• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
MK, is this for real? I'm a little suspicious of that "M" rating i see on the box. True, this Zelda looks to be a little darker, but I haven't seen anything that would suggest a harsher rating than a "T", and I find it a bit hard to believe that the big N would move their most popular franchise from an "E" to straight down to an "M" in one game flat. I'm also wondering how you managed to obtain box art (Be it promotional boxart, but boxart still the same) this early on. I'm wondering where you got these pics?

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
I hate you. You almost gave me an orgasm... until you said it was fake. =P

If what was said up there about the Reigns of Sorrow and Poseidon, I would preorder this game right now. NOW. I hope it gets T or M, very much hope!

The rAt

Smash Ace
Well, i feel positively stupid; I half believed those shots were real. I guess I confirmed my own question as to why I'm still a n00b around here... Still, I did rather like the style. But I'm pretty sure I don't want this title to be an "M" rating. That just isn't Zelda. I think it could pull off a "T", but that's where I draw the limit. That's part of Zelda's appeal, it caters to a broad, yet solid audience, it would be more limited or cheapened in my eyes if it catered just to the older audience. Games like Zelda are great because they are full of layers, that no matter what you think it is by looking at it, there's more to it. Anyways, props for the nice fakes, MK. They were much easier on my eyes than those involving large hairy elves in red shirts...

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Well OoT was this "-" close at getting a M.

You know at the very end when Ganondorf spits blood out, well in the early version the blood was red. ERSB had missed that and gave it a T, but later they discovered it so Nintendo changed the Blood color to green instead in order to prevent the game to get M (less sales...).

So I say when crazy small details like that makes the difference between T and M I don't really care, it's the same for me.

But Nintendo will obviously avoid M as much as possible, all the kids who own a Gamecube wont be able to buy the game because of that M.

Oh and rAt you are a vet ;)

Night Strife

Banned via Administration
sorry Giygas it did get a T. I have the game and it even says so on Gamespot.

The game also got a perfect 10 on everything
Review
GameSpot 10/10
GamePro 5/5
Nintendojo 10/10
Avault 5/5
Game Revolution 19/20(except here:mad:)

It was truly an awesome game. I hope the new one will have up to par with the rating and reviews of OoT. I can't wait for this game

Night Strife

When did we go over this? I hate being a n00b.

Well I feel really stupid right now. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Air Grady

Smash Rookie
I know that this game is going to be rated Teen, but Ocarina of Time was definately rated Everyone. Seriously, the closest thing to blood was the deku seed a deku baba dropped...

Also, about the "Reins of Sorrow" I am pretty sure that is false. According to the Japanese IGN boards, the title of this game is "Zelda no Densetsu: Yuushuu no Tadzuna." In english, that translates to "The Legend of Zelda: Ride of Sadness/Melancholy."

Kind of an odd title...this may be false also, we will just have to wait and see.

TSA

Smash Rookie
According to Bill and Nate of NOA's localization team in a recent interview:

http://www.planetgamecube.com/

The game probably will receive a rating of Teen in the United States by the ESRB. In all honesty, Ocarina of Time should have been Teen as well, but the ESRB back then wasn't as authoritative. You used to only send a small segment of your most violent portion of the game, and they rated an entire game based on that. Now the game is rated not only on in-game content, but the manual content and box packaging. That's how far things have come with the ESRB (even though they still use an age based rating system).

As for this totally BS title, Reigns of Sorrow/Briddle of Melancholy...you guys hit it right on the nose - what is the source? According to both the NCL and NOA Press Rooms, restricted online areas for media personel only, there is no "title" for the game in English or Japanese as of this minute available. Sure, a title could exist...but it hasn't been made public.

Even the new screens are from E3 2004...they aren't recent. About the only things we know are that this game will be in playable form at E3 2005 according to Miyamoto, and at one point NOA officially had the release date as Q2 2005. Now it is back to just 2005.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
this game is going to be great regaurdless of its theme. I just cant wait for E3 to come back around!

Air Grady

Smash Rookie
Yeah it definately is, regardless of the graphics or name, you can just tell it will be good. I believe it takes place after Majora's Mask which should be cool.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Meh. I see no proof. I think it would be interesting if this game takes place during the war that orphaned Link in OoT.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
where in the LoZ timeline does OoT take place? if so we know that Link from OoT is the the same in MM. and that MM happened during OoT. and it would have to have happened within a few generations of the OoT Link if not the same Link. Its gonna be cool to see the first 3D Link. he is the first Link that we got to see expression with. first with any sorta attitude. so cant wait!

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
I believe the only "official" timeline or the one that we can definitely say is true is:

Ocarina of Time--> Majora's Mask --> Wind Waker

Go back a few pages in this topic to see some discussion/debate about it, and there's also an individual topic that was made (try a search, or I think it might be in the Light House game threads listing).

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
thats ok, I'm to lazy to do all that. besides, I'm pretty sure this is a direct link to the 64 Link. and by the way, does anyone know who Link was looking for in MM? was it Navi? or was he looking for the Sage place where Saria was? I mean Navi wasnt with him in MM, but how did they get seperated? and I hope Saria is more in this one. something about Link's best friend disappearing, and he really dosnt show to much emotion torwards it kinda got to me. so many things they could do in this. I just hope Ruto died or something... ^_^

The rAt

Smash Ace
Wow, i was just hit with an enormous wave of nostalgia from the good old Legend of Zelda timeline debates. Speaking of which, what ever happened to DYL and Firaga01? I haven't seen them in forever.
Anywho, back to the point, there are a lot of takes on the LoZ timelines, including an alternate timeline theory, so the thing is its just plain tough to figure out. I forget if we actually decided on anything or the debate just trailed off, but in any case we can say with confidence OoT -> MM -> WW.
As far as MM goes, there's two different theories about who Link is looking for. Some people think he was looking for the skull kid. Link encountered him in OoT, and they parted as friends, and in MM, Link finds the skull kid, but never actually finds Navi. Navi, of course, being who other people (including myself) believe he was looking for. This because his encounter with the skull kid was brief and unimportant in OoT and would hardly warrent the entire quest of MM to find him, plus it is said in the beginning of MM somethign to the effect that Link is searching for his friend, who left him at the end of his quest (OoT). Sounds a little more like Navi to me, but i've heard good cases on both sides, so believe what you want. I doubt it's Saria, though, as she's probably still back in the forest with the rest of the Kokiri.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Saria went to live with the other Sages. she is kinda stuck in a room with them. and I'm uncertain about that kinda timeline. its basically right, but MM happens dring OoT right? or does half of OoT never exist since you restore the peace in the past? thus making the future part of OoT void and never happened. ARGH!!!! aside from all of this I'm going to look for that old Zelda timeline thread. and if there isnt one that I can currently use I'm starting a new one.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Underdog, listen! 2 other people have said this.

OoT came first, then AFTER Link goes to look for Navi (My opinion) and does whatever. Then WW kicks in.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
okay wait... o_o I'm confused. Didn't MM happen because Young Link DIDN'T open the temple of time? Because in MM he just doesn't open it and the world is saved because Ganondorf never got through...

Maybe I'm just remembering things incorrectly though.

CerbKirby

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that there are 2 (or multiple) realms; the Regular Realm and the Sacred Realm. I don't know if that's really correct, but Ganon was placed in the Sacred Realm for eternity, and he could never escape (or so was thought). Thus, time was able to be put back to place, with everything being the same except for Ganondorf being locked away.

Come to think of it, didn't Navi part with Link at the end of OoT? If that was so, then does that mean that Link was looking for Navi? Because he misses her? Well, that's what I would think, since it only seems logical, and mostly probable.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Well, at the end of OoT Zelda says she is going to undo everything that happened in the game, therefore Link would never have gotten Navi nor would he remember Navi.

oni_link

Smash Journeyman
when she sent him back he is sent back to right before he would have pulled the master sword out. he definetly knew navi and watched her fly out of the window. and undrdog, saria wouldnt be in the sages room because none of that happened after he was sent back. unless you believe by sending link back she created an alternate timeline, which is also possible. MM happened after OoT in Link's mind. i believe in MM he was searching for navi but if you think about it why would he let her fly away if he was just gonna go on a quest for her later. wind waker happened way in the future after hyrule was covered by an ocean. my hope is that the link in this game is the same link from MM and OoT all grown up and ready to kick ***. other than that the only other thing i really want to see is the fierce deitys mask but we all know the chance of that happening.

The rAt

Smash Ace
This is why i like the multiple timelines idea; cut and dry. In any case, when Link puts back the Master Sword for the first, last, and every time in between to return to the past, he returns to the EXACT moment he leaves. Gannondorf enters the Sacred Realm some number of minutes/seconds after him. So, as long as Link returns to the past and stays there, Gannondorf never gets into the Sacred Realm. As far as Zelda undoing stuff, it doesn't matter; she only undoes everything between the time Link picks up the Master Sword and the time he first wakes up; i.e. only the time traveling has been undone. Link meets Navi before he does any of his timetraveling, therefore his meeting of Navi is uneffected. Secondly, we have no reason to believe Link does not retain all of his memories from his adventure, regaurdless of whether or not it has been erased from time. Thirdly, we know that he still has had some contact with Navi, because AFTER Link returns for the final time Navi leaves him.
I think all of that makes sense. I'm not certain about the idea of Zelda erasing everything, so much as Link's never returning to the future erases it from existence. However, after Link leaves, we see the partying of various Hyrulians, therefore we have to assume that this version of future Hyrule still exists. There are two possibilities; The first of which is that they exist as seperate universes indipendent of each other. As much as i like this idea, it is hard to work out, because the entire game Link has been affecting the past to change the future. Therefore, the second idea is that Link makes a full circle, starting with his first timetravelling incident, and ending as he stops timetraveling. Link then leaves Hyrule to go to Termina, and various other adventures which take up the time during which the future Link does his thing. Then after that Link leaves to return to the past, he takes his place.
Confusing? Yes. What i find even more confusing is why all of this is posted in this topic and timeline topic...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
if she turned everything back to the way it was prior to all of this happening, wouldnt that mean that Link would still just be a sad little boy crying in his treehouse. and if thats the case, how would Zelda know of Link to give him the OoT again? it would make sense if that nothing happened up until the point where his adventure would've begun.

and undrdog, saria wouldnt be in the sages room because none of that happened after he was sent back.
just because that time was changed dosnt mean that she is no longer a sage. it was her fate to be a sage. she has been a sage ever since she was born right? i dunno, but it seems that all the sages are sages through and through. but then again if Link never had to fix things in the future... eh, this would be easier to figure out if Time Travel was possible...

BladeMarth

Smash Ace
AHAHAHAH! how confusing.....why did they have to make it so confusing.. but what i do is just try to think of the games all completely seperately, since Link looks different in each game, i think that its a completely new Link. It stops me from pondereing never ending thoughts about LoZ endings, beginnings and the such.

I hope the title of this game doesn't turn out to be somthing lame like that melancholy one......

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Just a reminder guys, since it looks like this topic is starting to get all about the timeline, there is a different topic for that.

Night Strife

ok thanks Craftstar. It feels good to finally know the name of the game . I wonder what the story is. The title could be a huge hint. Maybe you guys know most of it but I don't feel like lokkinmg through tons of pages. If you haven't then the title is our only clue.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
Reins of Sorrow was better IMO... "Gates of the Realm" sounds kind of odd. But this is obviously tied closely with the story, so we'll see how it turns out.

EDIT: Holy mother of god can't we just get a real title for once --;

Top Bottom