• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Someone who has beaten the game has said that Twilight Princess will ruin the concept of the split time line theory.

Anyways, less than 5 days to go! ^_^
Planning on going shopping on day 1. Preferably in the morning. I live kinda out in the middle of nowhere, so...Here's hopin' I won't regret not camping out.

People are going psycho over message boards spoiling core elements of the storyline and plot twists...so, well, watch out for that.

I actually inadvertently had a bit about Ganon's presence in the game spoiled for me, but...I really didn't mind for some reason--I think because it is loosely accurate to my own personal theory. Basically, here's the spoiler: from the looks of it, Ganon is not part of this Twilight business, it's not his doing. This may be inaccurate, I did not read too much unto details, but if you really want to...
http://www.lawrence.com/blogs/gamer/2006/nov/12/zeldaupdate/
BEWARE, there are pretty big spoilers here!! I didn't read them, but that is what people have said, and based on screenshots, I'm inclined to agree. Fortunately for me, I don't mind item-spoilers so much.

Though I don't want this stuff revealed to me, some of you might. So if you want to read more, go ahead.
If not, STEER CLEAR.

Zink

Smash Champion
For the first time ever, I'm not going to cheat and see the story beforehand :)
In future, could people differentiate between item and story spoilers? As in put "ITEM SPOILER" and "STORY SPOILER" before each, as I don't mind item spoilers, despite the fact that there are those who do.
Also, to rAt- I think it's been stated by Nin and mostly inferred universally that OoT is the first chronologically, with the Hero of Time references in WW referring to that. I can't imagine another Hero of Time game, as it's a mostly played out theme. Although now I have no idea where to place TP- it can't be between WW and OoT/MM, because they would've had to have references to it in WW. Possibly they're putting it in on the end of the order, after LttP or whichever was most recent?
PS- If I remember correctly at the end of WW
SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE LOL no actually Link and Zelda sail away to find a New Hyrule, which I assume becomes the stage for all subsequent games, LoZ through LA.
In any case the water is not a factor IMO.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Remember, Twilight Princess is supposed to take BEFORE Wind Waker. That could be the Master Sword, but it's too blurry to tell...either ways, it's good to see Ganondorf. Perhaps this will hint at what his appearance will be in Brawl, if he returns to it...

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
Pwoah, Gannondorf, despite the blurriness, looks awesome. Also looks angry as hell. o.0 I take it the gold things around his wrists are shackles?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Hey, remember something called spoilers *******?

I mean, i could post all the important details of the game up to 37 hours of the gameplay and eight dungeons, w/o spoiler text, but some people want to be SURPRISED. They don't WANT to know that ganondorf is shackled to a wall with a sword stuck in his middle.

EDIT: If ganon's in brawl, he'd better look like that or I'll sure as hell find Sakurai and lynch him.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
I suddenly have this indescribably urge to start ledgedashing and f-air'ing with Ganondorf.

I'm wondering what that beam of light through his stomach is. . .I'm guessing that it's a sword that's acting like a seal of some sort--though the only sword I can think of is the Master Sword, and that's supposed to be in a pedestal, not in his stomach.

Perhaps the beam of light is a symbolic representation of the Power of the Sages binding him? Who knows?

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I'm predicting that Ganon will end up being an ally by necessity for Link at some point, and later will fight one another despite having set aside differences early in the game.

... But that's pure speculation, and I don't feel like reading any more spoilers with only a week until launch.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Very, very bad ***.

Unfortunately, I wont be getting the Wii until Christmas. And oh how I so want Zelda.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um, yea, so, er, why are those pics still there?
That was what I was referring to in my spoiler, except I, ya know, LINKED IT and warned about spoilers.

Mayhap you should LINK those images instead and state that they are spoilers to those out there who don't want to see them.

You're doing the same crap job as people at the Gamefaqs boards by posting stuff like that without warning. We've been waiting 2.5 years for this game, and some people want to experience stuff like that first hand.

Anyway, now you know what I was getting at. Near as I can tell, no way Ganon is responsible for this Twilight business if he's still sealed by the Master Sword and shackled up. Meaning that hopefully, as I predicted a year ago, Ganon very well may have to team up with Link to overcome a greater evil. HOW that might happen, if it does, should prove to be no-doubt interesting.

This game has more work put into its story than any Zelda since, and I am SO happy about that because the Zelda series has always had such great potential for awesome story.

By the way, Gamespy has their review up. Spoiler free, 5/5 stars, check it out.
http://wii.gamespy.com/wii/legend-of-zelda-wii/745573p1.html

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Big difference is stating it and then posting pictures of it.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Oh. My. God.

Ign has new trailers. One of them is Link howling (as a wolf) in song.

The music of it, and the cinematic of it, reminds me of Majora's mask. It reminds me of Ocarina. It brought me back to when I was young and first started playing Zelda. Christ, it made me feel so...emotional. I'm embarressed.

Go see it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
^Along those lines, gametrailers.com has some vids too. Be warned, because both the ign and gametrailers vids have some spoilers, plot and gameplay-wise.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Yea, that would be because
the wolf is howling out the Song of Healing from Majora's Mask.
Ah, I knew it was something from that. I need to play Majora's mask again. I only played it through once, several years ago. God that was fun.

My OoT cartridge was stolen by a dude four years ago. What sucks was that I had the gold cartridge, collectors edition.

Does anyone have the music in Majora's Mask, when you are in a hut and there are zombies around it? And the dad is a zombie himself? I think it was in a canyon. For some reason I have been wanting to hear that again for a long time, but I can't remember what it sounds like.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
This is the part where it sucks to wait for the PAL version. I have to sit through a few weeks of people posting heaps of game details and spoilers before I can get the game for myself.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
And you just know that half the people here are gonna beat it by the time it comes out for us while the rest of them get around 75% through it and most of them will, like you said, spoil the **** out of it for us.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm forsaking this entire room on Wii Launch and not coming back til Dec 14th, when I'll be getting my TP: GC. No chance of joe loser posting "Zomg Zelda is sheik omfg" as a topic title.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
yea i just had my car serviced for $1500 bucks...i cant afford the wii right now which sucks...i hate it when people get all ecited abut the game, and you dont even have it...(happened to me w/ pokemon blue< which was straight up crack when it came out)

for some reason MM was my favorite...i thought it was the most creepy and had the best storyline. the ending was kind of weird but the rest of the game was great. i dun kno, something about the zelda games is so intoxocating...i think it was OT taht did not have many save points and only two in temples...i remember getting killed by one of teh secondary bosses over and over again and i would restart at the begining of the temple, so i had to run throug the entire thing every time...

i have a question...for MM and WW i bought a players guide and basically used it through the entire game...it severaly spoiled it for me because of course i read ahead...but i did found eveny single little secret and side mission (of course)

what sould i do for TP!? im thinking about not buying a players guide at all but then wont i miss out on a lot of cool stuff!?...*confused*...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If you have Internet Acess the guides are a waste of money, since you can just look up stuff at Gamefaqs and other places.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
And, well, there IS the matter of yiou not REALLY playing the game yourself but letting a stack of paper do it FOR you...

I'd be more upset over that than the money. Besides, why spend $50 on a game only tohave a friggin' GUIDE tell you how to beat it??

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
thats all true...i dont think im going to...its way more exciting to find cool **** out on your own rather looking down at the players guide every 15 min.

i sure hope they make the game harder...WW was pretty easy...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You shouldn't waste money on a player's guide, only consult one when you get stuck somewhere. It's more satisfying to beat a game by yourself then having to have a guide hold your hand the entire way. But if you really want a guide, I think Best Buy is giving a free Twilight Princess guide if you purchase Twilight Princess and Excite Truck together on the same recept with in-store coupon...

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
By the the way, did I link to the Hylia's review?

Yea, I did...OK, good. It's a good review.
He rates TP a 9.6, higher than any other Zelda game he's rated.

Here's a notable excerpt:

Of course, the big question on many fans' minds is if the game lives up to the hype. Is the title harder than Ocarina of Time, and recent titles like The Wind Waker and The Minish Cap? It most certainly is. Does Twilight Princess have more dungeons and take longer to beat than Ocarina of Time? It's a debate if it has more dungeons, I would say "as many", but it is definitely the longest Zelda game ever, in both game play and storyline aspects. Finally, does it surpass Ocarina of Time? This question is reserved for the community and industry in the coming months and years, but all indications are this is simply the best Zelda title ever, and it dwarfs Ocarina of Time in every respect. Nintendo delivers on the goods.
PS,
To Mic: you're welcome. ;) I love that site myself, they also have some cool orchestrated soundtracks, notably for Mario/Zelda games.

What's that?
ANOTHER review which gives it a 9.9?

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=742450

This one has what some would consider spoilers (item-wise) so...yea.
No story at all, though, except saying how good it is.

Can't wait for the BIG reviews to come out.
Though this review says that the player never once heard the classic Overworld theme...and that saddens me. It's a Zelda game, and if it's the big, definitive one, you'd think it'd have that song in there, right?
Then again, did Ocarina of Time have the main Zelda theme in it?

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Yes.

And I'm getting it at launch for Wii, but I'm with you Mic, screw the whole room until I've practically beaten the game. I can't stand people that are so carelessly inconsiderate like that.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Lawrence.com Review said:
Spectacular boss fights are a given in this franchise, but TP absolutely went above and beyond my expectations. . .Certain ones
(the underwater creature, the amazing battle with a giant dragon)
make me think that the development team played a bit of Shadow of the Colossus in their spare time. The climactic battle sequences are some of the most visually striking and fascinating experiences I’ve encountered in a videogame.
. . .I find that difficult to believe. No boss fights, I repeat, NO boss fights will ever rival that of Shadow of the Colossus. I've yet to see any boss fight as epic, spectacular, and adrenaline-inducing as #13 in SotC (the Sand Dragon one). Though maybe MGS3's battle with The End comes close.

Hopefully the boss fights in Zelda will be worth it. After the mediocre ones in WW, my expectations are practically set to zero. Come on, Zelda. Surprise me.

EDIT: WTF, the stupid Intellitext ads are highlighting the spoiler so you can read it.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Sand Dragon?
I don't think that was the most heart-pumping one there was. Definitely one of the more fun ones, yes, but...

And I think this Zelda is fully capable of it, we'll have to wait and see.

By the way, 1Up has a spankin' new video up.
And I am IMPRESSED, as this one is a cutscene.
This Zelda definitely looks to "revolutionize" Zelda storytelling the way OoT revolutionized gameplay in the series.

Obviously, a spoiler, a fairly big one at that, I suppose, though this is a scene you see the first time you are in the Twilight Realm.
It's mighty awesome.
My hopes for the game's storytelling have risen 5 points.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/7471

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I only had guides incase I got frustrated on something I couldn't do. Or, if I thought I knew how to do something, but it wasn't working, I would double check.

Edit: Oh, and thanks for that website. I'm clicking through as many as I can until I find it. God, I need to play Majora's Mask again. Is the sand one of the last one, or the third?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
In Ikanna canyon, isn't there a place where there is a hut, with a little girl inside? And you find out she has a zombie downstairs, but it's her dad? And the zombies surround the hut and try to take him away?

That is the scene I remember, and for some reason, I have the idea that it had amazing music.

Edit: Also, in the last trailer, the guy made it out like you spend the entire game in the Twilight Zone. I thought you went in and out at certain in-game points?

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, the story with the zombie-guy is right, and you play the Song of Healing, etc. etc.

OOOOHH!!
MM SPOILERS!!
HAXX!!
I'll have to check that new review out.

I totally forgot about Yoshi's Island DS, I can't believe it's already out. All of these other games have smothered it. I'll have to pick that up Sunday with Zelda.
Combined with Castlevania, those 3 games are bound to keep me occupied for a LONG time.

Oh, shoot. I already read that review. =P
Maybe I forgot to link it. ^_^;;

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Every moment I'm in this thread the burning desire to spoil this game for myself doubles, and there are waaaaay too many links to tempt me, not to mention the spoiler-bloodbath that's going to come on release day, so I think I'm going to disappear from this thread for awhile (hopefully only until the GC version is released, but let's face it, I have an overseas class to save up for right now).
Take it easy all.
Andy

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
^^yea same with me...im so crazed and excited about this game right now and heavily tempted to spoil it...i already did a little bit at game trailers...so yea guyz, i havent felt the zelda experience for a while and dont want it spoiled, later!

Top Bottom