• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I just noticed those too, wow haha. I am behind lately.

I am having so much trouble deciding who to main. I'm going to set it as Bowser Jr. for now though.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I just noticed they're only for premium members.

Woow, that's worth paying for...
I don't think they are actually, all of the Koopalings, male WFT, Alph, etc choices should be at the very bottom of the list of main choices.

Majora999

Smash Cadet
NNID
Majora999
I don't think they are actually, all of the Koopalings, male WFT, Alph, etc choices should be at the very bottom of the list of main choices.
They're there, I just can't click 'em. Says underneath the thing some of them are only usable by premium members.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Also a minor qualm but Wario (default) isn't selectable in the Wii U mains section.

That said yeah, disappointed I can't pick Iggy as my main. But no biggie, I like Jr too.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
This thread has quieted down. :/ I'm more hyped than ever for Bowser Jr. I have actually grown to really like him being in the clown car, I have to admit haha. It just looks really cool and I'm already trying to learn some strategies for him.

Last edited:

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
The clown car has definitely has grown on me, though I never disliked it in the first place. I've already been brainstorming the different little traps that Bowser Junior can do with his projectiles and tools in general. He's definitely a solid new character for the cast and I'm glad he made it. His stage control game looks spectacular!

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Thanks Spinosaurus! Like other characters they seem pretty lackluster, but I will have to see videos before judging whether I will use them or not.

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
Do you guys think that custom movesets will be allowed?
When the wii u version of the game comes out, what if you're playing on a set up that doesn't have your custom moves unlocked?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Do you guys think that custom movesets will be allowed?
When the wii u version of the game comes out, what if you're playing on a set up that doesn't have your custom moves unlocked?
So far custom moves don't seem broken at all, but I don't think they'll be allowed because of the time needed to unlock every one of them.

I don't think Jr needs custom moves though, his default specials are incredibly versatile.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I think I would opt for the faster cannonballs though, they are a tad hard to use with them being pretty slow and the attack having such a long cooldown period. the only m. koopa alt I have tried is the launching one and I gotta say I prefer normal to that.

Anyway so far the largest problem I have with him is getting a KO against a campy player. i can easily get someone to 100 or 130% but ugh. He's very good at staying a safe distance with m. koopas and racking up damage with his awesome tilts though.

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
So far custom moves don't seem broken at all, but I don't think they'll be allowed because of the time needed to unlock every one of them.

I don't think Jr needs custom moves though, his default specials are incredibly versatile.
I agree with all of this. I don't believe the moves would be banned because of anything like that, only because not everyone will have them unlocked.

ndayday

BRoomer
So dtilt is an awesome move. today I was clashing freaking Ganondorf fsmash with it.

also short hop fair (both hits) > dtilt is awesome and easy. Fair (and bair), when shorthopped or done close to the ground has a second hit where the wrecking ball hits the ground. It's perfect!

Last edited:

UliWa

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I am gonna try to main red Jr aka roy and wario, so i hope I learn a lot from these boards. Going to represent him in socal.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
So dtilt is an awesome move. today I was clashing freaking Ganondorf fsmash with it.

also short hop fair (both hits) > dtilt is awesome and easy. Fair (and bair), when shorthopped or done close to the ground has a second hit where the wrecking ball hits the ground. It's perfect!
How's his air game from his air speed to his aerials? Is he reminiscent of Jigglypuff and Wario in that area (as in dominant?)

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I know that Bowser Jr. uses things that he used in the games but where does the drill come from? I don't remember that.

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
I can't wait to team up with my friend who will be usin Jr. In our doubles team. I'm going to main Sr. on the dou team so I'll be here alot lookin for helpful tips. Can't wait to see what Jr. mains can do.

:4bowser::4bowserjr:

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Bowser Jr. has caught my heart as he is my childhood hero (err...villain) from Super Mario Sunshine...

Just a quick question - is there a rough idea of how his neutral game works yet? Seems like he has quite a lot of grounded projectiles, that's for sure.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Roy's custom specials are garbage, the only one's I've found use using is the big mecha koopa and the 3rd Up B option.

Like Ndayday I've having trouble killing things, d-smash requires a hard read either on a recovering opponent or air dodge and f-smash is only useful for edgeguarding (surprisingly) because it can be angled. Bair hits too high OoS and none of his throws kill.

That said, his aerials are obnoxious, so are his tilts and jab. Grab feels like a semi-tether like Zelda's grab in Brawl (this is probably bad) but his throws do a lot of damage.

Side B is useful for horizontal recovery since you can jump out of it even if you used your midair jump already but this probably leaves you vulnerable

Edit: Also hello!

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Hello!

This thread is so slow ;_;
I imagine it'll be more active once everyone gets the game.

I honestly don't know what to talk about since I haven't really touched the character lol

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687

I honestly don't know what to talk about since I haven't really touched the character lol
Well it is a social thread :p

And while I'm here, let me just say, I've shipped my 3DS off to get fitted with a capture card, and I have all the software I need for livestreaming. And while I'll mostly be playing Shulk, I also fully intend to get good with Ludwig, so you'll see a lot of Ludwig-y action in my streams <3

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

The Robin thread is active all day even though the game isn't out yet. Then again, I'd rather not talk over talk about shipping and similar stuff. lol

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Drill might be drawn from one of the bosses from the Galaxy series.
I dunno about the fork though.
The fork is from that level in Galaxy 1 where you're Spring Mario and you're hopin on cakes & stuff.
It seems he likes taking alot from NSMB, Galaxy and Spinoffs, with Sunshine having a bit less of a prominant role (which is ironic). :3

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice
I love all of Bowser Jr.'s move, but I just have to wonder why he has that Dtilt. Don't get me wrong, I think it's hilarious and cool, just seems like a really random thing to give Jr.. And I don't remember any Mario game, spinoff or not, where a Clown Car licks people. Speaking of Galaxy though, I really want his Boss theme as a music selection in it.

ndayday

BRoomer
Roy's custom specials are garbage, the only one's I've found use using is the big mecha koopa and the 3rd Up B option.

Like Ndayday I've having trouble killing things, d-smash requires a hard read either on a recovering opponent or air dodge and f-smash is only useful for edgeguarding (surprisingly) because it can be angled. Bair hits too high OoS and none of his throws kill.

That said, his aerials are obnoxious, so are his tilts and jab. Grab feels like a semi-tether like Zelda's grab in Brawl (this is probably bad) but his throws do a lot of damage.

Side B is useful for horizontal recovery since you can jump out of it even if you used your midair jump already but this probably leaves you vulnerable

Edit: Also hello!
yeah, killing is the hardest part which is really sucky. he has so many great moves to rack up damage but ugh. In addition to what you said:
Side B spinout is pretty predictable but is an ok killing move. Fully charged cannonball can kill but is also dreadfully predictable. Up B, both the exploding clown car and his hammer are great kill moves but again, they're predictable.
Upsmash is one of your best bets I think as far as launching attacks go. Other than that you really have to rely on getting them off the stage and then edgeguarding with aerials or sidesmash.

Such a cool character too, why can't you killlllll

theta64

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone, not new to the forums but decided to make a new account since my old one got lost. But I own the game at the moment and currently use bowser jr or should I say my boy IGGY AZELEA(just like saying that) as my second main. If anyone has any questions about this character ask me anything. As of now I love using bowser jr. Has a lot of potential to be top tier and booby traps opponents well when you mind game them. Hope I can be of assistance!!

steelguttey

mei is bei
yea come friday i plan on being here lots more so whats good

is his meteor up-b custom move any good

ndayday

BRoomer
it seemed pretty predictable just like his other upbs imo.

ndayday

BRoomer
Bowser Jr.'s favorite food confirmed for pizza??

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I heard from somewhere that Roy Koopa's crowd chant in this game is "Roy's our boy!".

Is this true?

Top Bottom