• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Haha I have a lot to explain... but right now I'm writing a major philosophy assignment!

Uni sure is hard! I'll be back with major force this weekend!

But it's hard to stay away from the gaming society when your frothing demand for Wii and Zelda increases by every minute

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ummm...Yea.

On topic:

http://us.wii.com/soft_loz_tp.jsp

Some people playing Zelda. And not entirely knowing what they're doing. Huzzah.

---

Dude...they seriously mirrored the entire game for the Wii, didn't they?

I didn't even notice it at first...
Won't that be weird, playing the GCN version or the Wii version, and going through stuff...backwards?

Character designs will, theoretically, alsobe reversed...isn't that just a tad weird?
Why reverse the whole game instead of just Link's hands?
I heard it was something about how he will interact with stuff differently because he's right-handed. I dunno, it just seems strange to me.
What do you guys think?

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
While I don't think I personally like the idea of having the entire game mirrored, to me it does make perfect sense to mirror the whole thing to avoid gameplay issues like that. I actually thought of that before I read your sentence on it.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, from impressions I've read, it's a non-issue, you won't even notice it unless you play the GCN version.

Here's a link to an interview with someone who's played the game for about 40 hours:
http://thehylia.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1162423906&archive=&start_from=&ucat=4&

I read it, it's not spoilerific, only a few minor things, it's pretty much all about the gameplay/controls.

Heard the music, however, is not fully orchestrated and is basically all sequenced, which is a big let down for me, but if it's composed well enough, I won't mind that much.
I just don't see why Zelda can't have as quality a soundtrack as God of War did.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I didn't even notice it at first...
Won't that be weird, playing the GCN version or the Wii version, and going through stuff...backwards?

Character designs will, theoretically, alsobe reversed...isn't that just a tad weird?
Why reverse the whole game instead of just Link's hands?
I heard it was something about how he will interact with stuff differently because he's right-handed. I dunno, it just seems strange to me.
What do you guys think?
Well, you would have to reverse every single thing Link does with his hands... All of it. Opening doors, the trajectory of the boomerang, the way enemies are hit... If I were a Nintendo developer... I'd probably just mirror the game...

...Besides, it's kinda funny and quirky, and that always suits a game well.

D

Deleted member

Is it just me, or does it look like this game is sped up?

It just looks like a lot of the animations are really quick, like the doors opening, (or rolling I should say) Link putting his sword away, and just general combat.

It just looks like it's too fast.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Because Link should take ages to open a chest and take ages to show that you just got 5 Rupees?

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's true.
But yea, some footage hit the net today, and yea, it DOES look faster.
What's impressing me, though, is that it looks lke 60 frames per second.
It's cool to see the new trailer, which has a lot of similarities to the E3'05 trailer, but we get to see how certain scenes have been changed, etc.

Excitement abounds.
Are we allowed to post links to video media that's up now?
I'm not sure, because there's technically an embargo on that until tomorrow...
Otherwise I would. But rest assured, there's some out there--haven't pored through all of it yet, but it does look happy.
*cringe*
But I still can't believe the music quality is...not quite up to snuff with everything else.
It sounds fine, it's just...with the quality of everything else, you'd expect it to sound better.

--

Oh,nevermind, I guess these aren't technically leaked, they're actually released by Nintendo themselves.

Title Screen!
http://us.wii.com/viewer_zelda.jsp?vid=8

New trailer!
http://us.wii.com/viewer_zelda.jsp?vid=9

There's also some short clips on the site aside from those. Nothing really worth watching, but, eh, we'll gobble up whatever scraps we get, huh?

You can download the videos at the Wiire as well.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
The clip for the title screen is absolutely incredible. It does a lot to show the actual scope of the game. . .it reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus, actually. Isolation amidst a huge, beautiful landscape stretching into the horizon. Good stuff.

If nothing else, just watching the title screen got me stoked for this game. How odd.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, it's that atmospheric, isn't it?
Although, frankly, the animation for Epona just doesn't look as good as Agro in Shadow of the Colossus. I'm going to be looking at this game with a rather critical eye until I get my hands on it (by which I'll probably stop caring, we'll see), and even then...I may still be critical. If it beats my expectations, which are basically that it is AAA quality, since that's how Nintendo as been touting it, then I will be very pleased.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
We've been waiting far too long to have the game turn out to be not AAA quality. If it isn't, most fans are going to riot.

I'm in a very sucky situation....I'm going to get the virtual console controller and Twilight Princess BEFORE I get the actual Wii.

Still, besides all that, the opening video was awe inspiring. Nintendo has outdone themselves.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I absolutley love that music. If that is a good representation of what it will be like in the game, then this will have an amazing score.

And I usually don't pay attention to things like that.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Umm...
That's a girl.
Her name is Midna. We don't really know much about her except that she plays a similar role as that of Tatyl from Majora's Mask (I use Tatyl rather than Navi due to Midna's personality, or at least what I have heard of it), except Midna actually contributes to Link's abilities when he is in wolf form.

And yes, we have been waiting for this game for a long time, Nintendo has hyped it as their "best Zelda game ever," and I think we have every right to be critical.
I actually am complimenting Nintendo by being so critical, I come to expect a high level of quality from them, and I would think they're better than letting such a quality presentation slide by with mediocre sound quality.

But I'm trying to reserve judgement until I play it as best I can.
All I can say is when I'm watching the intro and the choir is sounding not quite there, if it was an atcual choir, it'd be perfect, but it's NOT, and when everything else is, it just...I dunno, it feels a little off, and it's kind of disappointing.

And after the music composer said he was excited about using an actual orchestra for at least parts of the game...

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Personally, I love the score. In the case of the choir, I actually think the computer is better. If it was an actual choir, it wouldn't sound right. The choir should sound sort of muted and far off for the title, not like its right next to you.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Yes...we've known that the girl with the hood is indeed Zelda. Seems like we've known that for ages. And now it's less than 3 weeks away...just can't wait.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
An actual choir would sound great, how would it not?
Real choir sounds more lifelike and powerful than a synthesized voice.

I've heard Epona's Song 'sung' by a synth voice and actually sung by a real girl, and the real girl beats the crap out of the synth.

I also disagree and think the choir should be more powerful at the title, it gives it an emotional punch at the end, to say, "This is Zelda, and it is dark, my friend. Are you ready?"

Of course, it would be more emotionally powerful with a real choir, but, eh...

Yep, only 15 days away, huh?
For those who get one that day, anyway. ;P

An actual choir would sound great, how would it not?
Real choir sounds more lifelike and powerful than a synthesized voice.

I've heard Epona's Song 'sung' by a synth voice and actually sung by a real girl, and the real girl beats the crap out of the synth.

I also disagree and think the choir should be more powerful at the title, it gives it an emotional punch at the end, to say, "This is Zelda, and it is dark, my friend. Are you ready?"

Of course, it would be more emotionally powerful with a real choir, but, eh...That's my opinion.
I expect more from Nintendo, not because of my own personal wants, persay, but because it's a shame to see such a stellar-looking title gimp out on sound quality.
Graphical quality, sure, yea, I understand Wii isn't as powerful as the others, but SOUND-wise? I think Wii could handle orchestra recordings just fine.

Zink

Smash Champion
I find it very interesting that we've learned absolutely nothing about Gannondorf... considering we already have enough info for a full storyline, and Gannondorf was been hyped up a bit, this could be interesting.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Ganondorf was reincanated as an ugly *** woman named Midna who needs Link in order to regain his True form(just like he needed link to access the sacred land in OoT). I dunno.

All I know is I'm sure Midna is someone in an altered form, whether she's using Link for her own purposes or not.

But has anyone else noticed that she has weird jagged blue marks on her just like that pixelated wormhole those enemies drop out of in one trailer?

saberhof

Smash Master
ok i told this to stryks, but i need to ask, is there info on were this midba is from?? cause if she appeard out of nowere i think shes gonna end up evil at the end.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I really doubt, however evil Midna may turn out to be, that SHE is going to be Ganon in disguise, simply on the grounds that it would require a gender change... Now, if you were a game developer, why would you do that? You wouldn't.

Also, I wonder what that horse thing shown in the 'People playing Wii" videos are all about. Either those guys suck, or it's a difficult task.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I really doubt, however evil Midna may turn out to be, that SHE is going to be Ganon in disguise, simply on the grounds that it would require a gender change... Now, if you were a game developer, why would you do that? You wouldn't.
Well, in OoT there was this little character called Shiek...

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
For those interested:
IGN said:
If Wii Sports is for the non-gamers, Twilight Princess is for the hardcore. After I spent 10 hours with the game, I barely managed to squeak by two temples, with the third so far off that I could scarcely imagine getting there, let alone approach the objective. (For the record, out of 30 or so journalists, nobody came close to the third temple.) I asked how long it took Nintendo's testers to complete the entire game the first time through. The answer is a whopping 70-plus hours. Adding insult to injury, diabolical Nintendo translator and localization manager Bill Trinen told me that he was working on his second play-through of the game. Knowing what to do and where to go, and skipping cut-scenes, Trinen said that he had logged about 27 hours to make it about two thirds of the way through the temples themselves - and that doesn't account for any of the side quests or time sucks like fishing, a single operation that could easily add hours upon hours to Zelda's depth. .
IGN said:
Two Systems - One Game
Twilight Princess may have started as a GameCube title, but it finished a Wii one. There remains this faction of gamers that refuses to accept the possibility. You know who you are. You continue to argue that because the controls were originally designed for the GameCube pad there is no hope for the Wii build. You say that your arms will get tired using the Wii remote. You speak of mirrored worlds and right-handed Link. And you know what? It's all crap. If you have the means to buy Twilight Princess for Wii and you still get it for GameCube, you are a fool. And I state that without meaning to suggest that the GCN iteration is flawed - it isn't. It's an amazing swan song for Nintendo's older system, so if you've got no other option you're still golden. But that said, it's not as good as the Wii incarnation. In fact, were it up to me and not Nintendo (and in my dreams, it is), I'd have scrapped the GCN build altogether, forcing everyone to exclusively buy the Wii version. Honestly, Nintendo gave you five good years with GameCube; it's time to move on.
Source:http://wii.ign.com/articles/744/744044p1.html

as for those who would like a clear look at zeld's face:http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/a...a-twilight-princess-20061103051517992-000.jpg

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It looks like they weren't exaggerating this time. I remember hearing that Wind Waker would take 50 hours to beat. I beat it in 14 and that included stuff like filling in my sea chart. It sucks that I may not be able to play this game at release. Five good years? Whatever.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nintendo officially stated that Sheik is a girl in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
I think Nintendo might, ya know, know about that sorta thing.

Also, in Paper Mario 2, Vivian is actually a BOY in the Japanese version of the game.
Japanese have a twisted senseof gender-humor.
So Lord knows.

But Midna being Ganon makes no sense at all.
If anything, I'd wager she has her own personal agenda that isn't Link-Zelda-Ganon but is something all her own.

What I do know is that she seems like one of the coolest Nintendo characters ever.

psyk

Smash Apprentice
are u gunna play as young link in the beginning of the game? or is it only Link Link?

saberhof

Smash Master
omgod! adultman link! lol

so we have all seen this midna character, but, does anyone know where it came from, cause if it did come out of nowhere just to "help" link, then theres something goin on there...

Top Bottom