• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Flok

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think that wolf at the end could say something about the new magical thing we get to see this time. We had an ocarina, the Wind Waker, and magical masks, but now something with wolves and darkness?

Me like the dead people, plus the deku plants and the dude with the boomerang who looks like Wizzrobe from Majora's Mask.

I'm satisfied, good job Nintendo!

Night Strife

Banned via Administration
I can not wait to get this game! I'm almost 100% sure that this game will get Best Game of The Year for 2005 or whatever. I know I might sound like a fanboy, but I think this game will be awesome.

This game will rock so hard. I can not wait. This will be the only thing on my mind until I get it. Man this game looks good. *drools*

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Wait, wait, wait... MK, is that the official Box Art + name?!

Awesomeness. Gates of the Realm... sure seems to leave a lot of possibilities open. I'm fine with the name. The flashy gold isn't bad either :-)

If only someone could actually read what's on the back, there...

Night Strife

Banned via Administration
Is that the European box cover? It doesn't look normal.......I don't know, wait, its the 12+. Is it me or isn't the normal rating, E, T, M, or A-O. I have never seen a ##+ rating before.

It could be the European Boxcover, and thats how ratings are over there. So sorry if it is European, but I just wanted to know.

Hawkeyes

Smash Cadet
I must have watched the trailer about twenty times and it still blows me away. I don't want to reiterate what everyone said, but I'll just say I am amazed. I noticed some things I bet few did:

The return of Bomb Arrows. In the part of the trailer where Link is fighting tiny dragon-like enemies on horseback, listen for the trademark fuse sound. We haven't seen Bomb Arrows since Link's Awakening.

I believe those ghosts are of Hyrule soldiers from the old Hyrule (Assuming this is the new Hyrule).

It seems you can break the shields of enemies now (Link shattered a Stalfos' shield).

I can't wait for this game, Super Mario 128, and Resident Evil 5. The Gamecube just keeps getting better and better.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh....my.....god. I almost cried after seing this....it's....just so.....:******:

Stopsign

Smash Ace
When I saw that I stripped and ran around my house naked ;). It was 17 degrees out there. Farienheight (sp).

Well awhile back when I posted something about Link's horse being able to morph into different animals. Like wolves and eagles might actually be right. Well atleast he was riding on a boar.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Mic_128, we are talking about a fictitious game right? (sorry, I couldn't resist) :D
Stopsign, thanks for the disturbing mental picture, and I'll thank you for refraining from sharing such information in the future.
Now, the trailer... My initial reaction most likely appeared something like this; O_O . Well, quite a bit more happy, actually, but you get my point. This really seems to conferm, for me, the theory that this game, at release date, will destroy the posteriors of every game currently on the market, as well as most in the past or to come. Granted this is coming from a devoted Zelda fan, but I think the point is well taken.
I loved the Goron. I've been waiting to see the Gorons have some important part since they were completely underused in Wind Waker. Additionally, I wonder if that large and imposing Boomerang weilded by that baboon creature will eventually end up in Link's capable hands. I also wonder what that tall creature-esque thing is. You don't get a good look at it in the trailer, but Planet Gamecube has a pretty good screen shot of it. Interesting...
Anyhow, I don't really buy into this whole shape-shifting thing. I mean aside from the wolf at the end, which I see as highly stylized, and included for effect, we have no hints at shape-shifting. Link riding a boar could just as easily mean that you can now steal enemies' boars as well as their weapons. I guess I'm just not sure how I feel about Link riding something that could just randomly turn into a caterpillar or something. I suppose it's better than giving him a car though...
Well, that's all I have to say for now. (I believe I'm going to do away with that whole, two cents bit... it was getting old.)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Wow, that trailer was...mediocre. I didn't like it much. Good, but..meh.

Happy that there is new stuff, but it is kindof bland. Not the game, it looks kick ***. The Trailer just looks like a rushed, or poorly made, trailer.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The trailer is actually a little boring. The first time it was like "omfg, zelda" now it's just kinda like eh, all it really shows off is the graphics. I want to see what the game is about, not just the pretty graphics.

Also, the ground could use some work. It looks very ugly.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
My only complaint about the trailer was that it focused almost exclusively on combat. It should have shown some puzzle elements or something.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well awhile back when I posted something about Link's horse being able to morph into different animals. Like wolves and eagles might actually be right. Well atleast he was riding on a boar.
Yeah, either that or he jacked a pig. we saw the (moblins?) riding them aswell. but yeah the end had the wolf howling, so that may be key.

and it seems Link is moving up. first saving chickens, then pigs and now kitty cats? and sporting the downward thrust is nice aswell. I hope the next SSB will sport this Link in all his glory. ^_^

Ryuker

Smash Lord
I'm glad that box art is fake. 60 Hz only doesn't sound right.... :(

I'm really happy that they are using the forest for the better. Especially that shot of the wolf with forest. The forest seems more detailed now. Lightning effect look te become awsome. I hope the field will get a bit more attention. The sky seems to have gotten more attention. That sunset when fighting with the goron was beatiful.
It seems that you will be able to steal enemies transportation and that should give a nice twist. Now we have to wait till we find out if the enemies can steal you beasts as well;). I'm also happy that I still have no clue what the story would be like when watching this trailer and that they just showd the different elements. By the look of it the game still needs some work but I'm confident they will make it as awsome as ever. W00t we will be able to dive again :D
I'm really curious what this game will turn out to become like. I can't wait till december...

DukieMan1223

Smash Lord
It seems like there's a whole scary undead theme going on their. With all the skeletons and ghostly soldiers. That's one of the things I liked most about OoT, there were a bunch of scary parts especially in the dungeons. Looks like the storyline line will be quite interesting by the looks of the wolf and that big tree creature thing.

Here's to hoping Tingle makes a return.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Originally posted by DukieMan1223
It seems like there's a whole scary undead theme going on their. With all the skeletons and ghostly soldiers. That's one of the things I liked most about OoT, there were a bunch of scary parts especially in the dungeons. Looks like the storyline line will be quite interesting by the looks of the wolf and that big tree creature thing.

Here's to hoping Tingle makes a return.
Here's hoping Tingle doesn't return. Maybe the wolf will eat him... here's hoping...

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Originally posted by mic_128
Why? Metroid Prime 2 was.
I wasn't that interested in metroid prime 2 and I don't have it. But I am interested in Zelda..... . In my holiday home I have a tv that does not support 60 Hz and I like playing there a lott and finished about every zelda I have in that home on that tv:p. So I would like to be able to play it there as well.

Loki56

Smash Cadet
i hope to god that this isnt a continuation of windwaker. I think it isnt cause the place isnt submerged in water or anythings. Its just that i have such a bond with the real link, from OoT and Majoras Mask. Plus the newer link is a little ***** >:(.

The Windwaker

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Loki56
i hope to god that this isnt a continuation of windwaker. I think it isnt cause the place isnt submerged in water or anythings. Its just that i have such a bond with the real link, from OoT and Majoras Mask. Plus the newer link is a little ***** >:(.
You know, reading the topic helps, a lot. :)

Top Bottom