• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
They made the second Zelda game RPG and was dubbed the worst Zelda game.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's full title was "The legend of Zelda; The Adventures of Link."

KiraYamato

Smash Journeyman
I dont know what nintendo was thinking when they changed the gameplay from Legend of Zelda to Zelda 2. Im just glad they went back to its roots in A Link to the Past and stayed with that format.

byt

Smash Cadet
I have to disagree that Zelda II is the worst. The worst Zelda games (3 of them) were the ones released for the Philips CDi because they weren't done by Nintendo. The Adventure of Link, while it may not be the best of the series, is still 'canon'. I must be one of the few people that liked it; I never did beat it.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does that mean that Mario RPG isn't a Mario game? Because it most certainly IS.

Zelda 2 still had a Zelda atmosphere, and many Zelda elements. It may not be a true Zelda game in gameplay terms, or, well, lots of others terms :p, but it's still a part of the Zelda series, whether you dislike it or not.

Kind of like Luigi's Mansion. It's STILL a part of the Mario series, and it's still a Mario game, just not, well...a very GOOD game in comparison.

I get your point, though. But, hey, Zelda 2 introduced us to Dark Link, as well as the Hyrule Temple theme. Now that's worth something, isn't it?

And, yea, Zelda 2 was still canon. I actually have played that more than the original for some reason...ALMOST beat it, but I swear, the last dungeon wasn't layed out like Nintendo Power mapped it...I didn't bother USING the map until I got stuck, and even THEN, it didn't seem to help. :laugh:

byt

Smash Cadet
Hmm, I don't recall a map for the final area in Zelda II....I remember maps for the second quest in the original Zelda, though.

KiraYamato

Smash Journeyman
byt said:
I have to disagree that Zelda II is the worst. The worst Zelda games (3 of them) were the ones released for the Philips CDi because they weren't done by Nintendo. The Adventure of Link, while it may not be the best of the series, is still 'canon'. I must be one of the few people that liked it; I never did beat it.
How many people have actually played the CDi games? What kind of game was it? Was it a traditional style zelda game or was it more like zelda 2 or was it something completely different? I have only heard very little about this.

byt

Smash Cadet
I've never played them. Only read summaries and the opinions of those that have played them. I think at least two of them were like Zelda II. Check wikipedia because there are entries on those games...there's even an entry about the infamous BETA Zelda III for the NES that showed up on ebay a few weeks ago.

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
Destiny Smasher said:
Does that mean that Mario RPG isn't a Mario game? Because it most certainly IS.

Zelda 2 still had a Zelda atmosphere, and many Zelda elements. It may not be a true Zelda game in gameplay terms, or, well, lots of others terms :p, but it's still a part of the Zelda series, whether you dislike it or not.

Kind of like Luigi's Mansion. It's STILL a part of the Mario series, and it's still a Mario game, just not, well...a very GOOD game in comparison.

I get your point, though. But, hey, Zelda 2 introduced us to Dark Link, as well as the Hyrule Temple theme. Now that's worth something, isn't it?

And, yea, Zelda 2 was still canon. I actually have played that more than the original for some reason...ALMOST beat it, but I swear, the last dungeon wasn't layed out like Nintendo Power mapped it...I didn't bother USING the map until I got stuck, and even THEN, it didn't seem to help. :laugh:
Mario RPG is a Mario game. Luigi's Mansion is a Luigi game in the Mario universe (so was Mario is missing). Links Adventure is not a Legend of Zelda game. Although it is canon.

byt said:
I've never played them. Only read summaries and the opinions of those that have played them. I think at least two of them were like Zelda II. Check wikipedia because there are entries on those games...there's even an entry about the infamous BETA Zelda III for the NES that showed up on ebay a few weeks ago.
That was a Hoax.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Yes Donkey Dong, that name definitely doesn't sound very trustworthy...

...Donkey Dong...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Plus the whole, pulled off by Ebay thing makes it sound genuine.

It's still a Zelda game G4F

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
If the first zelda was a LOZ and a sequel came out later called Zelda 2, then it is indeed a LOZ as well, don't look so far into it.
Yes Donkey Dong, that name definitely doesn't sound very trustworthy...

...Donkey Dong...
Blast..my phalically suggestive username has foiled me again! I'll get you peter pan!

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Legendary Kirby said:
whats loz? ( ?.?)
LOZ stands for Lots of Zelda. It is a term commonly used to describe a long Zelda game. Gamer4Fire's recent argument with mic_128 was about the fact that he did not think that Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link was a long game, but mic_128 did not understand what he meant by the term LOZ, much like yourself, and continued to argue that Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link was a Zelda game, which was not even Gamer4Fire's point.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
oh...and all of this time I thought you guys were using it as a shorthand to talk about the Lozi people of western Zambia. Boy is my face red

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That's what I was using Loz for. You were using the term for a game reference G4F?

Just a bit from a japanese gaming site.

In a recent report from a Japanese game site, Twilight Princess will span over 100 hours of gameplay, which covers the main adventure and side quests. It is also considered that the game is longer than any previous Zelda's, most notably Orcarina of Time. In other news of Twilight Princess, the newly added game mechanics (that have pushed the release date back), are supposedly the new benchmark for the Zelda series.
100+ hours? Somehow I can't help but doubt that, but even half of that is a good length.

And new game mechanics? New benchmark of the series? Oh well, 2 months to go.....

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
mic_128 said:
Plus the whole, pulled off by Ebay thing makes it sound genuine.

It's still a Zelda game G4F
But not a Legend of Zelda game.

byt said:
Hoax or not, the screenshot was taken from a TV. Even if it was a fake, the game does still exist and this makes it only 1 known copy, not 2.
I can put pictures on my TV from my computer. It isn't that hard.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.

Are we so starved for new information that we are reduced to arguements about Legend of Zelda 2 that are only vaguely coherent? Come on Nintendo, throw us a frickin' bone!

Not to pick on you all for your debate (Although on a side note, I've read through the whole thing a couple of times, and I'm still not even sure what the issue is), I'm just a bit annoyed by the total lack of any new information. Seems like there has to be something new they can give us that won't ruin the game for us. Between this and Smash Bros. Revolution, Nintendo has really been getting on my nerves recenty...

Legendary Kirby

Smash Cadet
So what is LOS!? Legend of zelda? Lots of zelda? Lozi people of western zambia?!? ahhhhhh!!!!! :runing through the wall, off a cliff then plumles onto the ground and twiches for a couple seconds and then blows up. :

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Legend of Zelda. If you can't understand that by now, I suggest you leave this forum, and wait a few more years until you post again.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Went to EB yesterday and they've got unnofficial pre-order boxes for it.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I have never entered this topic before now.

Probably everything in these 59 pages could be summed into one paragraph, so I have no regrets.

What does Mic's Nationality have to do with LOZ? UNLESS mic_128 is a character in LOZ, and knowing he's Australian has some kind of significance to the plotline, I think it really doesn't matter.

So basically all I need to know about this game is that it's hitting stores in April, the graphics and gameplay are sweet, and Link has a weird buddy who rides him when he turns into a wolf.

Wow, that saved alot of unecessary brain activity.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
ChRed2AKrisp said:
What does Mic's Nationality have to do with LOZ? UNLESS mic_128 is a character in LOZ, and knowing he's Australian has some kind of significance to the plotline, I think it really doesn't matter.
It does. I give Link the Gale boomerang.

It was only because that I said the Pre-order boxes are in stores now, but they've been in US stores for a while.

Top Bottom