• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
Do the combo

So anyways, I was looking through a local game store when I saw "Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess Preorder now. Available September 2005." and I thought, cool cause I like Zelda and, even though I really did like LOZWW, I was looking forward to a realistic Zelda game. So I plunked my money down ($55US including tax :mad: ) and figured I'd have to buy another Gamecube so I could play Twilight Princess when it comes out. I have two working PS2s, and figured I'd just trade in my third nonworking PS2 when the time came. I imagined it going something like this: Gamer4Fire walks into gamestore, "Give me my copy of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess [EXPLICATIVE]!" <Gets copy of Zelda> "Cool! Now do you have any black Gamecubes?"

Then I heard the news, "Zelda to be pushed back till October 2005," so I figured who cares, its just a month. Then again, "Zelda to be held till November 2005," good 'ol Nintendo making sure not to do a rush job and, instead, give me a quality product. No problem. "Zelda to be released April 2006" ...say what? "Zelda to come out sometime in 2006, maybe march, but quite possibly a lot later." WTFH!?!

This better be the best Third Person Action game in the [EXPLICATIVE] world or I'm going to be seriously

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Gamer4Fire said:
This better be the best Third Person Action game in the [EXPLICATIVE] world or I'm going to be seriously
I'm sure you've got Nintendo employees quaking in their collective boots.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Well, he didn't even finish the sentence... It could've ended with "happy" for all we know.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Falcomaster16 said:
Hey Giygus those screenshots rock! I had a hard time not looking at them.
You might be going through something that's called "puberty..." did you feel something happening... down there when you looked at them?

DemonHost

Smash Apprentice
Woa, you gave me alot more info.

Man, now I can't wait for this game ever more. It sounds so sweet, I wish it wasen't held back till Spring '06, but I guess it is for the best.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Based on what G4F just posted, I'd like to reiterate:

McFox said:
I can't believe you people actually expected a major Nintendo game to be released on time. And you call yourselves fans.
Thank you.

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
The most honorable McFox said:
Honorable McFox said:
I can't believe you people actually expected a major Nintendo game to be released on time. And you call yourselves fans.
His most Majestic Gamer4Fire stated:

Majestic Gamer4Fire said:
[...]good 'ol Nintendo making sure not to do a rush job and, instead, give me a quality product. No problem.
The most gracious McFox replied:

Gracious McFox said:
Based on what G4F just posted, I'd like to reiterate:

Honorable McFox said:
Thank you.
And the Great and Wholesome Gamer4Fire became confused.

The End.

ElijahTheProphet

Smash Cadet
I most deffinantly agree with waiting. If Nintendo thinks its in the best interest towards the game to improve gameplay, graphics, and so on then I think we should take their word for it. Whats the worst thing they could do? Make it better? Truth is, it'll only get better which will make any Zelda Fan (who KNOWS Zelda, not "knows" Zelda) very, very happy. If you want a site with all of the people who KNOW Zelda try going to this one.
Good Zelda Site

Its got all of the latest news, trailers, interviews, you name it. Its got a bunch of other cool stuff too. Oh yea, it has a forum. Make sure you don't get Ganon-banned

OSCO EDIT: Don't advertise other sites

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Is it just me or does this game seem like a throwback to ocarina of time. I'm already seeing things that remind me of the fire temple, forest temple, and The entry to Hyrule castle (the town at least) This is no complaint. I'm now thinking that Ocarina was the best Zelda game to date, and if Twilight Princess is of equal or greater quality, i will most likely explode with pleasure.

Sorry if this suggestion has aready been made, but...well I'm not gonna read 21 pages to see if anyone has expressed the same idea, You know how many times people have probably mentioned Ocarina in this topic? Anyway, Bah bya now. sweek.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Resting_Fox said:
Is it just me or does this game seem like a throwback to ocarina of time. I'm already seeing things that remind me of the fire temple, forest temple, and The entry to Hyrule castle (the town at least) This is no complaint. I'm now thinking that Ocarina was the best Zelda game to date, and if Twilight Princess is of equal or greater quality, i will most likely explode with pleasure.

Sorry if this suggestion has aready been made, but...well I'm not gonna read 21 pages to see if anyone has expressed the same idea, You know how many times people have probably mentioned Ocarina in this topic? Anyway, Bah bya now. sweek.
I think most people will agree that OoT is the best of the 3D Zelda's to date. This may very well be the end of Zelda games as we know it with the Rev and its "sword-like" controller. First Person looks to be the future of Zelda to a degree and this might just be Nintendo giving us what we already love. Link, in Hyrule, as an adult, realistic graphics, and perhaps more into the storyline and timeline that is LoZ.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
UndrDog said:
This may very well be the end of Zelda games as we know it.
Ninendo has been quoted as saying that it IS the last of it's kind.

FireKP1

Smash Lord
mic_128 said:
Ninendo has been quoted as saying that it IS the last of it's kind.
mic_128 where did you get that. Anyhow if this is the last Zelda game in the series this had better be more awesome than the last one I got, which was Four Swords Adventures.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yes, Zelda games will be on the Revoulution. In fact Nintendo has already "confirmed" to be developing one. I put confirmed in parentheses becuase I have a hard time believing Nintendo is already working on the next Zelda when they needed more time to finish TP.

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
I think it is easy to believe they are working on Zelda for the Revolution BECAUSE they are asking for more time for Twilight Princess. Think about it, minor tweaks in story line, control and graphics so that what they want to do with the Revolution Zelda will better match with what they were already doing with TP.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Probably Gamespot. Or any other Nintendo site really. Look around.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Gamer4Fire said:
I think it is easy to believe they are working on Zelda for the Revolution BECAUSE they are asking for more time for Twilight Princess. Think about it, minor tweaks in story line, control and graphics so that what they want to do with the Revolution Zelda will better match with what they were already doing with TP.
Wouldn't they have already done that...like from the beginning instead of deciding to do it just now?

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chill said:
Yes, Zelda games will be on the Revoulution. In fact Nintendo has already "confirmed" to be developing one. I put confirmed in parentheses becuase I have a hard time believing Nintendo is already working on the next Zelda when they needed more time to finish TP.
Those are quotation marks, not parentheses, dear.

FireKP1 said:
Chill please tell me where you found that out.
They announced it at E3. Go look it up on IGN or something.

Fierce Deity Vegeta said:
Wouldn't they have already done that...like from the beginning instead of deciding to do it just now?
Agreed.

super_sonic said:
controlling links sword witha controller would be awsome!!!
thank you.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
JediMasterYoda98 said:
Those are quotation marks, not parentheses, dear.
I made a mistake. So what?

And this is kinda carrying over the current topic of discussion in the revolution topic but NOA said that Midna(?) is always on Link's back when he is a wolf. In the screenshots that were last shown Link is shown running around Minda-less.

Obviously NOA is not the most reliable source for information.

ElijahTheProphet

Smash Cadet
Fierce Deity Vegeta said:
Yea they would have already settled the story line to be different than TP... Truth is though Nintendo never released information at E3 that the Zelda for the Revolution would be a continuation of any other existing Zelda games... Since that is true, saying that they're changing TP so they won't run into the story of a future Zelda game is invalid. If its not a continuation of an existing Zelda then they won't have to worry about changing TP's story line because it won't be related. I'm not saying they're not continuing the story of TP, but I am saying that since none of us are making the Rev. Zelda, we don't know. I'm sure there are many more reasons why they're changing the story and graphics.

God Sribe

Smash Cadet
I am looking forward to this, but with only mild anticipation. I generally don't go "ape" over a game

LinkFanatic24

Smash Rookie
Gamer4Fire said:
If they did that, they would have to start all over again. Putting GCN graphics on a Rev wouldn't be a good idea, they would have to start from scratch and personally, I find the idea of TP being released in 2007 really unlikely. It would be a huge waste of money anyway.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
LinkFanatic24 said:
If they did that, they would have to start all over again. Putting GCN graphics on a Rev wouldn't be a good idea, they would have to start from scratch and personally, I find the idea of TP being released in 2007 really unlikely. It would be a huge waste of money anyway.
He wasn't talking about putting Twilight Princess on the Revolution, he was talking about changing it so that the story or whatever would flow better into the Revolution Zelda...which is just stupid since they probably would have been planning the next Zelda game already when they started making Twilight Princess, so if the storys are meant to match, they would have planned it from the beginning...

So now I've said that twice...and only JMY got it...

raxus

Smash Cadet
Zelda is one of the prime reasons I even picked up an N64 controller...and Twilight Princess is going to make my freakin' year

I'm still confused as to why they Nintendo is releasing it for GC when it seems like it would be a prime way to lure people into the Revolution...because I can tell you now, I can wait for the revolution price to go down if I have this game for the cube

I see it as poor marketing seeing as how they didn't just randomly decide to build a new system and they know Zelda is a HUGE name for the company...could they just not think of enough game aspects, enhancements, and performance to utilze the new system's power?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
They've been working on this since Wind Waker came out, and Iwata (the president of Nintendo) doesn't want to abandon the Gamecube this early. They're already also working on a Zelda for the Revolution.

DukieMan1223

Smash Lord
I remember seeing the dates a while back for the Fusion Tour, the one with demo of Zelda. I saw that the tour was coming to my area in November. I though this was odd since then it was before they announced the delay. Why would they have a demo of the game if it was already out, I thought. So now this leads me to believe that Nintendo had this delay in mind for quite some time before they announced it. I don't really know what I'm getting at, just thought I'd stop by and throw something out there

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Dukie, they often have demos of games released up to a month or so before the E3 at E3. Just letting people playing the game so they can go home thinking "I need to buy that game."

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dukie, Cashed is right--the point of a demo is to decide you want to buy the game, so it kind of doesn't matter whether the demo is around before or after the game is released. I don't think Nintendo was expecting the delay, but they seem to be adjusting nicely, focusing attention on the DS this holiday. (Anyway, Rev. owners will still be able to play it, so everyone will be happy)

I also think releasing TP on the Rev. would be a HORRIBLE idea. They've said that they are concrete on releasing it on the GCN, and it would be silly to delay it to the Rev. For one thing, it wouldn't take advantage of the Rev.'s new features.

Anyway, the GCN is relatively cheap, so people who are allured to the GCN for this game alone will be more inclined to pick it up.

Anyone who already has a GCN will want it, and since most people who'd want a GCN have one by now, a lot of people will be able to play the game. I think it's a smart decision to release a game like this LATER in the cycle, when the GCN population is greater.

I'm sure the game will sell well, and, hopefully, the extra months will make it worth the wait. Until then, I've got some wonderful DS titles and some amusing GCN diversions to keep me occupied.

Legendary Kirby

Smash Cadet
I wunder if you can buy your weapons like swords and stuff and there is a veriety of diferent weapons, like on w.o.w. world of warcraft. They have a bunch of weapons of all sorts. And every one stop passing out!

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Legendary Kirby said:
I wunder if you can buy your weapons like swords and stuff and there is a veriety of diferent weapons, like on w.o.w. world of warcraft. They have a bunch of weapons of all sorts.
What, you mean like in every single RPG? I really doubt Zelda will ever be like that...it has never happened before, and probably never will...sure, it might be cool, but like it or not, getting your weapons in dungeons and special events and stuff is part of what makes it Zelda...

Top Bottom