• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
You know, I really thought Daisy fans were the worst Smash fandom, but now that they got what they wanted they’ve chilled down a bit.

Waluigi on the other hand somehow went in reverse.
My theory is that Waluigi is simply the new meme "why isnt he in smash1!!11" character. In Smash 4 it was Chrom and Ridley, but now that Ridley is actually in and no one cares about Chrom anymore, Waluigi is the next best thing.

The entire point of Waluigi is that he's neglected and a nobody. If Waluigi actually got in Smash somehow, the entire novelty of his character wears off and now he's ACTUALLY a nobody, the only reason he stood out is because he doesn't stand out, so if you actually make him stand out, he loses his only character trait.
Luckily the Waluigi fanbase is entirely a Western thing and in Japan they're much more sensible about character picks, that's why there's so much support for Ashely in both the East and West.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'd rather just have Ashley playable than get caught up in the more petty side of things. No offense to anyone that (rightfully) feels attacked by the detractors.

Let them spew their ignorance. A lot of them already took a massive blow with Ridley's reveal. My guess is at least one more newcomer is going to smack them again. =P

Edit: Honestly, we're in the zone now where more "out there" character choices aren't out of the question anymore. Practically all the all-stars are already in.
Hmm, I guess you're right. I'll try to resist the urge to gloat and be more positive like you if she gets revealed.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
True, tho it was mostly done for attention. Ironically Daisy got in for the exact reasons I wrote her off, which came as a huge shock when she was first revealed. I’ve adapted since.
My initial reaction to daisy was more or less a playful "Haha! Goddammit!" Simply because of Memoryman. I never did dislike Daisy, but a part of me really didn't want him to have what he wanted. XD

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
It depends, if one is just doing speculation then its whatever. If the person is being a jerk about it and attacking those who want her in then you're damn right I'm gonna send a smug af message if she gets revealed.
They were not being a jerk if I'm being honest, so if she doe's get revealed, all i think i will do is just reply with a simple "Ha" I don't think that's too bad.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
They were not being a jerk if I'm being honest, so if she doe's get revealed, all i think i will do is just reply with a simple "Ha" I don't think that's too bad.
I don't know, dude. How will that look upon us as her supporters? Souring people's thoughts on us may sour other people's thoughts on Ashley.

Kind of an abrupt shift from what I said literally 10 minutes ago, but hey. I got called out so I might as well rectify myself.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, dude. How will that look upon us as her supporters? Souring people's thoughts on us may sour other people's thoughts on Ashley.

Kind of an abrupt shift from what I said literally 10 minutes ago, but hey. I got called out so I might as well rectify myself.
Fair enough, suppose I could just have the self satisfaction knowing i was right in the end, without doing that.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?

It's not that bad, dude. >_>

From what I can tell, the Ashley community seems really chill. I was just cautioning against gloating rather than fully condemning it. The rudest detractors live for that stuff. Ignoring them could honestly be a worse punishment.

Noipoi

Howdy!
When she gets in i'll gloat a little. I won't call anyone out but I will say something like
"And you all said she had no chance!". Nothing mean, just savoring the victory.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
It's not that bad, dude. >_>

From what I can tell, the Ashley community seems really chill. I was just cautioning against gloating rather than fully condemning it. The rudest detractors live for that stuff. Ignoring them could honestly be a worse punishment.
Nah, fam. Good lessons were taught by you, even if it may have been by accident. We gonna look so wholesome and it's gonna be great. I know we can come off as defensive sometimes, but that's all over now. If Ash is revealed, we gonna be at the "I was wrong" thread and be super humble and understanding and give off good vibes all around.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I clicked on like two Japanese videos and now Youtube is feeding me a bunch of Japanese Ashley stuff. xD

Here's an 8-bit remix of Ashley's theme I guess.~

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Is the purple lanky guy (not Ridley) actually related to Wario?
I feel like he's more of a Mario spin-off guy made to fill the role Wario's team mate, i mean, he's never been in a Wario game.
If anyone gets mad because of Ashley making it first it would only be their fault for their ignorance and lack of simple research.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
I don't think many people who have been sleeping on Ashley will be salty about Ashley's inclusion. In fact, they'd seem to be willing to happily accept it. If anyone gets upset over her inclusion then I'd gladly explain why she deserves a spot in Smash.

When Ashley gets in sure I'll celebrate but, I don't plan on calling any individual out on it. I don't think it's necessarily stupid to have an opposing opinion against Ashley's having likely chances. Many people don't understand all the details of what she has going for her, however, when people start sputtering unreasonable nonsense that doesn't make sense then I can't help them.

Now that the Ashley fanbase isn't small and soft spoken anymore we are moving on to a new frontier. I hope we can continue being approachable and welcoming but, it'll be harder to keep everything in order the bigger we get.

FarquadMoses

Smash Cadet
I clicked on like two Japanese videos and now Youtube is feeding me a bunch of Japanese Ashley stuff. xD

Makes it seem like WarioWare should have originated on the Gameboy. Too bad it didn't because if it did, without a doubt we'd have Ashley in Smash by now!

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I support, Ashley is too fun of a character for me to not want her.

Last edited:

Kyon9898

Smash Journeyman

I raise by one

I have every Ashley song remake and cover to ever make it onto the internet, across the web! So much fun remixes to hear~ Ashley song madness!

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Thanks! I may not post much here anymore but I am throwing my support behind her!

Welcome aboard! =)

If you don't mind my asking, what are the things that you find fun about her?~
I always kinda found her creepy-but-lonely personality to be pretty interesting, plus I think she could have a pretty interesting moveset, I don't really have a concrete idea but I can see her working as a long-ranged magic-based fighter

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Is the purple lanky guy (not Ridley) actually related to Wario?
I feel like he's more of a Mario spin-off guy made to fill the role Wario's team mate, i mean, he's never been in a Wario game.
If anyone gets mad because of Ashley making it first it would only be their fault for their ignorance and lack of simple research.
While Ashley is more important to the WarioWare franchise (since Waluigi has never even appeared) I feel like Waluigi is just more well known in general. Which is why so many people wanted him. Whether they genuinely supported him or just liked him because of the wah memes.

LancerJayden

Smash Rookie
i wonder if she'll be called "ashley" or 'ashley and red" (like how rosalina is called "rosalina and luma") i guess it depends on weather or not red stays in his staff form or not.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

Well Day 5 is Yoshi. I don't understand his face. I really don't. Also markers seem to be the enemy. Never again.
Feel like I should redo the ones I botch, but we will just do it if we run out of characters and Ashley still isn't confirmed/deconfirmed.

How do people feel about a mechanic or move that mimics the 'Speed Up' in WarioWare? Either as a stacking buff move that is more effective the more moves you use prior to it? Or it becomes stronger the longer Ashley stays alive?

LancerJayden

Smash Rookie
wow your art looks really good!!

Well Day 5 is Yoshi. I don't understand his face. I really don't. Also markers seem to be the enemy. Never again.
Feel like I should redo the ones I botch, but we will just do it if we run out of characters and Ashley still isn't confirmed/deconfirmed.

How do people feel about a mechanic or move that mimics the 'Speed Up' in WarioWare? Either as a stacking buff move that is more effective the more moves you use prior to it? Or it becomes stronger the longer Ashley stays alive?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
wow your art looks really good!!
Lmao of course someone says that on what I think is objectively my worst one yet. Next one will hopefully be better. I feel bad botching Yoshi cause it is my boyfriend's favorite character ever. Oh well I think tomorrow is Kirby which will be fun.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
I could see Ashley get a "LEVEL UP !" move where she have to play minigames while making sure that she isn't attacked (basically Gamer in smash), and every 3 or 5 wins one of her attack/speed/defense stats get upgraded a bit and the minigames get harder and faster like in wario ware until she lose a stock or use a special move where she can exchange all of her upgrades for a devastating move.

LancerJayden

Smash Rookie
Lmao of course someone says that on what I think is objectively my worst one yet. Next one will hopefully be better. I feel bad botching Yoshi cause it is my boyfriend's favorite character ever. Oh well I think tomorrow is Kirby which will be fun.
i like your design for baby ashley (i also think your yoshi doesn't look that bad)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

I'd like to imagine that, instead of crying when knocked of Yoshi's back, she gets pissed and starts attacking everything around her.
Probably having a blast around these magical abominations otherwise.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
It actually bothers me that Ashley and well the whole cast of WarioWare, in general, are never used in Mario spinoffs like at all. instead, we get horrible creation's like Pink Gold Peach and more baby characters.

Like cmon just from this concept Ashley would be already a unique looking Mario Kart character

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
It actually bothers me that Ashley and well the whole cast of WarioWare, in general, are never used in Mario spinoffs like at all. instead, we get horrible creation like Pink Gold Peach and more baby characters.

Like cmon just from this concept Ashley would be already a unique looking Mario Kart character
I like the little broom thingy on the back of the ride, but you know what would be even cooler, if she was riding a broom as her ride instead.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
I like the little edits of Ashley's outfit to better fit kart racing like the boots and shorter dress. It's the little details that count.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
I like the little edits of Ashley's outfit to better fit kart racing like the boots and shorter dress. It's the little details that count.
I know right such a cute change to her dress. It would actually be so cool if Ashley alts, if she gets in, would be based off her appearance throughout the badge arcade.

Of course excluding the Activity Log one

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My theory is that Waluigi is simply the new meme "why isnt he in smash1!!11" character. In Smash 4 it was Chrom and Ridley, but now that Ridley is actually in and no one cares about Chrom anymore, Waluigi is the next best thing.

The entire point of Waluigi is that he's neglected and a nobody. If Waluigi actually got in Smash somehow, the entire novelty of his character wears off and now he's ACTUALLY a nobody, the only reason he stood out is because he doesn't stand out, so if you actually make him stand out, he loses his only character trait.
Luckily the Waluigi fanbase is entirely a Western thing and in Japan they're much more sensible about character picks, that's why there's so much support for Ashely in both the East and West.
Wauigi is gaming's Wacky Races Dastardly; such an underdog that it'd be weird to see him get his way for once.

It actually bothers me that Ashley and well the whole cast of WarioWare, in general, are never used in Mario spinoffs like at all. instead, we get horrible creation's like Pink Gold Peach and more baby characters.

I know, right? They even started removing spin-off characters, since MK8 has no Diddy or Funky. It's like they want people to hate Mario and Peach with all the clones they get.

At least they put the Queen Bee in the bin, where she belongs...

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I support Ashley. She has basically all my requirements, being popular, Relevant, and a new character that has an interesting moveset. She can easily get in for popularity alone, but having a new WarioWare only raises her chances as she could market and help the series get out of the rough patch it was in with Game & Wario. I also believe that Smash needs to start filling some gaps in the roster;

Wario gets Ashley
Mario gets Captain Toad and Daisy (echo)
Donkey Kong gets both Krool and Dixie
Zelda gets Impa
Splatoon gets Inklings and Octolings (echo)
Kirby gets Bandana Waddle Dee
Fire Emblem gets Celica and maybe Chrom (echo)
Pokémon gets Decidueye
ARMS gets Spring Man
Animal Crossing gets Isabelle (echo)
Sonic gets Shadow (echo)
Metroid gets Ridley and Dark Samus (echo)
Xenoblade gets Rex and Pyra or Elma

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
You know, I really thought Daisy fans were the worst Smash fandom, but now that they got what they wanted they’ve chilled down a bit.

Waluigi on the other hand somehow went in reverse.
Problem with fanbases is that some of them gets too huge, and some people blame the whole fanbase, based on few individuals, which is wrong. Still, what is not entirely wrong is blaming the individuals themselves, as they are accountable for their own actions. When a fanbase gets too big, we can't be reasurred about all the members. This I know, coming from the K. Rool fanbase, but then again, it is as I've stated, one can not blame the whole community based on the actions on one or two members who messed up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom