• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The only thing that is confirmed is that it WON'T come out before April of next year. Next summer would seem likely.

Also, Nintendo has already confirmed that they are not pushing it to be a Rev game. Iwata (president of Nintendo) has said that Nintendo will continue supporting the Gamecube until the Rev's release. As such, they are not going to cheat GC players out of this game. It will be a Gamecube release.

smilingmadman

Smash Apprentice
I had a really weird dream about Twilight Princess last night. But all I can really remember about it now was that, in the game, I got the musical instrument used in the game, but instead of an ocarina or conductor's baton, it was a golden plastic electronic music box. You push one of the dozens of black buttons and it creates a note. Also, while transforming into a wolf, I decided that the Wolf Mask (Majora's Mask style) looked so much like a fish that I just chose to transform into a fish instead. I then proceeded to swim in lava.

Back on topic though, I am so excited about this game that if it keeps getting delayed, I'm gonna hafta move into a psych ward. But hearing that it'll have more dungeons than Ocarina of Time makes me incredibly anxious.

SSJMarioBros

Smash Apprentice
McFox9 said:
The only thing that is confirmed is that it WON'T come out before April of next year. Next summer would seem likely.

Also, Nintendo has already confirmed that they are not pushing it to be a Rev game. Iwata (president of Nintendo) has said that Nintendo will continue supporting the Gamecube until the Rev's release. As such, they are not going to cheat GC players out of this game. It will be a Gamecube release.
And plus if they did pushed it to the Revolution, the Gamecube would be considered dead until then.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
I saw an issue of EGM where they had a pic taken of a Cube used for a flower pot with a caption that said something about finding "new uses for your Cube, now that TP's been delayed until next spring". It's almost sad that it's true. Maybe Nin is doing all they can to make sure the Rev's Wi-Fi is working top-notch at launch.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
blaksheap82 said:
I saw an issue of EGM where they had a pic taken of a Cube used for a flower pot with a caption that said something about finding "new uses for your Cube, now that TP's been delayed until next spring". It's almost sad that it's true.
I don't know, there's a pretty cool game for Gamecube called Super Smash Bros. Melee, you may have heard of it. ;)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The point is that there are basically 0 hit games coming out for the Gamecube until next summer, with only handhelds to keep Nintendo afloat. That isn't good. Very few people are buying SSBM anymore, everyone who wants it already has it.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Thank you McFox, someone got the point, not to mention it was in EGM, not NP. And Strikers is fun, but not enough to keep Nin afloat, or with the replay factor of SSBM. The majority of games coming out for the Cube between now and then are all third-party and/or multiplatform. Nin really seems to be putting all its eggs in the DS, which they have a great lineup for, but that won't keep everyone satisfied.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
Wow, some people are actually catching on. The Gamecube has been doing bad for quite some time, and now people are actually figuring that out? When was the Gamecube ever doing better than its competition? Never. The Gamecubes best days were back in 2001/2002 with the release of Super Smash Brothers Melee and Metroid Prime. When you have to sell a Gamecube for $99.99 with a FREE copy of Super Smash Brothers Melee or Mario Party 8, then you know that it is not doing very well.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
And with that last comment, the debate officially turns to Nintendo's poor marketing problems. For my money, the cardinal mistake they consistently make is hype. They hype up a game like Twillight Princess months before its going to come out, and by the time it actually does, anyone who isn't a hardcore Zelda fan is going to be wondering what the heck it is. People don't have the kind of attention span to wait months for a game when there are plenty of good games on other platforms. Granted, I personally would rather see a superior product and wait a few months, but the question then becomes why didn't they just wait until it was closer to completion to announce it?
The fact is Nintendo seems to be so sure whatever it is selling is pure gold and that it cannot fail that they start preaching about it so far in advance that people have plenty of time to figure out it isn't all that great before it comes out. Anyone here hear much about Halo 3 recently? Nope. That's because the game speaks for itself, because the company making it isn't so concerned about making sure everyone knows its the best game out there six months to a year before its even on the market.
I guess all I'm saying is Nintendo could benefit from a little less BS, and quit trying to tell us all how great their products are instead of proving it to us.

Anyways, that rant is a bit off topic, but it really does explain a bit of my frustration with Nintendo, specifically on the issue of Twillight Princess. Right now it looks like its enough to keep me from getting a Revolution, because its tough to trust a company that just doesn't follow through.

Sorry for the distraction, now on with the many pressing issues and concerns regarding the newest installment of the Legend of Zelda series...

Andy

P.S. I like the sig, Sephiroth27

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
rAt, I understand your point, but I don't want to spend however much a PS3 will cost for a gaming device that has all the other digital electronics I already have, and I refuse to willingly support Microsoft. Oh, and Smash, of course. But I definitely understand your point, Nin does tend to dissapoint with its hype. For example, was NP always a medium for Nin to toot its own horn (LOUDLY), or was I just never paying enough attention?

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just because the GCN isn't the best selling console out there doesn't mean Nintendo isn't making money from it.

The sad thing is that it isn't just the GCN that is suffering from lack of good games in early '06, it's EVERYTHING. All of the hyped up titles are being delayed. I mean, The Japanese are lucky to get Kingdom Hearts 2 right now, but...

Seriously, what else IS there for any current gen stuff people are looking forward to BESIDE Twilight Princess? Final Fantasy 12? Delayed. Kingdom Hearts 2? Who knows when that'll come here. Black? Well, OK, but when IS that coming out?
Oh, wait, there;s Dead or Alive 4, which has ALSO been delayed--how many times now? I lost count.

Nonetheless, there were WAY too many excellent games this year to the point where I'm still catching up. Unless you're a freak and have blasted away at every good game this year, you've still got some really nice titles to look at.
Shooters, racers, action, and even platforming all got at least one or two wicked titles this year.
Resident Evil 4, God of War, Tekken 5, Mario Kart DS, Psychonauts--I know there's plenty more I haven't played. (I actually haven't played Psychonauts, either).

As far as I'm concerned, Metroid Prime Hunters and Twilight Princess will keep me occupied until the next gen. comes in full force, and in the meantime, I have games from THIS year to keep me busy. I just hope Twilight Princess rolls around in the first half of '06, because it's gonna be bad if it doesn't.

Of course, it has more hype to live up to than, like, any other game I've ever heard of, so let's hope it does. And let's beat the he11 out of places like EB Games that say it's coming out in November months after the delay announcement.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I just read at n-next.com that a generally reliable magazine(forget whcih) reported that TP will be compatible with the revo controller, if you insert the game into the the rev. it won't be a different mode of play, just a different control scheme.

this would make sense with the delay.

personally i agree and think this is likely as a promotion for the Rev and TP. however, this is NOT official.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Destiny Smasher said:
The sad thing is that it isn't just the GCN that is suffering from lack of good games in early '06, it's EVERYTHING. All of the hyped up titles are being delayed.
Not to start an argument here or anything but it is pretty much is just the GCN that is suffering. Because the 360 has been released you can expect the majority of games that would have been released on the XBOX to go there. If you think the PS2 is lacking in titles check the release date list. And I guess you haven't heard but KHII is coming to the US in March.

But like you said there are plenty of games from this year to keep you busy(assuming you have more than just a gamecube) so why even worry about what's coming out next year now?

One more thing, people should just stop waiting for only big name games to come out. If your only looking for the next Final Fantasy or the next DOA it's always going to seem like there is nothing to play right now. Go ahead, try something new.

EDIT: Chared, I think the game was delayed for a little more than added control functionality.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
ChRed2AKrisp said:
I just read at n-next.com that a generally reliable magazine(forget whcih) reported that TP will be compatible with the revo controller, if you insert the game into the the rev. it won't be a different mode of play, just a different control scheme.
It was NGC magaziene, and they had this to say.

Web sites are today reporting that NGC Magazine has an official scoop on the title, including that it will launch in late 2006 (not March/April, as expected) for GameCube and closer to the release of Nintendo's next-gen console. Further, they claim that the game will offer not just Revolution-only unlockable extras, but also fully-fledged Revolution controller support, which sure sounds exciting.

Its always seemed like a big mistake for Nintendo to keep this game lined up for a GameCube release, and even more so now, considering it will launch well and truly after the last third party games reach market - should the rumour turn out true.

But perhaps its not all that bad afterall. Development reports have indicated that the Revolution is not graphically up to par with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and as such, merging Twilight Princess with Revolution controller use will most likely result in a game that feels just like a Revolution-developed game, and not like a last-gen GameCube game (when played on Revolution).

In essence, Nintendo are wielding a double edged sword here. On one side, the Revolution will launch with one of the greatest games ever made, while the existing GameCube audience will be satisfied. Don't expect any announcements to be made by Nintendo until E3 next year, and take note that at this stage its purely rumour and speculation.
And here's the scans of the article.
http://www.soifall.net/zelda/

Uchiharakiri

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, um....

I think everyone here will agree with me that this "news", or mind numbingly infuriating text...deserves a whole sentence in caps...

WHAT IN THE SAMS HELL IS THIS, OH MY GOD IN DEAR HEAVEN, OH JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH WHAT THE HELL!

Okay, now that that's out of the way, I'll elaborate on why I typed in caps...11 months wait to play this game, I mean seriously people, why would Nintendo tell us of the game NOW and wait to release it SO LONG. It's like they REALLY ARE trying to anger us into madness, I mean come on, 4 months is bad already, now 11?! If they're going to do that they might as well postpone it even more and just release it on the Revolution for all I care about waiting so ****ed long!

I know I know, "It'll be worth the wait", I know, I know it will be, but it's 11 MONTHS. I really hope this magazine's sources are all very, very very wrong and that this is all just some sort of misunderstanding. Why am I so against such a push back, well look here:
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_princess
_
That wikipedia article there states and also has proof that several people at Nintendo have said it will be out and about near April 2006(but then again things happen and change, duh, but they still are better sources than a rumor), I know this rumor hasn't been confirmed so i'm willing to give it a chance of it being true, but I really hope it ain't, for serious --_--(k nough of my ranting, now for some seriousness)

Also, It's not a very good marketing move to simply push back the release of the game simply to add Revolution capabilities to it, i'll tell you why. This is going to be a big game in sales once released, closer to Revolution or not, it IS obviously better for them if they release it near April as planned, seeing as the Xbox 360 and all that jazz is out, they need a big title, big money. It simply does not make sense, THERE WILL be a next generation Zelda game for Revolution, so why take Twilight Princess and simply delay it(of course delaying them of money right now) JUST to (possibly) fine tune more(why, they've had plenty time since the first delay) or simply just make it Revolution playable, when, as I said, there will be a completely Revolutionalized Zelda title for the Rev, come on, makes no sense.

The article states all that jazz about how much better it would be to play Twilight Princess with Revolution capabilities, and yes, it would be nice, but like I said, there'll be a Zelda title completely devoted to that, as opposed to TP which would simply use it as a bonus. I just don't get that rumor. And again, Eiji himself has said that, loosely quoted. "This will be the last Zelda game as you currently know them" that itself implies that it won't have any Revolution bonus to it, it would be directly opposing what Eiji has said AND HE'S in direct making of the game(or Shigeru just overruled his *** about it). Regardless, I just don't get the rumor because of that. If it's being released for Gamecube, then please, it's for Gamecube, let the next gen Zelda title do all the Revolution stuff, you'll be better off, Ninty. Because really, if we're going to have to wait so long for TP, you really just might as well launch it as a launch title for the Rev if you're going about delaying it to add all these features to it, cmon.

In closing to my overly long, too much free time essay about that rumor, I will have a few words. This could simply be that magazine's way of A: boosting up sales or B: Simply explaining how the next gen Zelda could play, while adding in the extra of a lie(maybe) to get us pissed off about another delay. If choice A and B are correct, the magazine are sadistic turds(feel free to add your own choices, we have a whole alphabet here). Then again it is a rumor, and it could be true, but i'm sure a lot of you feel the same way as I do right about now...

Not only can we not stand to wait for the game, we'll now have to not stand the wait until Nintendo finaly tells us if it's true or not.

P.S: Would it not be funny if Nintendo comes up in April 1'st and goes "APRIL FOOLS, LOL, wait another 6 months, lol."

Disclaimer: If your head is spinning from being filled with doubts, speculation, anxiety and or theories, don't blame posting user, blame the letters.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Uchiharakiri said:
Also, It's not a very good marketing move to simply push back the release of the game simply to add Revolution capabilities to it, i'll tell you why. This is going to be a big game in sales once released, closer to Revolution or not, it IS obviously better for them if they release it near April as planned, seeing as the Xbox 360 and all that jazz is out, they need a big title, big money. It simply does not make sense, THERE WILL be a next generation Zelda game for Revolution, so why take Twilight Princess and simply delay it(of course delaying them of money right now) JUST to (possibly) fine tune more(why, they've had plenty time since the first delay) or simply just make it Revolution playable, when, as I said, there will be a completely Revolutionalized Zelda title for the Rev, come on, makes no sense.
I think this paragraph sums it up nicely. If this is true (and I'am having a really hard time believing it) what would there be to play on the gamecube until then? 11 months of nothing. As Uchi said they would only be delaying themselves of money.

With the Revolution launching in November and Mario 128 having been in devlopment for 10 years now, do they need Zelda to usher in the new generation? Plus SSBR should be ready to release as a launch title by then. I just can't see this happening.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, no kidding. I was on 1Up.com and noticed the little tidbit.

I've gotta admit, it could prove to be a very good move. Make it a GCN game to satisfy GCN fans, but give Rev. owners a little bonus by adding extra features to it. That WOULD explain why the game looks pretty darn finished but is still in development.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3146578

Back in September, Nintendo announced: "Our development team has decided to take extra time to add some incredible elements." These were elements that Miyamoto and Zelda director Aonuma said were "simply far too good to leave out." And they weren't wrong.

Anyway, some very interesting developments. Of course, as said above, not only do we have to wait for the game, but we ALSO have to wait for the official word.

My opinion is that Nintendo releases the game this spring, but continues to work on the Rev. until the Fall. That way, it'll give players a reason to go back and play Twilight Princess again, if you follow. Well, aside from the fact that it may be an amazing game.

Nintendo really seems to be putting all of their eggs in one basket, eh? If this game doesn't stick a move, they're gonna be a mile high in Nintendog cr4p, for sure.

Anyway, something about this just seems fishy, but all the same, it DOES make sense. I just can't bear the thought of waiting another 11 months. The longer the wait, the higher the stakes are.

I'll be perfectly satisfied with Zelda on GCN and SSB3 debuting on the Rev.

At any rate, it's sad how E3 has become like a Christmas for my brain. Seriously. I'm looking forward to E3 more than ever now. We'll learn more about Zelda, the Rev., the PS3, and who knows what surprises will be in store. D4mn, it's just crazy.

But yea, the big problem these days is game dvelopers let us know about works in progress too soon. What happened to the good ol' days when games like Yoshi's Island just sort of appeared, seemingly out of nowhere? I remember hearing about Melee only a couple of months before it came out. Geez, I didn't even HEAR about the 1st SSB--poof, there it was.

Deo_Smash

Smash Apprentice
I have just learned that we will be seeing Twilight Princess in April 2006. Here's from the article directly: "Nintendo of America's Executive Vice President of Marketing and Sales Reggie Fils-Aime confirmed some time ago that Twilight Princess would be arriving on GameCube in North America during April of 2006"

Also:"Twilight Princess will still be released on GameCube - there's no denying that fact. However, when you insert the disc into your Revolution, you'll be given the option to use the Revolution's controller, with all of the advantages that this will bring."

Source: ::http://www.revolutionreport.com/articles/read/235

So there will be only one game released, but revolution fetures will come with it. Cool. Only 4 months til the release. I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, I can wait until April. And if it WILL work with the Rev., that's only more incentive to buy it later.

It would be a smart move to release it in April and the Rev. later on in the year when the Rev. is completely ready. That would be amazing.

But d4mnit, make sure SSB3 is ready first, and friggin' awesome, too. I don't want any of this 'Friend Code' crap when I play SSB3 online. The Rev. could devlier a more 'XBox Live' experience, and if it can do that, and for FREE, wonderful things will happen.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Deo_Smash said:
I have just learned that we will be seeing Twilight Princess in April 2006. Here's from the article directly: "Nintendo of America's Executive Vice President of Marketing and Sales Reggie Fils-Aime confirmed some time ago that Twilight Princess would be arriving on GameCube in North America during April of 2006"
The only problem with that statement is that it was said some time ago while this magazine is for the month of Jan 2006. My point is to completely disprove this rumor Nintendo would have to make the statement that TP is not coming out at the same time as the Revolution. I don't believe that they will release closely together but that's just me.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
So TP's been delayed again, for almost a year this time. Interesting...

AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Actually, in addition to the Wikipedia article, there's another reason I'm not taking anything this magazine says as fact, aside from the obvious fact that nearly everything there is pure speculation, and all the educated conjecture still doesn't sound too reasonable. The reason is that this magazine doesn't check its facts and sources. This is from z004.jpg, referring to using the Remote to play TP:

"Just how tiring this will turn out to be after an entire dungeon is anyone's guess. We'll probably all end up with one arm significantly bigger than the other! Of course, we have to admit that actually fighting with the controller will make combat a much more involving and aggressive experience, and what more could you ask for?"

Now this is from the Dec. NP, when a writer was given a private demo of the Remote: "I initially played the demo by waving my arm in front of the [TV] screen, but Miyamoto kindly showed me that it was much more comfortable and effective to rest the remote on my lap as I would any other controller, and aim with my wrist." It's a direct contradiction. Also, the majority of what NGC suggested about using the Nunchaku doesn't seem like it would work, if you look at how short the cord is between the Nunchaku and the Remote.

Another example of NGC not checking its facts is that it mentioned a possibility of fishing in TP, whereas Wikipedia had this to say:

"Returning in Twilight Princess is the fishing mechanic from the popular Ocarina of Time mini-game, which was inspired by a fishing mini-game in Link's Awakening. Its exact place and purpose in the game has not yet been confirmed (i.e., a mini-game, sidequest, or part of the main adventure), however, it was revealed by Eiji Aonuma that unlike the fishing in Ocarina of Time, Link will be able to take his boat to different areas to fish. It has been hinted that one of its final uses may be to fish up a boss that Link must then defeat."

There's one other reason I'm not accepting this, and it's because I just don't want to. :p

Hey, just a couple of side questions also, because I haven't looked through every page of this thread, but has anything been suggested regarding the fact that Midna's helmet has the same shape as the TP title logo, behind the wolf? That, and the same odd designs on Zelda's funeral robe are sort of tatooed or painted over Midna's body? (It was confirmed that Midna turns back into some human form outside of the Twilight Realm... she better not turn out to be Zelda, like the last two games with Zelda in them. :mad: )

Uchiharakiri

Smash Journeyman
"It would be a smart move to release it in April and the Rev. later on in the year when the Rev. is completely ready. That would be amazing.

But d4mnit, make sure SSB3 is ready first, and friggin' awesome, too. I don't want any of this 'Friend Code' crap when I play SSB3 online. The Rev. could devlier a more 'XBox Live' experience, and if it can do that, and for FREE, wonderful things will happen." -Destiny Smasher.

I'll have to concur with Smasher there, if in fact the game is released in 4 months yet still has Revolution capabalities, i'll still buy the Rev with the added incentive of playing it with a new twist (as if SSB3 wasn't enough, heh).

As for SSB3's online awesomeness, I do believe it should be a little Xbox live by the time it comes out, because you have to see, that because of the DS's size, you simply won't have enough room to put in features that would make it more interactive to use online, while the Revolution, in contrast, should be.
_
"Another example of NGC not checking its facts is that it mentioned a possibility of fishing in TP, whereas Wikipedia had this to say:

"Returning in Twilight Princess is the fishing mechanic from the popular Ocarina of Time mini-game, which was inspired by a fishing mini-game in Link's Awakening. Its exact place and purpose in the game has not yet been confirmed (i.e., a mini-game, sidequest, or part of the main adventure), however, it was revealed by Eiji Aonuma that unlike the fishing in Ocarina of Time, Link will be able to take his boat to different areas to fish. It has been hinted that one of its final uses may be to fish up a boss that Link must then defeat."" -blaksheap82

Good eye guy, I actualy missed that, that only shows that this magazine doesn't even have their facts straight, despite the fishing minigame being as good as confirmed to be in the game by Eiji, that blunder does discredit them, so how could we believe a rumor of theirs(even though it might still be true).

"Hey, just a couple of side questions also, because I haven't looked through every page of this thread, but has anything been suggested regarding the fact that Midna's helmet has the same shape as the TP title logo, behind the wolf? That, and the same odd designs on Zelda's funeral robe are sort of tatooed or painted over Midna's body? (It was confirmed that Midna turns back into some human form outside of the Twilight Realm... she better not turn out to be Zelda, like the last two games with Zelda in them. )" - blaksheap82

Nope, not that I know of, nothings been said by the interviewed about the game, so far any connection of Midna being someone else in the game so far is sheer speculation and theory, so not as of yet.
_
Anywho, I'd like to say, that I only see the release of TP so dang close to the Revolution's being for one of the following. A: A sort of marketing ploy to have people transfer onto the Revolution using the Gamecube Zelda game(upping money). B: TP is actualy the Revolution Zelda game and Nintendo has either changed their minds about it suddenly or were lying to us the whole time.(three letters, one word= wtf dude). Or C: All of Nintendo smoked some sort of illegal substance and stuck with this idea shortly after debating TP's release on said substance.

Of course as you know, A and C are the most likely choices, while A is the more likely of the two, but hey, you never know with Nintendo, eh? o-O

(please Nintendo i'll name my child after you if you don't do this O-o)
_

Ooh, hey, a little glimmer of hope, even if it's not from the most reliable source.
_
Check Amazon.com out and search for Twilight Princess.
_
Thats for Amazon's listing on Twilight Princess, it says that the game will be released on May 15, and even if it's one month after April, it's still hell of a lot better than a possible November 06 release. Please don't take this as concrete, Amazon isn't always one to be always right with release dates, i'm just posting this to give us all a little glint of hope for us Zelda fans, who are very very impatient(cmon, we have a right to be). Anyhow, if anyone out there finds any good info, make sure to post it, currently no major gaming websites besides EGM (that I know of) have posted any articles on info on this new rumor development of Twilight Princess, so if anything is found, do share, I be out. And next up...UK Amazon, it should be noted that the magazine where this rumor comes from is the UK, now, taking that in mind...here:
-
Check Amazon.co.uk out and again, search for Twilight Princess.
-
TP is scheduled, according to Amazon UK(not concrete either) that it will come out on May 26, but then again Regis himself has said a release date of April, who knows.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ignore any dates given by Amazon, or any other online store. For example, they have March 06 dates for the Rev. It's just a guess. Or at least they're just using the last known release date.

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
LOZ:OOT was the best fishing game I ever played. That minigame was worth the entire game.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
blaksheap82 said:
Actually, in addition to the Wikipedia article...
I wouldn't take Wikipedia as being any more reliable than a periodical [magazine] because Wikipedia is a free public access, public-EDITED encyclopedia. It's a good resource for solid facts, like who gave the Gettysburg Adress, but for other matters, I wouldn't put too much faith into it.

Really, I think of Twilight Princess as I think of a great musician's/band's future album. Take however long you need on it, so long as it lives up to quality standards.

And if TP Does include hack'n'slash capability on the Revolution, I would be highly delighted for both the feel and the workout. Cuz you know, I'd be goin' all out with it.

The bottom line is, we'll just have to wait for official word from nintendo, not just reported leaks and speculation. Patience, grasshopper. Patience.

Uchiharakiri

Smash Journeyman
Ah yes, patience is good advice, though I seldom follow it, you'd guess. "And if TP Does include hack'n'slash capability on the Revolution, I would be highly delighted for both the feel and the workout. Cuz you know, I'd be goin' all out with it. " -Resting Fox.
Well yeah, i'd be delighted too, but only if it would release on April and not near the Rev's release, I'll tell you why. We all know there'll be a fully Revolution Zelda title on the Rev, so it wouldn't make much sense to delay TP to add a bonus Revolution feature...seeing as we'll all have SSB3(WOOTOMG) right off from the Revolution's launch. And trust me when I say this, even that one game alone could keep us busy untill the Revolution Zelda title is launched, eh?

Btw nice Star Fox siggie there, Resting. ^-^

P.S: WOOTOMG is pronounced (WHOOTOHMGUH)

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Resting_Fox said:
I wouldn't take Wikipedia as being any more reliable than a periodical [magazine] because Wikipedia is a free public access, public-EDITED encyclopedia. It's a good resource for solid facts, like who gave the Gettysburg Adress, but for other matters, I wouldn't put too much faith into it.

Really, I think of Twilight Princess as I think of a great musician's/band's future album. Take however long you need on it, so long as it lives up to quality standards.

And if TP Does include hack'n'slash capability on the Revolution, I would be highly delighted for both the feel and the workout. Cuz you know, I'd be goin' all out with it.

The bottom line is, we'll just have to wait for official word from nintendo, not just reported leaks and speculation. Patience, grasshopper. Patience.
Okay, well do you trust EGM more? This blurb in a large article from the June issue of EGM, mostly an interview with Aonuma, has two pictures, one of a silouhette of Link in his boat casting, another next to the first, not silouhetted, of Link in a boat holding a rod and a fish that looks very much like a real freshwater fish, I just can't think of the name of the fish it looks like right now.
"Although angling has a proud history in the franchise...it wasn't originally planned as part of this new Zelda. But unknown to Aonuma, one of the programmers was working on it on the side as a pet project. 'It's the same programmer that made the fishing event in Ocarina of Time,' says Aonuma.
Which is probably why, at this point the gameplay feels much like it does in the N64 classic... [The article goes on to explain how fishing was done in OoT, but since we've all done it before, I'm not going to bother typing out the entire thing.]
As for how fishing will be incorporated into the larger game, it's still under consideration. '[It might just be a minigame. like in Ocarina of Time,' says Aonuma, but I'm thinking about the possibility of making it related to the overall scenario [as well]. One of the wildest ideas is you could fish for a boss, then fight against him.' "
That Wikipedia article also mentioned almost everything I just quoted from EGM, especially the idea of fishing for a boss (which I very much like myself). So, all this just supports my statement that NGC doesn't check its facts, and I'm leaning more and more towards Uchiharakiri's postulation that NGC only did this to increase their sales, which isn't that surprising considering the Cube's release status feels like walking into an old West ghost town where even the tumbleweeds are absent.

Uchiharakiri

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I just thought this was funny, I found it when looking for any news on the supposedly new delay(nothing better to do right now).
-
"E-Leigh-T: Wouldn't it be funny if the game got delayed again next year. Heck they could show the game off at E3 again instead of showing us the Revolution.

Aidan_702: Lol april 2006.

No...wait...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
-

It's on some sort of bulletin post type of board or something, heh, anyways. This was way back when(a year is a long time in Internet time) the first delay was announced around August, hah.

Uchiharakiri: Lol november 2006. Nope, wait a minute, this should explain it....

http://darthno.ytmnd.com/

...That was me(sadly) when I heard the possibly true rumor, sad drawn out No and all.

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
It would be cool to have hack and slash. Imagine the calibration for your "sword"... Hold the controller at your side and press B, now hold it at arms length in front of you and press B, now hold it at arms length to your side and press B. You are now ready to chop some goblin scum.

Uchiharakiri

Smash Journeyman
Eh, can't argue with you on that one, however, please make it clearer of how you think it will play, you sort of lost me.

Oh by the way, Zelda online Revolution Fps(first person slasher) anyone?, Rofl, no?, then how about a third perspective slasher?, heheheh.

Helium

Smash Rookie
I read somewhere else that if you play Twilight Princess on your Revolution, you'll get a few features and extra tidbits.

As for the game, I am highly anticipating it. It's sad that they delayed it though.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
All right, I'll say this one more time, and then no one will have to see me post anything about this again: this was not an official magazine, and nothing it says should be accepted as fact until there is some official word from Nin. There, I've said it, and I will now shut up.

EDIT: Uchiharakiri, I checked out your "NOOOOOOOO", LOL.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
"In the latest issue of the United Kingdom-based NGC magazine, information concerning the connection between Nintendo GameCube title The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and the Nintendo Revolution was revealed.

According to the magazine, "Twilight Princess will be playable on the forthcoming Revolution using the upcoming console’s unique controller. Zelda will actually 'bring in' the Revolution by launching fairly close to the new system, which is set to be released around November of next year, according to [NGC's] sources."

Continuing, NGC stated, "Twilight Princess will still be released on GameCube - there's no changing that fact. However, when you insert the disc into your Revolution, you'll be given the option to use the Revolution's controller, with all of the advantages that this will bring."

In regards to the cited release dates, NGC mentioned that while it doesn't "know the exact day, it seems that [Revolution] will likely arrive in the UK in November, just in time for Christmas," with Twilight Princess arriving some time prior.

Nintendo of America's Executive Vice President of Marketing and Sales Reggie Fils-Aime confirmed some time ago that Twilight Princess would be arriving on GameCube in North America during April of 2006, so there's a possibility that the Nintendo Revolution might launch in other territories prior to Christmas 2006, if Jim Merrick's statements of a global launch are to be believed."

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Well, I really appreciate the effort, but I've seen this. I thought there was some other source stating this now. Look farther up the page for a post I made where I quoted Resting Fox, I point out some statements this magazine made that obviously shows it doesn't check its facts.

Uchiharakiri

Smash Journeyman
I know their article is a little old, but www.hyrule.net had this to say, these guys are pretty good.

"[Rumour] Twilight Princess compatible with Revolution

22 December 2005

According to the Brittish NGC Magazine, part of the reason The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was delayed was to make it compatible with the new Nintendo Revolution and it's unique controller. While the game is still set to release on the Gamecube, according to NGC, it will unlock extra features, including Revolution-controller control, when played on the Revolution. Furthermore, NGC claims that the game will launch in november 2006, 'bringing in' the Revolution.
A few notes HAVE to be made on this, since it's most likely a mere made up rumour. First of all to begin with, the given quotes are wrong. It seems they've been editted to fit this news. The way NGC speaks of "our sources" is also quite dubious. Furthermore does the november 2006 release contradict heavily with Reggie's sayings about a release in april and Nintendo didn't want to give any comment on it.

Our take on this? Quite possibly nothing more then a rumour. We think it's quite likely that when you play The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on the Revolution, it will feature some extra's. Just like Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons, the two Gameboy Color games who had a little extra when played on the Gameboy Advance. The whole story about Rev.-controller compatibility and a november 2006 launch; we call it a fake though. We'll keep you updated on this. " -Hyrule.net
-

And any of you just head over to www.hyrule.net and click on the rumor link up there, their article is there. Anywho, thats all for now.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Tread softly, Nintendo...

Wow, people have been quite busy in my absence.

Well, I hate to be the first to say it, but I am not impressed with the idea of the Revolution controller. If it isn't done exactly right, its going to be a limitation more than anything else, and Nintendo has a reputation for not delivering on particularly hyped up items. I guess I think of it this way: there are 8-11 independent buttons (depending on if you count the C-Stick as four like it has been used in the OoT port) on the Gamecube controller, plus the joystick. Only the joystick has anything to do with moving the character. The new controller will have, what two to three buttons? Anyone else see a problem here? I mean, I don't like the idea of no joystick, but I'll give it a shot, but anyway you look at it, this new controller is going to limit your ability to call things up from your inventory and use them quickly.
The idea of slashing everything manually would be kind of fun, as would using the bow and hookshot, and that would last me about twenty to thirty minutes. It is the rest of the gameplay I'm not too thrilled about. Twillight Princess isn't the sort of game I'd want to play entirely in first person (as they have thus far been designed to play in a third person view), and I can see it being close to impossible to control in third person with a Rev controller.
I guess my point in all of this is that if they make this game Rev controller compatible, its going to involve changing the way it plays on a normal controller as well, such as removing usable buttons on the Gamecube controller that won't be there on a Rev controller. Unless they are planning on remaking the entire game for Rev controller mode, which I'm assuming would take quite a bit longer than until November.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the idea of them adding the Rev controller feature if it doesn't alter how it plays with a Gamecube controller. I simply cannot see any way they can add in a feature without altering the base gameplay, and in a negative way.

All of this to say that if they delay this game till November to add a feature that I don't want, and alter the gameplay of the base game to accomidate this feature (as in removing usable buttons from the Gamecube controller so we won't feel limited on a Rev controller), I could quite possible never purchase a Nintendo product again.

Top Bottom