• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

I've been having trouble against Ness . I'm getting hit by fair and nair a lot when he gets past my fork. Seems like off a pk fire he can get dthrow to fair fair very consistently. It could just be mebut even past 60% he can chain dthrow to fairs and even our nair and air dodge dont come out fast enough to defend in the air. Maybe I'm bad at 'vectoring'.
Cannonball is good to counter an outspaced/whiffed pk fire at the right distance.
I'm thinking when console version is out (c stick) jump back fair will help spacing and I won't eat so many fairs from ness. Maybe I should block more? Can I punish a blocked short hop pk fire with dash attack?

also pk thunder hits me every time.

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
In addition to his meteor uspec, I'd like to recommend his drift sspec as a custom option. If you time your drift right you can do a ****-ton of damage very easily.

Cheers

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I was wondering if bowser Jr. would fit the playstyle of someone who used wario from brawl? Haven't bought the game yet lol

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I got to play as Bowser Jr. (and Larry) today!:colorful: I have to say, they feel comfortable for me to use. Still, I don't if I'll main them. I'll have to play some more to really be sure. Anyone have any tips for me on how to use them?

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
Hey guys, I got to play as Bowser Jr. (and Larry) today!:colorful: I have to say, they feel comfortable for me to use. Still, I don't if I'll main them. I'll have to play some more to really be sure. Anyone have any tips for me on how to use them?
but roy is our boy

anyway, more notes:

- empty jumping side-b when someone tries to use a counter or just punish it sets up for some really silly stuff
- his aerials dont start combos but they do lead into situations where he gets an advantage, like bair or fair space enough that you can send out a down b or a dash grab
- his throws are *** tier, idk if any of them can kill but its a dissapointment cause his grab is really really good. dthrow doesnt lead into anything cause it goes in a really awkward angle
- dtilt, ftilt, and jab are really good spacing tools (dtilt has an unnecessary amount of range and jab makes space)
- he cant really off stage edgeguard
- he has awful kill options cause fsmash is really hard to land and up-b is wonky as heck
- when you do land an up-b tho UMPH that **** combos perfectly into ejair (officially naming that post-eject air attack that) which is one of his earliest kill moves
- dsmash seems pretty useless. **** range, bad damage and really laggy
- usmash is hard to hit but its probably easier if there is platforms (been mostly playing on for glory)
- the only useful custom moves is the up-b meteor smash. gives him kill options against people with obvious recovery (robin, little mac, c. falc etc)
- neutral b is actually not as bad i thought but mostly i think its hilarious when you sn1pe people with it. but otherwise its a good kill move
- nair is good at early percents, dair is good off of side-b, uair cant really kill and you dont have much options when the enemy is above you but if its the only thing that youcan hit then hit it
- fair and bair are very very good use those for creating space
- crouch alot in neutral so you dont take hella %

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Does dair have any auto-cancel frames or anything? Every so often (pretty often, actually), I can go straight from it, land mid animation (only while hitting, I believe), and utilt. It seems like it'd be a sick combo, but I'm only able to play CPUs atm, so it might also totally suck.

EDIT: Nevermind. Upon closer inspection, it just combos at low percents (again, against CPUs). As you were.

Last edited:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I think I will be having Wendy as my secondary in this game so far. I love the feel of this character and just the overall power they hold in not only their ground game but also their air game. I feel Wendy is pretty solid, but at the same time has some flaws. I love that she is really light but has really good spacing.

Very excited to see what potential lies here from the players.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I'd like to have some matches vs a good bowser jr

add me :) 4871-5506-0357

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
Hi, I was wondering if bowser Jr. would fit the playstyle of someone who used wario from brawl? Haven't bought the game yet lol
I can tell you that brawl wario was my main (i won a gamestop sm4sh midnight release brawl tournament using only wario), and B.J. is my new main. He's close to brawl wario because he has a lot of options that let him control the battlefield like wario did. He doesn't have the superior arial game of wario, but sm4sh seems to be geared more towards ground fighters than arial fighters. The main trick to B.J. is to always have his down b, the windup toy, out on the battlefield. B.J. is mostly good at setting up and trapping the opponent , then capitalizing on that trap with a smash attack (mostly his side smash, which does good damage and has good knockback). Hope you do well when you get your copy of sm4sh.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I'd like to have some matches vs a good bowser jr

add me :) 4871-5506-0357
Where you from?

On another note guys there are too MUCH threads being made in this subforum lol. If you discovered something or have any questions please post them in the gameplay discussion thread.

Last edited:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
....That is a terrifying Birdo avatar.

Must have been her face when she realized she didn't get into S4.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Where you from?

On another note guys there are too MUCH threads being made in this subforum lol. If you discovered something or have any question please post them in the gameplay discussion thread.
UK

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Hey Guys, a big Junior fan reporting for duty. :-)

He's my first character who depends a lot on his projectile game and I love it so far! What a wonderful and adorable character. :-)

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
That moment when you realize...Roy did make it in!

Just not the Roy some were expecting. XD

Last edited:

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
I was trying Lucina, but I unlocked Bowser Jr and am maining Ludwig now ! It's really fun to play, and I love the individuality of the character, especially that he has the damage armor mechanic, and the different air when not in the car

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I took a KO uppercut at 0% once and didn't even get that close to the upper blast line.
I know that Car is VERY heavy, but is Jr./Koopaling itself lighter when hit?

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
As far as I can tell, yes, which is the reaaon I think they get the hammer them, so they don't just get punted when they are put of car

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've managed to get Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings today, and I've had an amusing time customizing each of them. Iggy was probably the most amusing Koopaling to customize, as to follow the fact that he's the fastest Koopaling, I went all out with the speed for him.

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
No, they are just saying that Iggy in other games is the fastest, so they picked all the fast moves from the custom pool

steelguttey

mei is bei
ah. never played any games with koopalings other than bowser jr thats why i never stray from the og koopaling

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Doesn't it seem very weird that some of the Koopalings are shorter than they're supposed to be? Morton looks like a shrimp in this game.

Skymin50

Smash Cadet
I guess you'll be hearing a bit from me, now! Picked up Jr. recently and I love him to bits. He's got so many annoying tools and ways to KO opponents. I'm loving him.

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
Does dair have any auto-cancel frames or anything? Every so often (pretty often, actually), I can go straight from it, land mid animation (only while hitting, I believe), and utilt. It seems like it'd be a sick combo, but I'm only able to play CPUs atm, so it might also totally suck.

EDIT: Nevermind. Upon closer inspection, it just combos at low percents (again, against CPUs). As you were.
Late reply, but it does not suck at all. If you can get in the last hit of dair, you won't have any lag and can go straight into fair or whatever.

Does not depend on percentages or height or anything, the only condition is getting dair's last hit.

Last edited:

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I started playing :4morton: yesterday and I fell in love. Will we ever get main avatars for the other koopalings? I guess that would be too confusing, but I never play as :4bowserjr:.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
They're there right now, but you need a premium account for them.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Hey, I understand. I can't afford 'em either, much as I'd like to have Lemmy under my name.

Top Bottom