• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

TSA

Smash Rookie
The Multiple Timline idea has a problem. It's called The Legend of the Fairy. It's a story about Tingle from Majora's Mask helping the Hero of Time...and it's found in The Wind Waker.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
perhaps Tingle is like really old or something. he isnt exactly human. and there is a thread about Zelda timelines

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
In a recent IGN news report:

However, he did confirm two never-before-known facts about the project. "The next grand Zelda game, which follows chronologically after the Wind Waker, will be released at the end of 2005 in Japan," Aonuma revealed. The late 2005 release date in Japan would indicate that a simultaneous launch in the US could be planned.

Quizzed for more specifics on the game, Aonuma held firm, but did say: "I can reveal one lone secret: it'll be very, very beautiful."
Full Article

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Well, that certainly cuts the cheese (what?? That's a terrible metaphor...) on the whole multiple Links idea. Every odd game starts a new Link in the chain. Sorry for the pun, folks, but if the developers can pun his name in the title (LttP), then I won't feel bad about making a few of my own.
In any case, each odd game starts a new Link, which is carried through to the next game; LoZ > AoL, LttP > LA, OoT > MM, Ect. Also, as I noted a friggin long time ago in the Timeline thread (go look it up, its good for you), with the exception of the Oracle games (do they count? oh well, in its case certain elements are simply inverted), the first game deals with the origin its particular Link, usually involving Gannon/Gannondorf and Zelda, where as every even game deals with the continuing adventure of the Link from the previous game.
I'm not going to elaborate further on this idea, as i already have in the Timeline thread, and this is not that thread, so if anyone wants to debate this they can feel free to resurrect it, however, i bring this up simply to point out that new information regaurding this new game (namely the fact that it takes place directly after WW chronilogically) conferms the prediction I made about it around the time WW came out.
So props to me for rocking at life, and props to you all for... um... whatever you are doing that... um... rocks...
That's my two rupees (haven't said that one in for-friggin-ever)...

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Since it takes place after Wind Waker like Aonuma said, I can totally see some idiot or something releasing Ganondorf from his stone. Is there's no water now too, it either isn't in Hyrule (have they said anything about the game being in Hyrule? I don't remember) or it takes place a freakying long time after Wind Waker. That water isn't going to dry up that fast.

... Then again, it's Zelda. They could figure out someway to make the water go away.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It could simply be that WW-Link found a new continent and everyone moved over. Or there was already people there. But I hate to speculate so I'll stop.

RichBrown

Smash Master
im not ********, honest

or maybe those huge giant type things from majoras mask got some really big straws and sucked up all of the water. and then the moon came and he brought his own straw and started drinking. but before gannon died he secretly spiked the water and the giants and the moon were all stoned. now they are vandalizing hyrule and its up to link to stop them. sounds about right...

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
No, King Zora just decided to do a cannonball one day, and the splash sent all the water skyrocketing into outer space.

WOW we're nerds.

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
I have an idea.

Maybe...Just Maybe...

SOME SORT OF PSEUDO-REALISTIC BOMB WENT OFF, MAKING EVERYBODY MORE REALISTIC, AND IT MADE THE WORLD REALISTIC BY EVAPORATING ALL THE WATER! AND IT MADE EVERYONE ELSE REALLY REALISTIC!

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Originally posted by Bahamut
No, King Zora just decided to do a cannonball one day, and the splash sent all the water skyrocketing into outer space.

WOW we're nerds.
If we really were nerds, someone would point out to you that the water at some point would come down crushing tons of people under the weight of waves.

RichBrown

Smash Master
If we really were nerds, someone would point out to you that the water at some point would come down crushing tons of people under the weight of waves.
dude, obviously if king zora did a cannonball, the water would go into outerspace and never come back, like bahamut said. and if it did come back, it would probably just land in the ocean and not on land. duh.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
... the water would so burn up in the atmosphere if it even tried to come back down.

I'm wondering something... Why doesn't Nintendo show the extended trailer that websites such as IGN saw at E3? We got to see one video, they got to see two. I'd love to see this other video.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cashed
Why doesn't Nintendo show the extended trailer that websites such as IGN saw at E3? We got to see one video, they got to see two. I'd love to see this other video.
There's been like, whole articles written on this. The extended trailer should have been shown months ago, preferrably around the time that Halo 2 and GTA:SA were really gaining steam. It would have been great to maintain some hype in the Zelda camp. Last year's E3 was great, and it got everyone excited about the next GCN Zelda, but then it just died down... Nintendo has released... only like 3 screens since then. There won't be much point in "releasing" the extended trailer at this year's E3 since the game will be playable and nobody will care about a year-old trailer besides watching it just for the heck of it.

Typical Nintendo, though. "We don't promote our games because people will copy our ideas!"

(And they so copied Mario Sunshine's "revolutionary" water-jet-pack that Nintendo was afraid to show early for the same reason.)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I just wanna know where the crap the water goes. and I really hope Ganon is in this too. the first time we saw Link on the cube was on a GCN trailer and he was sword fighting with Ganondorf. So gotta get that going! would still be great to see a RE4 type gameplay for tight areas. Not to mention that horse wasnt Epona... =( well they hinted that it wasnt earlier anyway.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
If this is set after Wind Waker, then Epona should have been turned into glue a WHILE ago.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I know... I liked Epona though. when she made it into MM I though she would become part of the franchise. then when WW came out I was slightly disapointed that she wouldnt be there, but the game looked so nice I overlooked it. then when I saw the trailer for this game I really got my hopes up. oh well, time to break out the Elmer's I guess. =/

The rAt

Smash Ace
You say potato, I say Epona...

To put all this stuff about Epona into perspective, you are right. The real question here is what type of glue? Super? Wood glue? Paste? But I digress. My point is that Link and Zelda should both be floating somewhere around the bottom of that big body of water we all know as the Great Sea (that's what we know it as, right? I forget...). But both of them are in Wind Waker. Or rather incarnations of them are in Wind Waker. So wouldn't it be entirely possible for the horse in this game is a new incarnation of Epona? Maybe Epona's long lost great-great-great-rediculoustly-great grand daughter (how many generations are we talking, anyway?)?
To be perfectly honest, I think they are going to call this horse Epona. Why? Because its Link's horse. And that's what Link likes to name a horse when he's got one on hand. Just like they name each hero who comes along Link. Because when someone comes along and saves Hyrule, its just practical to call him Link (Even though I always name him George, go figure). Same with Zelda. I think the only character you can actually make a case for being the same guy in each game is Gannondorf/Gannon. But that's a whole new can of worms, and to be honest, I hightly doubt he's going to be in this game.
I think that's all I really wanna say right now. Two more rupees in the jar for me...
And with that, I'm down to my last (four? six? i forgot to count) posts before i break the N00b barrier... It's all about rationing...

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
From the latest EGM, they had a small article on the pre-order bonus for this game...

It's a full-length version of windwaker remade with the graphics of the new zelda. With 2 extra dungeons that were excluded from the original.

That's right. Windwaker. Not cel-shaded. 2 extra dungeons. Free with $10 down on the new kickass Zelda.

Breathe in, Breathe out...

I don't have the exact article right now (being that I'm at school and the issue's at home), but the offer will start up on April 1st.

The Windwaker

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Omnigamer
From the latest EGM, they had a small article on the pre-order bonus for this game...

It's a full-length version of windwaker remade with the graphics of the new zelda. With 2 extra dungeons that were excluded from the original.

That's right. Windwaker. Not cel-shaded. 2 extra dungeons. Free with $10 down on the new kickass Zelda.

Breathe in, Breathe out...

I don't have the exact article right now (being that I'm at school and the issue's at home), but the offer will start up on April 1st.
Wait... you mean I can see a realistic Link swivel around a baton? And get shot out of a canon and hit concrete face first?

It just wouldn't be as funny if Link was realistic in the Windwaker :( They'd have to like take out any funn cartoony scenes... that's why I like the cel-shading in the game. I mean, although a remake of the game with realistic graphics would be mondo cool, I still think that Windwaker is best left as a cel shaded game. I can't think of a realistic talking boat, those funny demon like enemies that keep on making the noise, and that guy who puts the painting in front of his face and does random crap, yeah, that guy.

random:
OMFGWTFBBQ IM 17 NOW I CAN GO BUY RESI 4 WITHOUT ANY TRUBBLE!!1

Comment on rAt's post:

Yeah, I think they will name her Epona. They, for some odd reason, keep names. Impa has been in the series as Zelda's guardian ever since the first or was it second game. Every princess, of blood of course, is named Zelda, and the hero, clad in a green tunic, really doesn't have a name. He's just a hero because he has green clothing.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Which reminds me... don't trust anything you see or read regarding videogames.

The april issues of the different mags will already launch about now, and they will start all those friggin' rumors usually about the most hyped games, IE, Zelda.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yes. Better to kill the rumor now then let it esculate. Remember sonic in ssbm anyone?

The rAt

Smash Ace
You know, this is one of those bizarre instances where my bothersome habbit of reading more recent posts first and working my way back came in handy. However, in the interest of best representing what should have happened, but didn't out of sheer chance; That was mean to get my hopes up like that (Good thing you failed).
Well, all of above comments are a bit random and hard to understand, and even more deplorably off topic. In the interest of both redeeming this post (not to mention not wasting it to say absolutely nothing), as well as moving on, I think I'll say more.
Anyone have any speculations on what this new game will bring in terms of Hylrulian diversity? Will we be seeing more of our favorites (Gorons, Zora, Koroks, ect)? Or will the game stick more to the Hylian side of the spectrum? And what about some new (but, in my humble oppinion, more importantly ORIGINAL) races? Something more fire-based, perhaps? And what about the Shiekah (sp?)? Did they just intermingle with the Hylians? And how about linguistics? Personally, I'd like to see more of this 'Old Hylian' or whatever it is refered to in Wind Waker, but it'd also be interesting throw in a little Goron or Korok.
Anyways, sorry for the long post, but it seems like no one's had much to speculate about this game recently, and I'd like to know what people expect and want to see out of this game (besides it being in the same vein as OoT). That's all for now.
(I don't think anyone cares, but... only 4 more posts left... I dunno if I wanna move up... Being a n00b is kinda fun...)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by The rAt
what about the Shiekah (sp?)? Did they just intermingle with the Hylians?
Impa was suposedly the last of them.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
I can juggle Ketchup!

We might not see any Zoras as well since they had evolved into those bird people in Wind Waker...

But on the other hand this is a great chance to explain how the Zoras come back since they are present in later games (ALtaP and others)

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
these fields are optional but will enhance your on
No way that all of the Zoras evolved. I just can't imagine a situation where bird people would automatically be better than fish people, considering there's a ton more water in WW than OoT. If anything, natural selection would favor regular Zoras over everything else.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Some probably turned into those talking fish that drew the maps. Now that there's land, they probably evolved back.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Re: I can juggle Ketchup!

I think it was kind of odd for nintendo to state outright that this game happens after WW...it kind of makes things harder for them, having to make up excuses for how things have seemingly gone back to the way they were in OoT...

Originally posted by Metroid Killer
We might not see any Zoras as well since they had evolved into those bird people in Wind Waker...
Huh? I don't think so...did it actually say that in the game?

Anyway, did it ever occur to people that there was more to the world/planet Zelda is set on than just what you can see in the games...there may be many more zoras and gorons and hylians etc living in other areas of the world, and I'm not sure but I don't think anybody has actually said that the game will be set in the same area as WW...so it may be set in a part that never went under...

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Originally posted by Revolutions
No way that all of the Zoras evolved. I just can't imagine a situation where bird people would automatically be better than fish people, considering there's a ton more water in WW than OoT. If anything, natural selection would favor regular Zoras over everything else.
Play the game again, it clearly indicates that the Rito are an evolved race of the Zoras. There's a reason why the Rito sage Laruto is a Zora.

And if you consider the possibility that Zoras are freshwater fish, then it would explain why they evolve.

It's not official, but it's common sense around all Zelda forums.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Originally posted by Arash
wind waker explicitly states that it takes place 100 years AFTER ocarina of time
Explicitly? Holy ****! Did the game put them in bold and italic and raise the font size so we knew it was 100 years later? Did it state that it was indeed written in stone that it was exactly 36500 days? Please refrain from stating the obvious *******...

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
these fields are optional but will enhance your on
Well, I understand the Zora-->Rito thing. I just don't think it's very likely that every last Zora would be replaced. Some would remain, whether or not the Rito become the dominant species. I mean, even if the theory of evolution allowed for such a sudden change, common sense says that 100 years is not a long enough time for a species to completely disappear without something maliciously hunting them down.

Top Bottom