• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
KI loves Power Rangers, duh.

Those pictures are horrible, too. I mean, it doesn't even look like N64 graphics to me.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
...huh?

Am i the only one that is not understanding the text accompanying those pictures? Okay, so part of it is that i'm too lazy to actually sit down and TRY to understand it, but i'm not a big fan of having to try and figure out what someone is saying, when there's probably just an easier way to say it. In any case, my philosiphies on transelation, grammar, and just about everything in general, don't really apply here, i'm just wondering if anyone knows what its supposed to mean...
Also, i was thinking, and assuming these pics were real, wouldn't it be far more likely that they're shots of Four Swords DS? I mean, they've already confermed the game, and the shots look to me more in the DS range than the Cube range, especially considering the bright colors we've yet to see associated in any way with the gamecube Zelda, but wouldn't seem all too out of place in Four Swords (well, that's my oppinion anyways). Of course, all of this is assuming that these pics are genuine, which is obviously a pretty heavy suspension of disbelief...
In any case, something more for you guys to chew on...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Originally posted by Kid Icarus
rAt you should post more often. I like your opinions :)...
Lol. I skipped his post because it looked too difficult to read. Sentence breaks, punctuation, grammar, and the "Enter" key are your friend rAt :).

Uh, Foxxy, what are you doing in the Light House? Didn't you read the description: Cool people only durr ;).
Then you must've really slept around to get to be the Mod here ;).

Come on, tell us. Did you actually "meet" Gideon, or was it Zootelamix and his promised recommendation for you that made you visit Canada? :laugh:

The rAt

Smash Ace
KI, thanks for the props, and you're right; i should post more. I think i've been a n00b for about two years now. Unfortunately college dominates my time during the school year and work dominates my time during the summer, so between that and the book i'm attempting to write, i don't have a whole lot of time for posting. I'll work on it though.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Those pictures look really bad, period. But does anyone think that some of them look like the area to get to the Eastern Palace in Link to the Past?

But, wow, when did this topic get so... off-topic? This is supposed to be about the Legend of Zelda GCN, people! You know, the game all the GameCubers want, but we only have a two minute movie, so how can this topic keep going on?

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Sweet Jesus, look at the first one. That's gorgeous! I love the colours of the whole thing. And the blur type effect used on the background.

This game will be awesome.

EvilEvincar

Smash Journeyman
From what I'm hearing, those haven't come from a new version of the game. It's still from E3.
But even then, just look at that horizon. If that appears in the game, I'll just be riding around, just looking at every view possible. The final version may make real life look pixilated.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Anyone else notice the coolness in Links shield? It actually has depth on it.

Jamo

Smash Journeyman
Six more months till the first playable demo is realeased, if my mermory serves me correctly. It's about time Link got some real armor, notice the chainmale under his tunic and sleeves. Where did you get these new screens Cashed? Anyway, bravo Nintendo. Long live The Legen Of Zelda.:)

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Aw geez....I think next year is gonna be an expensive one for me...so many cool games comming out....

I can't wait to see how Link will look when he has all of his upgrades and weapons....

Is it just me or would the fierce deity mask look friggin awesome with these graphics.....

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I wouldn't say Wind Waker was huge. There was a ton of water in Wind Waker, but after playing the game through twice you find out how pointless it really is to have THAT much water. The reason the map was so large too was because it was mostly just that, blue and then sometimes TINY islands scattered around.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Originally posted by pokemonmaster01
Too bad they haven't gotten past that whole circle-isn't-really-a-circle thing. It's really apparent on Link's sleeves. I can't stand that!
I was noticing the same thing. In motion it's hardly noticable, but with a still like that it's hard to miss.

Giygas

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I think the shots look nice but they aren't anything to drool over... yet.

I don't care, I'm just still so happy that they're doing a realistic Zelda.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
there was a small dispute over this game was real or not. from what I heard shortly after the trailer was shown at E3 some nut went around saying that the Cube couldnt handle this sorta game. most gamers just laughed but the Microsoft loving sites and shows took advantage of it and broadcasted that "rumors has it that the nintendo sequel to The Ocarina of Time is just a stunt by nintendo to bring back the crowd and to have people purchase GameCubes just as the prices went down." To think so much crap could be caused by one looneys rambelings. of course Microsoft nor Sony had any part in this, but a few G4, (not yet affliated with TechTV) shows jumped all over it. I would've posted this sooner but I havnt visited the Light House room in quite some time. I dunno, I just thought it was interesting.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
I don't care what all of you people say; I love those screenshots!

And I think the GameCube can handle this. They can get it to work. Just look at some of the gorgeous games out there: Resident Evil, Metroid Prime, Wind Waker (yes, I loved cartoon shading).

The rAt

Smash Ace
I'm gonna have to go w/ Raccoon87, on this one; the screens are orgasmic (am I allowed to say that in here?). There would have to be one heck of a downside for anything to ruin this game for me, but I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed, because the more hyped up something is, the more room for failure.
In other news, anyone else notice Link's new utility belt? Finally, some sort of acknowledgement that he has to have somewhere to put all those nifty gadgets he's so well known for. It's a little batman-esque, but i'm not complaining.
And just out of curiousity, is that the Hylian Shield or Hero's Shield he's carrying? I don't currently have a copy of MM, and I'm far too busy (lazy) to get out my copy of OoT and check that...
That wasn't quite two cents, but I spent the rest of my funds on tuition, so that's all i got for ya'll...

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
wonder how much of a factor Sheik will be. or even if Zelda would kick some butt with out the ninja gear it would rock.

The rAt

Smash Ace
Aside from the fact that they look different and have different names, there is more importance to the shield; The Hero's Shield was used in at least two (not sure what they called the L1 shield in the oracle series) seperate and plotwise unrelated/distant Zelda games: Majora's Mask and Wind Waker (I believe it had a different look in Majora's), and seems to be evolving into LoZ's generic beginning shield. So, it being the Hero's Shield probably wouldn't mean much of anything. However, the Hylian Shield has one single incarnation; that used in Ocarina of Time. Therefore a case could be made that this new Zelda game is linked to Ocarina of Time. That's why I'd asked in the first place. I guess we'll see though...

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Originally posted by mic_128
Hero

Hylian
Sorry to trouble you son, but that second one is NOT the hylian shield....it's the hero's shield from Majora's Mask...I believe that was the particular hero's shield the rat was referring to...

Stopsign

Smash Ace
"KA Monthly recently had the chance to sit down with Nintendo producer/director Eiji Aonuma, who discussed with us some interesting details concerning the forthcoming Zelda title for the Gamecube.

The game, a sequel to 2003's smash hit The Wind Waker, will feature a new Link, one "whose personality thrives on his emotions." The game is also said to be more character-driven, with "Link having a deeper and introspective personality," one that reflects "the sheer magnitude of his determination and sense of solitude."

Gameplay elements were also discussed: "The game will feature an even larger world than the previous titles, so exploration will be the key." To traverse this vast land, Link will now have to set up camp and rely on a magical item: the reins of sorrow. "Link's new friend is a horse named Poseidon, whom he saves from drowning in a flood caused by a terrible storm. On Poseidon's back are the magical bridles, the reins of sorrow, which allow him to transform into various beings." Some 'beings' mentioned were an eagle and a wolf.

More details on The Reins of Sorrow will be reported as soon as they come in. Expect a summer 2005 release for the Gamecube."

I got this off GameFAQS but I'm not sure if it is true. I have never heard of KA Monthly. But this could make it a lot more intresting. But I don't want Link to talk. I like him the way he is. He has plenty of personallty and not talking is one of them.

But the feature that his horse can turn into a Wolf, or an Eagle are what intrigue me the most. Imagine snipping of an enemy from way above them. Also the horses name is cool also.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
hehehe, but link does talk. he has his own language. HEYARGH! HAH HAAH! YAAAAAR! YAAAAAAAAAAAH! RAAAAARR!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Epona = changling!?!?!? actually in an interview a joke was made when a reported mentioned that Epona was in a screen shot. and the reply was, how do you know thats Epona? that would be cool if they tied together. and odds are he will use the Hyrulian sheild since that is where this one takes place.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The horse's name is supposedly Poseidon, you know, Greek god of the sea. Did you read the article Stopsign posted? It seems like you got the morphing part of it... but you didn't catch the name.

The rAt

Smash Ace
Hmm... this shape-shifting horse seems as though it could have vast potential for both good and evil. First off, I'm very suspicious of any gimmicks revolving around transportation. The whole boat thing from Wind Waker was supposed to be pretty revolutionary, and it really killed the game for me. However, if they utilize some form of warping in addition to this new animal, then it may not be as forced and monotonous. I'm also wary of this supposedly huge new environment. I'm all for a big environment for Link to explore, i just don't want it to take twenty minutes to get to the other side of it. Also, I assume this new bridle will take the place of the usual instrument, and I'm not certain if i like that idea. I thought replacing the occarina was a bad idea in Wind Waker, and i think replacing the instrument concept altogether is an even worse idea. I'd really like to see the triumphant return of the ocarina. Even, or rather especially, if it is used in some new and different ways.
There is so much potential in this game, i really REALLY hope they don't blow it by trying to go all revolutionary and try to be too innovative, solid OoT style Zelda gameplay is what this game needs to succeed. Not to say that they shouldn't make it innnovative, simply that they shouldn't try any radical new ideas, because most of Nintendo's new radical ideas just don't seem to be as new or radical as I expect or hope them to be.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
The next question for this game is what the theme will be (and thus the title)...OoT was the ocarina, WW was the wind, wind waker etc...

If this thing about links new horse is true, that could well play a very big part in the game (ie. they won't just give you a super cool transforming horse just so you can ride around hyrule field)

CerbKirby

Smash Lord
I heard that the sub-title for the game will be Reigns of Sorrow (in respect to the new horse). It sounds really stupid to me, as apparently they hold something magical, and Poseidon is able to transform into a wolf, eagle, etc. I don't know, it just doesn't seem like "Zelda" formula to me, but maybe some people will like it.

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
these fields are optional but will enhance your on
I don't trust this at all. I did a tiny bit of research.

A Google search for "KA Monthly" has, on the fifth page, a link to the same article that Stopsign posted... from the GameSpot message boards. On the eighth page, there's a website called topconsoles.com which has the same article posted as news, but no extra information--as in, no clues as to what KA Monthly is. There was no website for KA Monthly on any of the first ten pages of results, so I didn't bother going past that.

That combined with a weird gameplay mechanic that doesn't seem all that Zelda-like kind of kills this for me. I wouldn't trust this until it shows up on IGN.

Stopsign

Smash Ace
I don't exactly trust it either but it might be true you never know.

Nintendo don't blow this chance. You got tons of hype just make it a game something like Ocarina of Time and it will sell millions.

The rAt

Smash Ace
...I feel violated...

Well, with the wonderful box art Giygas, has provided us with, any shots at the title? The Legend of Zelda: The Big Hairy Man Elf? I think I may be onto something here...

Side note, i just checked my profile and realized that this January I will have been posting here (sporatically, i'll admit) for two years... and i'm STILL listed as a n00b! Is there some kinda record I should be going for or something? Cause i'm sure i can hold off the twenty-some posts i need to make it to the next step if i have a goal of some sort...

Top Bottom