the speed up mechanic could work based how many moves ashley lands on the opponent. If she gets hit 4 times then she has to start back to square 1 and, just like in Warioware. There would be a meter at the bottom showing how many hits she has left, and if she KOs her opponent then she gets an extra hit, but the max is 4, also like in Warioware.

SmashMaster02

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7731-7496-2991
That art is fantastic, and I think the speed up mechanic could work based how many moves ashley lands on the opponent. If she gets hit 4 times then she has to start back to square 1 and, just like in Warioware. There would be a meter at the bottom showing how many hits she has left, and if she KOs her opponent then she gets an extra hit, but the max is 4, also like in Warioware.
That sounds very interesting...

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Don't think it's anything negative regarding Ashley. Even if it was not stated in one interview, it does not shrink her notable popularity.
Anyone that says Ashley isn't popular especially in Japan are just lying to themselves

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Just found out there is an Mario Tennis livestream that will be happening on July the 16th on the official Japanese Nintendo channel, do you dudes think there will be a Smash reveal in it?

For those that want a link to the livestream, here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT-DmdaLH_Q&feature=youtu.be
If not a character reveal, I at least want a stage, call me greedy, but I'm starving for smash news, it's sakurais fault for putting together such a amazing e3 presentation .

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
Just found out there is an Mario Tennis livestream that will be happening on July the 16th on the official Japanese Nintendo channel, do you dudes think there will be a Smash reveal in it?

For those that want a link to the livestream, here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT-DmdaLH_Q&feature=youtu.be
If they advertise it to the English audience too, there might be something cool. Usually things exclusive to one region don't have anything major.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
If they advertise it to the English audience too, there might be something cool. Usually things exclusive to one region don't have anything major.
Well there was that Japan only Direct that revealed Shulk.

SmashMaster02

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7731-7496-2991
If not a character reveal, I at least want a stage, call me greedy, but I'm starving for smash news, it's sakurais fault for putting together such a amazing e3 presentation .
Yeah, he only amplified the hype times 20

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
A traveling Mario Sports stage would be cool. You could visit many different courts from many different sports in one stage.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
A traveling Mario Sports stage would be cool. You could visit many different courts from many different sports in one stage.
I really want a Kirby's airride stage, I loved that game as a kid, it also makes me super hopeful because they released a smash remix for city trial.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
If we're just going to talk about stages we want now I'll just throw out that Ultimate should be the game where R.O.B. finally gets a home stage. No more of this throwing R.O.B. into any random retro stage nonsense.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
If we're just going to talk about stages we want now I'll just throw out that Ultimate should be the game where R.O.B. finally gets a home stage. No more of this throwing R.O.B. into any random retro stage nonsense.
What sort of stage would he get?

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Something involving Gyromite?
Oh wow, i didn't even know rob had functionality with the games until now, I just thought he was a weird robot guy that game with the NES lol, I can see that happening though.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
To represent more of Nintendo's history I think having a stage in a real life bedroom filled with Nintendo systems and accessories would be unique. I can imagine a TV would be in the background connected to multiple Nintendo systems and the screen would change games and a giant R.O.B. be moving around in the background and interacting with the stage with either messing with accessories like a zapper or even some Labo stuff.
Even if we don't get a stage as elaborate as than maybe just a Gyromite themed stage where blue and red pillars periodically raise and lower platforms.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
To represent more of Nintendo's history I think having a stage in a real life bedroom filled with Nintendo systems and accessories would be unique. I can imagine a TV would be in the background connected to multiple Nintendo systems and the screen would change games and a giant R.O.B. be moving around in the background and interacting with the stage with either messing with accessories like a zapper or even some Labo stuff.
Even if we don't get a stage as elaborate as than maybe just a Gyromite themed stage where blue and red pillars periodically raise and lower platforms.
Such a stage is my dream since Melee's trophy room. There's so much potential, fighting on various gaming system (imagine fighting on a N64 with a Smash cartridge in it!) and having an old CRT TV in the background.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
A stage on an NES with a screen in the back playing different retro games would be neat. Maybe have the game in the back determined by the music or by who is fighting. Could probably even have a large R.O.B. next to the NES. I guess it would also have an alternate Famicom version. Maybe have some of the hazards from the games be able to be interacted with? That seems simple enough but keeping the real life room idea if they didn't want to go all out.

Orrrrr... They give us a room based off of Smash 64's opening cutscene with Nintendo peripherals being randomly placed on the desk each time you play. Kinda like the Gamer stage?

Witdamon

Smash Rookie
Orrrrr... They give us a room based off of Smash 64's opening cutscene with Nintendo peripherals being randomly placed on the desk each time you play. Kinda like the Gamer stage?
I'd love this. This would be great.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Something involving Gyromite?
Yeah, a Gyromite stage would work best for R.O.B. Complete with Hector running around.

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman
The only way Sakurai has acknowledged Ashley has to be by the Arcade Bunny assist, right?
Not to mention all those other things from Smash she's gotten. Along with the Japanese votes, he is surely aware that she is at least very popular for a WarioWare character, and probably even a top contender as well.

Wonder what that Bunny meant when it said her potential has been unlocked, was he talking about WarioWare? this game was by WarioWare creator, they obviously know something. Are they really planning an Ashley game or does Nintendo have more plans for Ashley?

Spin-off titles and Smash Bros?! Maybe she was kept relevant because she scored high on the ballot. Ashley didn't start appearing until October of 2015, the same year as Ballot. With the release of her first 3ds theme and badges (that were reworked from her Game and Wario artwork.)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The only way Sakurai has acknowledged Ashley has to be by the Arcade Bunny assist, right?
Not to mention all those other things from Smash she's gotten. Along with the Japanese votes, he is surely aware that she is at least very popular for a WarioWare character, and probably even a top contender as well.

Wonder what that Bunny meant when it said her potential has been unlocked, was he talking about WarioWare? this game was by WarioWare creator, they obviously know something. Are they really planning an Ashley game or does Nintendo have more plans for Ashley?

Spin-off titles and Smash Bros?! Maybe she was kept relevant because she scored high on the ballot. Ashley didn't start appearing until October of 2015, with the release of her first 3ds theme and badges (that were reworked from her Game and Wario artwork.)
We won't know until it happens. Sakurai may not have explicitly said anything about Ashley but he clearly knows she's popular.
And seeing as how the arcade bunny is an assist he had to do some badge arcade research, he had to see all the Ashley badges.
Good things are coming, be it smash or not.

(It's Smash tho)

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
We won't know until it happens. Sakurai may not have explicitly said anything about Ashley but he clearly knows she's popular.
And seeing as how the arcade bunny is an assist he had to do some badge arcade research, he had to see all the Ashley badges.
Good things are coming, be it smash or not.

(It's Smash tho)
Yeah, honestly nothing has really changed. This Ashley hype train will not be derailed!

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Some news regarding the Ashley stardom matter:

I like to think that us asking them prompted them into making this video. Glad to finally have a confirmation, although he neglected to mention that Glowsquid told us not to trust the translation when people started linking to that thread.

I would ask SG to check the Sakurai quote saying that Ashley is his favorite Warioware character, but no one's given me a source for it yet so it's probably also false.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I don't expect anything out of the tourney, I mean has any newcomer from any game ever been revealed in one? Still, it is always good to hope.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Breaking News!
Something Smash Related set for July 16th! This is it people this is Ashley's big debut!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT-DmdaLH_Q

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...hing_smash_bros_special_related_happening_on/
Someone on Reddit posted a rough translation here's what it says:

"Jump Victory Carnival 2018" will be held at Makuhari Messe in Chiba Prefecture on 7/16 (Monday, congratulation) and at INTEX Osaka in Osaka Prefecture on 7/22 (Sunday).​
At the Nintendo booth, we will hold a "winning challenge" that will challenge three consecutive victories between visitors and customers at "Super Brawl Smash Bros. SPECIAL" and "Mario Tennis Ace".​
On this page we will live stream of July 16th.​
※ The program schedule may change due to local event progress. ※ Broadcasting may be interrupted or canceled without prior notice due to troubles etc. on the system. Please note.​

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Mario Tennis Ace ? I guess it's time to promote to playable the assist trophy with a Mii costume we have all been waiting for :

Tony Duck

Smash Rookie
Hey ya’ll, I’m a Ko takeuchi fan who loves his characters. Haha~ my top pick is rhythm heaven, but I’d love Ashley as well~ I’m a supporter!

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wouldn't bank on the tourney having a reveal, but i'll keep an eye on it.

Hey ya’ll, I’m a Ko takeuchi fan who loves his characters. Haha~ my top pick is rhythm heaven, but I’d love Ashley as well~ I’m a supporter!
Welcome to the Ashley hype train!

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
I feel like planning a Mario-spinoff+Smash event the same day means we'll probably get either Ashley or Geno announced as a playable character in both games, I'd be giddy either way.

FarquadMoses

Smash Cadet
Is the tournament broadcast in Japan only? If it's worldwide I'd be convinced we're getting a newcomer reveal but, then again Japan really wanted Ashley and Nintendo's been very stingy with those character reveals.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Sakurai could just go basic and put R.O.B. on the Mario Kart DS stage. He was a playable character in that entry for some reason.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I wonder if they will use the E3 build or a new build for the tourney. A new build could mean more ATs being shown off and that would get the heart a poundin'!

Last edited:
Top Bottom