• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kame House : South Florida Melee Discussion

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Double also friendlies don't mean ****! There is a different sense of pressure in a tournament(of about 5 dollars or more) and friendlies. The only other thing is money matches which is just as valid as tourneys. Crispyone your good and all but lets be honest you don't allow your self to be played under the pressure alot of us put our self into. Who knows maybe jason can beat you with money on the line right now. But seeing as you were amazing when you were playing competitively and its generaly accepted about how good you are now. you are still one of our best players.
Lol but Dale, let's say we were having some really serious friendlies and we're both playing at our utmost best. Yet I'm not taking a single match from you. Or if you look at the star count I have 45 kills and you have like 77. That lets you know alot about where we stand as players. Feel me? True you don't feel as much pressure because there isn't nothing to lose nor to gain. However friendlies provide a great deal of experience, especially for the player who needs it the most. That player needs to learn what his main can do against the rest of the cast. Chops and Guini will be the first to back me. They'll tell you to have as many friendlies as possible and play a variety of people. Because overall it'll help your adaptability and mentality.

I'm not trying to take any personal stabs at Crispy, but I want him to realize that we are getting better and we're catching up. Andres is a good example of that. He was doing extremely well against you in Grand finals, and I don't know what your mentality was before you started playing him, but I'm pretty sure you thought you could take him out with little to no problem. But I still agree wholeheartedly with Dale when we say you're one of our best. We call you Goku for a reason. lmao

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Jason don't forget just because you beat someone doesn't make you the better player. Maybe in that particular match up but when you say your better than someone you gotta look at it all round(all match ups and how each player does against other players as well) just saying. and ya thats dumb. I know if i feel im just so much better than someone and they offer me a mm imma take it.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
And no jason. The only way to emulate the same sense of pressure as a tournament is a mm of at least 5 dollars. Not saying friendlies don't help they do! But in the long run of things people myself included are gonna look at tournament results and mm. Not how well(even if both players are playing at their best) you do in friendlies.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
And no jason. The only way to emulate the same sense of pressure as a tournament is a mm of at least 5 dollars.
Ah but that's just the way you like to learn. You're one of the type of people that learn by feeling overwhelming pressure. I'm the type that learns by playing someone exponentially greater than me. Some people preform much better under stressful environment, while some people tend be more laid back and observe things. I'll say it again. Friendlies with various people tend to boost up adaptability which enables you to perform better during a serious match or MM.

It's like studying for math. lol

Scenario 1 : Student comes home every day and does 10 problems and come test time, he gets a 90 or some high grade.

Scenario 2 : Student goes to class, jots down notes, doesn't really study. THINKS he knows how to do the problems. Then comes the test. He looks at his paper and goes "OH **** WE NEVER WENT OVER THIS ****!!!" and flunks that **** hard as ****.

Pretty silly analogy I know, but student 1 came home and practiced by doing various problems (friendlies) and became accustomed to doing multiple problems and whatnot.

Student 2: Got cocky and felt he knew his **** and came test time, he went OH ****!!! Like the old saying goes "Practice makes perfect" and according to your logic Dale you'd be going "OH **** I'VE NEVER KNEW SO-SO COULD DO THAT!" and getting murked in tournament. It wouldn't know how to cope with that person's playstyle because you're so used to playing one way or you felt you knew enough about that matchup to do well in.

precision

Smash Cadet
thanks for the help guys. pp had the same prob i had. thats great advice raphael. good ****. ty.

@ jason- waiting does help. personally i play smarter and better when i wait instead of approach. derek knows his ****. play a match with derek standing behind you and giving you instructions. its ****.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
**** man, i watched snith the movie yesterday, it's so ****ing good god dammit.. have any1 of u watched it before?

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Snith?? Que es eso?

LOL at the DBZ analogies im currently watching DragonBall Kai which takes out all the fillers and **** talking, 260 DBZ episodes condensed into 60. ITs really great you guys need to check it out.

I have to disagree with Dale being vegeta tho, I think hes more like krillin lolzzz

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I would much rather be goten. He is my favorite dbz character along with yamcha. But yamcha sucks. He is just cool. Derek change this to the south florida thread home of the super sayins or z fighters. Your choice i guess or we vote.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
I'm not trying to take any personal stabs at Crispy, but I want him to realize that we are getting better and we're catching up. Andres is a good example of that. He was doing extremely well against you in Grand finals, and I don't know what your mentality was before you started playing him, but I'm pretty sure you thought you could take him out with little to no problem. But I still agree wholeheartedly with Dale when we say you're one of our best. We call you Goku for a reason. lmao
I see that everyone is getting better already in the friendlies we have. I would expect everyone to catch up because I don't play consistently as one character or play the game consistently in general.

Andres did well in Winner's Finals. He forced me to win the 4th and 5th matches of the set. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Grand Finals.

Nicaboy is right though. I don't take this game serious anymore. I don't resort to putting myself in stressful situations because I rarely feel the need to prove myself nowadays. Also, I rather play as less monotonous characters.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Oh ya danny when you upload videos of smash please use the proper format. Tag the players. In the title of the video the players name followed by the character they are playing. In the more info section the name of the tournament date held location of the tournament and were in bracket they are. Note everyone starts in winners pound one. Also grand finals an loser finals are the labels for the last match on each respective side. And grand finals is the last match of the bracket. Look at phanna videos for a good example. Here i will do one. The title of the video nicaboy(sheik) vs cryptik(falco). The more info section will be as follows zp melee mayhem miami florida 1/1/10 winners round two. The tag section nicaboy, cryptik, ssbm. Of course in the tag section each one word is a different tag.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Blea you never called back you son of a *****! I cant wait to see you next time imma take the first swing! Anyway i will play tomorrow assuming jason or andres takes me and if they are willing to stay til around 5 20 or so. If they don't feel like it i will stay home cake on the phone for a little bit and play dragon quest 8. I do however wanna play friday or saturday.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
dude srry for not calling u back.. i went out to the gim wif juan, and i forgot the cellphone in my house. so i didnt called and i just got home.. seibrik i dont think i would be able to go to zp today(wednesday) because is my sister's birthday man.. srry on that..

i wanna play wif u both.. My controller broke, and im playing wif a new one.. i gotta fking gotta get used to it, i suck right now

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
dude srry for not calling u back.. i went out to the gim wif juan, and i forgot the cellphone in my house. so i didnt called and i just got home.. seibrik i dont think i would be able to go to zp today(wednesday) because is my sister's birthday man.. srry on that..

i wanna play wif u both.. My controller broke, and im playing wif a new one.. i gotta fking gotta get used to it, i suck right now
come way late dude once its technically not her bday anymore =)

nicaboy

Smash Champion
For the record guys im not mad i didn't go although im mad at warrens dumb *** for not answering the phone. ****ing dumb! Anyway caked on the phone then played dragon quest. Its all good. Cant really be mad when 3 people have done alot for me in this community. Jason laz and andres. I do hope seibrik chain grabs you guys til you cant stand it. And andres just keeps ken comboing you til your mad! Laz i do hope what you told me on the phone is true. I wanna see you get better but if you think your gonna take me out you got another thing coming! I aint that easy and ya gonna get gimped bra! Blea you suck! Your probably worse than that mike guy(you remember him right?). He knows juan <.<. He tried to fight me but that guy ran away. I ****ed him up!

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
nah nah, dude really al i read its this and that and blah blah blah. u suck man, learn how to play nica, hahaha xD

dude, that guy called mike is fking good. dont mess with that motha****a, hes my twin. and he is even better than me. he can 4stock anyone right now. in fact, he told me hell kick ur sheiks *** wif hes bowser, WHAAAAT

**** THIS IS SO MUCH FUN

nicaboy

Smash Champion
What. No **** melee. Im talking about a fist fight! Not gonna lie he was tough but i managed to pull one out of my *** and got a nice punch in there. He ran crying and i took his girl. Oh and mikes luigi is so bad. He doesn't even no how to recover. My ****ing 4 year old cousin can do that. And i main falco now you fools. Your all domed. You all suck blah blah blah. **** you mike! Btw who is down for friday night? I been playing smash for two weekends in a row and saturday i gotta spend time with the other people involved in my life. Not just you guys. I love you guys though. Except mike. ****ing hate that guy

Ballistics

Smash Champion
LoL i accidentaly hit last on my subscriptions and I found this old tournament thread that would've been my first tournament had i been able to make it. It was like may 2007 around when I just started competitive play and Raphael opened my eyes to melee. I looked at the thread and thought the melee results were pretty interesting. This is McScruff's tournament lol.

Singles

1: Green Mario ($126.00)
2: Seibrik ($63.00)
3: N2k ($21.00)
4: Lambchops
5: linguini
5: Noucles
7: Esam
7: Rexx
9: Honors
9: Dop
9: Sighrax
9: Grey Fox
13: DooDah
13: cesar
13: Nick Riddle
13: Shin chaos
17: Galeon
17: nafix
17: CmRoddy
17: andres
17: GreatNinja
17: ryu

precision

Smash Cadet
nice avatar beanman.

derek i think my first zp tournament i played with grey fox for like 6-8 hours str8.

i wonder how lord adams apple played in 07. prolly wayyyyy more fsmash.

Top Bottom