• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I've seen some people say they'd be upset if Ashley made it in over Waluigi, which I don't understand. They have absolutely no relation to eachother. Waluigi isn't a Wario character either. That's something I see a lot of. I know Wario and Waluigi are pairs in Mario spin offs, but Smash Wario represents WarioWare. So that point is null.
I hope that's not the primary response if she gets in. The Waluigi meme is annoying enough as it is without ruining the Ashley hype.

If you fine folks are interested, here's a simple moveset idea I came up with for her.

Entrance: Her and Red coming out of a book like the ending splash screen in her Game and Wario segment.
B- the purple bolt from Game and Wario. Can be charged, but will backfire if charged too long.
B> - Red charges at the opponents. In mid-air Ashley grabs on for horizontal recovery.
B^ - flies up on her broom and spins in a circle ala her G&W segment.
Bv- a sort of counter where she faces away from the opponents, if they attack her she spooks then with a mask, stunning them (based off her framing in WarioWare DIY where losing a microgame has her spook the player (and Red) with a mask)
Her neutrals would be bludgeoning with her wand, Smash attacks, tilts and aerials would have more types of magic zaps, swinging her spell book around, dropping Red and his trident down, summoning spiked vines, whipping her twintails, etc.
Final Smash is either
-Sucks the other fighters into the book from Game & Wario, trapping them in the demonic dimension within before shutting the book closed.
-Has a variation on Kirby's Brawl FS where the cauldron explodes into thorned vines at the end.
-The lightning powerup from Game & Wario.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I feel physical pain time someone dismisses Ashley like she's got no chance at all.
Okay not really but what's up with that?

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Exactly. There will always be people who are upset that a character made it before theirs did.
Yeah, we are definitely going to see "but Ashley is a side character from a niche series, she doesn't deserve it!" or "It should had been Mona and Jimmy T as they have seniority" and things like that. Always the same song and dance for each newcomer.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I feel physical pain time someone dismisses Ashley like she's got no chance at all.
Okay not really but what's up with that?
Are you referring to that one guy with the Lucina profile picture in the general discussion?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Whoa, that would mean this would be the third(?) character of his that was an assist?

if you count Kat/ana and Ashley, that is up to three total assists he's gotten into Smash. What if the Bunny replaced Ashley as Ko's assists and he'll finally have his Ashley playable!
Possibly, I could definitely see that being the case (We all know that the Bunny loves Ashley so maybe he wanted her in so bad he took her place as the Assist! :laugh:) it’s always good to get more characters Ko created into Smash, especially with his incredible art style which brings the characters to life!

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Thought so, i saw your face on the same page. Now this may seem petty, but i've bookmarked that page, and if Ashley get revealed, i'm gonna reply to that post on that day. Is this taking it too far? is this being childish? maybe, but the amount of self satisfaction i would get from that would be godlike.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
People are always a bit surprised when I explain to them what Ashley's been up to in recent years, thus why she's so likely. Seems if you don't keep up with the smaller scope stuff Ashley's been so prominent in, you wouldn't get why she'd be such a contender.

Thought so, i saw your face on the same page. Now this may seem petty, but i've bookmarked that page, and if Ashley get revealed, i'm gonna reply to that post on that day. Is this taking it too far? is this being childish? maybe, but the amount of self satisfaction i would get from that would be godlike.
Wish I could do that to the guy on 4chan who called me many nasty things for wanting Ashley and Isabelle over Goku.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
Today is the 8th of July in the year 2018.
No recent developments has been discovered besides some drivel from the Anonymous Leaker Known as 4Chan.
While everyone else had dreams about Smashley I ended up having a nightmare where my house was blown up by the government because I rode my bike too fast.
Today has been ok.

This thread keeps on multiplying everyday. Each time I check up on this thing it ends up getting 10 pages longer. This is absolutely insane. This thread was only 3 pages long when I joined and now it's close to 50 and still going strong.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Where is this? I'm just curious.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
People are always a bit surprised when I explain to them what Ashley's been up to in recent years, thus why she's so likely. Seems if you don't keep up with the smaller scope stuff Ashley's been so prominent in, you wouldn't get why she'd be such a contender.

Wish I could do that to the guy on 4chan who called me many nasty things for wanting Ashley and Isabelle over Goku.
I wouldn't get to worked up over people on 4chan, not sure if that guy was being ironic or not about goku, but if he was being serious,i genuinely feel bad for them.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I wouldn't get to worked up over people on 4chan, not sure if that guy was being ironic or not about goku, but if he was being serious,i genuinely feel bad for them.
I try. He got SO worked up over me wanting "puppies and little girls" over "a fighting character" there's no way he wasn't serious. It was pretty pathetic.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I try. He got SO worked up over me wanting "puppies and little girls" over "a fighting character" there's no way he wasn't serious.
Doesn't he realize the best part about smash is that the character doesn't have to be a fighter to get in

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
In the official Smash Ultimate discussion thread page 2212.
To be honest I was expecting something more hateful or petty. This is just someone not informed, I suppose. Nothing to be worked up about, compared to that 4chan guy (although it's just 4chan so...)

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Doesn't he realize the best part about smash is that the character doesn't have to be a fighter to get in
Not like Smash isn't already populated by little kids and a literal freakin' dog or anything, right?

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
The more oddballs who get into Smash the better.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
To be honest I was expecting something more hateful or petty. This is just someone not informed, I suppose. Nothing to be worked up about, compared to that 4chan guy (although it's just 4chan so...)
I agree for the most part, the part that got me was that how random it was, and how it was brought up for no reason, guessing he saw Noipoi's profile pic and just had to add his two cents. Then again, people are entitled to their uninformed opinion.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I agree for the most part, the part that got me was that how random it was, and how it was brought up for no reason, guessing he saw Noipoi's profile pic and just had to add his two cents.
Maybe. At least he does say "out of context". I prefer that to some almost hateful posts in the "characters you don't want" thread.
Edit: hopefully there's only one.

Last edited:

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Just curious if Ashley gets in would you want any of the other WarioWare characters in Smash?
9-Volt would be pretty cool. He could use different peripherals from throughout Nintendo's history for his attacks. Maybe his Final Smash would be the Virtual Boy, lol.

But at this point in time, I genuinely think nobody has a chance besides Ashley due to her popularity. In terms of a 2nd WarioWare character in Smash, it's either her or nobody at all, and I really hope she gets in.

She was one of the many characters I would have liked to see in Smash 4, and when she was revealed as an assist trophy, I was satisfied. With a new game coming that has pretty much every other character I want, Ashley has become my #1 most wanted 1st party newcomer. I don't want her to be an assist trophy anymore.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Would Ashley count as anime? I guess it's Japanese but...
Well, the artstyle is rather japanese and she is featured in animated cute scenes cutscenes... She isn't less or more anime than Fire Emblem or Xenoblade in that regard (although FE does have some animated OAV if I recall well).

It's closer to things such as Aggretsuko than Jojo for sure. Aggretsuko being herself closer to Isabelle. And Animal Crossing does have an anime (prior to Isabelle, though.)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Speaking of Aggretsuko, if Ashley did get a new actress would anyone mind it being Erica Mendez?

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Also we are getting real close to 2000 posts, that is crazy, goes to show her popularity isn't just in Japan.

Last edited:

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
Am I the only that's not bugged by the amount of anime swordsmen in Smash?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm fine with it too. They are mostly confined in Fire Emblem, and there's Robin and Corrin who bring originality. Shulk and Cloud are also original, and the same goes for all the Links (especially with the new BotW Link).
The remaining blades are different enough (Metaknight, Pit's bow / dual blade, and even Ganondorf's new big sword).

It's what... 15 swords among a varied cast of 66 fighters? (and that counts echoes + the trainer as one character).

I also realise that speaking of "anime" swordsmen is pointless considering everyone except Diddy is from japanese companies. And there's a Kirby anime, so Metaknight surely count as one.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I want to play the demo but I live in America. Why can't Jimmy make some games for me?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah, we are definitely going to see "but Ashley is a side character from a niche series, she doesn't deserve it!" or "It should had been Mona and Jimmy T as they have seniority" and things like that. Always the same song and dance for each newcomer.
That’s one of my biggest problems with speculation on characters. People will use every possible line of thinking to argue with someone who just believes their character has a chance. All in the name of either trying to be smug in being correct in predictions or just because they think every character that isn’t their own takes away from the chances of their personal pick.

Though the first time I’ve heard the argument that a character is TOO relevant, which might be the most laughable excuse from someone I’ve seen. The second biggest character after Wario himself is undeserving of a spot? I mean I know some people will argue she’s not that important, but she is a large part and now has a large fan base.

I said this in the Geno thread (and again, don’t rag on Geno and King K. Rool just because they are in “competition” with Ashley, that’s unproductive). If fans support a character that could have a unique and interesting move set, there shouldn’t be any issue with including them in the game.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Don't know your Ashley stuff, do you?

This is official, created for The Badge Arcade, which was used to promote both parties. Badge Arcade and Lawson Stores. Also
Just bumping this to say, I wish the female Gammoth armor (the one worn by Nikki) didn't look so stupid in the real game.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm not bothered by it either. I think it's just people who dislike the anime look (I'm a weeb so I don't care), because Link and several other characters use swords and nobody bats an eye. At least people can't complain about Ashley being an anime swordsfighter if she makes it in lol.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
9-Volt would be pretty cool. He could use different peripherals from throughout Nintendo's history for his attacks. Maybe his Final Smash would be the Virtual Boy, lol.

But at this point in time, I genuinely think nobody has a chance besides Ashley due to her popularity. In terms of a 2nd WarioWare character in Smash, it's either her or nobody at all, and I really hope she gets in.

She was one of the many characters I would have liked to see in Smash 4, and when she was revealed as an assist trophy, I was satisfied. With a new game coming that has pretty much every other character I want, Ashley has become my #1 most wanted 1st party newcomer. I don't want her to be an assist trophy anymore.
The way I see it, having Ashley in Smash would be the best way to open a window of opportunity for other possible Wario characters to get in. A sort of ambassador, if you will.

What I'm saying is that, after people will have tried Ashley, they may go "she sure is neat, I wonder how her series is like" and then discover a bunch of other cool characters that catch their interest. It helps that WarioWare Gold is coming, so the series would still be fresh in people's minds by then.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Don't know your Ashley stuff, do you?

This is official, created for The Badge Arcade, which was used to promote both parties. Badge Arcade and Lawson Stores. Also
Just letting you guys know that this is a major chain convenience store in Asia, what other Nintendo characters do you know that promote stores. Seriously though if that isn’t notable I dunno what is.

Top Bottom