• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kame House : South Florida Melee Discussion

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Can any of you who are going please get me a ride back home? It's that or I don't go... I've been talking w/ blea gelo, but he doesn't know if he's going to go or not...

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
I really wish I could make it tonight. But it's just not happening. It's also not an efficient use of time for me. 2 hours+ of driving for a few hours of play.

you guys should try to do these more often =) I hope I can attend one soon. I am getting really rusty...

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Linguini should bring back his old DK avatar, so I can start playing better again.

I'm down to smash today, so if anyone is interested; hit me up or post here. Can't stay out late, cause I got work and whatnot tomorrow.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
i have basically given up trying to play informally with you guys. Gainesville had it together and I guess I took that for granted. I just bought myself a gamecube so i can practice tech skill, I guess that will be enough.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
i have basically given up trying to play informally with you guys. Gainesville had it together and I guess I took that for granted. I just bought myself a gamecube so i can practice tech skill, I guess that will be enough.
The only reason you never get to play is because you don't like driving an hour. Don't blame us. If you can't make it to the spontaneous smashfests we hold it isn't our fault. You can't blame us for how far you live.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
The only reason you never get to play is because you don't like driving an hour. Don't blame us. If you can't make it to the spontaneous smashfests we hold it isn't our fault. You can't blame us for how far you live.
It's not my choice whether I can drive to Ft. Lauderdale. If it was up to me, I'd be there every time. I don't have a car of my own. I have to ask permission every time to use them. And my parents are fearful of accidents and the old car just breaking down. =/ So driving myself is basically out of the question.

I have pointed out my situation before. And nowhere have I said it's your guys' fault for all my non-attendance. I just ask for more warning. This last time I had a few days warning which was nice. I was just unable to attend and expressed my frustrations again.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
It's not my choice whether I can drive to Ft. Lauderdale. If it was up to me, I'd be there every time. I don't have a car of my own. I have to ask permission every time to use them. And my parents are fearful of accidents and the old car just breaking down. =/ So driving myself is basically out of the question.

I have pointed out my situation before. And nowhere have I said it's your guys' fault for all my non-attendance. I just ask for more warning. This last time I had a few days warning which was nice. I was just unable to attend and expressed my frustrations again.
By comparing us to Gainesville, you're making it seem like its our fault. We do things differently. We smash whenever we feel like smashing. We don't have a schedule. I mean sure sometimes we will set things up in advance but most of the time people feel like smashing at random times.

Anyway, I understand your predicament I live in Hialeah which is over a 45 minute drive away and my parents don't feel like taking me unless I have told them in advance. I don't expect anyone to give me a ride because I live out of everyones way. Although it would be greatly appreciated and I'd be willing to pay gas. Most people just don't like driving out of their way.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Hmm well friday is a maybe for me not free til around 10 or so. saturday im free around 10 and off work sunday so saturday is cool for me. I have learned something I gotta work with.

My mental game has been off but its cause I havent played much recently(not even with warren) since we came from ceo.

I kinda see where emillo was coming from with not playing alot(just a tad bit not that much <.<)

So who wants to go to noob 3?

oh blea we gotta play man.

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
Hmm well friday is a maybe for me not free til around 10 or so. saturday im free around 10 and off work sunday so saturday is cool for me. I have learned something I gotta work with.

My mental game has been off but its cause I havent played much recently(not even with warren) since we came from ceo.

I kinda see where emillo was coming from with not playing alot(just a tad bit not that much <.<)

So who wants to go to noob

oh blea we gotta play man.

Saturday I might be able to

zidane3015

Smash Cadet
Just a little reminder to those smashing tomorrow: ESAM is holding a brawl tourney at ZP tomorrow so you probably won't get any T.V.'s there.

Top Bottom