• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

Scott!

Smash Lord
I'm sure it will somehow reference other Zelda games in some way. It'll probably just make the timeline harder to do though, since PH and TP were too easy to place. The time is ripe for them to screw with us again, probably. As for precision sword-fighting, it'll probably be like in Wii Sports Resort, which I still need to experience so I know what to expect.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
It probably won't be as precise as WSR actually. It will probably be similar to TP only more precise. But it definitely will reference other Zelda games; Miyamoto said it won't be "that drastically different".

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
The possibility of it being a prequel is near to impossible. Unless I have been lied to for most of my Zelda lifetime, OoT Link was the FIRST Hero of time. Anything before that wasnt Link.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Unless Minish Cap comes before it. Also, OoT Link is the only Hero of Time. WW Link is the Hero of Winds, and the others don't have any comparable titles I can think of. But I do agree with you that, if this game relates to the timeline at all, which it will because that's what they do with console Zeldas, it will be after OoT in one timeline or the other.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Eh. I'd rather not think about where the game will fit into the timeline until the game actually comes out. There's just not enough info. Though, with info coming soon (at least according to vgchartz), we may be able to get at least a general idea. Even then, though, timeline discussion would still be pretty tough.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
The possibility of it being a prequel is near to impossible. Unless I have been lied to for most of my Zelda lifetime, OoT Link was the FIRST Hero of time. Anything before that wasnt Link.
From what I've read, Minish Cap was the first Zelda chronologically.

Anyways, does anyone else think that the mystery girl is the Master Sword?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Let's hope the pointy end (her head).
lol...kinda sucks for her since you're using her head to slash through things:laugh:

I thought it was the other way around, where you hold her head and swing her feet at things...sounds dumber, but my guess is as good as yours probably.

Scott!

Smash Lord
There is no question, none at all, of which end is which. Clearly, her head and cloak are the hilt, with her legs forming the blade. It's so clear if you compare the picture to any of the Master Sword ever taken since OoT. Also, she's positioned approximately where the Master Sword on Link's back would be if it were in sword form. If she is the Master Sword, and it is clear in the game which end is which, and I am wrong, I give you all permission to quote me and mock me openly once I have been proven wrong. Why am I doing this? Because I'm almost 100% sure I'm not wrong.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
There is no question, none at all, of which end is which. Clearly, her head and cloak are the hilt, with her legs forming the blade. It's so clear if you compare the picture to any of the Master Sword ever taken since OoT. Also, she's positioned approximately where the Master Sword on Link's back would be if it were in sword form. If she is the Master Sword, and it is clear in the game which end is which, and I am wrong, I give you all permission to quote me and mock me openly once I have been proven wrong. Why am I doing this? Because I'm almost 100% sure I'm not wrong.
Well, let's take a second look. Shall we?

Notice how the silver tip of her head clearly represents the tip of the Master Sword's blade, and the design on her legs represents the Master Sword's hilt design. Also, if she were to spread her wings, her legs and wings would resemble the hilt of the Master Sword, while her silvery-white and pointed head resembles a blade.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Vaati = Zelda Wii Master Sword Fairy Thing

EDIT: Sorry for the double-post.

I just had quite an interesting thought --

As Vaati is sealed inside the Four Sword, the Master Sword seems to also have a sealed spirit. Notice how similar they both look and how similar they resemble the swords they correspond to. In theory, the spirit is NOT the Master Sword, but is a being that dwells inside of it, like Vaati.

Thoughts?

XACE-K

Smash Master
That's most likely a coincedence IMO that occurred. But this is better suited for the theory thread because Nintendo may (or may not) have done this on purpose.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
So, it's mid-October. So, if Scott's correct, then we should have Zelda info in a week or so (yay!). I'm definitely hyped, because I want to know more about Zelda Wii than just one piece of art that has been discussed to death. And though I think I've expressed these sentiments before, while TP's art style was nice, I was displeased to see it done again. It was good, but I know that Nintendo could do something better (and by better I mean less pseudo-anime).

Spire

III
BRoomer
So, it's mid-October. So, if Scott's correct, then we should have Zelda info in a week or so (yay!). I'm definitely hyped, because I want to know more about Zelda Wii than just one piece of art that has been discussed to death. And though I think I've expressed these sentiments before, while TP's art style was nice, I was displeased to see it done again. It was good, but I know that Nintendo could do something better (and by better I mean less pseudo-anime).
I hate to break it to you, but every incarnation of Link is pretty anime (respective for their time):

Only the original Link artwork isn't really anime:

But yes! It should be within this next week that we learn more info of Zelda Wii.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I hate to break it to you, but every incarnation of Link is pretty anime (respective for their time).

Only the original Link artwork isn't really anime.

But yes! It should be within this next week that we learn more info of Zelda Wii.
That first one doesn't have that much of an anime look to it, though. The other three (especially the bottom two), however, do have a bit of an anime look.

I'm definitely ready for that trailer, if the rumor is true. It came from an unknown source, so I'm not trusting it 100%.

Alzi

Smash Master
Phantom7 that first one does have an anime look to it. Most anime looked like that back in those days.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I can only hope that whatever link that was had some semblance of truth to it. Otherwise, we'll probably be waiting for a long time. :(

And honestly, I don't mind the anime style. I'm not a big anime person at all; most of it doesn't appeal to me. But the style has worked for Zelda.

Also, original Link is adorable.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I hate to break it to you, but every incarnation of Link is pretty anime (respective for their time):
Well yeah. I just felt that TP's style wasn't really complimentary towards the Zelda series as a whole and didn't work as well as Toon Link or OoT Link did (speaking strictly, of course, about 3D Zeldas). ALttP Link also wasn't the greatest, but he would've been fine if his hair wasn't pink.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Well yeah. I just felt that TP's style wasn't really complimentary towards the Zelda series as a whole and didn't work as well as Toon Link or OoT Link did (speaking strictly, of course, about 3D Zeldas). ALttP Link also wasn't the greatest, but he would've been fine if his hair wasn't pink.
Really? I though TP's art style was great and fit perfectly with the style of gameplay, thus nothing less than complimentary towards Zelda.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I can only hope that whatever link that was had some semblance of truth to it. Otherwise, we'll probably be waiting for a long time. :(

And honestly, I don't mind the anime style. I'm not a big anime person at all; most of it doesn't appeal to me. But the style has worked for Zelda.

Also, original Link is adorable.
Original Link is adorable. I'd love to see him cameo in Zelda Wii as a little girl's doll or something.

I think the anime style works for Zelda simply because it's the representative style of Japan. Zelda has never been and to this day is not an anime series; it's art style simply draws from that realm because it's 100% appropriate.
Really? I though TP's art style was great and fit perfectly with the style of gameplay, thus nothing less than complimentary towards Zelda.
I thought so too. To this day, the art style of every Zelda game has worked to perfectly compliment the type of experience entailed, so far as to present WW and TP's cel and realistic styles as extremes with the perfect blend between the two seen in OoT/MM, and seeing as how both WW and TP are sequels to the 64 games, it just works.

Spire

III
BRoomer
News!

Okay nothing too big, but Miyamoto has confirmed one key aspect about Zelda Wii.

In a recent interview Miyamoto said that the Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass allowed many gamers to play a Zelda game for the very first time, and with Spirit Tracks, he wants to try to take even more advantage of the uniqueness of the Nintendo DS Hardware. Miyamoto was also asked about the newest Zelda title for the Nintendo Wii and while he said there was nothing new to reveal, he did say, "but it's very fun to move your body around."

So there we have it, Wii Motion Plus has made it into Zelda Wii!

I'd link to it, but my internet isn't letting me copy the url for whatever bizarre reason and I'm not going to type it out. If I can fix the error, I'll edit it in, otherwise check zeldawiki.org for more info.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh god, can't we just play with our hands :(
We have for over 20 years now. It's exciting to see Nintendo try a different approach to how to play Zelda. If we just played with our hands, the game would feel the same, play the same, and would break Nintendo's promise that, "Twilight Princess would be the last of its kind."

Plus, Miyamoto also said that they're incorporating the "Super Guide" system into Zelda Wii, which will be first implemented into New Super Mario Bros. Wii to abolish the use of strategy guides, online guides, etc. Yes, this is the patent that was uncovered a year ago that everyone got upset about, but the purpose is so the games with it can be more difficult so that the casuals can access hints instantly and the core gamers can have more fun.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I'm just curious what they mean by "fun to move your body around"? Will Zelda Wii also utilize the Wii Balance Board?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm just curious what they mean by "fun to move your body around"? Will Zelda Wii also utilize the Wii Balance Board?
I highly doubt that. In Wii Sports: Resort, you move your body in different ways to do the various activities without the balance board. You don't exactly move your body to play any of the other Zelda games, even Twilight Princess (waggling wrist ≠ moving your body). Arching your arms to notch and pull back an arrow = moving your body. Using the nunchuk as a shield and wiimote as a sword = moving your body. I'm excited to play Zelda in an entirely new way. This will make the experience entirely new for all players, like picking up a guitar, drum, or turntable controller for the Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and DJ Hero games for the first time.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Oh god, can't we just play with our hands :(
Miyamoto has heard the same crap for years. Its a wonder that he even tries anymore to make games new and revolutionary. Perhaps games should just forever stick to the obsolete world of controllers and control sticks so we can all become incredibly crippled from arthritis.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Miyamoto has heard the same crap for years. Its a wonder that he even tries anymore to make games new and revolutionary. Perhaps games should just forever stick to the obsolete world of controllers and control sticks so we can all become incredibly crippled from arthritis.
I absolutely love the fact that Miyamoto is so engaged with this Zelda, because since he passed the torch to Aonuma with Majora's Mask, he hasn't done much to really influence the games since OoT (WW probably had the most Miyamoto in it).

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
But I like playing while sitting in a chair D:

As long as I can play while sitting down and not having to excercise while playing games, it's fine.

Top Bottom