• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
I said its the Hard 'est' not Hard which also means Its the least Easiest. Sounds better now?

If you haven't beaten the game Do NOT Read

I would say my favourite boss is
Gannondorf all forms because

#1. First form Zelda, because its the classic battle phantom gannon, ganondorf, shadow gannon.

#2. Secound form Ganon beast, fighting, mostly seeing it was a blast from the past, also the wolf form jumped in to fight beast to beast.

#3. Horse riding, this one not so much but fighting on horseback is fun.

#4. Final battle: Sword fighting, Ending of a Zelda game without a Stab with a sword wouldn't be a zelda game This fight was TRUELY EPIC far more better than the desert dungeon's boss. When ganon dies, thats when the game ends with the classic finish tecnique from wind waker and maybe other title i havent beaten.

>Spoilers End here.<

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I liked the baboon who slapped his *** every time he hit me. It made me wanna slapped mine when I beat him. I was already standing up because he got on my nerves so I thought I might as well.
Plus, he helped me on the first boss by using BOMBS. Yeah, I know. The Gale Boomerang is fun to play with when explosions are involved! Same for arrows. :flame:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The boss battle against Zant was probably the funnest battle for me. I laughed because he was insanely happy during the entire battle a la Majora's Mask boss battle.
Also, the part where he shrinks was funny to me.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
The boss battle against Zant was probably the funnest battle for me. I laughed because he was insanely happy during the entire battle a la Majora's Mask boss battle.

Zant was too easy i didn't like it that much except i laughed a little because he's high. (cuz he laughed too much)

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Zant was to easy. I only laughed a little because hes psyhco and high.

BTW: im gone from this board. Zeldas done, so now on to more Wii games and Xbox 360.

Sensai

Smash Master
From the board or from the thread? Anyways, see ya mate.
Spoiler!

The boss battle with Zant was alright. Nothing really all that special, except for the whole memory-lane deal. I enjoyed that dungeon, though, for sure. Very surreal feel to it, y'know?

/spoiler

FireBomb

Smash Lord
The boss battle with Zant was alright. Nothing really all that special, except for the whole memory-lane deal. I enjoyed that dungeon, though, for sure. Very surreal feel to it, y'know?
It sucks that the item you get from that dungeon is
just a shiny sword you can only use in that place. What a rip-off.
Too bad they didn't have the sword lasers like in the 2D Zelda games, that would've been awesome.

Stryks

Smash Hero
To me my favorite boss battle was agains the dragon from the sky temple, and the sand-dragon-floating-head thing from that place in gerudo desert (lol forgot the name :p), zant was fun too, and ganondorf was epic XD...

Sensai

Smash Master
Spoilers!

With the exception of Ganondorf, the Arbiter's Grounds boss was by far the coolest. Without a doubt.
FireBomb said:
Too bad they didn't have the sword lasers like in the 2D Zelda games, that would've been awesome.
I was actually assuming that that would be the last hidden skill. I was just WAITING for it, and then it never came.

/spoiler

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
It sucks that the item you get from that dungeon is
just a shiny sword you can only use in that place. What a rip-off.
I agree with the
Light Sword thing. I want my sword to be ridiculously bright all the time!

W00t! 500th post.

Rabiteman

Smash Cadet
A little over here, a little over there, and maybe
?!SPOILERS!?

Ah, that was a great game. I loved the horse fights and the boss battles so much. I was really, really disappointed in the music (the remixes of old tunes were good, but most of the new stuff sucked) and the Cave of Ordeals prize...heck, I thought all the sidequest prizes were a HUUUUGE rip off. Not to mention THEY DIDN'T HAVE LIKE LIKES OR IRON KNUCKLES (stupid darknuts...).

My favorite boss battle was definitely the battle against Stallord-Abiter's Grounds- (it's a giant pinball arena with dead guys as bumpers, you gotta love it). Second is the dragon, I was looking foward to this one right when I got the second clawshot. I was thinking "oh boy, I'm totally going to be flying from peahat to peahat over a 1,000 mile drop to oblivion. But sadly, there was no death drop.:urg: I also liked the Lakebed Temple boss because it was a battle fought completely under water, which made it cool. I don't know where to put the 3rd and 4th ganondorf battle in there, they rocked..

I thought the last dungeon sucked in whole aside from the crappiest item in the game. I know some will disagree with me but look at it this way- Okay, you got the
Twilight Palace
, mm-hmm, good atmosphere, what with the hand things*, now compare it to the last temple in Ocarina of Time (the Spirit Temple I suppose) and it is an incredibly large disappointment(to me at least). Short, with dragging those stupid ball things around for half of it (which made it seem even shorter, because you had to backtrack) and a really crappy item(which was fairly surprising to me, because the other items wre so awesome). But it had a good boss.

Heh, I also was expecting a lazy-beam sword as the final technique, too.

* those hand thingies are supposed to be wallmasters right?

Sensai

Smash Master
I didn't think the music was all that bad...given, almost 0% of it was new, so it's hard to err like that.

As far as I'm concerning, this game is setting up for the next big Zelda game, which (if the rumor is true), is deeper into development then we think. Hopefully this will prove true.

Spoilers!

Do you think that we'll ever see Midna again? She's unlike Navi....when OoT was over, I was like 'Oh thank God! Navi's gone!' When TP ended (like...after credits and everything) I was like 'Aw dammit. Where am I gonna get my spunk now?'
/spoiler

Stryks

Smash Hero
i Doubt it, but im sure they'll bring another partner character,as long as she/he/it isnt as annoying as navi... Hey! Listen! watchout!... glad those days are over...

Sensai

Smash Master
Spoilers! Wii!!!

I figure if Ganon can CONTINUALLY travel back and forth, then surely Midna can too. That being said, I don't really think it'll happen...oh well.

/spoiler

/tear

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I think it's better if she never comes back. I didn't like how FFX2 tried to bring back a character just to please people.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Guide characters are never repeated, from Navi to Tatl, King of Red Lions, Ezlo, to Midna, to name some. I'd rather not see Midna any more than I have to myself. She's shady.

Sensai

Smash Master
Good point, Chill. But Midna is, as FireBomb put it, 'shady'. You never know really what her intentions are throughout most of the game (although one can easily guess correctly).

The King of Red Lions is essentially the king of Hyrule, Ezlo becomes immortalized as Link's hat. Perhaps Midna can be some type of symbol or something?

I dunno...she seems like such a deep character to have wasted on only one game.

D

Deleted member

Just finished it tonight. ****, that was a fun game. I'm sad now, it's over :(

(I've had like, 99% of the game finished for a long time now, I was just savouring the last dungeon for a bad day or something)

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Yay I just beat it yesterday!!!
I didn't think that Gannondorf was particularly hard, I didn't even need much help on him. On the fourth battle, I had 2 blue potions, the magic armour, and 600 rupees, so I went all out:chuckle:. I didn't even really need the armour, so i took it off. The ending really suprised me cuz I thought someone would die or something, oh well, I'm just happy I beat it! Definitly the best adventure game I've ever played.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I am getting annoyed about the hot springwater side quest because the spring water becomes regular water before I can get to the Goron. Is there any good tips to this? Because I found the howling stone at the sacred grove and I howled at it and the only way I know how to get to the wolf/soldier is through the stone wall that the goron is trying to destroy.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Smashman, you have a Wii? Give me your number and I'll add you after I get it back from a friend.

I hope you're transporting that barrel of spring water that you have to carry over your head and not the water in a bottle. If you are then simply walk along the right side of hyrule field. Be as close to the edge of the cliff as possible and no enemies will attack. Talk to the goron on the bridge and he will become rejuvenated by the hot spring water.

Go to his shop and buy some hot spring water. Carry it to the goron.

Zink

Smash Champion
smashman- I'm certain there's other ways to get to that wolf. I got almost all of the way through the game without breaking the wall, and I have all the wolves except the last.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
After that tragic accident where I lost my save file on the last dungeon, I beat it about a week ago. The final boss battle rocked.
Being close to the end, I was dissapointed there wasn't more horseback combat in the story, but then I got to the final boss. Because when you think about it, not counting things that most likely won't carry over to the next game, like the Twilight and wolf form, the new horseback combat was the one of, if not the biggest, improvements in gameplay. Yeah, the Wii controls and all that, but those weren't planned from the start. I don't think there has ever been a Zelda final boss in a field like that, at least not against Ganon, it's always been in a castle, and I don't think it was as a swordfight, either. Zant was a slight dissapointment, but Ganon made up for it.

I think I figured out why, despite the boss battles being fun, people have been complaining of them being too easy: When fighting Armorok over again, I realized they made it very intimidating and formidable looking, but since I already beat it, I knew it wasn't going to live up to that. That was when I realized, when they set you up for a huge battle and it turns out it's not, it's just anticlimactic and somewhat dissapointing.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Is there a golden rupee? Today I found a silver rupee worth 200, and I thought that if there was silver, then there would obvioulsy be a gold, probably worth 500. If anyone has found one, can you tell me where it is?

Sensai

Smash Master
To my knowledge, there's no golden rupee. But I'm not sure.

I wouldn't say that any of the game was hard, but a lot of the puzzles were challenging. It's not like they resulted in game overs or anything, but they were still sorta tough.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
You dont need the wooden shield. You dont really need shields, period. They're only useful for specific enemies, and even then there's always alterative ways of slaying them. I dont think I even used the shield the whole game. (except in the cave of ordeals against the four darknuts)

Top Bottom