• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kame House : South Florida Melee Discussion

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Double i can play wednesday. Either til 11 30 pm. Or if people wanna stay later than that i must play til around 5 20am or so. Sorry my uncle got me on lock on the weekdays its stupid. Jason camp back no johns. Remember what xif taught us? People can only projectile camp for so long. Once they are cornered they must resort to something else unless they dumb. Its really has stuck with me.

Trikrome

Smash Apprentice
^^ haha. YOOo i wanna go to WATO!!! and NOOB!!! i got cash. i'll put down for gas. i powered so hard this weekend. hours of skratch and crispyone training. too good.

Linguini

Smash Master
My fox is better than Uuaa's since I can beat linguini :3

im pretty sure we all know ill destroy you any other time we play in the future, I can guarantee that.

Nicaboy legit beat me I can say that much, but you didnt lol. I was sandbagging hardbody. Ill mm you for any amount of money next time I see you.And Nicaboy we still gotta do our couple of mm's this weekend.

O and your fox is terrible compared to uuaa's

P.S.
derek your a ******* ive already beaten beaten top players with ganon in tourney and mm's(SS,Lucky,Chudat,Hax,and more)

precision

Smash Cadet
i didnt get to play revn but he took blea to last stock high percentage that means he must be really good.

@nikkuhboy- good fukking **** man against hbox. i saw you waveland off a platform, neutral air > dsmash or dthrow >dsmash. those matches were awesome.

i shouldve beat adhd. he did really good punishing me for my slightest mistakes. i just had a problem finishing his stock. if anyone saw that match and has advice to offer i would appreciate it. i loved the support i was getting. you guys are too awesome.

i had the wildest dream last night. at one point, i was gonna whoop some skinny kid's *** and warren pops out of nowhere and hes like 'oh **** laz is gonna whoop this kids ***.' we go outside. i german suplex the kid on his head and take his phone lol. the dream was alot crazier.

edit: emilio said p.s. derek i beat chu dat GTFO. lmao!

DEREK HAPPY LATE BDAY DUDE

precision

Smash Cadet
lol derek. strippers?! sweet. hope you wrapped it up fool.

everyone go to zp on wednesday. be there or your wack.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Oh yeah sorry for not showing at Steven's but that tourney and my terrible placing didn't want me to smash anymore that night, so I decided to chill with a friend. Getting 17th is pretty discouraging. I kinda don't want to play anymore, since I'm not progressing and everyone tends to "sand bag" me in friendlies which causes me to not get any better. So when I do play someone I've never played before I don't know what to do because I'm not used to that style and you guys play totally different (go all out) in tournament.

Now excuse me while I cut myself to release the pain of loss. ///_-

Beanman

Smash Cadet
I will come to zp more for the dollar tourneys once I get my new car. I need to work hard on shffl'n -.- Wanna be able to do what box did you you linguini where he shffl'd bairs across and off the stage.

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
I will come to zp more for the dollar tourneys once I get my new car. I need to work hard on shffl'n -.- Wanna be able to do what box did you you linguini where he shffl'd bairs across and off the stage.
yo I was butt bombing all over ur jiggs today =P. hope you liked it =P who were those new kids playing today, get them to play more!!!! we need more people to play!

I wanna get crispyone to come play us since he goes to our school

Oh yeah sorry for not showing at Steven's but that tourney and my terrible placing didn't want me to smash anymore that night, so I decided to chill with a friend. Getting 17th is pretty discouraging. I kinda don't want to play anymore, since I'm not progressing and everyone tends to "sand bag" me in friendlies which causes me to not get any better. So when I do play someone I've never played before I don't know what to do because I'm not used to that style and you guys play totally different (go all out) in tournament.

Now excuse me while I cut myself to release the pain of loss. ///_-
yo at least it wasnt 25th =P dude ur the ****ing truth dude, keep playing!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Dollar tournaments are fun and all but there not that serious. Well until you make to finals and realise oh **** i can make this dollar turn into 15 dollars. Jason have you ever thought thats it not the people your playing but maybe something within your self? I cant tell you exactly what but i doubt its because people sand bag you. Me you have been playing some serious friendlies for like the past month and even more so when you have time to drop by my house and its just me you and warren for like 2 hours. I always support you so i dunno what more to say. I wish i could be of more help. Laz i was seating right by you that match too try to give the little support i can. Ya i noticed the same thing. You were racking up the damage pretty easily. But finishing was your problem. I dunno what to tell you. Edge guarding him is different from other characters since his up is almost lag less. Sheik has set ups into her kill moves so i know i can do it. But i dunno whats falco suppose to do to kill him.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing ADHD played as Mewtwo against Laz since Kevin posted a falco vs. mewtwo match. Laz, use dtilt if he's at high percents. It's good for killing floaties. Just laser in and dtilt instead of grabbing. I noticed you like to laser in and grab so just do the same with dtilt. Also, dair to uair or dair works well against floaties at high percents.

If ADHD played as a different character, tell me and I'll give what advice I have.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I don't know, it doesn't feel like I've progressed at all. And I don't want to resort to using Marth against campers, because Linguini gets around camping like a pro. So if he can do it then I should be able to as well, I know I definitely have the tech skill, I just don't know where my mentality should be and I feel ALOT of overwhelming pressure, which cause me to choke. But yeah Dale what I mean is when I get comments from Warren when he says "Oh I can beat Jason" then when I finally called him out on it. I wasn't used to it at all. Same thing with Sighrax. Like if you can beat me, then go and do it. You know how I feel about sandbagging, so does Crispy. People learn differently.

I learn by trying out various things and playing someone way above my level, so that I could easily catch up. Ask Crispy; before he used to **** my **** in so much when he was actually trying, then I kept playing him over and over, trying new stuff and eventually I started to adapt and going even with his fox. (Not saying I can beat him in tourney, but I know I can take a match off of him and it ending close) Lol you guys say it's ****ed up when I wreck Beanman and Justin up really bad in friendlies, but that's because I don't want to sandbag them, because I want them to be good at this game have them take less time then it did for me. Before Andres, Kevin, You (Dale) Warren, Eli, Justin, Beanman. I only had Chops. Elliot, and Guini to work with and they only main 3 people. And don't get me wrong; that was probably the BEST training I ever got from them. But I know what I'm lacking is variety, because before I was used to fighting spacies and the occasional Peach. Now I got a good Falcon, Marth, Shiek, Luigi, and upcoming Jigglypuff. So now I gotta adjust my entire game play to suit those characters.

@ Justin & Beanman - You guys are very new to the game, so it's no surprise you guys place low. It's only expected, NOBODY places high during their first few tournaments. I've been at the game for at least 2 years, maining the same character and you have people that just got into the game for at least a couple of months going even with or beating me. Now that's BS. I just perceive everything by experience. The player who put in more time should obviously show better results. Not the other way around. Regardless of matchups and whatnot. Also not to mention you guys are mad **** with high tier characters, so it'll take you guys no time at all, so much better than I was when I started. lol and no Dale I won't drop Ganon, because contrary to what you think he's a pretty ok/good character capable of winning tournaments, local and nationals. It'll just be pretty hard tis all.

I know it's got something to do with me. It's more of a mental and awareness thing. Plus I don't want to disappoint SFL cause I know all of you look up to me as a really good player here. So it also kinda sucks when I lose to scrubs, cause it also feels like I'm letting you dudes down, especially when I know I can **** them up worse than what chris did to rihanna.

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
I don't know, it doesn't feel like I've progressed at all. And I don't want to resort to using Marth against campers, because Linguini gets around camping like a pro. So if he can do it then I should be able to as well, I know I definitely have the tech skill, I just don't know where my mentality should be and I feel ALOT of overwhelming pressure, which cause me to choke. But yeah Dale what I mean is when I get comments from Warren when he says "Oh I can beat Jason" then when I finally called him out on it. I wasn't used to it at all. Same thing with Sighrax. Like if you can beat me, then go and do it. You know how I feel about sandbagging, so does Crispy. People learn differently. I learn by trying out various things and playing someone way above my level, so that I could easily catch up. Ask Crispy; before he used to **** my **** in so much when he was actually trying, then I kept playing him over and over, trying new stuff and eventually I started to adapt and going even with his fox. (Not saying I can beat him in tourney, but I know I can take a match off of him and it ending close)

@ Justin & Beanman - You guys are very new to the game, so it's no surprise you guys place low. It's only expected, NOBODY places high during their first few tournaments. I've been at the game for at least 2 years, maining the same character and you have people that just got into the game for at least a couple of months going even with or beating me. Now that's BS. I just perceive everything by experience. The player who put in more time should obviously show better results. Not the other way around. Regardless of matchups and whatnot. Also not to mention you guys are mad **** with high tier characters, so it'll take you guys no time at all, so much better than I was when I started. lol and no Dale I won't drop Ganon, because contrary to what you think he's a pretty ok/good character capable of winning tournaments, local and nationals. It'll just be pretty hard tis all.
you are the man. End of story. You have helped me a lot when it comes to playing better in general. Thanks so much. Just thought I'd tell ya. Keep ur head up dude ur madd good just stay relaxed and don't rage like I do.lol :lick:

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Man, Jason is the first experienced player who took time out to give me advice. I will forever be grateful. I mean you're the man who taught me how to moonwalk. I even remember the day you taught me how to wall tech. All the advice you passed on to me I replicate it for others who are worse than me. You know how many people I've taught to wall tech using Falco's Target test stage like you taught me? Ask Laz about my moonwalks. Or Andres about my wall techs. Just the other day I wall teched andres Falcon Punch. It's all thanks to you. Jason you're mad good man. You just gotta stop stressing and get back into your groove. I believe that you have the capability to play at a much higher level than you're giving yourself credit for.

When I say you suck its just a joke man. My crew and I do it all the time. It gets us pumped up. Makes us want to prove ourselves and makes us play better.

Edit- Not that the rest of you guys haven't helped me. You all have. I appreciate all the matches we've played and all the advice you've given me. Thanks to all of you. South Florida is probably the nicest group of people I've met.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
you are the man. End of story. You have helped me a lot when it comes to playing better in general. Thanks so much. Just thought I'd tell ya. Keep ur head up dude ur madd good just stay relaxed and don't rage like I do.lol :lick:

Man, Jason is the first experienced player who took time out to give me advice. I will forever be grateful. I mean you're the man who taught me how to moonwalk. I even remember the day you taught me how to wall tech. All the advice you passed on to me I replicate it for others who are worse than me. You know how many people I've taught to wall tech using Falco's Target test stage like you taught me? Ask Laz about my moonwalks. Or Andres about my wall techs. Just the other day I wall teched andres Falcon Punch. It's all thanks to you. Jason you're mad good man. You just gotta stop stressing and get back into your groove. I believe that you have the capability to play at a much higher level than you're giving yourself credit for.

When I say you suck its just a joke man. My crew and I do it all the time. It gets us pumped up. Makes us want to prove ourselves and makes us play better.

Edit- Not that the rest of you guys haven't helped me. You all have. I appreciate all the matches we've played and all the advice you've given me. Thanks to all of you. South Florida is probably the nicest group of people I've met.
jason when are you gonna realize you have to wait to win, you must become the very thing you hate most . . . a camper
@ Derrick - Lmao figures you'd say that. Sad thing is you're probably right. :p

@ Dannyboy and Justin - Yeah I love helping anyone who wants to get good. I definitely have no problem with it. Especially people I know have alot of potential. Cause the better you guys get the better I get. It's a fair trade cause you guys will be able to wreck Marth's and Ganons like it's nothing. But yeah like I said SFL is too beastly, so that's why I'm just gonna have to try extra hard, just for you guys. <3333333

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, it doesn't feel like I've progressed at all. And I don't want to resort to using Marth against campers, because Linguini gets around camping like a pro. So if he can do it then I should be able to as well, I know I definitely have the tech skill, I just don't know where my mentality should be and I feel ALOT of overwhelming pressure, which cause me to choke. But yeah Dale what I mean is when I get comments from Warren when he says "Oh I can beat Jason" then when I finally called him out on it. I wasn't used to it at all. Same thing with Sighrax. Like if you can beat me, then go and do it. You know how I feel about sandbagging, so does Crispy. People learn differently.

I learn by trying out various things and playing someone way above my level, so that I could easily catch up. Ask Crispy; before he used to **** my **** in so much when he was actually trying, then I kept playing him over and over, trying new stuff and eventually I started to adapt and going even with his fox. (Not saying I can beat him in tourney, but I know I can take a match off of him and it ending close) Lol you guys say it's ****ed up when I wreck Beanman and Justin up really bad in friendlies, but that's because I don't want to sandbag them, because I want them to be good at this game have them take less time then it did for me. Before Andres, Kevin, You (Dale) Warren, Eli, Justin, Beanman. I only had Chops. Elliot, and Guini to work with and they only main 3 people. And don't get me wrong; that was probably the BEST training I ever got from them. But I know what I'm lacking is variety, because before I was used to fighting spacies and the occasional Peach. Now I got a good Falcon, Marth, Shiek, Luigi, and upcoming Jigglypuff. So now I gotta adjust my entire game play to suit those characters.

I know it's got something to do with me. It's more of a mental and awareness thing. Plus I don't want to disappoint SFL cause I know all of you look up to me as a really good player here. So it also kinda sucks when I lose to scrubs, cause it also feels like I'm letting you dudes down, especially when I know I can **** them up worse than what chris did to rihanna.
It's awesome to play smash with you, but where do you get off saying you go even with my fox of all characters? You can say you go even with my falcon or falco but my fox? You haven't won one match against me in tournament yet. You definitely are improving which I can see in our friendlies but when was the last time I actually used my fox against you in them and you went even with it?

I know this sounds redundant, but your ganon does not go even with my fox.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Jason everyone has their slumps. You aren't letting us down. I'm just pumped to see you back in the game ****** faces.

Also, Jason you have the slipperiest Ganon EVER! No one can take that from you. Keep doing your thing man.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
It's awesome to play smash with you, but where do you get off saying you go even with my fox of all characters? You can say you go even with my falcon or falco but my fox? You haven't won one match against me in tournament yet. You definitely are improving which I can see in our friendlies but when was the last time I actually used my fox against you in them and you went even with it?

Lol I remember taking off some sound matches off you last time I played your fox. Or were you just sandbagging me? I'm not referring to past matches. I'm talking about future matches, I honestly think I can take a match off you and it being close. Sorry man it's just how I feel. I still think you're a better player than I am. Your other characters go even because I ALLOW them to go even with me. :p Lmao you're gonna punch me when you see me. But nah seriously. Like if I lose to a random Falcon, Marth, Fox I feel like "****, I wasted the great Crispyone's time, have I learned nothing!?"

Beanman

Smash Cadet

Yo come play melee with us man! **** I keep hearing how awesome you are but I ain't seen ****

Linguini

Smash Master
I feel like I havn't played a lot of these SFL people. A big mistake many people make when at a low/medium skill level is playing the same people over and over when there are other people available. This is really bad because you get accustomed to certain styles and then get ****ed up in tourney later on, not because of matchup exp.,but because of people exp. For this reason I gotta say; branch out, play other people, ask me for friendlies. Don't sit in your corner playing teams with andres and kevin the whole night(just an example), because i'm willing to play everyone,but im not looking for you.

Jason you have a lot of potential man, but you have to tone down wit the your speed and tech in real matches. I'll talk to you about this in person. Don't worry about camping;you will adapt eventually, it's pretty hard to learn with ganon tho,so you can't get discouraged.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
So much love in this thread XD
Nah Crispy knows I love him, he just needs to play me again. He'll see what I'm talking about. Haha I love all of you guys. If you guys ever got in a fight I'd jump in and have your back, or if one of you needed money or whatnot and I know I can, I'd spot you.
Jason you are the ****ing man.

Keep ya head up kid.
^^^ Come back to Florida.

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
I feel like I havn't played a lot of these SFL people. A big mistake many people make when at a low/medium skill level is playing the same people over and over when there are other people available. This is really bad because you get accustomed to certain styles and then get ****ed up in tourney later on, not because of matchup exp.,but because of people exp. For this reason I gotta say; branch out, play other people, ask me for friendlies. Don't sit in your corner playing teams with andres and kevin the whole night(just an example), because i'm willing to play everyone,but im not looking for you.

Jason you have a lot of potential man, but you have to tone down wit the your speed and tech in real matches. I'll talk to you about this in person. Don't worry about camping;you will adapt eventually, it's pretty hard to learn with ganon tho,so you can't get discouraged.
are you going to zp on wed? I def gotta get some sets with you bro!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Laz kept getting gimped. He had to work hard for his damage out put and set ups and died occasionaly at like 50%. Its really sad to see a mewtwo live at 170% against a falco. Like every stock. Jason i didn't want to say it(i was gonna tell you personaly) but its really sad when another player(whom of which i would consider far below your skill level) tells me how predictable you are. 2 players have done that already. As linguini said slow down on the tech. I even notice when it comes to sheik at least your edge guarding is lacking. If you ever watch me play emillio i generaly die 75% of the time if i up b. You can do it man. I don't like telling you stuff because i don't want you to get offended or make it look like i think im the **** and im so good i can tell everyone their mistakes cuz im not. Even myself has got alot to learn but the difference between me and alot of you guys is i have played in 2 other states already so i got a little experience over you guys.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Laz kept getting gimped. He had to work hard for his damage out put and set ups and died occasionaly at like 50%. Its really sad to see a mewtwo live at 170% against a falco. Like every stock. Jason i didn't want to say it(i was gonna tell you personaly) but its really sad when another player(whom of which i would consider far below your skill level) tells me how predictable you are. 2 players have done that already. As linguini said slow down on the tech. I even notice when it comes to sheik at least your edge guarding is lacking. If you ever watch me play emillio i generaly die 75% of the time if i up b. You can do it man. I don't like telling you stuff because i don't want you to get offended or make it look like i think im the **** and im so good i can tell everyone their mistakes cuz im not. Even myself has got alot to learn but the difference between me and alot of you guys is i have played in 2 other states already so i got a little experience over you guys.
Well true Dale, and already told me that. I appreciate the criticism, because you're entitled to it because you've beaten me soundly. The only time I get offended is when people say they can beat me because I do predictable **** if that was the case why would you refuse my offer for a MM or yet why do I beat you in a MM and then you have a irritated and frustrated look on your face? Scrubs and noobs need to keep their place and learn some humility because I'll be the first one to show you how "predictable" I am. Like either you stfu and beat me or you admit that I'm better than you. End of story.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Double also friendlies don't mean ****! There is a different sense of pressure in a tournament(of about 5 dollars or more) and friendlies. The only other thing is money matches which is just as valid as tourneys. Crispyone your good and all but lets be honest you don't allow your self to be played under the pressure alot of us put our self into. Who knows maybe jason can beat you with money on the line right now. But seeing as you were amazing when you were playing competitively and its generaly accepted about how good you are now. you are still one of our best players.

Top Bottom