• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
This game is incredible so far. I'm loving every second of it. I beat the second dungeon awhile ago and I'm about to enter the third
and oh my goodness I love the zoras' design! It looks amazing.
Seriously, Majora's Mask was my favorite game of all time and if TP keeps it up, it'll definitely have it beat.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
Does anyone know about the wolves you need to howl a song at? It's was in a gameplay video and I've seen that done a few time but I don't understand the point...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Does anyone know about the wolves you need to howl a song at? It's was in a gameplay video and I've seen that done a few time but I don't understand the point...
Kind of a spoiler, but if you really want to know
they seem to unlock some other attacks Link can use.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes this Zelda definitly does it. Its Has the look or say feel of OoT but still hace better graphics. The game doesn't over kill anything.

EDIT: lol
spoilers

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
dam, i wish i wasent 500 bucks in debt...two paychecks away for getting this....(3 long weeks...)

lol i cant stay away from this thread...

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Is anyone else irritated by the fact that when you're trying to aim with the
slingshot
, you can only move the screen through the analog stick horizontally, but not vertically?

It's driving me nuts, because every time I want to hit something that's above me, I have to change my perspective vertically with the Wiimote, lose whatever it is I'm aiming at, and then center the reticule around it after re-finding the target.

If aiming was exactly the same as when you enter 1st-person C-button mode, where you can change perspective both up/down and left/right with the analog stick, it would have made firing projectiles so, so much more intuitive.

Betaz

Smash Ace
Is anyone else irritated by the fact that when you're trying to aim with the
slingshot
, you can only move the screen through the analog stick horizontally, but not vertically?

It's driving me nuts, because every time I want to hit something that's above me, I have to change my perspective vertically with the Wiimote, lose whatever it is I'm aiming at, and then center the reticule around it after re-finding the target.

If aiming was exactly the same as when you enter 1st-person C-button mode, where you can change perspective both up/down and left/right with the analog stick, it would have made firing projectiles so, so much more intuitive.
It's not that hard just play it more and you'll get the hang of it

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
I'm a bit concerned of the spoiler tags starting to become less common around here. The more dungeons I hear the more an idea I get of this game without reading spoiler tags or invisible ink. I still read here to get a good idea of what people think of this game and whether it is better than Majora's Mask (best part Ikana Valley and Great Bay) and Wind Waker (The only Part I really liked was the Mayan looking temple that came out of the sea and the temple of time room before getting the Master Sword... Almost like a piece of Art!)

For futhre reference please don't mention any cities or towns without spoiler taggin them. As much as I can't get away from this thread, I also don't want the element of surprise ruined from people getting stuck in one temple or another...

Ronike

Smash Ace
Hey , I have a question for all you past
twilit hylia: Where are the last 3 lights? I cant get to the one in Zora's Domain, the waterfall area, and another just isnt on the map. Where are they?

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have yet to get my hands on a Wii, but one question has been PLAGUING ME, so if anyone can PM me/spoiler tag (please!) and simply answer these questions--no more details than yes or no--I would greatly appreciate it.

Is Malon in the game?
If she is, is she a child, or an adult?
If anyone gets far enough to answer this question, please do, it's the ONLY "spoiler" I really want to know because Malon is my favorite Zelda character aside from the Triforce 3.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
Just played it recently, and everything is pretty amazing as I expected except for 1 thing, that really pisses me off: Why isn't this game orcistrated for ****s sake?! Nintendo said it would be in an interview months before this games release, and yet all the music is MIDI. Dissapointing.

Still a great game, just lacking an epic quality that only a fully orchistrated soundtrack can supply.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I just beat dungeon #
. I think this game is better then OoT. And, surprisingly, I like
Midna. She kicks the **** out of Navi.

DestinySmasher,
No, Malon is not in the game. At the point where I am, I have been everywhere that isn't a secret dungeon, hidden away somewhere. There are almost no OoT characters here, except for Oot Link references, the running man, and one more guy

The plot is k
indof weak, though. They have a bunch of characters, but aren't doing anything with them. Hopefully, they will start doing something more. Although Midna and Zant are both interesting

Oh, and I hate the
water
temple.

And I also hate the twilight music. Everything else is amazing, though. Great game.

Hey , I have a question for all you past
twilit hylia: Where are the last 3 lights? I cant get to the one in Zora's Domain, the waterfall area, and another just isnt on the map. Where are they?
For the waterfall one, there is a point when you're jumping with Midna that you just have to stop, and not continue with the sequence. If you look on your mini map, you should be able to see when you are on the correct ledge. There is also one in Castle Town, if you haven't gotten that one yet. The last one only appears after you get all of the others. It's a kindof bug boss. I think it counts towards two?

I'll be willing to answer any questions you guys have on dungeons
1-5
, just put it in spoiler tags.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
As crazy as it sounds, I'm going to abstain completely from playing Zelda any longer. That's right--I'm not touching Zelda until I get my component cables, so I can revel in the glory that is 480p. I'm tired of playing a fuzzy, blurry, picture on my HDTV. :laugh:

. . .of course, I actually have no will power to abstain from Zelda. Which is why I decided to give my Wii to my older brother who lives about a 20 minute busride away from me until I get component cables. Going cold turkey from the Wii is going to be rough. . .

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I hate to ask for help, but I don't want to miss a **** thing, and I'm already past the point of looking for it myself: I just beat the Dungeon at
Kakariko Village
, but I didn't pick up a new
special move
. So basically all I'm asking is if anyone knows where to get the
special move before Kakariko's temple. I hear it was a Shield Bash. I guess I should go back there and look for it, but I'm a wolf at the moment anyway.

Oh by the way, did anyone's game freeze up after the
fight with the shadow beasts that makes the portal open up after your ride on the shadow-hawk thing? I guess it was just a fluke, but I haven't redone it yet. It made me lose about 10 minutes of progress.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, a decent number of complaints from the game...
I'm not expecting anything but a solid Zelda game with an expansive world and more focus on story-telling than any Zelda prior.

So anything beyond that will certainly satisfy me.

I just wish there was friggin'enough to go around.
I've had my $300 sittin' here for months now, and I just went to a relatively big city and scoped out about 5 stores, and naturally none have any Wii stuff, save from a few games and random accesories (and half of them didn't even have THAT).

Eorlingas.
Thanks. I am very disappointed. This game is themed with animals up the wazoo, and THE animal-loving character in the whole series is ABSENT? WTF? And everyone has been saying the game relies a lot on OoT, but I'm not seeing how that could be the case if none of the characters from OoT make appearances. O fcourse, I'm just bitter than Malon isn't in the game, I'm SURE they could've fit her in somewhere.

saberhof

Smash Master
your the one thats been talking the most about the game and you dont even have it?...wowzers,i mean i dont have it, but you sounded like you were really Crapin your pants bout it.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Does anyone know why the game HAS to show you on the screen that you got 5/10/20 rupees every 20 minutes?

And why can't I get a red rupee from a chest if I have 281 and my limit is 300? Are they saying that 19 green rupees would fit and one red one wouldn't? Confound moneys...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Paranoid Android,
while you were collecting the Tears of Light in Kakariko village, their is a yellow stone in the pathway that leads to Death Mountain that you had to howl at. If you missed it the first time around, you're probably going to have to wait until later in the game when you can manually transform into wolf form.

Just finished the second dungeon. I'm working very slowly and carefully to make sure I don't miss anything.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Paranoid Android,
while you were collecting the Tears of Light in Kakariko village, their is a yellow stone in the pathway that leads to Death Mountain that you had to howl at. If you missed it the first time around, you're probably going to have to wait until later in the game when you can manually transform into wolf form.

Just finished the second dungeon. I'm working very slowly and carefully to make sure I don't miss anything.
Oh... that's what that was. Is it
the weird stone with the hole through it, or that giant flaming one that dropped out of the sky?. Either way, I'm a wolf now, so I can get Midna to warp me back to Kakariko.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Holy crap... I'm on dungeon number eight, and the boss is literally ****** me. I'm obviously doing something wrong, but I can't figure out how to damage it at all. Oh well.

The game is great, though. The characters are shaping up nicely, the twilight realm is as mysterious and gorgeous as ever, and I've gotten some sweet new equipment/items.

Wow, I've beaten four of the dungeons all in one day...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I just got to dungeon eight. I really hope
that it is not the last dungeon, but it looks like it is.

The last few dungeons have been really creative. While I hated the seventh, it all got better once I got the item.

E123Omega

Smash Lord
I have a question.
This is just a yes or no question.
Do the Zoras return in Twilight Princess????
Just give me a yes or no answer.
I rather figure it out for myself when I get the game.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just got to dungeon eight. I really hope
that it is not the last dungeon, but it looks like it is.

The last few dungeons have been really creative. While I hated the seventh, it all got better once I got the item.
Yeah, I
didn't like the seventh dungeon much, either. And there is a ninth temple, but... in all honesty, it's the worst out of the bunch. Heck, I think the first two dungeons were the best, and then they progressively got worse. Still, though, they're all a lot more clever than OoT's, in my opinion.

At the moment I'm running around doing sidequests...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I just beat the game.

*Warning* The rest of this post might contain spoilers. I don't believe they are big enough to warrant a spoiler tag, since they are mainly my opinion (example: I hated the forest temple, because it was too hard, etc ). If you don't want to know what I thought of the game, don't read on.

This is one of, if not, the best Zelda games ever made. It kicks the crap out of Wind Waker, much better then Majora's, and is better/equal to Ocarina of Time. I can't decide which is the best atm, but it is definitely one of those two.

The story was much, much better for a Zelda game. But compared to the best video game stories (personally, Metal Gear Solid) it still falls flat. It was
enjoyable, and had characters that did things and continued on. But then they disapeared, and got replaced by new ones. The Children were great, but around mid-way through, they got replaced by the
Order people
, who (besides
Rusl
) had almost no personality.
Shad
sort of did, but he was in the game for too short of a time. The others were there, and then left.

Another thing that really hurt the story (in my opinion) was the lack of an enemy character. Sure, there was Zant and
Gannondorf
, but they only appeared to say something small, and then exit. Zant started out cool, but then he became goofy.
Gannondorf
was awesome, but you only saw him at the very end of the game. Neither of them really made you want to kill them. Remember that Orc on the boar, that kidnapped Illia and the kids? He could have been turned into an actual character, that reappeared again. Someone that you could actually hate.

But the storyline is still great. Midna is my favorite Zelda character, ever. Very funny and enjoyable. The actual plot itself is very deep, and the Kids are great characters as well, when they are actually used.

Game play was excellent as well. I, actually, disagree with IGN on their praise of the sword movement. Except for the moves done with the Nunchuk, the sword movement felt clunky to me. Probally because it didn't follow your swings. But the aiming was great, as was everything else.

Dungeons were much more difficult, and the enemies were challenging. Bosses, however, were too easy. I only died twice during a boss fight, and that was the final one (which is one of the coolest boss fights in a video game). Although the last four dungeons were rather..weird. They didn't really seem to fit. Amazingly creative (Run down house, which still had inhabitants, city in the sky, things such as that), but rather out of place.

Fighting was both insanely easy, and insanely difficult, depending on what you were doing. Once you get the hand of it, you can easily take down ten to twenty bokogoblins at a time, but then you could get your *** handed to you by two knight-guys. The secret moves that you learn are an amazing help. I didn't even find the last two, and they probably would have helped me even more.

Some items seemed tacked on (such as the
ball and chain, dominion rod, spinner
), and are almost never used outside of the dungeon you find them in. Even so, they are inventive and useful. The
Spinner
is amazing awesome, and it is a shame you almost never use it outside of it's dungeon.

Even though I really wanted Orchestrated music, the midis still deliver. The themes are both original and nostalgic. Except for the twilight music (which is terribe), the game has an amazing soudtrack

*End Spoilers*

Quick summary of the above post

*Pros*

-Amazing story, compared to the other Zelda games
-Midna
-The Kids
-Inventive items
-Fun dungeons
-Gigantic world
-Long quest
-Stirring soundtrack

*Cons*
-Characters could have been done better
-Sword control
-Enemies/Bosses too easy
-A few items useless after you get them
-Twilight music is annoying

Definitely one of the best video games ever made.

I will be willing to help you all with any problems you might have with the game. I sort of pushed through it, so some rooms blend together. Just put your question in a spoiler tag, and please add as much info as you can.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Gosh you people need to savor the game more. You beat the one of the best zelda games ever in 5 days. Come on, trying slowing down, and not gluing yourself to the TV. I don't play more than an hour a day. Then its spread out and I have more time to appreciate it and just have fun.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Playing less is not savoring it. It's artificially prolonging the experience. What you enjoyed in an hour, I enjoyed in an hour. What you will enjoy in the next 40 days, I already enjoyed, just as much as you did.

Edit:

Destiny Smasher:
The game isn't really about animals. I don't know what the developers claimed that. The hawk is only used around two-three times in the entire game. The Monkeys in the forest temple are the closest thing to using animals in the game. It is more of a light/dark theme, but just a little. It doesn't really have a theme

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Errr.... I agree here with ChRed2AKrisp with playing games.

Sure it took me more than half a year to finish Metroid Prime Echoes of Darkness. And I had no guides or internet help. This was mainly because I was stuck in Sanctuary Fortress for more than a month. Bloody hard dungeon I've ever encountered.

If you prolong the experience longer, it allows for more fun and exploration to happen in the game. Patience is a virtue and it reaps rewards far greater for people who are patient with any game. If you are interested in 'beating the game' thats a good way of 'finishing' the game, but does it get you anywhere? Only with the story. what makes Zelda games great is the exploring you have to do to fufil sidequests. And that will take waaay more than 5 days and 12 hrs glued to the screen to complete.

These are the gamers who I see as real gamers as they are interested in exploring the whole game, not finishing one part of the game. Pity I often don't see them much.

Heres one example that can lead you getting rewards for being patient and dedicated in finishing a game. Remember Diddy Kong Racing for N64? I actually finished that game like 5 times, even getting the secret character 5 times and as a result my skills in that game was above the average person who was interested in beating the game. The final boss course became too easy.

Later on, there was a Diddy Kong Racing comp at the local game store. I took part and came first until the last person who did the comp beat me in 1/20th of a second. I was happy I cam second because it showed me that there was someone who could beat me and that I did my best in that comp at the time. I knew that if I did warm up for that comp I wouldve won it flat out but it goes to show that even with lots of experience and exploration I got something out of it. I came second in that tournament - best gaming memory ever.

Top Bottom