• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Being serious, is there genuinely a chance we'll see something at EVO later today? Would there be any hints or potential foreshadowing that Nintendo would do to make it more notable?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
While I'm trying not to make assumptions, Nintendo actually responded to an Ashley post on Twitter.

Make of it what you will.

Dilliciouz

Smash Cadet
Honestly, that image in the tweet when wario asking who was our favorite character is weird, like ashley wasn't in it at all.

It's almost like they are messing with us.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
While I'm trying not to make assumptions, Nintendo actually responded to an Ashley post on Twitter.

Make of it what you will.
Yeah, there was a "Wario takeover" not but a few moments ago. We were all just talking about it.

Incidentally OP, could I respectfully ask you to update the supporter list? It's grown... pretty exponentially since the previous update. >_>

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah, there was a "Wario takeover" not but a few moments ago. We were all just talking about it.

Incidentally OP, could I respectfully ask you to update the supporter list? It's grown... pretty exponentially since the previous update. >_>
That reply was made when Wario was tweeting, though technically it still was Nintendo...
Yes I know it was during the Wario takeover.

I'm pointing to the fact that they responded to an Ashley tweet. Whether it has any significance.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
This is getting pretty exciting, I'm convinced Ashley is going to be the next newcomer they reveal, even if it isn't( but should be) tonight.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Short lived Wario takeover hehe. Currently playing Warioware Gold right now trying to unlock Ashley's Pumpkin Panic minigame

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, that image in the tweet when wario asking who was our favorite character is weird, like ashley wasn't in it at all.

That reply was made when Wario was tweeting, though technically it still was Nintendo...
I'm guessing that it's a standard-issue PR response to anyone saying "Ashley/Jimmy T./Mona/Penny/Cricket/etc is the best Wario Ware character!", done in a cheeky way. It probably doesn't mean anything.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman

Well, she wasn't the only one missing - Ana and 9-Volt also weren't there, among others. Could be a good sign, though!

Also, the Nintendo VS Twitter just posted this:

I'm guessing this doesn't mean anything, but who knows? Maybe they're trying to get people excited and watching before a reveal :p

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman

I'm guessing this doesn't mean anything, but who knows? Maybe they're trying to get people excited and watching before a reveal :p
I was actually pretty concerned that they weren't really advertising the EVO exhibition matches much.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, she wasn't the only one missing - Ana and 9-Volt also weren't there, among others. Could be a good sign, though!

To be honest, I really doubt that means anything, honestly, but that's just me knowing Nintendo.

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I really doubt that means anything, honestly, but that's just me knowing Nintendo.
Yeah, I agree - I'm not really expecting any reveals from EVO. But nobody posted about it, so I figured it'd be best to have all the cards on the table... just in case!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hmm, somebody tweeted that 9-Volt is the best WW character, only for Wario to say otherwise. So that's two posters that got acknowledged.

So yeah, probably a red herring. Though I will say it's quite weird to see Dribble without Spitz on that image...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hmm, somebody tweeted that 9-Volt is the best WW character, only for Wario to say otherwise. So that's two posters that got acknowledged.

So yeah, probably a red herring. Though I will say it's quite weird to see Dribble without Spitz on that image...
Either that or 9-Volt replaces Ashley as an Assist Trophy...
Yeah, it's probably nothing.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
When I first saw this thread it was only in the low 80s. Now it's 113 pages long and is the second largest thread behind King K Rool. It's clear that there's hype and demand for Ashley.

I hope that Sakurai knows it.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I count 97 people viewing this thread right now! Can we get a hundred?!
Rip I fell asleep. Did we ever make it to 100?

Also I wanna play Gold soooo bad but I'm forcing myself to play touched! And twisted first. I've still gotta buy those games though.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Anyway, this has been discussed before, but with all of the new faces I think it would lead to some fun discussion. How do you guys think a Metal Gear Codec and/or Palutena's Guidance would go for Ashley? I have a distinct feeling both are back(It's Sakurai, of course he would bring them back).

VillagerX3

Smash Cadet
Anyway, this has been discussed before, but with all of the new faces I think it would lead to some fun discussion. How do you guys think a Metal Gear Codec and/or Palutena's Guidance would go for Ashley? I have a distinct feeling both are back(It's Sakurai, of course he would bring them back).
It would be so cool to have an Easter egg like Snake’s Codec or Palutena’s Guidance! It can be with most (or all) of the WarioWare characters discussing the character they’re with. They can have actual voice lines from their voices in Gold.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It would be so cool to have an Easter egg like Snake’s Codec or Palutena’s Guidance! It can be with most (or all) of the WarioWare characters discussing the character they’re with. They can have actual voice lines from their voices in Gold.
I think we would all love that, but I do not think there will be any new ones. They already have to do so much for the ones they already have. I was thinking more in line what character's like Snake, Pit, Palutena, and Viridi would have to say about Ashley.

Noipoi

Howdy!
:ultsnake:: Hold on, I don't wanna fight a little girl!
Otacon: That's no ordinary little girl, Snake! You better learn her name because it's A-ashley!

Siggy88

Smash Apprentice
This thread is going too fast!

Anyways, will there be a stream for the event?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm curious: how many people in here got or are getting WarioWare Gold now that it's out worldwide? (also curious to see how many are warioware virgins)
Already got it. I barely played (or didn't play at all) the earlier titles but played Smooth Moves a lot.

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
:ultsnake:: Hold on, I don't wanna fight a little girl!
Otacon: That's no ordinary little girl, Snake! You better learn her name because it's A-ashley!
Otacon: She can even rule the world and still finish her homework

Iv'e never played a Warioware before.
I pre-ordered Gold so it'll be my first Warioware game!
Same me too... I’m trying to buy it today or tomorrow

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious: how many people in here got or are getting WarioWare Gold now that it's out worldwide? (also curious to see how many are warioware virgins)
I'd get Gold but, to quote Wario in that game, "Oh yeah. No money." My 3DS is also in pretty bad shape, too...

I had Warioware Mega Party Games on the Gamecube, and got to play DIY and Smooth Moves thanks to a friend owning a copy, so I'm pretty familiar with the series.

Last edited:

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Probably going to pick it up in the coming days, though I won't be playing it until after I finish the rest of the series.

Euler23

Smash Cadet
Iv'e never played a Warioware before.
I pre-ordered Gold so it'll be my first Warioware game!
I’ll be getting it this weekend. I’ve played Smooth Moves and Mega Microgames (thanks to the 3ds Ambassador Program). I considered getting Touched, but I passed it up as I wanted to hold out for a WarioWare on the 3ds. Was worth the wait.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
I'd get Gold but, to quote Wario in that game, "Oh yeah. No money." My 3DS is also in pretty bad shape, too...

I had Warioware Mega Party Games on the Gamecube, and got to play DIY some as well, so I'm pretty familiar with the series.
Looks like you need to convince some chumps to do all the work for your copy.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Only the first one, which I think they gave away as part of the Ambassador program they had several years ago. I'll probably pick up Gold sometime this month.

Top Bottom