• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Most of the "Spoilers" are things that you can guess very easily. Like Zelda being the 'Twilight Princess' (WoOoO! Who would have thought?), and such.

By the way, I wonder if Zelda will ever take up that rapieresque longsword again? It'd be bad *** to see Zelda in a less Damsel-In-Distress role, like in OoT. (By the way, that's not a spoiler - it showed up in concept art months ago).

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
PA, I'm with MASAHIROx, regardless of what's already been released. At this point, I'm regarding all spoilers as biohazards, like sharp boxes full of used needles. Even if it's only an hour into the game, that's still losing the initial steam that gets the story going. But PA, I do agree that I'd like to see Zelda in combat with that rapier and/or see Shiek again; I bet a TP char redesign of Shiek would look pretty cool.

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Man guys... I've had to endure the worst spoiler ever experienced in my life - someone showed me to get through OoT and all I did was sit next to him and watch in awe the depth of the game. All the way from the forest temple to Ganon's castle!

I'm going to be on my toes with trying to avoid the TP spoilers. In that case I'll have to avoid this forum and a couple others that mention Zelda. Using 'invisible ink' is a good idea but it just tempts me to highlight it - oh wait. I did that with the spoiler between MM and TP songs and the wolf howls as the instrument. And I've already looked at too many IGN zelda pics.

No more postings here until Xmas when I finally get hold of TP.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Um, why did you just take something you think is a spoiler and go out and SAY it, linkapprentice?

Ah, well.
And the above conversation shows why I've been very careful with "spoiler" stuff, because a lot of people are more neurotic about it than I am.

Anyways, farewell to all ye with little will. =P
As for me, I'm gonan stick around here and keep up any interesting conversation.
If there is any before I get the game, that is...

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
My bad. Sorry I didn't realise that I actually said some spoilers here. Me and my big mouth.

Farewell guys. For future readers, I wish I could edit my last post and change the spoilers into 'invisible' ink but the Edit button doesn't seem to work here.

Cheers! Have a fun weekend guys.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't think its been posted yet, so without further ado...scans of the instruction manual.
Note: While I don't consider it spoilers, some of you guys might because it does explain some game mechanics. Read at YOUR OWN RISK!

The Hylia Instruciton Manual Scans

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Holy Flying F***.

Is it just me, or is the hand-drawn artwork for Zelda just friggin' incredible? I've always been a sucker for soft-style artwork (especially charcoal and graphite), but jeez. . .just seeing the artwork on the instruction manual makes me want to jump for joy.

Hopefully, they'll start selling a book with all the artwork they've done for Zelda. That's something I would definitely want to buy.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
That manual is absolutely enticing. It has spoilers all over the place (which I'm about to mention), like
Hawks and Bomb Arrows and all sorts of other things that look incredible. The only thing that has left me disappointed is the following: Link doesn't have an instrument (grass doesn't count). He has had an instrument in every game I can remember (I haven't played Zelda 2, though). It's like losing a valued tradition. Granted, the wolf howls in tune, but I'm going to miss the sound of the Ocarina.

D

Deleted member

So how are you guys going to treat this game? Go at it like a wild dog? Or savour it, play 2-3 hours a day?

Zink

Smash Champion
item spoilers!
Combining items with arrows= leet. Game over.
I guess nobody realized changing the sword to the remote meant you can bind 4 items instead of the previous 3. That is huge.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I'm going to savor every elegant drop of blood that Twilight Princess has to offer. After waiting for so long, burning through the game and beating it in 2 weeks would feel like I wasted something great, and missed out on a lot more than the developers intended most people to. Of course I'll play it over, but then you'll know or have an idea of what the next area looks like, what you have to do, what amazing secrets you find out, etc. I say that the first play-through is always the best, so for a game like Zelda, you better take it all in and savor it while it lasts.

Juke

Smash Journeyman
So how are you guys going to treat this game? Go at it like a wild dog? Or savour it, play 2-3 hours a day?
I have Thanksgiving break right after the game comes out, so I'll probably play as long as I can whenever I'm at home. I would like to finish it before school starts back up, but I don't think that will be possible considering the length of the game.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
That, actually, is a spoiler. It reveals
that Zelda will use a sword. notice that it's game graphics

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
That, actually, is a spoiler. It reveals
that Zelda will use a sword. notice that it's game graphics
Actually, that's already been shown in the video.
When the large shadow monster comes in and demands she disarm or die, she drops that sword. We can only hope the picks it up again, though. It would be awesome if Zelda actually fought rather than stood in a tower yelling "Help, help! I'm a defenseless woman!".

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
But that video itself is a spoiler, so people avoiding them wouldn't know about it.

Also, does anyone know if you can turn off the nose the fairy makes when you move the cursor? That is going to drive me insane.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Oh god, think how it would be if the noise was replaced by that.

"HeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHey"

*Press fire button*

"HeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHeyHey"

I'd demand the game came with a noose.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
So my plan has changed--Wal-Mart is giving out reserve tickets for Wii purchases at 10pm Sat. night, and selling Wiis at mdnight.

So I'm gonna try and get in line by about 10pm, and hope for the best...
I'd go early, but there's a concert afterward...

Good thing we called them.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I meant the noise, not the fairy itself. I don't mind the icon, it's the bloody noise that will become annoying. Especially since (from what I have seen) it is still on during cut scenes.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There's a video out that shows some more gameplay and previews. Beware, potential spoilers can be found in this video, both gameplay and storywise. There's also some interesting scenes which SHOULD NOT be discussed at this moment without SPOILER TAGS. You have been WARNED.

New Preview from Gametrailers.com-look where it says Save Media.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Ugh, I've already seen people tease me by playing Zelda live on TV so there's no reason for spoilers to really affect some people anymore unless is was something huge.

It's only a couple days away guys...we can make it...

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tomorrow night, baby!

-AFTERNOON OF THE 2ND TO LAST DAY-
34 Hours Remain

Anyways, 1Up's review is finally up, 10/10.

If you check out Game Rankings...
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y

That means that as of now, Twilight Princess is looking to have the highest ranking among gaming journalists to date--it's currently besting Ocarina of Time. That's quite a task.
And I'm DANG glad to see it.

I'd safely say we arguably have a new contender for "best game ever" that will, years from now, be mentioned in the same breaths as Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time, and will join its brethren like Resident Evil 4--a modern classic.

1Up's spoiler-free review can be found here:

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3155329

Man, I REALLY hope I can snag a Wii tomorrow night...

On a side note, Sonic the Hedgehog has been getting paltry grades--in the 50's.
Bleck. Just as I expected. 'Tis a shame.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
So, what happened to you getting it at noon?

I might try the midnight, if any stores around me have it. It beats waiting up early, since I will be up then anyways.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Gah, there's nothing I can look at or read about this game without hitting a spoiler. It's like the IGN-type sites think since it's only two days away, it's not a big deal. Yeah, right! Two years of delays and they ruin it with two days to go? I know it's partly because of Nin's secretive methods, but still... But thanks for posting this spoiler free review Destiny. I'll get around to reading it later.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
I've seen the box several times, but thanks for trying. :chuckle:

Anyway, that review reminded me of how TP was originally a GC game, and how the great look of the game was originally on that console. The reviewer makes a very good point of how graphics are about more than just polygons, and it shows how underrated the GC's power was in comparison to the Xbox and PS2. It was possible, it just took more work.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
According to someone on IGN's forums, their Zelda review will be up later tonight. I'll read it for you guys to see if it has many spoilers.

Edit: Review up here.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746691p1.html

Beware of Spoilers. They mainly discuss the temples, which temples are there, and a few story details.

They gave it a 9.5, and said this.

IGN said:
Ocarina, your time is up. It took Nintendo almost a decade to do it, but the publisher has finally created a new Zelda game that is so well-designed and so epic that it deserves to be crowned the best in its class. Twilight Princess spent four years in development by one of the most talented teams in the world. The game, helmed by Eiji Aonuma (Majora's Mask, Wind Waker) is every bit the culmination of the franchise and also a true spiritual sequel to the Big N's 1998 N64 classic. This is much larger, darker and more difficult adventure than GameCube's Wind Waker, which is sure to please purists. It is also a title that is best on Wii thanks to exclusive gesture-based controls and some added display functionality.

Top Bottom