• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kame House : South Florida Melee Discussion

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Man this blows we kinda need linguini.

Well now I just gotta beat blea and roy and its free money <.<

GG's everyone last night and blea you have my number so ya....

Its so simple now. Sfl scene is now hella small like 13 or so people and a couple of fau kids and old vets from time to time. Imma start traveling. Im going to either apex or to6 fo sho

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Man this blows we kinda need linguini.

Well now I just gotta beat blea and roy and its free money <.<

GG's everyone last night and blea you have my number so ya....

Its so simple now. Sfl scene is now hella small like 13 or so people and a couple of fau kids and old vets from time to time. Imma start traveling. Im going to either apex or to6 fo sho
You should go to more CFL events. Mad training in CFL with Dop, Skrach, WATO, Colbol, CakeEaters. It's a relatively untapped resource you guys should use more. There's 2 tourneys worth going to in July (17th, 31st).

nicaboy

Smash Champion
You should go to more CFL events. Mad training in CFL with Dop, Skrach, WATO, Colbol, CakeEaters. It's a relatively untapped resource you guys should use more. There's 2 tourneys worth going to in July (17th, 31st).
I have played and beaten them all sir, I meant more on a regional basis like leaving the state of florida :laugh:
im gonna be free money too. to mc time i dont play, and still gonna have more time wifout playing
I dont under stand this post?

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
I have played and beaten them all sir, I meant more on a regional basis like leaving the state of florida :laugh:
You have beaten Uuaa, Skrach, Darksonic, HBox, LadyLegion, Dop, Exarch, Phanna, and Colbol? In Tourney? I find that impossible. I know you're good. But that's a long list of very good players. But I do support going to OOS major tourneys. Lots to see and learn. But the talent in florida isn't matched cheaply =p

Blea's posts are always difficult to understand =p.

EDIT: @ shalom: fine I took ONE name off. It's still a fantastic list... Idk anyone who has beaten all of those people except maybe Uuaa and Colbol and for sure HBox

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Dale hasn't beaten Colbol in tourney neither Uuaa and Phanna, and those (to my knowledge were the only people from CFL he's actually played in tourney) He's beaten them in MM, but those really don't matter imo.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
You have beaten Uuaa, Skrach, Darksonic, HBox, LadyLegion, Dop, Exarch, Phanna, and Colbol? In Tourney? I find that impossible. I know you're good. But that's a long list of very good players. But I do support going to OOS major tourneys. Lots to see and learn. But the talent in florida isn't matched cheaply =p

Blea's posts are always difficult to understand =p.

EDIT: @ shalom: fine I took ONE name off. It's still a fantastic list... Idk anyone who has beaten all of those people except maybe Uuaa and Colbol and for sure HBox
Ya I have played all of them except exarch and lady leigon doesnt seem to be playing melee all that often. OOs tourneys are really fun and you can travel and stuff. Would love for some of sfl to fly with me some where :) Oh na not tourney I only played uuaa colbol and hbox as far as that goes with your list,=. Yes there are a good amount of people in cfl

@nica: you gonna beat me easly
no you read the post wrong. I was saying when/if I beat you and/or roy then yes it will probably be free money. Only exception for me might be kevin because I strongly dislike fox and he has begun either to fight my style or learn the sheik match up. either way Im sure I can pull threw <.<. He is getting notably good though. Last 3 dollar tournament beat warren and took some matches from emillio. Not the greatest tourney to go of off but it showes.

Dale hasn't beaten Colbol in tourney neither Uuaa and Phanna, and those (to my knowledge were the only people from CFL he's actually played in tourney) He's beaten them in MM, but those really don't matter imo.
In fairness that been a long time ago. UUaa was like 5 months ago and phanna was like last year. I will give you colbol. But in are friendlies at ceo We were going even <.<. Im learning.

Some of the cfl players i have beaten in either mm's and or friendlies is the only time we get to play. Bracket johns I guess.

Anyway ya this scene is hella dead. Like I said the only way to really prove anything is to travel now. In my case I should just play my main next time but now I found some new source of confidence and a new mindset. I feel im getting better everytime I play

Edit florida is easily one of the best states for melee in terms of skill the problem be sfl cfl and nfl all metting up and playing often if at all. Nfl has travel johns and sfl is basically in the same boat. Some people also lack motivation to even wanna play outside the local area and it kinda bugs me but then again its something I have to respect

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
lady leigon doesnt seem to be playing melee all that often.
I know, she was just starting to really break through, too... =/

Anyway ya this scene is hella dead. florida is easily one of the best states for melee in terms of skill the problem be sfl cfl and nfl all metting up and playing often if at all. Nfl has travel johns and sfl is basically in the same boat. Some people also lack motivation to even wanna play outside the local area and it kinda bugs me but then again its something I have to respect.
It's always hard to go alone to OOS tourneys. I would make an effort to go to APEX/TO6, though. CFL should be a hub for florida to go and play together often. Money/Travel johns for CFL is lame. Whatevs I forgot what else I wanted to say...

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I just spent the last couple days at a friends house. I am now ready to start powering up. Who wants to smash with me? I know I'm not the greatest person to play with but I could really use the experience and I am always available to smash. Let me know guys.

Beanman

Smash Cadet
Saturday I want to head down and bring the 40lb box of ****. Pike, marlon, justin, c-money...if any of you are reading this, give me a call. Jen and another friend want to go as well.

em0cand3h

Smash Rookie
Alright. I'm new to this thread and the website, but I'm not new to Smash. >.>

Some of my friends and I are wanting to go to ZP this Saturday and I think some of you know my friends. Like, beanman, pike, maybe redsparrow and justin, and a friend of mine who is a little new to smash. Most of them are from FAU, if that helps. I'm not 100% sure who will be coming 'til it gets closer to Saturday; so no guarentees just yet.

Just an idea of wanting to know who'll join up at ZP this Saturday? Thanks :)

zidane3015

Smash Cadet
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but R@vyn is doing a Brawl tourney on Saturday at ZP so they'll probably have priority on most of the TVs there

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
It's probably all day. I feel like playing brawl lately though so I might show up. If we can't play melee I might give brawl another chance. Although I still don't think I'll be able to take it seriously.

em0cand3h

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't pay for the tourney and I really can never see Brawl seriously...it's not the same. It's more fun and casual than anything. Oh well. Guess we'll see.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
How about we all smash tomorrow? Let me know if anyone can go. I really wanted to play today but I didn't even bother because of the brawl tourney.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Ok ok, everyone let's smash Saturday, I doubt anything is going down, if you can't make it then that sucks, but today is Monday, so it gives everyone plenty of time to prepare in advance.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry about trying to get me to come to smashfests for a little while. I will be out of town until at least next Friday

Top Bottom