• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Last Time I Will Do This

JTsm

Smash Master
Everybody. Just main Snake.

:denzel:

I honestly don't care for the ban or not. Snake takes a lot of work to put in the time for MU's from both sides, so really it doesn't matter (to me anyways).

As a whole however, I would like to see MK's destroying Olimars and such. At least I know there is one dominating force in the metagame.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I don't get how you defend the Apex stagelist, but yet say that it still has bad CPs.

:phone:
I should have worded it better I guess.

Look at the APEX Stage list.
[COLLAPSE="Stages"]
Neutrals
:battlefieldb:
:fdb:
:smashville:
• :yoshisb:
:lylat:

CPS
:castlesiege:
:delfino:
:frigate:
:halberd:
:ps1:
[/COLLAPSE]

When you compare the stages, Delfino, Frigate, and Halberd are the stages that can be considered janky. Halberd has elements that can interfere with the match but you need to be near ******** to know how to not void them. Frigate's worst element is the flipping and the 1 spot with no ledge. If you have played enough Brawl, you should be able to work past these silly gimmicks. Delfino, in my opinion, is the best counterpick. It is near neutral a majority of the match. Each of the stops are not that bad in terms of playability

These 3 are the only stages that can hinder certain character's performances. Out side of that they still are decent stages.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Japanese stagelist. I like playing on neutrals it makes me not need to worry about stages that can hinder my recovery as :olimar: or make me worry about ****ing up a cg as :popo:

I'm not opposing the Japanese Stagelist, I just prefer the Apex stagelist over the Japanese one.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Halberd and PS1 are the only CP stages that I can tolerate.

The rest are just bad and should not be legal.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I could've sworn that the intent of this thread had nothing to do with MK. I could've sworn MK's ban/legality was irrelevant to our growth as players.

MAN, for some reason I thought this thread was supposed to be encouragement for us to host more local tourneys and look to grow our local communities, finding more talented players like Ralph Cecil and Zinoto, so that we as a region could grow.

God I'm dumb for thinking that. Ban MK.

edit: wait a second I just walked away feeling good about myself and now I realize, this thread WAS about MK? Why would you do that? What a waste. It really should've been that stuff I said.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Well after I clarified that my central point wasn't about MK, it just kinda exploded in another MK debate anyway because anytime MK is mentioned it just happens. It is what it is. I accomplished what I wanted though. I just needed some answers.

D

Deleted member

I could've sworn that the intent of this thread had nothing to do with MK. I could've sworn MK's ban/legality was irrelevant to our growth as players.

MAN, for some reason I thought this thread was supposed to be encouragement for us to host more local tourneys and look to grow our local communities, finding more talented players like Ralph Cecil and Zinoto, so that we as a region could grow.

God I'm dumb for thinking that. Ban MK.

edit: wait a second I just walked away feeling good about myself and now I realize, this thread WAS about MK? Why would you do that? What a waste. It really should've been that stuff I said.
It's hard to grow when the people in charge are holding you back.

LOE1

Smash Lord
meh, idk about mk legal or not. i can do either way

stagewise, only ps2, brin, and rc should be banned. all others are fine
frigate flips. solution? jump. no ledge on a side? dont get caught there. plus when the stage flips the ledge is there again...
halberd has a laser beam, easy to avoid, a claw, shield it, and a bomb, dont get caught near it.
delphino is completly neutral at its normal phase, like FD on some phases, and campy parts on other stages of it.

people can just put in more time to learn the mk mu if thats the problem. no stage johns.

also, japanese ruleset is godly for some chars and a ***** to other chars. thats why i dont completly support it....as a :wario: main

I agree with Loe1, Bridge of eldin has a walkoff, but just don't get caught there, makes the stage pretty fair, and it has a bomb in the middle that's easy to avoid.

Luigi's mansion can be destroyed and then it's like FD, make that legal too

Jungle Japes has a hazard on a timer, easy to avoid if you're smart. Def should be legal as well

Port Town aero drive car's? solution jump. Yet another fair stage.

When will the community see the light?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
PTAD? Mansion? Bridge of Eldin? Really? This community can never decide on ****...lol.

*leaves thread*

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
i love playing against MK its easy with G&W
Yeah, real talk unless your a scrub MK is even for :gw:

so that means MKs real matchups are

0: :popo:, :pikachu2:, :gw:, :marth:

oh but if your M2k

-5 :olimar:

but if your any other semi-competent MK main its a +2

**** that bs matchup chart

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
Does wario beat mk I can see him winning in the air but wario's ground options are kinda bad

LOE1

Smash Lord
i really wanna say that mu is even. wario can kill mk at early percents and he isnt the easiest person to kill or gimp.

Mr~C

Smash Apprentice
Very Nice Speech Tech. Even though im not apart of the smash community a lot I support your thoughts and bringing Midwest Back

Mr~C

Smash Apprentice
Everybody. Just main Snake.

:denzel:

I honestly don't care for the ban or not. Snake takes a lot of work to put in the time for MU's from both sides, so really it doesn't matter (to me anyways).

As a whole however, I would like to see MK's destroying Olimars and such. At least I know there is one dominating force in the metagame.
Do you still make signatures? Cause I was thinking about having a tekken sig! :yeahboi:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Lol I remember talking to Relflex about this MU and he thought it was -2 for :warioc: and i kinda agree.

Roller

Smash Legend
-3 vs ICs, imo.

Wario's like sheik; but with less range, no projectiles, no tilt lock, and gets grab released into kill moves by like half the viable (and many not so viable) characters.

Top Bottom