• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Group Project of Destiny- No longer active

etecoon

Smash Hero
I had considered the merits of making this into something original before as well but I have to agree that the concept is very intrinsically zelda, you'd have to rewrite large amounts of what we've come up with

on the other hand, it also removes barriers of adhering to convention

I think it's something to consider IF we got C&D'd, but I still doubt it will happen

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Alrighty. I Have The Movement Down. This is Just a Small Room With Link In The Middle. You can move him around with the arrow keys. Left and Right to Walk and Up to Jump. Is this what you were going for? Any changes needed? Also the sprites are temporary, The Link Sprite is from spriters resource and I made the bricks real quick.

http://www.host-a.net/u/DakotaBonez/ZeldaDemo.exe

This Link will take you to a page where you can download it. Don't worry its a trusted site that many people who use gamemaker reccomend. (In Fact I found a Couple Other Zelda Demo Files made in Gamemaker)
The File is Called Zelda Demo.exe
Its the only file on my list there. Just select download and run it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I've got a way to run it. Won't be smooth, but it'll work. Testing right now..

Edit: Worked just fine. Run and jump man! I'm glad to see you wrote this so quickly. Try adding those platforms now. I'd like to try them out.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I am shocked and amazed But I actually got the jump through platforms to work! I've never been able to do this before! At least not with other factors like the character building up speed as he moves and sliding when he stops. I'll Post a demo soon.

EDIT: Okay Here's the Demo!

http://www.host-a.net/u/DakotaBonez/ZeldaDemo.exe

Arrow Keys to Move. I made it so that if a platform is slightly out of reach (Like if his waist can clear it) then his air time will increase just enough to get his feet over it. (Sorta like a climbing function) Hold the jump button to Jump Higher. I made it so that if you hold down the jump button he will keep jumping whenever he touches ground but I can make it so you have to Press the jump key every time ya wanna jump. Also I added sliding stops and slowly accelerating to max speed like in Zelda II. However this can also easily be removed. Some people prefer it if their platformers don't slip and slide and have a set speed.

EDIT2: Moving Platforms Added. Also expanded the room and made it so only parts of it are visible at a time. Whenever the player leaves a certain part of the room the camera jumps ahead. Would it be simpler to just have the camera constantly follow the player?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I've talked with Spire, and we've decided that he will be in charge of the project from here on out.

Hail Spire, Master and Commander!

Spire

III
BRoomer
No way, concept art comes first. I barely have time right now as I'm loaded with summer school.

Well, not enough time to begin on sprites. Use placeholder sprites for the time being.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I plan on purchasing FL Studio 10 later this summer. There are some great orchestral VSTs, though I might not have enough in my wallet for one just yet. Anyway, if you need music I might be able to contribute. I just stumbled upon this project today so I'm currently ignorant of who/what you guys already have.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I plan on purchasing FL Studio 10 later this summer. There are some great orchestral VSTs, though I might not have enough in my wallet for one just yet. Anyway, if you need music I might be able to contribute. I just stumbled upon this project today so I'm currently ignorant of who/what you guys already have.
Well seeing as how you're down with Bootsy and Papa Clinton, I would love to have you contribute music to the project.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Unnecessary? Without the Master Sword, Ocarina, and Rupee (and Navi), it would be more difficult to distinguish it as Zelda. Sure, skull with green cap signifies Link, but the aforementioned items round it out. The design is very unified.

Also, this group project is completely dead.

Morin0

Smash Lord
From a graphic design perspective it doesn't. There's too much in a single space and it doesn't naturally flow. It's a great shirt! I just wish it looked a bit better. IMO, of course.

:phone:

etecoon

Smash Hero
Also, this group project is completely dead.
it might have been a mistake to sequester it away from this board, it seems like it lost momentum pretty quickly after that. or maybe it was doomed from the start, most fan projects are. it's easy to brainstorm and dream about games but to get all the work done for free is rare, was a fun little project though

The probable problem was probably not probing a more perfect way to peg these ideas in a simplified format.

A lot of ideas were thrown out and due to the lack of leadership, no one was really sure if an idea stuck or not. I have no idea how solid my idea for a patriarchal goron to be the misguided antagonist for this little project turned out. In the end, I felt like we had much more mudslinging on a canvas than we did dried mud. So, once we went on our little hiatus a rain storm came by and washed away the mud we threw up.

If it did start up again, it would be nice to designate someone an editor or something.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I remember objecting to it because I didn't think it was in line with how gorons are usually portrayed but I wound up coming around on that, zelda canon isn't exactly consistent to begin with and it is a neat idea. but we did change the core ideas a lot and I think you're right that it made it harder to keep momentum

Top Bottom